Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 Season 1 [2021] + Season 2 [2022]

Jane

Dang I was hoping Woong would ask to get back together with Yumi. I thought Yumi became his first position and him getting the offer of opportunity means he has changed his mind. I was bawling my eyes out in that breaking up scene of Love cell vs Pride cell. The inner struggle inside Yumi was, I think, very relatable and well presented.

Gosh. How will this play out now in S2? Will Park Jin Young now be elevated to male lead or the male lead remain as Woong? I was ready for Woong to be the end game for Yumi in the drama version but I honestly also don't mind Bobby too (if the show doesn't follow the webtoon Bobby version).

Curious... can a person's Prime cell change?

Forgot to say I thought the bit of Yumi's Stomach Cells partitioning her stomach to be able to fill in main course, desserts round 1 and round 2 so funny and cute xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Dang I was hoping Woong would ask to get back together with Yumi. I thought Yumi became his first position and him getting the offer of opportunity means he has changed his mind. I was bawling my eyes out in that breaking up scene of Love cell vs Pride cell. The inner struggle inside Yumi was, I think, very relatable and well presented.

I agree with you about it being relatable. I was also tearing when earlier Love Cell couldn't throw out the card and instead asked for time. Those streams of tears on her face... :pandasad: 

I appreciate that the break-up is done well and in a natural way that I was ready to accept it. The ending does make the point again (and made it well) that the only main character in this story is Yumi. And yes, I was hoping that Woong would ask to get back together, but I guess he wants to focus on his work now. I have to admit it made me rather upset at him though, because it gave me the impression that he became ready to move on because things are going well for him. There's a bigger motivation/drive in his life, so sayonara love. Even though it's good that he decided not to give Yumi any false hope. You know, initially I thought he might have to go somewhere far due to his new project, thus asking for the break up.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Will Park Jin Young now be elevated to male lead or the male lead remain as Woong? I was ready for Woong to be the end game for Yumi in the drama version but I honestly also don't mind Bobby too (if the show doesn't follow the webtoon Bobby version).

I doubt Woong would come back again into the picture...? It's now whether we will be introduced to another new ML or not. If there's no news of any new actor being cast, then Bobby might be the end game. There has been speculations (suggestions?) of the actors, but I still can't see any of them as Shin, haha... Tbh, I haven't warmed up to Bobby yet, despite Jin Young. Not sure why, just feel that there's something this guy is keeping. Not really someone I want to get to know more or get close to. I've never felt curious about him... or maybe because the presence of Woong has been too strong all this while, haha...

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama The actress playing Sae Yi mentioned in her farewell video that she'll be back in S2 for a bit, so I also expect Woong to appear (even if just cameo) since in the webtoon, after Woong became successful, he wanted to reconcile with Yumi.

I reckon they just want to keep it a secret of Yumi's last man. Hahaha. I don't know it just feels that way! Bobby is still not fully delve into yet which I think the show is keeping it til S2. Bobby's Prime cell is Detective cell so it means he's a more observant style so would say/do things more cautiously than Woong.

I think we're accustomed to Woong being the male lead and wanted Yumi to end with him. However since this is a seasonal dramas, it falls outside of the traditional convention of kdramas. Like you, I was totally OK too if Woong is the end game, LOL. He has his flaws but he's not a bad person to be with, so I totally get why Yumi's cells are all so upset :(

• Insightful 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Actress Shin Ye Eun will be appearing in the second season of “Yumi’s Cells”!

On November 27, Xportsnews reported that Shin Ye Eun had been cast as Yoo Da Eun in the upcoming second season of “Yumi’s Cells.” Her agency, npio Entertainment, confirmed, “Shin Ye Eun will be making a special appearance as Da Eun in the second season of ‘Yumi’s Cells.'”

The character Yoo Da Eun is a part-time employee at the tteokbokki (spicy rice cake) restaurant that Yoo Babi (GOT7’s Jinyoung) runs. She is described as a character who easily falls head over heels in love.

In the first season of “Yumi’s Cells,” SHINee’s Minho‘s appearance as Chae Woo Gi was also described as a “special appearance,” though he appeared in several episodes.

The second season of “Yumi’s Cells” is expected to air in the first half of 2022.

source: Soompi

===

LOL, @ktcjdrama she'll play Yoo Babi's love interest based on webtoon, and funnily she's his co-star from He is Psychometric.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished the first two episodes and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm starting to think I'm a sucker for awkward moments between a couple-to-be. :pandascared: But the feels were so good between Babi and Yumi of their "current" state. The guy confesses, but he got rejected and yet tried to remain calm and the same as before in front of the woman he likes. The woman who was too heartbroken before with her breakup and never sees him as a potential, starts to develop feelings but doesn't know how to act.

When Babi senses the bus ride was too uncomfortable. He gets off. The feeeeels.

Babi seems to want to get over Yumi in the next episode by agreeing to a blind date. When Yumi asked him, he didn't deny it either and walks away from her. The feeeeeels.

Rewinding back to episode 1, I do wish we see more Woong and how he and his cells were doing. Was he as heartbroken as Yumi and her cells? Why didn't he answer her call or call her back? Why was he so deadset about breaking up with Yumi?

On the other hand, I'm also looking forward to Yumi's new relationship with Babi.

• Party! 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I didn’t know season 2 has started!! 🥳 Will go watch now. So happy that we get to see the cute cells again. Any news whether there will be a season 3? 

Looks like you'll be my only Yumi's Cells buddy again. LOL. I didn't pay much attention on the news for this so no, I didn't come across any mention of season 3.

BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1