Novel: Shao Nian Ge Xing by Zhou Mu Nan
Director: Yin Tao and Zhou Hai Jun
Screenwriter: Zhou Mu Nan (Novel Writer), Ma Jia Ni, and Mu Jing Wen
Genre: Wuxia, Historical
Episodes: 40
Broadcasting Network: Youku
Airing Date: December 26th, 2022

Synopsis:

A young man inadvertently ends up in Fallen Snow Villa and becomes involved in a matter that shakes the pugilistic world.

Aspiring young hero Lei Wu Jie (Ao Rui Peng) was on his way to the great Xueyue City when he mistakenly strays into Fallen Snow Villa. His first heroic deed does not go as planned since he ends up owing the owner Xiao Se (Li Hong Yi) a debt for the damages to his place. Left with no choice, Lei Wu Jie takes Xiao Se along and in their journey, they meet Tang Lian (Li Xin Ze) who is a disciple of the Tang sect. Together, the group of youths embark on an adventure. (Credit)

Official Websites:
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 1

Cast.

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gnzixk9pj34gd2i7u11.jpg

Li Hong Yi as Xiao Se / Xiao Chuhe

Prince Yong An. Sixth son of Emperor Ming De

(voiced by Gu Jiang Shan)

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gzfc4nowj348m2dvqv9.jpg

Ao Rui Peng as Lei Wu Jie

Disciple of Jiangnan's Thunderbolt Sect

(voiced by Sun Lu Lu)

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gnzkghf4j32t81kyhdu.jpg

Liu Xue Yi as Wu Xin / Ye Shian

Young master of Tian Wai Tian

(voiced by Zhang Jie)

Spoiler

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gnzqk3ahj34bq2fl4qt.jpg

Li Xin Ze as Tang Lian

First disciple of Xue Yue City

(voiced by Wei Chao)

Spoiler

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gnzmhd25j33vq26mqv7.jpg

Lin Bo Yang as Sikong Qian Luo 

Young lady of Xue Yue City

(voiced by Qiao Shi Yu)

Spoiler

008b-PS4-Tly1h9gnzs1sr8j327n18tqv5.jpg

Dai Yan Ni as Ye Ruoyi

The daughter of Royal Family's General

(voiced by Tang Xiao Xi)

Spoiler

Tian Qi City

Royal Family

Ding Yong Dai as Emperor Ming De (voiced by Yang Mo), ruler of Bei Li Kingdom

Dong Xuan as Yi Wenjun / Consort Xuan, mother of Wu Xin and Xiao Yu

Zhang Gong as Xiao Ruofeng / Prince Langya, younger brother of Emperor Ming De

Fan Jin Wei as Xiao Chong, Prince Bai

Ji Cheng as Xiao Chong (young)

Deng Kai as Xiao Yu, Prince Chi

Bai Shu as Xiao Lingchen, Prince Langya's son

Men Dong Yi as Xiao Yueli, Duke Lan Yue

Others

Shen Bao Ping as Qi Tianchen

Zhang Cheng He as Ye Xiaoying, Ye Ruoyi's father

Leng Zhong Yi as Jin Yu

Du Jun Ze as Jin Xian (voiced by Qi Si Jia), Chang Xian Eunuch. Emperor Ming De's subordinate

Yang Chao Ran as Jin Xuan

Xue Fei as Jin Yan

Li Jun Xian as Jin Wei

Tian Wai Tian (Demon Sect)

Ma Jing Han as Mo Qishi / White Haired Immortal

Wei Zi Yang as Purple Robe Duke

Thunderbolt Sect

Yu Xiao Ming as Lei Qianhu, sect leader

Nie Zi Hao as Lei Yunhe

Cheng Cheng as Lei Hong, Lei Wujie's teacher

Xue Yue City

He Zhong Hua as Sikong Chang Feng, Third Master of Xue Yue City, known as the Spear Deity. Sikong Qian Luo's father

Yan Jie as Baili Dong Jun (voiced by Li Lu), Tang Lian's teacher

Zhang Wei Na as Li Hanyi (voiced by Ma Cheng & Xu Jia Qi), Lei Wujie's elder sister

Zheng Yuan Yuan as Yin Luoxia

Zhao Wen Hao as Luo Mingxuan

Cheng Zi as Fairy Lady Rui (voiced by Kun Qiu Xiang (申秋香)), dancer of Belle Manor. Tang Lian's lover

Tang Sect

Yang Zi Hua as Old Master Tang

Qin Chu Ming as Tang Lianyue, Tang Lian's teacher

Ye Sheng Tong as Tang Ze

Bai Xiao Hall

Liu Xiu as Bai Xiaosheng, hall leader. Xiao Se's teacher

Sha Xuan as Ji Xue, Bai Xiaosheng's daughter

?? as Ji Ruofeng (voiced by Wu Ling Yun)

Dark River

Mu Kai Kai as Su Changli

Liu Yi Chen as Su Changhe

Tian Lei Xi as Mu Yumo

Jiang Zhen Hao as Su Muyu

Li Pei Ze as Xie Qidao

Jiu Long Sect

Jin Song as Da Jue

Wang Jing as Wu Chan, Wu Xin's senior brother

Liu Sheng Chen (刘晟宸) as Wu Chan (young)

Wu Shuang City

Wang Bin as Song Yanhui

Guo Jia Nan as Lu Yudi (voiced by Qi Si Jia)

Dong Li Wu You as Wu Shuang (voiced by Chu Jun)

Wang Cheng Mountain

Cao Yu Chen as Zhao Yuzhen (voiced by Ling Fei)

Su Ze Lin as Li Fansong

Shen Lin Jun as Fei Xuan (voiced by Yan Meng Meng)

Cast Credit = https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Blood_of_Youth

• Like 1

@Tofu I'm all up to date. Binge-watched the available episodes in two days. (I'm on holidays) It's fantastic but I should have probably waited. Or maybe not.

I blame you for getting me hooked on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma It's so easy to breeze through all the episodes especially if this genre is something you don't mind watching. I even spent $3 on Youku's membership so I can watch the new episodes when it comes out (with subs). Hahaha!! 

This post from MDL gives a lot of good insight about each character: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/shao-nian-ge-xing/83611-airing-calendar

I've referred to that post a few times when I couldn't remember the sect of the new characters. 

• Like 1

No more episodes until Monday! :cry:

I love this group so much! I have so much fun watching them. I do have to admit that I enjoy it much more when Wu Xin is with Tian Lian, Lei Wu Jie, and Xiao Se. The four of them shine when they are onscreen together. I don't care too much about Ru Yi or Qian Luo. They are great in their own ways, but the heart of the drama is definitely with the boys. 

They all come from prominent families, but they never have money. :laugh:

d111d01bec1334b68959e2887f8eb5eaf7f654ed

52133c85f3d1f56836c000cc6b89a193ed730577

d0c2615cbf6d72a9ae89e0214cd6240b75286e95

Credit

• Like 1

Hello 

I am here 

Watching first episode, I am on Vacation 

Yay.  Will try to watch and comment. Wish me luck. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886k41qz2q3icsddceodf

Watching this drama has me already laughing. Lol 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886w699cwsmqdyjt9m3h9

wow Episode 1 was so engaging. I am so hooked. I am loving how this story began. It started off with a bit of  humor and slowly introduced us with a mystery needing to be solved. 

• Party! 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 1/5/2023 at 2:04 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Tofu I'm all up to date. Binge-watched the available episodes in two days. (I'm on holidays) It's fantastic but I should have probably waited. Or maybe not.

I blame you for getting me hooked on this.

No wonder you binge watched all the episoded. It's so addicting.

The story is good, the graphics are EPIC!!! I mean wow, my mouth drops open every times a character fight and uses their powers. 

• Party! 2

I read that the drama followed the anime pretty closely. I don't know how it fair against the novel though. It seems like Mo Yi, the person they meet at the Celestial Island will be the no. 1 sword deity who will cured Xiao Se. 

@UnniSara I'm so happy you're watching with us. Yay!! How far along are you now?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I found a cute couple.  She really likes him and he is attracted to her. I wish he break his chain of only following the rules on this journey and enjoy his youth. 

I am on episode 6 @Tofu

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861ea5d136d688f9ec0e

• Clapping Hands 2

19 hours ago, UnniSara said:

No wonder you binge watched all the episoded. It's so addicting.

The story is good, the graphics are EPIC!!! I mean wow, my mouth drops open every times a character fight and uses their powers. 

It's pretty good. Gets better all the time generally. But the worse thing is that I can't watch any other C drama now. Except maybe for Unchained Love.

The highlight of this show isn't romance... obviously when it's all about male camaraderie and loyalty and so it's really the characters that makes this work. My favourite is undoubtedly Xiao Se and I love how the narrative shifts quite gradually to his "hero's journey". I remember Li Hongyi from Devil Master Don't Kiss Me.

I can't say I'm invested in any of romances nor do I find them intolerable. Lei Wujie's dynamic with Ye Ruoyi is rather cute. But I feel that the build up for Xiao Se and Qianluo seems to be lacking the X factor.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

8 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't say I'm invested in any of romances nor do I find them intolerable. Lei Wujie's dynamic with Ye Ruoyi is rather cute. But I feel that the build up for Xiao Se and Qianluo seems to be lacking the X factor.

there are some drama that captures your attention and makes it hard to enjoy another one because they lack something @40somethingahjumma that is why you aren’t Interested. It happens a lot to me. Lol

Well said chingu, I am watching for the Brotherhood between the characters. 
Xiao Se is one of my favorite characters, so is WuXin.  When they are on screen together you can tell understand each other because they both are running away from something 

But after Ep 7 WuXin stopped running and decided to face his fate. He finally realized that he has responsibility to return to his Sect and grow up. 
Xiao Se will also have to make choice soon but don’t know when that will happen. Looking forward to see what happen next.

Lei Wujie is there because he is so naive, but a good person at heart. He will be extremely powerful martial artist and need to cultivate some more. 

Thanks for recommending this drama @Tofu

• Clapping Hands 2

@UnniSara

I love Wuxin too and his sense of humour. In fact I like his dynamic with Xiao Se more than Lei Wujie. This is not to say I don't like Xiao Se's dynamic with Lei Wujie. But with Xiao Se and Wuxin, they have a much more equal dynamic. Two intelligent men who are on the same wavelength even with just a few words. I suppose too that they're both born to lead and have a much deeper sense of their place in the bigger picture. 

If they don't royally screw up the ending, then this could easily be one of the year's best dramas.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 2

36 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If they don't royally screw up the ending, then this could easily be one of the year's best dramas.

I have noticed awesome drama never have  EPIC ending at all. Their ending always end with comic relief since it is a HEA. But when it isn’t a HEA, it has more of an impact. I wish they would change that aspect. 

I agree WuXin & Xiao Se have so much chemistry, they are intelligent and very insync.  When he left WuXin cried and I was so moved by it because he really wanted to see the world . He wanted a little bit of freedom too. 

Xiao Se has a lot of freedom but he too wants answers, his fate and what he should do next since he is The Emperor’s son the ex Crown Prince. 

Lei Wujie this character is the heart of the group. When all three are together he will the  one who would push WuXin & Xiao Se to choose the right path which is Justice. When is with one of them alone, you can tell he is lost that is all due to the fact he is still a childe unlike WX & XS are very mature for their age due to their blood experience which was hard but LJ was spoiled and protected. The fact he is with XS he has a better chance at surviving because he doesn’t know how to submit yet. 

• Clapping Hands 2

I so plan to download or buy The Blood of Youth Soundtrack. I really loved the solos songs playing at certain time in a episode that really moves me . 

• Party! 1

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But the worse thing is that I can't watch any other C drama now.

Hahaha! Same! I have been in the longest C-Drama slump ever -- a few months since LLTG and LBFAD ended. I couldn't find a drama I liked or if I liked one, it would start strong and get uninteresting in the middle to the end. This is the first time in a long time that I find myself invested in another C-Drama. 

I, too, like the dynamic between Wu Xin and Xiao Se. They are equals and have gone through similar situations which makes them understand each other more. Xiao Se and Lei Wu Jie's relationship is nice too. They have this big brother/little brother type of relationship going on where Xiao Se is usually correctly him or teaching him new things. I have to say, Lei Wu Jie is so naïve and oblivious to many things. I thought it was pretty obvious who Xiao Se is, but he was one of the last one to find out. :laugh:

Xiao Se reminds me of your neighborhood grandma who always know the latest gossips with the way he knows everyone and what everyone is going through. :lmao2:

New episodes tomorrow! Here's the trailer for the episodes airing tomorrow:

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Lei Wu Jie is bonding with his sister and I am loving their siblings relationship even though WJ doesn’t know it. 
I can’t wait to find out what happened in the past and can see how much WJ’s jiejie loves him and is very worried of the past repeating itself.

I have a question @Tofu @40somethingahjumma  What is Xiao Ruofeng relationship to Xiao Se??

• Clapping Hands 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, UnniSara said:

What is Xiao Ruofeng relationship to Xiao Se??

That's Xiao Se's master. He's also called Lord of Langya in the drama. He is the Emperor's brother, I believe? Something happened (I forget what) and the Emperor blamed it on him, plus had him killed. 

Lord Langya's son will show up later around episode 25-ish. 

• Thanks 1