17 hours ago, gilaswan said:

were they ousted from their own house or did they choose to vacate because they now know it's no longer a safe space?

I believe it was both. They were Ousted and no longer safe because the media is looking for them.  Hyun Woo came to the rescue and take them home. 
Although grandpa couldn’t fire him, but the new CEO has grounds to fire him because he is related/close to the Queens. 

I am sure we will see Grace on the next episode. I dislike Grace and can’t wait for her downfall. I believe she will fall first. She is also the weakest link. 

I think we should all refelect that Hyun Woo kept his promise, their debt is his debt from when he began to pursue Hae In. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Knetz were saying that it is rather unbelievable that Chaebol families like that  would lose everything overnight.  :laugh:

There's a separation of company  versus personal rights & wealth. Don't tell me the Hong family  has no separate funds kept aside under their personal name?  But then again this family seems so naive and easily fooled that it is not hard to suspend belief. For plot's sake , I don't mind them losing everything if only to show that they have been their own worst enemies. Also it validates everything that Beom Ja and Hyun Woo have been telling them about.

With the reveal that Ms Moh is EunSung's mother, it gives sufficient context to why EunSung is so keen on taking over Queen's. The mother had to "abandon" him for this ultra long term plan, and there's a lot of resentment built up on his part. I agree @mademoiselle that if ES truly has feelings for Hae In, that will become a weak point. But it could also make him more vicious later on. 

I enjoyed SJK's cameo so much. Still hoping for a S2 there. But my favourite bit has to be the epilogue when HaeIn realised that HyunWoo still wants to be with her and she finally finds a good reason to fight on and live. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

@abs-oluteM This is definitely an exaggerated depiction (or not, not a chaebol here 😞). We haven't been given full insights as to what really happened. Whilst the lot celebrated the birthday, Grace was up to something else and we see cameras turned off, and people were moving things in boxes. They stole the family's valuable items. Paintings on the walls were all gone. Eun Sung robbed them. The news also reported investigation is going on they can't leave the country, so I also suspect their personal funds are currently frozen. If not, Hyun Woo might have asked them not to touch it because once they touch it, they can be found by all the vultures who wants a piece of them.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama is successful in making me go back and forth between "he loves her more", "no, she loves him more", "no, no, he loves her more", "no, no, no..." :yayaya:

I didn't think of it that way ahahaha but now I am wondering too. 

@Mouse are you watching this? 

@mademoiselle I was sorry for Soo Cheol when wifey left but old habits die hard. The Hong men just can't read the room. Glad HaeIn slapped him on his head

This has subs for the pre-released

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Hi peoples! :btsjklove:

Popping in here because this drama is going to be the end of me. I sorta regret starting it before all the episodes were out because the waiting for next episodes is killing me.

I'm really enjoying this one. I've got so much to say and don't really know where to begin so just be patient with me :smile:

First, thank you for posting the preview with subtitles @abs-oluteM!  It's so cute how after Hae-in slapped her brother, Hyun Woo's sister looked at him as if to say "she hits you like this?!" And I chuckled when Hyun Woo was so quick to clarify that Hae-in isn't like that with him. :lmao2:

Just like @ktcjdrama said, this drama is doing a very good job of showing how much Hae-In and Hyun Woo love each other that you can't even tell who loves who more. 

I loved the fact that when Hyun Woo first met Hae-In he had no idea she was from a wealthy family. He truly liked her for her, so much so that he was willing to be with her even though he thought she was poor. I loved the scene where he told her that he had always envisioned his wife to be a working woman but if it was her, he wouldn't mind if she stayed home as he would be willing to provide for her. And then he re-enforced that sentiment when they were eating ice cream together, saying that even if her family had debt, he would still stay with her. You can tell this meant a lot to Hae-In especially since she grew up feeling lonely and unloved by her own family. You can see this too when she was having dinner with Yoon Eun-sung, she said that love means being with someone and staying with them even when they have debt. She knows that by Hyun Woo choosing to remain by her side despite everything means that he loves her. This is also why that scene in the elevator where she asked him why he's not leaving the company despite being humiliated was so pivotal for me - Hyun Woo responded that he's staying because he wants to. She knows he loves her.

That scene in the rain when Hae-In momentarily forgot about what happened in Germany broke my heart so much. You could see how happy she was to see him and how much it pained him to have to break it to her again. There were so many little things in that scene alone - from the way she wiped the rain off his shoulders, the way she was looking at him, how she told him she loved him.. and then you can see it in his eyes - the relief and sadness he felt realizing she forgot about the divorce, the hope that she could look at him so fondly again and also the inner struggle he felt knowing she would have to remember.. ugh!! And when she told him she loved him.. it's all he's ever wanted to hear! 

I thought it was cute too that when Hae-In's family was discussing the divorce and how they couldn't believe Hyun Woo would bug the grandfather's office, Hae-In's dad goes, "I can overlook all of that.. what I can't believe is that he wanted to divorce" and then Soo-Cheol goes, "that's the part I can believe.." I think the dad actually likes Hyun Woo because even when Hae-In said that she would make Hyun Woo pay for it, the dad went "do you have to go that far?" and this coming from someone who, in a previous episode, said that if someone leaves you, you have to stab them in the back.

Despite how Hae-In's family treats Hyun Woo, I do think they like him and think highly of him. They listen to him, they pick up his calls, they go to him for help/advice. 

I am quite surprised that the drama revealed the relationship between Yoon Eun-sung and Mo Seul-hee only halfway through the series. I thought it would happen at a much later episode. Makes me so curious to see how the rest of it pans out. I have a suspicion that Soo-Cheol's wife might have a change of heart but we'll see. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama is successful in making me go back and forth between "he loves her more", "no, she loves him more", "no, no, he loves her more", "no, no, no..." :yayaya:

I didn't think of it at all. I just know that they love each other, A LOT. :SquirtleWonderfull:

@abs-oluteM Everyone loved this scene when the pre-release came out yesterday. It cheered me up and put a smile on my face too. It helps taking my stressful mind off from work momentarily to be honest.

Hi @Mouse!! Long time no see! Happy to see you here and please come in often to tell us how you feel about the show. You're so spot on with some of the details you've pointed out above. Agree about Appa and Hae In. I laughed too when Appa says he could understand the bugging, but not the divorce, coupled by Haraboji's quick to yell back! I died.

I also love the bit Appa and the spies sat together trying to decipher Hyun Woo's actions. Love that both father & daughter agreed why Hyun Woo has to pitifully eat and run alone. Like you said, Appa, Hae In and Haraboji do trust Hyun Woo. Even Soo Cheol knows Hyun Woo is reliable, but Soo Cheol and Omma lack respect for him. Looking forward to these two being put in their place and grow some respect for him and his family in the countryside.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

:thinking: What kind of hospital allow the patient card to print out confidential info just by you confirming with a click of a button that you're the patient, without entering any password? :mad::laugh:

:nervous: Is Eun Sung going to make Hae In marry him in exchange for Grandpa's safe return to the family? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I think ES will use the grandpa for forcing HI to come back to queens with him. Does it mean he really likes her? I hope HI rejects her and stays in HW's family hometown. Her family becomes a better person there. And they still need more time to have a vacation in that village. 

I think the lack of love from her mom made her ill. she gets along well with her MIL. I cant wait to see her mom reaction if she finds out that her daughter she neglects will only have 3 months left. She just think of SC better than her.

So both HW and HI r first love to each other. One of the tropes I like. So along the way they will be back together as they learn about each other more. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
10 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle the moment BJ smacks her head right after telling she is a person that moved by cash, 🤣🤣 so satisfying! 

Aunt is the best! She can be nutty but she clearly sees everything that goes on in this family even from long before.

Yesterday's episode was a good one too. I am just glad that Hyun Woo has a plan. What will this Hong family do without him? I love that moment when he came to close the curtain shades and he looked at her with so much affection that I think it will be nuts if they don't reunite. I am expecting the drama to give a happy ending. Fingers crossed! 

So I think from preview HaeIn plans to go back to Queens under ES's terms but I think she too has a plan of sorts. At this point she has nothing to lose and with time not on her side, she'll need to act quickly. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer! ES definitely likes her, always has. But his idea of love is pretty twisted. Not surprising, given how his mum treated him and what he went through as a child, I don't actually think he understands what it is to truly love a person. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle the moment BJ smacks her head right after telling she is a person that moved by cash, 🤣🤣 so satisfying! 

Both smacks from her and Hae In had been satisfying! 😂

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

ES definitely likes her, always has. But his idea of love is pretty twisted.

Twisted indeed. I don't understand how he thinks after all he did, Hae In would accept him. LOL. And it would even be near impossible for Hae In to reciprocate his feelings. Even if he threatens her to be by his side, he wouldn't win her heart.

---

The baddies are already having cracks amongst them, making it easier for Hyun Woo et al. to target them, especially Da Hye and Grace. Regretfully, I see some loopholes in the writing. First being how does an iPod still have power (does it run by battery or recharge?). Secondly, why would Gangster/scammer have bills and wedding info sent to office where he scam people, knowing he would have to abandon the office later? Thirdly, Eun Sung obviously knew Hyun Woo hid Hae In at the end of this episode. Hyun Woo is suing the Gangster/scammers, surely Eun Sung would learn about this. So how will Hyun Woo continue to investigate/collect evidence under Eun Sung's nose? 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I think from preview HaeIn plans to go back to Queens under ES's terms but I think she too has a plan of sorts. At this point she has nothing to lose and with time not on her side, she'll need to act quickly. Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer!

I think that might be their plan too, although I also think Hyun Woo wouldn't agree, but he won't be able to stop Hae In. So he might relent. But I really don't want them to separate though, as in, I hope she doesn't go back living in Queens residence because I want to see more OTP time and they reconnect again. I love the scenes they shared in this episode—there was sweet and bittersweet moments (when she said her goal is to stop bothering Hyun Woo and he looked sad/hurt).

I am a bit 😤 that the drama didn't show us the scenes between Hyun Woo running into the house for Hae In and how he is holding her hand taking her to his room. They were holding hands so naturally!!! How did it happen?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Guys, episodes 9 and 10 were so good and the ending of episode 10 came out of left field for me! :pandawhat:

Spoiler

Putting my thoughts in spoiler for the benefit of those who haven't seen it yet.

SO. MANY. AMAZING. MOMENTS.

I have to say, every time I watch an episode of Queen of Tears, I can't help but think, man that was the best episode yet. This drama just keeps getting better and better.

• The scene where Hyun Woo and Hae-In were texting each other before bed, where Hyun Woo starts to text "I have to leave for work tomorrow morning so I won't be able to see you..." and where Hae-In also starts to text, "What time are you coming home after work tomorrow.." but they don't end up sending it.. that was so important to me. It showed that despite having been cold and barely talking to each other the past few years, he was used to seeing her every morning before work and she's used to staying up in her room, waiting to hear him come home. They were very aware of each other's presence always despite not outwardly showing it to each other.

• The way Hae-In worried when Hyun Woo came home late, the way she practically ran to the door as soon as she heard him coming home.. and the way she worried and got upset when she found out he was hurt.. showed just how much she treasured him. She might be cold to him but she would never ever hurt him and truly does not like it when others cause him harm. The part where she's aggressively undressing him to check his body for wounds.. so endearing and so HOT at the same time! Please drama gods.. give this two a bed scene.. bonus points if we can have a happy ending complete with kids...

• How fast Hyun Woo ran inside when he heard that Hae-In had fainted and Aunt Beomja saying, "if only my exes ran out to me like that..." LOL

• The scene where Hyun Woo's mom finds the leaf trail to Hae-In's room.. she knew. She knew that was Hyun Woo's doing and it pleased her to see it lead to Hae-In's room.

• And my goodness, the scene where Hyun Woo finally tells his mom about Hae-In's condition.. the way he cries as he begs her to take good care of Hae-In when he's not around... I cried so hard! I heard Hyun Woo is the highest paid actor in dramas and man, let me tell you, he's worth every single penny they pay him. The man can act and make you feel all sorts of emotions. I bet you even the coldest person will cry.

• The scene where Hae-In casually follows Hyun Woo to put ointment and a bandage on his wounds.. can these two be any cuter? And the two of them eating ice cream and talking about their regrets. She felt sorry that she had only caused him to be unhappy while he regretted not asking her about her days and then him saying that if they had broken up long ago, he would have regretted it. And reaffirming his feelings by saying that if he had a choice, even after knowing what he knows now, he would make the same choices. LIKE SERIOUSLY? COULD HE BE ANY MORE PERFECT?

• I really thought that Hae-In was going to go according to Yoon Eun-sung's demands. I thought she was going to agree to be with him to spare Hyun Woo. What I didn't see coming was that she was going to use the opportunity to out him so that she could protect Hyun Woo, even at great cost to her. I was FLOORED. And the way she looked at Hyun Woo after.. that was her way of telling him she loved him too and she would also protect him that way he protects her, even at great cost to her.

• And can we just give a standing ovation for the epilogue for ep 10??!! I am so happy that she heard him say that he loves her.. and the way he said it, so pure, so full of love.. "I love you Hae-In". I have so many tears!!

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse I was left in tears after watching ep 10. 
The cast has done such a marvelous job in weaving a tale with on/off screen moments between the cast in giving us viewer insight on Hyun Woo and Hae In.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I really thought that Hae-In was going to go according to Yoon Eun-sung's demands. I thought she was going to agree to be with him to spare Hyun Woo. What I didn't see coming was that she was going to use the opportunity to out him so that she could protect Hyun Woo, even at great cost to her. I was FLOORED. And the way she looked at Hyun Woo after.. that was her way of telling him she loved him too and she would also protect him that way he protects her, even at great cost to her.

I experience so many emotions, sadness, anger, excitement watching this scene. Hae In stood in front of all the reporters and declared to the world, YES was threatening her with her husband livelihood and integrity. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7s5294hipdd2zbofo5e

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 10 moment 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ik08gb6v3lnbh09q6x

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2