Blood Free 지배종 [Current]

@mademoiselle It looks like that the alternative food business is just a small part of what BF is capable of. Clearly the ex-president, the current Prime Minister  and PM's father are all after the undisclosed technologies that BF has .Agree with you that BF could have technologies to regenerate cells that can be used to replace body parts. This isn't too far fetch given human parts have been successfully  grown in pigs & not forgetting the development of stem cells tech. 

So I supposed that they,  or rather the PM's father who approached her to buy over BF, had a hand in killing the runaway scientist and is likely responsible for the latest attack on her. They were completely ambushed. I think from preview, WWC will realise he is being used. 

This was funny . Can't blame audience for using a romantic lens to view their interactions :laugh:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Cultivating human organs inside pigs sound scary. I can't help but imagine one day we would see what happened in the movie when a mad scientist decided to play God and create some kind of genetically modified human/animal hybrid. Worse of all, what if genetic mutation happen and this new species become something so lethal that is the end of Earth?

Then again, maybe I won't be around to see this. I guess we should worry about WW3 at the moment, huh? I honestly cannot imagine us living in the era of WW3 and having no Kdramas to watch. 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

I have to be honest the bodyguard credential seems a bit questionable. He put her at his house (his house has been attacked before and granted there is suspicious car around 😂 okay of course we live to see Mansik bonding with Jayu is probably the whole purpose of her relocation 😅). Second one he already realised the tattoo on police traffic, can't he call backup or turn around ? But he choose to continue the trip inside the forest. And of course lastly ' I will protect you '  but then injured quicker than lightning strike 😂

I'm not sure if he purposely get injured to infiltrate BF secret lab? But they seems didn't have plan for the bodyguard to seduced CEO and got so much sympathy out of her, and she in turn will do anything to save him 😂 In any case, he's probably just not the best bodyguard service out there 🫢

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I have to be honest the bodyguard credential seems a bit questionable. He put her at his house (his house has been attacked before and granted there is suspicious car around 😂 okay of course we live to see Mansik bonding with Jayu is probably the whole purpose of her relocation 😅). Second one he already realised the tattoo on police traffic, can't he call backup or turn around ? But he choose to continue the trip inside the forest. And of course lastly ' I will protect you '  but then injured quicker than lightning strike 😂

I'm not sure if he purposely get injured to infiltrate BF secret lab? But they seems didn't have plan for the bodyguard to seduced CEO and got so much sympathy out of her, and she in turn will do anything to save him 😂 In any case, he's probably just not the best bodyguard service out there 🫢

You're so funny, but on point about his bodyguard credentials. He might have exaggerated his resume! :laugh:

When his house was under attack, it was sent by Ja Yu to test him, so I guess this one doesn't count. But the suspicious car definitely says something! Like the tattoo, he does notice them, but this bodyguard seems slow on "digesting" the information. :laugh:

• Haha 2

I wasn't too far off with what BF's technology could do. Woo Chae Woon became the second human test subject. He didn't suffer damaged organs, so there was no need for transplant. They injected him with something (culture fluid?). Though, Chae Woon later learnt BF can also cultivate human organs. The basis of this technology was stemmed from Ja Yu watching her twin sister dying from mad cow disease, and was completely helpless. The technology failed to heal Professor Kim's wife, but succeeded in treating Chae Woon's wounds by repairing his muscle tissue. I can't tell if the technology could repair broken bones too, because Chae Woon suffered from broken ribs too.

Unfortunately, the BF team also doesn't know if there will be any side effects. Something is happening to Chae Woon's body, though, when he got angry at On San treating his left ear.

It's clear now ex-President must have wanted to grow another pair of legs. Or, he could have the same ambition as his former son-in-law, which is a far more scary ambition. Any men craving immortality always brings chaos and destruction.

@SilverMoonTea your bodyguard Oppa now has super hearing. LMAO!

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea your bodyguard Oppa now has super hearing. LMAO!

I felt like the incoming future for him is transforming into Hulk 😂 This way at least JY will have better bodyguard spec lols. 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's clear now ex-President must have wanted to grow another pair of legs. Or, he could have the same ambition as his former son-in-law, which is a far more scary ambition. Any men craving immortality always brings chaos and destruction.

Seems the three generation villain (?) are totally not align with each other. They don't seems to know each other plan too? And it was funny the PM also seems to be liking JY and it might be a quite pure adoration lols. I think the PM also have some disease on him too? He injecting something to himself. 

Also can we discuss about how comfy JY is at CW's house lols. And I think Mansik has become her pet instead of CW 😂 And she was paying attention to his every step while petting Mansik. Cos later in she can recalled how to do the same when he's not around. The not-romance drama is romancing ! 

Do you think the bodyguard friend will die? It's sad as seems they alrd become BFF recently. The stab seems very close to his spine. If he brought up to normal hospital and not to BF's underground think he will die. 

@peperomia are you going to check this out? It's the only drama that excite me at the moment. 

Spoiler

So behind with Nothing Uncovered lols. Actually I don't like the couple love story. It will be better if they're not an ex lover before. Maybe will check it this weekend lols.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I felt like the incoming future for him is transforming into Hulk 😂 This way at least JY will have better bodyguard spec lols. 

LOL, let's hope for the strength of Hulk, but not actually Hulk's appearance. xD

The 3 generations probably wanted different things. Grandpa probably wants a normal life with a pair of legs & old glory. Dad wants immortality, and he's the most suspicious and could be responsible for the bombing. PM does seem to take a liking to Ja Yu, but I also wonder if he was just trying to get her romantically, so in the end, all is his. I don't remember PM injecting himself with something. I just saw the camera emphasises on a medicine container falling out of his pocket.

Goal is the same but all different approaches. LOL!

I thought it's a bit sus that rather than staying in the HQ whilst Chae Woon is injured, she goes to his house and is worried about Mansik. LOL!! That's what the automatic feeding machine for. But yeah, yeah, I get the litter box bit. Cats can be spoiled and picky on the litter box.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Seems the three generation villain (?) are totally not align with each other.

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The 3 generations probably wanted different things. Grandpa probably wants a normal life with a pair of legs & old glory. Dad wants immortality, and he's the most suspicious and could be responsible for the bombing. PM does seem to take a liking to Ja Yu, but I also wonder if he was just trying to get her romantically, so in the end, all is his. I don't remember PM injecting himself with something. I just saw the camera emphasises on a medicine container falling out of his pocket.

I think that PM and grandpa are somewhat on the same team but dad has his own agenda. Dad being the ex SIL to grandpa is not on the best of terms with the old man. 

Yes, PM has a fondness for JaYu, not just admiration for her capabilities.

Interesting that her PA (legal advisor) is not in her most inner circle. Understandably, the less people know about BF's true capabilities the safer it would be. Those who are in the know are all the scientists & the tech guy. But I wonder if the PA feeling left out , would become a problem later.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Interesting that her PA (legal advisor) is not in her most inner circle. Understandably, the less people know about BF's true capabilities the safer it would be. Those who are in the know are all the scientists & the tech guy. But I wonder if the PA feeling left out , would become a problem later.

Yeah, I also think it'll be a problem. Like how that other bodyguard felt left-out. Maybe because she's "legal", so it was best that she doesn't know some of these technologies tap into legal issues. On the contrary, she might actually be even more furious because it's legal issues and she would not be prepared when it hit her. > <" Chicken and egg thing, but sometimes ignorant is really bliss. 

• Like 2
On 4/24/2024 at 5:43 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@peperomia are you going to check this out? It's the only drama that excite me at the moment. 

Hide contents

So behind with Nothing Uncovered lols. Actually I don't like the couple love story. It will be better if they're not an ex lover before. Maybe will check it this weekend lols.

@SilverMoonTea I do plan to watch this. I will not miss out Ju Ji Hoon. Just haven't had the chance to start yet, but I think I can this coming Sunday.

Spoiler

About Nothing Uncovered, I'm not against romance, but it's not executed well here. I don't like how it affects Tae Heon as a detective and crying like a baby. Mystery-wise, I thought this week's episodes were better. If you have time, I would give it another try. If you can't continue though, I totally understand. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea He really becomes Hulk!!! :lmao2:

Heyyyy, maybe PM is also sick, so seeking cure for his illness.

Why are we not surprised. This does open the technology to many possibilities but also abuse...I mean in the wrong hands, you can be creating super soldiers to conquer the world or to do your bidding. 

On one hand , I am not against the ability to grow new organs. I know first hand how crucial that is in saving lives . At the same time , there are so  many ethical issues that has to be looked into, regulations that has to be in place and also the potential of it being used for the wrong reasons need to be considered.

Spoiler

One of my close girlfriends had kidney failure in her 30s and it took her over a decade to finally go for transplant. She had hesitated because only her dad was the most suitable donor - she didn't want him to go through an operation since he was quite old. But after so many years of  dialysis - with so much damage to her veins etc, the doc said she had to. So finally she did it but there was so much concern about organ rejection etc. Thankfully it is okay though she still has to be very careful and take lots of meds/ drugs.  Imagine though if a technology like this is available, she wouldn't have to feel so conflicted. 

• Insightful 1
  • Sad 1

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I think the most important info is that shippers can rejoice since it has been revealed that he's supporting his niece ( sister's daughter). His sis is divorced and husband not responsible. Niece also has medical issues - so being a good brother he's helping the sis.  But TBH...the romance here between the leads is almost non-existent :laugh: ...accept for the fact that we know they both care for each other. 

The latest episodes suggests that it could be the PM who set his grandfather up in that bomb thing. Somewhat not surprising as well that Secretary Jeong has other motives and she's the PM's mole.  Anyway PM knows that BF has the sort of technology he wants but JY is not willing to comply with his requests of making it exclusive. JY is an idealist and she isn't doing this for the money. The money is a byproduct of her efforts but ultimately I feel she's an altruist at heart - clearly she wants this organ thing to work to save lives.

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM I'm not shipping them. It's clear there won't be romance in the drama. Maybe S2, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough to have an S2. 

I'm actually confused who sent who now. Secretary Jeong was first shown in contact with Seonu Geun (father), not Seonu Jae (PM) or Lee Mun Gyu. But she was the one who puts Woo Chae Woon in the bodyguard list. So are the 3 generations in cahoot together OR Seonu Jae is that link between Seonu Geun and Lee Mun Gyu. As in, heyyy, since both Dad and Grandpa are aftering BF like I do, I'll just play both sides and get what I want in the process of it!

So since Lee Mun Gyu recruited Chae Woon, PM tells Daddy and Daddy gets his spy to connect him to BF.

I think whatever it is, I'm losing interest. It's so far-fetched too that she's gonna change all her organs. Shouldn't one be good enough? Though, I don't think this would happen at the end.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
On 5/2/2024 at 9:51 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea I think the most important info is that shippers can rejoice since it has been revealed that he's supporting his niece ( sister's daughter). His sis is divorced and husband not responsible. Niece also has medical issues - so being a good brother he's helping the sis.  But TBH...the romance here between the leads is almost non-existent :laugh: ...accept for the fact that we know they both care for each other. 

Actually I felt this more romantic then the normal romance drama 😂 And don't tell me the writer intention is pure and not romantic. Cos why did she make it so mysterious about his marital status, only to disclosed it later when she's semi hiding and was eavesdropping the convo 😂🫢

I love this edit, it is so nice. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And don't tell me the writer intention is pure and not romantic. Cos why did she make it so mysterious about his marital status, only to disclosed it later when she's semi hiding and was eavesdropping the convo 😂🫢

It is intentional. Even Han Hyo Joo in an interview said that the conversations will make you wonder if something romantic will happen. 

• Haha 2