Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 [2022]

abs-oluteM

New-Korean-Dramas-2021-19.jpgI have been waiting for Daniel Choi to return to the silver screen after a two-year hiatus ( his last show  was The Ghost Detective).  So I was very  pleased to find out  that he's decided on this drama- which promises to be a sweet romantic slice of life ( or so I hope). Kim Hyang Gi ,who was fantastic in the movie Innocent Witness and well-known for her role in Along With The Gods movie franchises ,will come on board as the female lead alongside Oh Yoon Ah who was last seen in hit KBS weekender - Once Again. What makes it more exciting is that this is written by  Park Yeon Sun who wrote both seasons of the cult hit Age of Youth and The Diary of a Prosecutor ( which I liked a lot).

Anyway here's a drama synopsis from Asian Wiki / Naver:

Set at hair salon Fly High, Butterfly and follows the workers there. Gi-Bbeum is in her early 20's and works at Fly High, Butterfly as an assistant intern. She works with three other assistant interns: Moo-Yeol, Teacher Woo and Soo-Ri. Gi-Bbeum works hard, but she has a hard time dealing with customers. Gwang-Soo is a hair stylist at Fly High Butterfly. He is enthusiastic at his job and he works with hair salon director Michel and hair stylist Jen.

Director: Kim Da-Ye, Kim Bo-Kyeong

Writer: Park Yeon-Sun

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Release Date: 4 May, 2021 --

Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:30

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

e5b2e2bd72c142b79c6b6b951166abcd.jpeg?s=

Kim Hyang Gi In Talks To Star In Upcoming JTBC Drama

TV/FILM

May 26, 2020

by J. Lim

We may be seeing Kim Hyang Gi in a new drama soon!

On May 26, it was reported that Kim Hyang Gi would be appearing in the new JTBC drama “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). A source from JTBC stated, “We are currently planning to air a new drama called ‘Fly, Butterfly’ in the second half of 2020. It is true that we have sent an offer to Kim Hyang Gi to appear in the drama.”

A source from Kim Hyang Gi’s agency Namoo Actors also stated, “Kim Hyang Gi has received an offer for the drama and is currently looking over the role.”

“Fly, Butterfly” is set to be a drama that follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung. If Kim Hyang Gi accepts the role, this will be her first drama since last year’s hit JTBC drama “Moments of 18.”

Stay tuned for more updates and while you wait, check out Kim Hyang Gi in “Moments of 18” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1402714wpp/kim-hyang-gi-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=13549pr

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

bf0231ba02f54485ad76deabd4febc51.jpeg?s=

Oh Yoon Ah And Choi Daniel Receive Offers To Join JTBC Drama Kim Hyang Gi Is In Talks For

TV/FILM

Aug 5, 2020

by L. Kim

Oh Yoon Ah, Choi Daniel and Kim Hyang Gi may be working together in a new drama!

Previously, it was announced that Kim Hyang Gi received an offer to star in JTBC’s “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). The drama follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung.

On August 5, an industry representative reported that Oh Yoon Ah and Choi Daniel have been cast in the drama as well.

In response to the report, Oh Yoon Ah’s agency Polaris Entertainment commented, “Oh Yoon Ah has been offered a role in the new drama ‘Fly Butterfly’ and is currently reviewing it.”

Choi Daniel’s agency J,WIDE-Company also responded, “He received the offer and is reviewing it.”

If Oh Yoon Ah chooses to accept the offer, she will take the role of Mi Sel, the director of the three-month-old beauty salon Fly, Butterfly and a hair designer with 17 years of experience. On the other hand, details about Choi Daniel’s potential character have not been given yet.

“Fly, Butterfly” will air in the first half of next year.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417227wpp/oh-yoon-ah-and-choi-daniel-receive-offers-to-join-jtbc-drama-kim-hyang-gi-is-in-talks-for?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=16262pr

14 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @abs-oluteM & @Tofu chingus, I really don't know if this drama is romantic! There is no romance tag mentioned anywhere. Romantic or not, I am all in for Daniel. He knows the best for him. And the drama synopsis from Asian Wiki looks more like a character description so hope we have more info about the plot soon.  

:heart:

Omo...no romance ? I  will watch it anyway. Shame though...I have been waiting so long for him to be in a romantic drama :D

• Like 1

Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, And More Cast In New Drama

Sep 25, 2020

by C. Hong

676f900ddbbc49c784454bfd5789b082.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Fly Butterfly” (working title) has announced its principal cast!

“Fly Butterfly” is about the world of aspiring hair designers who work at a hair salon that promises to transform customers into beautiful “butterflies.” It is the next project from writer Park Yeon Sun, whose last work was JTBC’s “Age of Youth.” The drama will center around people who learn to love themselves in a world where hairstyle is said to make up 90 percent of someone’s physical image.

The cast includes Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yoo, and Kim Ka Hee.

Kim Hyang Gi has been cast as Gi Bbeum (literally “joy” in Korean), an intern at the hair salon. Park Jung Woo has been cast as Moo Yeol, the youngest of the four interns. Moon Tae Yoo will play the quiet and taciturn intern known as Teacher Woo, and Kim Ka Hee will play a friendly and optimistic intern named Soo Ri.

Choi Daniel has been cast as a hair designer named Kwang Soo. Oh Yoon Ah will play Michelle, the director of the hair salon. Shim Eun Woo has been cast as another hair designer named Jen.

A source from the drama stated, “This is the first time that a Korean drama has tackled the world of hair salons and their employees as a place of work. With this cast in hand, we intend to greet viewers sometime in 2021. It will be a humane story in the style of writer Park Yeon Sun, who is known for creating intensely relatable and unique emotions.”

“Fly Butterfly” will be jointly directed by Kim Da Ye (“Hello Dracula”) and Kim Bo Kyung (“The Wind Blows,” “Mystic Pop-Up Bar”).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427583wpp/kim-hyang-gi-choi-daniel-oh-yoon-ah-shim-eun-woo-and-more-cast-in-new-drama

Kim Hyang Gi & Choi Daniel To Lead New jTBC Drama About Hair Designers

By abbyinhallyuland | September 25, 2020

fly-high-butterfly-lead-cast-kdramadiary

ENTERING THE WORLD OF HAIR DRESSERS IS THE NEXT CONCEPT TO BE FEATURED BY JTBC IN ITS NEWLY-ANNOUNCED DRAMA!

Titled, 날아올라라 나비 Fly High, Butterfly(LT), the new drama stars Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, and Oh Yoon Ah. Rounding up the confirmed cast are Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yu and Kim Ga Hee.

Produced by G&G Production and JTBC Studio, Fly High, Butterfly tells the story of hair designers and interns. They brightly transform the customers into “butterflies” in a beauty salon.

In charge of the production is director Park Yeon Sun who is lauded for her work in the two seasons of Hello, My Twenties and iconic melodrama Alone in Love. Penning the script is writer Kim Da Ye.

FLY HIGH, BUTTERFLY INTERNS

Spoiler

fly-high-butterfly-a.jpg

Notching one of the four key intern roles of Fly High, Butterfly is young actress Kim Hyang Gi, who has been recognized for her unrivaled character immersion in both small and big screens. She takes the character named Joy, the best intern. Portraying youngest intern Moo-yeol is Park Jung Woo. The actor has swept women’s hearts in his recent stint in web drama, Love Playlist.

Moon Tae Yu, who recently appeared in well-loved series Hospital Playlist, takes the role of quiet senior intern, Oh Son-saeng. Lastly, Kim Ga Hee takes the role of friendly and optimistic intern, Suri.

FLY, HIGH BUTTERFLY PROFESSIONAL HAIR DESIGNERS

Spoiler

fly-high-butterfly.jpg

Next, the three professional hair designers, who take charge of the beauty salon “fly high butterfly” and lead the flight of interns are as follows.

Daniel Choi, who crosses genres such as comedy, melodrama, and thriller, returns to television drama after three years in the role of Kwang-soo. He is a designer who values professional opinions.

The role of’ Jen, a designer who came out of engineering college, will be played by Shim Eun Woo, who proved infinite possibilities through the drama, The World of the Married.

Lastly, Oh Yoon Ah plays the role of Michelle as the director of the hair salon. 

Fly High, Butterfly is expected to air on JTBC in the first half of 2021.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/kim-hyang-gi-choi-daniel-to-lead-new-jtbc-drama-about-hair-designers/

Another casting news

280045_274528_1429.jpg

Actor Yoo In-soo announced through his agency on the 7th that he will appear in'fly up, butterfly'.

JTBC's new drama'Fly Up Butterfly' is a work dealing with the story of a hair designer and an intern who brightly transforms customers into'butterfly' in the beauty salon'fly up butterfly'.

Yoo In-soo debuted as Kang-gu, a bad boy harassing Park Bo-young in JTBC's'Strong Girl Do Bong-soon', and then'School 2017','Buam-dong Avengers','My ID is Gangnam Beauty','Gyeryong Fairy', '18 Moments. ','Chocolate', etc., through a number of works, she has given her unrivaled suction power with her unique acting.

On the other hand, Yoo In-soo is looking forward to seeing what kind of activities he will show in Netflix's 'Now Our School' and JTBC's 'Fly Up, Butterfly'.
http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=280045

• Like 1

[Kim Hyang Gi & Fly High,Butterfly Support]

"Hello, melangdan, everyone, the actor Hyang Gi has started the new drama, first shooting!  I want to be a cold winter power, so l'm going to support coffee tea!  I'l give you a detailed notice of support this weekend."

2 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

It's a good thing that I saved all the pics in my pc, chingu!  Oh Yoon Ah deleted all traces of Fly High, Butterfly on her instagram. The production team is too careful not to reveal anything about the drama yet. Even no fan activities on social media regarding the filming of drama. 😭

Oh really . Ahh so they wanna keep everything as a surprise then.  Have to say the set is very pretty 

• Like 1

A video is out! The cast is climbing down the stairs from the hair salon. 

With this video released, Choi Daniel's fans wonder whether he is not happy on the filming set. He doesn't smile. And he looks less energetic than in his previous dramas. The cast still has 2.5 months to complete filming. So let's wish Daniel good luck, guys! 🖤

Finally, the drama set has been installed! The cinematography is very beautiful & neat! :hearties:

129813687_2700855630225966_4140964358106

And look who this is... Daniel is so dashing in black on the drama set on November 5! They are demonstrating Kim Hyang Gi cutting her hair bangs.

EmCBS1eU8AMSQ6N?format=jpg&name=large

7 dramas that you must watch in the first half of 2021

10 Dec 20 | 11:20

All genres exist!

For KDrama lovers, entering a new year is the same as entering a new page containing a series of drama titles that will air at the beginning of the new year. Apart from unique ideas and interesting storylines, the excellence of each player's acting also gives him his own edge in Korean dramas. At the beginning of 2021, there will be many KDrama titles ready to accompany your new year.

Are you curious about the title? Come on, see the article!

1. Fly High, Butterfly

tgekhyg-d42c89911329cc88659131fa9eeaf52f

Fly High, Butterfly is JTBC's latest drama, directed by Kim Da Ye. This drama will highlight the various stories of workers in a salon, as well as how they love and accept themselves for who they are. Written by Park Yeon Sun, this drama contains various implied messages that will change the way you view life.

Plus, Fly High, Butterfly is the first Korean drama to tell a story based on life in a salon. Kim Hyang Gi will make a comeback and compete in roles with Choi Daniel and Oh Yoon Ah. Are you sure you're not curious?

[RUMOR] Drama Schedule 2021 from Studio YG Plex (20201217)

JTBC Mon-Tue

1/11 #SunbaeDon'tPutonThatLipstick WonJinA RoWoon

3/8 #MonthlyHome JungSoMin KimJiSuk

5/3 #FlyHighButterfly KimHyangGi ChoiDaniel

6/28 #APersonSimilarToYou KimHyunJung ShinHyunBeen

131319876_2706458219665707_8181322359499

But wikipedia indicates that Sunbae Don't Put on That Lipstick is scheduled to air on 1/18 so the final results would be as follows:

JTBC Mon-Tue

1/18 #SunbaeDon'tPutonThatLipstick WonJinA RoWoon

3/15 #MonthlyHome JungSoMin KimJiSuk

5/10 #FlyHighButterfly KimHyangGi ChoiDaniel

7/5 #APersonSimilarToYou KimHyunJung ShinHyunBeen

Credit : twitter

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @abs-oluteM & @Tofu chingus, do you think that villains would be involved in this drama?! I don't think so because it's a slice of a life drama. And it's hard for me to imagine any climax at the end of the series as well. But what's there in a Korean drama without a climax?! Who knows?! Looking forward for more info! The writer already has a good influence in the public so I am keeping high expectations for this drama. After all, it's Daniel's come back in 3 years of hiatus.❤️ Can't wait to see the handsome hunk on-screen again!

I don't forsee any villains in makjang or crime drama sort of way. But there will definitely be annoying and selfish characters that we have to deal with

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, gm4queen said:

Dear @abs-oluteM & @Tofu chingus, do you think that villains would be involved in this drama?! I don't think so because it's a slice of a life drama. And it's hard for me to imagine any climax at the end of the series as well. But what's there in a Korean drama without a climax?! Who knows?! Looking forward for more info! The writer already has a good influence in the public so I am keeping high expectations for this drama. After all, it's Daniel's come back in 3 years of hiatus.❤️ Can't wait to see the handsome hunk on-screen again!

I feel like there will be something bad happening but I'm hoping that it's nothing too extreme. I don't think I can deal with anything crazy at this time. :cry:

• Sad 1

Park Jung Woo joins “Fly up, Butterfly” “Keep the original spirit” [Pictorial]

2020-12-23 15:24:00

104610988.1.jpg

Park Jung-woo, who is an introverted personality, but does not hesitate to take on new challenges for a wider acting spectrum, said, “It is very different from the person named Park Jung-woo in nature,” about the ‘heatlessness’ of the drama “Fly Up, Butterfly” to be aired next year. Since he is a different person at all, I searched and studied more. “I am growing my head with a different image from Park Jung-woo for the degree of immersion in the role of the play.” In particular, “I always pledge to become a person who does not lose my original intention, looking at the Gangbyeonbuk-ro on the way home from work. I will be the person who is no different from the first time,” he said with confidence in his pure heart toward acting.

In the meantime, Park Jung-woo, who clearly took the eye as a major actor through the 'Love Playlist', is cast as the youngest intern of the beauty salon in 'Fly Up, Butterfly', raising the expectations of fans who have been waiting for the next work. ‘Flying Butterfly’ is a story of hair designers who make people dazzlingly transformed, and will be aired on JTBC in the first half of next year.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20201223/104611005/1