Bo Ra! Deborah / True To Love 보라! 데보라 [2023]

wink_

13 hours ago, bellatrix_19 said:

I loved this show so much, and missing it already! Wednesdays and Thursdays don't feel the same without the new episodes :( I can't wait to binge watch it again on Netflix!

I wish we had gotten 16 episodes - I really feel like that would've helped the pacing of the story a lot better. What do you guys think?

I loved the main pairing of Yoon Hyun Min and Yoo InNa, and had no expectations when the drama first started . Very pleasantly surprised by their natural chemistry. Their romance kept me invested and I felt that their interactions & the build up to their love line was the show's strongest point.

My main grouse was  the pacing. The number of episodes would have been fine ( even 12 will suffice) , if they had not had Bora spend almost 6 episodes pining for the jerk of an ex. Still, I could accept it since there were plenty of comedic moments that lead to SuHyeok and Bora's paths crossing. The magic happened in the 4 or 5 episodes before ep 13. Especially episode 11 and 12 when you see SH getting closure, and the flirting between the leads was at its peak. I particularly enjoyed seeing SH's change, and he had become the perfect ML that viewers like me dream of.

I agree with @ktcjdrama... the nightmare for me came in episode 13 when suddenly SH couldn't express his true feelings and seemed to be shaken by JuWan. That I didn't really get. SH who had seen JW and Bora's breakup , and had witnessed what a jerk Ju Wan was with his affair and subsequent treatment of BR would be willing to let him have her? That just seem illogical at this point of the story....the writer did a disservice to SH's character. Made me a little mad as I adore YHM in this role. It was fortunate it ended well for the leads.

As to the other pairings , I wasn't particularly invested. I didn't mind Bomi's love line , though it took me awhile to warm up to her character where she came across as a self-entitled brat. I thought  the simple straightforward uncomplicated romance with JH was suppose to be a contrast of sorts to the other complicated pairings. That itself would have been sufficient. I really didn't like it when they brought in the pregnancy thing as it was handled flippantly, and BM once again felt like a spoilt brat yelling at her sister who was just concerned for her. The drama also did a very surface sort of wrap up for YJ and her husband's marital issues. If they had paced things better, we would have gotten deeper resolutions and messaging from these side romances. 

That said, I  liked and enjoyed the show, and was something I looked forward to in the midweek. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring