Doctor Slump 닥터슬럼프 [2024]

Ladies, you'll need to brace yourself for the end of episode 8. It nearly broke me 😭

Ha Neul is great at taking care of Jeong Woo, but when it comes to herself, she can’t do the same and is helpless. I wished she was able to heed Jeong Woo and deal with her struggles while also being by his side. Unfortunately, while he was willing to stick by her side, she felt guilty and unworthy. I liked that Jeong Woo didn’t push her though and instead, gave her an umbrella instead. I know he won’t give up so easily but will give her space and protect her from a distance. In time, I hope that Ha Neul will open-up to Jeong Woo about everything (all the sorrow, hurt, betrayal) and let him help her as she has done so for him. After all, a healthy relationship should be some kind of give and take, with both partners working together to provide support, encouragement, and compassion during times of challenge, sadness, or problems.

I agree Jeong Woo’s trial ended rather quickly (even conveniently). I could be wrong, but I can’t shake off the feeling that Kyung Min had something to do with it. (I mean, look at his shady history with Ha Neul 😥)

On a brighter note, I’m glad Jeong Woo and Dae Young made up! They’re a hilarious combination. At least while Jeong Woo and Ha Neul are facing some hurdles, he has another hyung (a genuine one) by his side now. I still think there needs to be more Dae Young screen time.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I’m back after having some time to process episode 8 and concluded that I don’t necessarily think the breakup is all bad. The thing is Jeong Woo doesn’t truly know Ha Neul yet. By that, I mean the details of Ha Neul’s struggles. It looks like she’s still hurting from her father’s death and Kyung Min’s betrayal, but Jeong Woo probably assumes her depression is mainly stemming from her career situation. It’s the only thing he is aware of so far. I think this is why he felt it was best to turn down the work opportunity with Dae Young. While I don’t necessarily agree with his choice, I can understand him. He’s too kind and particularly sensitive about Ha Neul after seeing her breakdown. (It’s actually quite impressive that she’s his priority over a job, especially while he’s in debt.) Now that he and Ha Neul aren’t together, maybe he’ll reconsider Dae Young's offer and work with him. It’ll be good for him to get back on his feet, to practice and continue to deal with his PTSD. It will also be good to give Ha Neul some time to work on herself as well.

I'm curious to know what you all think...

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 8 took an unexpected turn. That's the shortest relationship between an OTP. 😅

I wish the drama deal with both leads' struggles and backstory equally, but it doesn't seem to be the case. It took less than one episode to give us Jeong Woo's backstory and we're back to more episodes on Ha Neul's problems.

I do love that Dae Young and Jeong Woo made up, and really hope to see more interactions between them. Honestly, we still don't know what exactly happened between them. It now made it look like Jeong Woo didn't think it was a big deal and it was all Dae Young being overly sensitive. I don't know, it just feels like when it comes to Jeong Woo, there is a lack of context.

And OMG, whyyyyy Hong Ran? Why did she have to tell Ha Neul the reason behind Jeong Woo's rejection? She could have just ended it with, "Jeong Woo rejected the opportunity" and let Ha Neul confront Jeong Woo. 🤦🏻‍♀️ @peperomia I don't know how he plans to pay back his debt, maybe he eventually picked up the phone calls from those people who decided to do business with him again. There are still a lot of face mask to run out...? But, I thought it was considerate of him. I, too, don't think the break up is necessarily bad if they can still remain civil and be around one another. Moreover, looks like his PTSD is still an issue (from the next episode). So technically, both still have to take care of their own problems or do it together, whichever way they choose.

As for the OTP's relationship, I'm glad Jeong Woo asks Ha Neul about the cause of her depression. More importantly he knows she isn't being open with it.

Granted I understand the reason why Ha Neul didn't want to tell Jeong Woo about Kyung Min's wrongdoings because they are friends, but since she went and splashed water on his face in public, she should have just exposed him then and there. Even if she can't prove it, it at least would cast doubts on Kyung Min.

BTS

• Clapping Hands 2

@peperomia @mademoiselle I didn't see that break up coming. :cry: I feel like this is a recurring theme in this show. Just like Haneul wondering how long happiness will last , it feels like the drama  needs to prove that point in every episode. Make you happy & laugh your head off, then smack you with harsh reality. But truth is, till HaNeul addresses these issues / baggages, it would be hard to have a healthy thriving relationship. I think she has to be able to be transparent with JW, especially regarding Kyung Min. JW needs to know what a jerk this Kyung Min is.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Do you guys think maybe Kyung Min was the one who introduce the Macau chaebol to Jeong Woo's clinic? Notice he even sat at the Macau side rather than Jeong Woo's side.

Or... it's just the show trying to make us think Kyung Min is the culprit. Hahaha.

*Think too much*

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys think maybe Kyung Min was the one who introduce the Macau chaebol to Jeong Woo's clinic? Notice he even sat at the Macau side rather than Jeong Woo's side.

Or... it's just the show trying to make us think Kyung Min is the culprit. Hahaha.

*Think too much*

Right now,  I think it isn't related . Jeong Woo was really just unlucky. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

As for the OTP's relationship, I'm glad Jeong Woo asks Ha Neul about the cause of her depression. More importantly he knows she isn't being open with it.

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But truth is, till HaNeul addresses these issues / baggages, it would be hard to have a healthy thriving relationship. I think she has to be able to be transparent with JW, especially regarding Kyung Min. JW needs to know what a jerk this Kyung Min is.

I totally agree. It'll be interesting how the next half of the story handles Ha Neul opening up to Jeong Woo so that he truly knows her, especially her past with Kyung Min.

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I do love that Dae Young and Jeong Woo made up, and really hope to see more interactions between them. Honestly, we still don't know what exactly happened between them. It now made it look like Jeong Woo didn't think it was a big deal and it was all Dae Young being overly sensitive. I don't know, it just feels like when it comes to Jeong Woo, there is a lack of context.

Maybe with Jeong Woo and Ha Neul's relationship taking a back seat for now, the story will shift the focus on who Jeong Woo is individually and give us more context of him. I'm hoping he'll reconsider and take the job opportunity with Dae Young. It would make sense as it was thought Jeong Woo would likely end up working on Dae Young's clinic. Maybe this is where we see Jeong Woo having a relapse of his PTSD in the next episode. I really don't want him to collaborate with the company and so-called friends who had abandoned him.

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

*Think too much*

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Right now,  I think it isn't related . Jeong Woo was really just unlucky. 

I still think Kyung Min had something to do with it. Otherwise, why give us that shower scene of him looking at the spy pen? There was also a scene of him smirking while watching the news coverage of Jeong Woo's case. There's 8 more episodes so let's see if this circles back to this. I'm fine if it's all in my head though. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Park Shin Hye Goes On A Blind Date To Try To Get Over Park Hyung Sik In “Doctor Slump”

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” has shared a sneak peek of Park Hyung Sik and Park Hyung Sik’s struggles from its upcoming episode!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye plays Nam Ha Neul, a workaholic anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

Spoilers

Previously on “Doctor Slump,” Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo briefly got together and began an adorable romance. However, at the end of the latest episode, they broke viewers’ hearts by going their separate ways.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, both doctors suffer the fallout of their breakup—and for the first time since their reunion, they suffer on their own, instead of together.

First, Yeo Jung Woo returns to the operating room for the first time in a long while. After struggling with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) due to his patient’s death and the trauma of being framed for it, Yeo Jung Woo is clearly battling his nerves as he finds himself back in front of the operating table.

Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik-2-1.jpg

Meanwhile, Nam Ha Neul can be seen wide awake at night, unable to fall asleep—possibly due to missing Yeo Jung Woo after their split. As she lies in bed while miserably looking at her phone, it’s clear that despite being the one to end things with Yeo Jung Woo, the breakup hasn’t been easy for her.

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-2-1.jpg

In the next set of photos, Nam Ha Neul appears to be going on a blind date with a mystery man in order to move on. However, the frosty vibe of the date seems to indicate that neither of them is even remotely interested in the other.

Park-Shin-Hye-2.jpg

Spoiler

Doctor-Slump-2.jpg

To find out what happens to Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo after their breakup—and whether they’ll find their way back to one another—catch the next episode of “Doctor Slump” on February 24 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

source

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/24/2024 at 12:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not sure why there is a blind date involved when she herself says she's not in the condition to date..? 😕

My exact thoughts....like that doesn't make sense. I just hope the drama is trolling us. I don't mind some angst & conflict too like what @peperomia said. As long as they can both sort out their personal issues. The pre-released was very funny thanks to Park Hyung Sik's excellent comic timing. It was also sweet because he tells her he will wait for her. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I was rather annoyed with her mother for agreeing to the blind date. But I know she was trying to help. It was fortunate that uncle helped to mediate the situation, and that mum too was half-hearted about the whole arrangement. The mother-daughter heart to heart made me shed some tears. I think this could very well be one of my favourite roles of Park Shin Hye - somehow I feel this sincerity coming through in her acting that was a bit lacking in previous roles that I have seen her in. 

The ending made me happy ...it was what we had been expecting for them to work together. 

Looking forward to eps 10

Pre-released

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

So did Hyung Sik melt this ice queen? I’m usually not a fan of her kiss scenes , though I liked the ones in Doctors. This turned out pretty sweet 

Glad we had more progress with them today !

preview looks good ❤️

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

🫣 not peeking at comments.  On purpose I have miraculously restrained watching and waiting to binge.  Sometimes it’s nice to watch episode after episode.  So little feed in Twitter says the kiss happened.  Apparently PHS did a good job since his name is trending on my twitter

ready to binge and will be back for catch up on comments

• Haha 1
  • Party! 2

I am enjoying this show so much because of PHS. He’s incredibly attractive as Jeong Woo. He’s so funny and so sweet. My kind of guy. What I liked about episode 10 is that even though he is kind, he isn’t a pushover. He let Ha Neul know that while he was willing to endure the hardships by her side, it was so easy for her to let him go. Although he eventually understood her reasons later, he brought up a good point. In a sincere relationship, I agree you can’t let go so hastily. Let’s hope no more breakups.

On the flipside, I liked the part where Ha Neul let Jeong Woo know that she’s recovered a lot because of him. He cheered her up when she was at her lowest and the happiness that she felt with him made her realize that being a doctor doesn’t define who she is. There’s still life and meaning of oneself outside the hospital. As such, if he can’t overcome his trauma, he can’t let it be the end of his world either. He's still the incredible person that she knows. How great that these two are able to find each other and see each other as the light/inspiration to get better.

Of course, I loved the part where Dae Young meets Hong Ran’s son. As expected, they bonded over insects. So cute! I am not sure how I feel about Hong Ran’s character is written though. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but how the leads repeatedly find out things because of her makes her less likeable. I hope the show will stop doing this to her.

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was rather annoyed with her mother for agreeing to the blind date. But I know she was trying to help. It was fortunate that uncle helped to mediate the situation, and that mum too was half-hearted about the whole arrangement. The mother-daughter heart to heart made me shed some tears. I think this could very well be one of my favourite roles of Park Shin Hye - somehow I feel this sincerity coming through in her acting that was a bit lacking in previous roles that I have seen her in. 

The ending made me happy ...it was what we had been expecting for them to work together. 

I was glad her mother quickly realized her mistake and owned up to it. Not all mothers would admit their wrong and apologize the way she did. And, I'm glad Ha Neul doesn't hold grudges and easily forgave her mother. I got teary at the mother/daughter scene too. It was emotional to see the mother truly understand her daughter's pain. First to acknowledge that Ha Neul was still struggling with her father's death and holding grief/guilt inside. Then, to let her know that being unemployed is okay. Peace within oneself is most important so she should put everything behind her and take this time to enjoy the simple things in life. What a beautiful scene.

Although some obstacles in episode 10, I am happy they are finally working together too!

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So did Hyung Sik melt this ice queen? I’m usually not a fan of her kiss scenes , though I liked the ones in Doctors. This turned out pretty sweet 

PHS is a pretty good kisser :wow: PSH was a little better here. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My fave bit is when Dae Young aegyo his way in joining them for lunch with the Teacher. It was a fun scene, with Jeong Woo and Ha Neul fighting again, and Dae Young and Teacher bonding because of them. Haha.

I also found the part Jeong Woo pulled Ha Neul aside and spoke his mind compelling. Maybe it was because a minute ago, Park Hyung Sik was all smile and being silly and then a minute later, he's all serious and hurt. The contrast was huge and that made a strong impression.

All in all, I'm just glad they finally kickstarted the "helping each other out" bit and going down the route we all expected at the beginning of the show i.e., they eventually worked together and with Dae Young! I'm just glad there is more Dae Young now; I would be upset if he continues to have so little screen time (for actor Yoon Park, I mean).

I still cannot put my suspicion to rest on Kyung Min vs the murder case. If he could plot against Ha Neul (being a two-faced), who's to say he did not do the same for Jeong Woo. It just seems like he's the type of person who wouldn't do something "nice" if he's not gaining something from it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 2
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My fave bit is when Dae Young aegyo his way in joining them for lunch with the Teacher. 

I'm just glad there is more Dae Young now; I would be upset if he continues to have so little screen time (for actor Yoon Park, I mean).

I agree. Dae Young is just as funny and adorable as Jeong Woo. It's great that we're finally having more scenes of him with the leads. Also, I like that his story with Hong Ran and her son is progressing as well. I wonder if the daughter will come into this picture too.

I also found the part Jeong Woo pulled Ha Neul aside and spoke his mind. Maybe it was because a minute ago, Park Hyung Sik was all smile and being silly and then a minute later, he's all serious and hurt. The contrast was huge and that made a strong impression.

I think this contrast gives Jeong Woo's character dimension. Humans have basic emotions and seeing these different ones from him makes him feel more realistic. (I kind of want more about his family though. It would be interesting to see his parents come back from the U.S. and stir things up a bit. Not exactly for drama but to resolve his lack of family support.)

I still cannot put my suspicion to rest on Kyung Min vs the murder case. If he could plot against Ha Neul (being a two-faced), who's to say he did not do the same for Jeong Woo. It just seems like he's the type of person who wouldn't do something "nice" if he's not gaining something from it.

You are not alone on this. I do think there's a chance the story will circle back to murder case. Also, knowing Kyung Min's wicked nature, he might not let Jeong Woo's punch slide so easily. He might plot some more.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle @peperomia So far this drama has not disappointed me. It doesn't take long for the characters to communicate and try and sort out their feelings/ issues. One of those old school tropes I hate is when the show rides on some stupid misunderstanding for the longest time to keep the story going. 

@Mizv I think you will love this show. @gilaswan @ktcjdrama are you watching this? 

Actually Hong Ran is a real blabber mouth but I lol-ed when even she said so herself. Thanks to her though a lot of misunderstandings get solved. Fortunately her character isn't just written to be the messenger between the leads , and that she has her own love line. I like how they are developing things first between Doctor Origami and her son. For single parents, when you date again there are so many things to consider as the person who dates you has to get along with your kid too. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM Yes, yes! I'm here! I've just been quite occupied at work (more like work continues in the after hours... *sob*) so I haven't had as much time to hang out here as I would want.

I'm rather liking this show, and really, it's cos of PHS. He's just all of talented. Love his acting and how he's carrying this character. 

I have to say for a moment I thought the entire show was going to be a murder mystery whodunit series, so I was pleasantly surprised that the legal case against him was cleared up very quickly. But yes, I too wonder if that's really the end of the case with Kyungmin, especially that ominous scene earlier on with him (was it in the shower?) without his glasses. I found it very sus that he was so forthcoming in offering help to Jeongwoo, including recommending legal counsel and all. He's clearly not someone who offers help for nothing in return. Now that Jeongwoo has turned his back on him and there's no future cash in credit to be had, what's next? After all, we've still got a good 6 more episodes to go.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 2/27/2024 at 8:24 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama are you watching this? 

Yes yes... I am up to date with the drama, and have stuff to say, but just that I'm becoming busy again that I don't have time to write long comments. How I miss those days where I can watch 6-8 dramas :cry:  I'm down to only watching 1-2 dramas now, I think... wait, with Marry My Husband ending, I am actually left with this one that I'm still watching :thinking: but I did finish Killer Paradox somehow last week. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I feel you… I’ve been very occupied at work (and out of work too) this season and actually would love to have dramas to unwind to… but watching dramas eat into precious sleep. Sob… Doctor Slump and Captivating the King are must watches for me, but CTK ends this weekend… Nothing else really catching my attention (yet) on the horizon…

• Like 3