Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong 조선 정신과 의사 유세풍 [2022-2023]

tvN  | Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong will be delivering warm healing to the viewers this August, 1  | stills.

poong-1024x576.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of tvN Network / tvn_drama / Instagram

source:

Spoiler

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I really like the opening. It's bright and colorful unlike the tone of the drama. 😅

I finished episode one and enjoyed it! It's setting itself up to be a healing drama -- everyone has some sort of trauma they are trying to heal from. Maybe this drama will be something we didn't know we needed because of that. 

I'm curious to see how Se Poong is going to heal his wounds as well as find out who poisoned the King and killed his father. 

Happy to see Kim Min Jae again! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ewwwww @Tofu

The scene of him squeezing the boils 🤢🤢🤢🤢

That said, he's only cutting the surface of the skin, it's not possible that it led to excessive bleeding.

I was eating my lunch at that time ...hahah lucky I have a strong stomach.

I thought I wasn't going to pick this up. But then this is Kim Min Jae ...so I pressed play :laugh:.

Truth is sageuk fusion / comedy is not a genre I am particularly fond of but so far this has been alright. I am not quite feeling the FL's chemie with our Min Jae here but I know this actress is quite talented having seen some of her movies. (the Along the Gods series & Innocent Witness). So let's see how this bit goes. In fact Kim Sang Kyung and Min Jae's scenes were better for me, and I look forward to the development of this mentor - mentee relationship. 

I suppose in present terms , Poong switching from being an acupuncturist to becoming a psychiatrist is how docs change specialization. In those times of course people don't pay as much attention to mental health ( or even recognised it as being important to one's well-being), so I think Poong would be charting new territory for his time. Plus having had suicidal thoughts  himself , I guess he would see the importance of counselling his patients as he treats their physical ailments

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Truth is sageuk fusion / comedy is not a genre I am particularly fond of but so far this has been alright.

First episode 1 is not at all comedic for me. So is it really going to be comedy later? I'm kind of glad they took the story out of the palace because I'm really not into another King vs evil Minister storyline. Although in this instance, I'm actually not sure whether the Minister is the true villain since he was trying to stop the King going to war... but then again, they poisoned him, so...

What's this "North" they were talking about though?

There's not much chemistry between Hyang Gi and Min Jae yet but I agree she's a good child actress. And hahaha, her height suits Min Jae's height too :MewGiggle:

That boil scene was seriously disgusting. I know it's fake but still when the fluid oozes out, I just can't...! Instead, I was OK with the blood LOL.

By the way, don't you guys think his deep voice really suited for sageuk tone? :wow:

OST

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

First episode 1 is not at all comedic for me.

1st episode was more serious than I expected but the teasers had a more comedic tone though.

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, don't you guys think his deep voice really suited for sageuk tone? :wow:

It does. That's why at the end I still decided to watch this .  ahahah 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I don't know where the comedic part is either, maybe it'll come up in the later episodes? The second episode was more serious than the first one. I teared up watching the grandma reunite with her son, who wanted nothing to do with her at first. :cry:

I don't think the chemistry is strong yet (they have good chemistry in their promos though), but there are still ten more episodes. Even if their chemistry doesn't develop, I don't think I mind. I like both leads so I can overlook it. Haha! 

PJP-05.gif

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM I was gross out by the boil too. I had to look away the entire time. When I looked back, he was bleeding. I dare not to rewind to see what happened. :psweatduck:

Yes to Kim Min Jae's voice!! It's honestly one of the reasons why I wanted to watch this. Kim Min Jae and Wu Lei should stop having dramas in the same year because they will forever be my favs (maybe I'm just extremely bias -- by the way, I can't get behind the hype with Junho even though I like Kang Tae Oh. I'm so overly protected of people with developmental disabilities that I only see him as someone not worthy----HAHAHAHA!! Don't come for me, Junho fandom! :pandasadspoon:)

• Haha 3

Reporter Ahn Yoon Ji.

Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong drama series starring Kim Hyang Gi colorful emotional acting is shaking the small screen.

Spoiler

download.jpg

'click on the link'

source:

https://star.mt.co.kr/

hello everyone. :YesHalCat: episode 1 of the comedy-drama Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong starts with the story that revolves around Yoo Se Poong, a former physician who loses his job. an inner conflict evolves as he learns of his father's death (Minister of Personnel Yoo Hoo Myung) . he suffered from a long-term psychosis. I believe a loss due to the king have been poisoned can be among the most difficult losses to bear with a tremendous burden of guilt, anger and shame. then, Se Poong, he resides in a beautiful village and befriends a widow named Seo Eun Woo. 😊 as the daughter of a noble family, Seo Eun Woo is very sharp, observant, and has great empathy. Seo Eun Woo felt wronged by her sudden marriage. meanwhile, versatile actor Kim Sang Kyung plays Gye Ji Han, an eccentric, money-hungry doctor and a peculiar teacher to Se Poong. at first glance, Gye Ji Han was a cold and materialistic arrogant person who only cared about money, but deep down, he was actually very warm and sincere. Gye Ji Han's graceful family led Se Poong to become a great doctor and started helping people with their mental ailments. vertical shot of a beautiful mountain field under the breathtaking sky on the scene. could the same thing happen in the beautiful village? stay tuned:pandapray:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I find episode 2 a lot more engaging than episode 1. Enjoyed it actually. Haha yes @Tofu I was surprised to see Lee Sang Yi Yeob too (a cameo right?). @abs-oluteM Did you know?

His story with the dementia mother must be about the Returning Lady. The fact that she was yelling "barbarians" and the young son calling her "trollop" and how she who must be dead returned alive. It had to be about the Returning Lady. And now that I know the backstory of this (thanks to Tomorrow), I was able to understand it and shed tears.

Glad to know Eun Soo is freed, but must she go around wearing only white now? I hope not. If the drama continues the way it is, I think I'll be able to watch till the end, haha. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 1

Is that LSY the one who played in Hometown chachacha, the PD? I almost cant recognize him because of his beard. Lols.

Story pretty good. It reminds me of Jewel in the palace where they poison the king too through their food. And here through their medicine. 

I thought the ascended king blindly believed to what the evil minister. He was that another weak king that forced to follow their petition while getting some more power to fight back. 

The chemie between KMJ and the leading lady arent there yet. And I don't mind it either. As long as the story keep getting better. It's fine. 10 more episodes? You mean it's only 12 not 16 @Tofu?

• Like 1

@mademoiselle Did Lee Sang Yeob cameo too?! Who was he and why didn't I see it too? I couldn't even recognized Lee Sang Yi because I'm not used to seeing him with facial hair. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

His story with the dementia mother must be about the Returning Lady.

Yes! I thought it was about this especially when she started screaming about the barbarians. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Glad to know Eun Soo is freed, but must she go around wearing only white now? I hope not. If the drama continues the way it is, I think I'll be able to watch till the end, haha

I think she's supposed to continue wearing white or dull colors because she's mourning her husband, right? I'm trying to remember if Yuri in Bossam wore white the entire time....I don't think she did. I think eventually she started wearing colors. 

25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Is that LSY the one who played in Hometown chachacha, the PD?

YEAH! He's that one! Right before I found out he played the son, I was telling stroppyse that this drama might be a proper healing drama and not one that says it's a healing drama but isn't. I called out HCCC as a drama that said it was healing but I don't think it was at all. Hahaha! 

25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

10 more episodes? You mean it's only 12 not 16

Yeah, only 12 episodes. :cry:

• Like 2