Director: Song Min Yeop

Writer: Lee Kang

Episodes: 6

Schedule: 12 Mar 2021

Official website:

Other reference: Naver | Official IG | NamuWiki | AsianWiki |

Season 1-2: Netflix

Plot Summary of Love Alarm Season 1

Cellphone app Joalarm is created. If someone likes you and they are within 10 meters of you, the alarm for the app rings. The app also shows how many people like you, but the app doesn't reveal specific details on who likes you.

Kim Jo-Jo (Kim So-Hyun) is a high school student. She is pretty and smart. She seems like cheerful person, but her parents died when she was young. Since the death of her parents, Kim Jo-Jo has lived with aunt's family. Living there is not easy for Kim Jo-Jo. She doesn't download the app Joalarm.

Meanwhile, Hwang Sun-Oh is a popular male student at the same high school where Kim Jo-Jo attends. He is the son of a wealthy family, but he is not loved by his parents. His best friend Lee Hye-Young also attends the same high school. Hwang Sun-Oh notices that his best friend Lee Hye-Young likes Kim Jo-Jo. Hwang Sun-Oh wants to know if his friend really likes her, so he kisses her. (source: AsianWiki)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

2020.02.24 News: “Love Alarm” Cast Reunites For First Script Reading Of 2nd Season

0716cd9add5349ce923ce20348c4f076.jpeg?s=

“Love Alarm” is gearing up for its next season!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The first season began the story of Kim Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun), Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang), and Lee Hye Yeong (Jung Ga Ram) as they face a world in which people can only express their love through the app.

On February 21, Kim So Hyun, Song Kang, and Jung Ga Ram gathered for a script reading session ahead of filming for the second season.

love-alarm-2.jpeglove-alarm-1.jpeg

Spoiler

love-alarm.jpeg

Although they were meeting for the first time in awhile, the actors showed friendly chemistry and were all smiles as they immersed back into their characters.

Stay tuned for updates on the new season!

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[News] Song Kang, Kim So Hyun, And Jung Ga Ram Tease An Unpredictable Romance In “Love Alarm” Season 2 Posters

Eu4aCqAVEAAdh_r?format=jpg&name=900x900

“Love Alarm” is gearing up for its highly-anticipated second season!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The first season told the story of Kim Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun), Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang), and Lee Hye Yeong (Jung Ga Ram) as they faced a world in which people can only express their love through the app.

Season two begins four years later when the app has gained a new feature that provides a list of “people who you’ll like” and “people who’ll like you.” The new posters for season two depict the five main characters and their desires to know their true feelings for each other.

Kim Jo Jo, who is unable to convey her feelings because of a feature that blocks others’ alarms from ringing, has the text, “I confessed for the first time,” raising questions about who she has feelings for. Lee Hye Young, who has no responses from the app, has the quote, “I don’t care even if that thing doesn’t ring,” hinting at his growing feelings for Kim Jo Jo. Hwang Sun Oh’s poster features the text, “I’ll only trust your eyes from now on,” revealing his feelings for Kim Jo Jo, who is trying to distance herself from him. The three posters preview a tense love triangle in the upcoming season.

Park Gul Mi (Go Min Si), who is trying to enter the Badge Club, looks surprised to hear the love alarm go off in an unexpected situation. Her quote asks, “Right now? Why? At what point?” Lee Yook Jo (Kim Si Eun), who is dating Hwang Sun Oh but knows he still has feelings for Kim Jo Jo, has the quote, “I know that feeling. How do you win over that burning feeling…”

Furthermore, the posters feature different wavelength forms depending on the character. Kim Jo Jo alone has a unique shape, while Hwang Sun Oh’s and Park Gul Mi’s alarms fluctuate. With Lee Hye Young’s and Lee Yook Jo’s alarms ringing out, viewers are curious to see how the five characters’ relationships will play out. The new season will continue to portray the deepening love triangle and the diverse shapes that love comes in, highlighting how the world has changed through the new alarm system.

“Love Alarm” season 2 will premiere on March 12 via Netflix.

source

23 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Song Kang is a busy person...but my one question for this drama is, is he the second lead? :pandathink:

:jiminbtssigh: That's everybody's question since S1. It's because in the webtoon (so I've read of the comments I've come across) his character is the second lead and Hye Yeong is male lead, which is why we now see in S2, Jojo is with him. BUT, as we know Song Kang is more established actor now so I'm holding on to a twist. :pandablind: I'm totally going to cheat & check the ending first, LOLLLL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2021.03.08 Press Conference

Spoiler

Ev7XeHMVEAUKDu2?format=jpg&name=largeEv7Xe8nUUAI9NVq?format=jpg&name=large

Woah, I love Kim So Hyun's dress here @Tofu @abs-oluteM

Ev7cADZVcAU0zX4?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ok, if Song Kang is second lead, I will only watch his clips and comment so you won't be alone in this thread.

Honestly though, just looking at the press con, I'm pretty sure the endgame is Song Kang!!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1