Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 Season 1 [2021] + Season 2 [2022]

Jane

FBtDmFyUYAMayX3?format=jpg&name=large

FBtDmFwVQAUq8K_?format=jpg&name=large

Sae Yi getting in between them... ugh. Why does this actress always take on a role like this? Last time was Brahms!

@NiteWalker Going by the webtoon, Bobby is the 3rd boyfriend (counting from that cheating ex). He isn't the final one either.

@ktcjdrama @NiteWalker I quite like the chinese translation for Lustsaurus. They called him 嘿咻暴龍

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Sae Yi getting in between them... ugh. Why does this actress always take on a role like this? Last time was Brahms!

sigh.........honestly i hate this kind of woman / man.....cant they get their own partner? must be always other partner looks to best for them???

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Going by the webtoon, Bobby is the 3rd boyfriend (counting from that cheating ex). He isn't the final one either.

is the webtoon about Yumi's strings of bf???!!!

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama @NiteWalker I quite like the chinese translation for Lustsaurus. They called him 嘿咻暴龍

why nickname him as such? because he seems to be trigger by Yumi all the times? lols

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

sigh.........honestly i hate this kind of woman / man.....cant they get their own partner? must be always other partner looks to best for them?

I think for Sae Yi, she had always liked Woong. She was at first content that of their current relationship (and I also think she likes playing hard to get). Plus she wasn't into marriage but deep down somewhere, she thought if she had to marry a man, it'd be Woong. Yumi poses a threat to her so now she's activated to break them up.

3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

is the webtoon about Yumi's strings of bf???!!

Hahaha no. It's about Yumi's CELLS! Are you watching it? Watch it. The cells are so fun!

4 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

why nickname him as such? because he seems to be trigger by Yumi all the times? lols

Because Lustsaurus is Woong's Lust cell and is represented to be a dinosaur (for obvious reason, you know, men and sex... lol). Yumi has one too which I think the name varies - originally should just be called "naughty cell" but here it is translated to "lust cell".

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think for Sae Yi, she had always liked Woong. She was at first content that of their current relationship (and I also think she likes playing hard to get). Plus she wasn't into marriage but deep down somewhere, she thought if she had to marry a man, it'd be Woong. Yumi poses a threat to her so now she's activated to break them up.

sigh.......well then its really in Woong....he had to know how to draw a lines in between himself and SaeYi.....he had fallen to be a scumbag in my eyes if he let SaeYi hook onto him just because they knows each other longer.... :/ 

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha no. It's about Yumi's CELLS! Are you watching it? Watch it. The cells are so fun!

im enjoying clips of it to be honest....lols...and of course those toon are cute whenever they fight against each other thought and how they blame each other for each behavior outcome lols

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Because Lustsaurus is Woong's Lust cell and is represented to be a dinosaur (for obvious reason, you know, men and sex... lol). Yumi has one too which I think the name varies - originally should just be called "naughty cell" but here it is translated to "lust cell".

guess as much lols

• Like 2

@NiteWalker The clips don't show every single cells' scenes so highly recommend you to watch the episodes in full. You can FF through episode 1-2 but 3 onwards the cells are so enjoyable to watch! I look forward each week to introduction of new cells xD You're a manga reader, you'll definitely like the cells scenes.

Agree Woong has to draw the line now. The thing is he isn't the one crossing the line at all with Sae Yi. He doesn't even flirt with Sae Yi. It's not very clearly shown in the drama whether Woong actually knows Sae Yi likes him. There's one scene his cells did activated the "act dumb" and "I hear nothing - bear mode". That to me, actually means he does know Sae Yi likes him and he's just pretend to not know. But then most of the time it almost felt like he's slow on the uptake (because Sae Yi is very good at acting cool and like she's not interested) or just being a guy you know... thinks best not to do anything. What do you think @ktcjdrama? Because the show focused more on Yumi so Woong's backstory with Sae Yi is not as well-explored.

@ktcjdrama The lust cells are definitely cute but I am only very fond of the Hunger cell (maybe because he's like me LOL love food)... and then there's the Poop cell... just so cute with the 💩 on top of their heads hahaha. They all have their own distinctive personalities it's so fun.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The lust cells are definitely cute but I am only very fond of the Hunger cell (maybe because he's like me LOL love food)... and then there's the Poop cell... just so cute with the 💩 on top of their heads hahaha. They all have their own distinctive personalities it's so fun.

Each cell is fun to watch in their own way, but Yumi’s Naughty Cell is the one that made me laughed out loud whenever he made appearances :laugh: I can rewatch so many times and still laugh so much. 

As for Woong and Sae Yi, I think he does know about her trying to get close to him, thus the dumb bear mode, but have to rewatch earlier episodes to be sure what happened between them before. Can’t be bothered though. I don’t wish to see more of Sae Yi than necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Each cell is fun to watch in their own way, but Yumi’s Naughty Cell is the one that made me laughed out loud whenever he made appearances :laugh: I can rewatch so many times and still laugh so much. 

As for Woong and Sae Yi, I think he does know about her trying to get close to him, thus the dumb bear mode, but have to rewatch earlier episodes to be sure what happened between them before. Can’t be bothered though. I don’t wish to see more of Sae Yi than necessary.

Saw a cut on weibo. Woong got rid of Sae Yi. He tells her he knows she doesn't want him but can't bear to see someone have him. He was acting ignorant because it didn't matter then but now it does.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Less than 3 minutes in and I’m feeling so sad already for the impending heartbreak of Yumi. Then the OST playing also so softly in the background :cry: Be strong my heart...

~ ~ ~ ~
Finished the episode. It’s a good one actually. The issue about Sae Yi was resolved, but I could see where it might be heading now, if still following the webtoon. In spoiler:

Spoiler

Woong told Sae Yi what he thought about her and made her promise to “behave” otherwise he won’t be able to continue working with her. Sae Yi chose to leave their company/partnership, leaving only Woong and Louie to continue the work. They’re feeling overwhelmed and not a replacement found yet. So about Woong’s company facing a crisis in webtoon, this should become it. 

It’s a good episode because some things went not as I expected. I admit I was watching the whole episode anticipating their breakup, but at least until the end of this episode, they’re still together. Bonny made an appearance towards the end. 

I will be back with more thoughts. 

@NiteWalker Woong redeemed himself later on. And tbh, I can understand his defense and reaction about the whole Sae Yi issue. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

My emotion was slightly affected in the beginning of episode 9. I nearly teared up when Kim Go Eun delivered her lines and breaking down in tears after Woong said she was being sensitive. I can see why/how upset Yumi. I also understand why Woong did what he did, and truthfully, it is such a guy thing to do as well.

It was good that Yumi went to confront Sae Yi. And I was happy to see Yumi's priority list changed at that moment. It's what I had wanted her to do too.

Looks like next week she decided to transfer to marketing team. The marketing department looks so bright, unlike her current area which is more gloomy looking. Even Yumi wearing light colours makes her look more energetic...?

Looks like Woong's business is in trouble so much so that he moved out to save money, and Yumi let him stay with her. Still can't tell if he's the endgame. LOL. But I cannot believe the beard has made a return! This means the relationship has become complacent! The guy is starting to get lazy, lol.

• Haha 1

So here are my thoughts for ep. 9-10

Ep. 9

- Woong's reasoning for not telling Yumi ~ I can see where he's coming from. Not that I agree with him about not telling her, because it's only a matter of now or later, but his worry about Yumi being sensitive about it is valid. Some viewers (like all the cells, even Reason, haha) aren't happy about calling Yumi sensitive, but let's admit it, girls are usually like that. What Yumi is telling him about Sae Yi is valid too. They need to have more heart-to-heart talk when things are calm and not in reaction to an incident while emotions are heating up. Woong really did try to talk Sae Yi out of moving to his building, but Yumi doesn't know that.

- Okay, 24-hours is too short for cooling off time. Perhaps even a week is too short...

- Gosh, I really can't stand Sae Yi and all her manipulative gaslighting way. Venomous snake. I love what Woong said, "You become close because you can understand them. Just because you're close, doesn't mean you have to understand everything" and when he unexpectedly said he was thinking of their relationship as he said that. Not about Yumi.

- One of the unexpected things for me was the flash-forward of Yumi's life and then back to the present. I actually wouldn't mind so much if after breaking up with Woong, Yumi had that kind of happiness and sense of freedom as shown in the flash-forward. I really had thought that's what had happened in story, but then we are brought back to the present and Yumi decided to face the conflict head-on. I cheered for her. I was fist-pumping when Yumi gave it to Sae Yi, and naturally felt deflated when Woong kept stopping Yumi. Is that the end? Well, if he's not going to make a stand protecting the relationship, then he's not worth it. And I agree with the issuance of Break Up Card. I too think that Yumi's self should always be the first priority. Only when you know how to love yourself that you can love other people. So I love it when her priorities are reset and her self is at number one. 

- Thumbs up and fist pumping for Yumi giving Woong warning about what kind of a person Sae Yi is. That she is not a good colleague, nor is she a friend worth defending. That Sae Yi will go into this stealthy destroying mode again whenever Woong meet someone he cared about.

- I really thought that was the end since we dived into a new chapter. I didn't mind already, because Woong did not help defend the relationship. But again, the unexpected happened. Turned out that he did go after Yumi that day. The hug in the elevator gave me goosebumps and I teared (sidenote: Woong looks like such great hugging machine! ). He also took if further and make it clear with Sae Yi about their friendship. About time, dude. But better late than never, also because Yumi learned a lesson and rearranged her priorities in life. After that we see sweet dating stuff between them. And I let out a sigh of relief. 

Ep. 10

- The aegyo lessons with Ruby are cringey... ewww... But I laughed and laughed at the failed attempt to not-open the cola bottle. Oh please, what aegyo that works with one person may not work with another. It's important to know which buttons to push and which not to push. 

- Part 28 about compliment is a bit boring for me, haha... 

- The next part about Courage is good though. So real in how we try to find courage from people around us. Woong's advice was not totally invalid. It's just how he is, probably not a risk-taker and a person who prefers stability over change and challenges. Yet, it's true that the things people close to us say will affect us so much. It's always nice to get a vote of confidence though. And when all else fails and you ran out of all stocks of courage and confidence, a dose of endorphin is what we all need! O gosh, it's too cute to see a concert by Endorphin who gave every cells the renewed energy and lifted their spirits high again. I just love it!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Ruby's aegyo feels so fake. I hope no one actually does it to that level. It felt like it was exaggerated for dramatic purposes rather than realistic.

Yeah, I think it was being exaggerated for comical effect too... I admire those around her who can hold their laughters in as she acted out those aegyos :lmao2: I am sure those scenes have a lot of takes.

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

:nervous: Oh no... looks like the break up is going to happen next week :cry:

Given what had happened (or what's going to happen as per the preview), I can understand Yumi's hesitation to continue the relationship, and would rather put an end to it. I guess if I were her, I would do the same. Woong is still keeping her at arm's length for certain things, especially of not being open about what's in his mind. He is still a solo flyer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif