@Chocolate Son Seok Ku is a good guy in S2.

Episode 5 is where it got interesting for me because it was Jun Ho's turn to desert, although not to run away from bullying or anything but wanting to expose the truth. This drama is like the perfect set where you can curse your hearts out. There were so much swearing, especially Gu Kyung Pyo. LOL.

The other actors from their individual stories

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I have watched eps 1 and 2 , and like the previous season my heart hurts seeing all the bullying. The deserter who shot some soldiers  is a product of a systemic bullying within the army , and I would say within their  culture. I really hope by the end of this, something positive can be done to address this knowing how real this is.

I was expecting Ji Jin Hee's character to be a villain - have to say it's interesting to see him play a character like this since he's always played the nice guy in most of his previous roles. He's the sort of villain I hate the most - the two faced ones. Won't be surprised if he'll enter politics later on. What did surprise me was that SSK's character was married to someone in the army. We knew he was married but didn't expect that Seo Eun would be his ex-wife. LOL. What do you all think of her character? 

Anyway, I was wondering if Han was actually pretending not to speak but he genuinely couldn't. He's definitely having PTSD.  I am glad though that he and Jun Ho are back in partnership. Also I enjoy seeing Capt Lim (SSK) and Park Bum Goo working closely. Who knew they'd be the ones to provide some comedic relief :D This season, all four have seem to recognise the issues within the army and I am assuming they will not sweep things under the carpet. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm done! Then I went on to watch Something in the Rain - somehow it is more watchable now 😆 I will try Connect again after this hahaha - @mademoiselle did you finish Connect?

I liked S2. There is less bullying scenes compared to S1, which I suppose introduces you to that aspect of military service and the reason for DP. S2 was meant to see the effects of the work of DP and if there could be justice (which we all know there won't be).

I have a question though.

Spoiler

After Jiseop was caught on camera hitting Shin Ahwi in ep4, nothing happened to him after that? I thought that was a plot by General Jawoon to bring him down.

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

We knew he was married but didn't expect that Seo Eun would be his ex-wife. LOL. What do you all think of her character?

Not good at the beginning lol. I thought her character was not very well developed but I guess this being 6 episodes only, there is really not enough time for the side characters.

Her conversation with the human rights lady provided another perspective - most times I would agree with Seo Eun, but in this case, the human rights lady had a point - for some issues, we need to attack continuously even if the effect/result is minor, and hopefully one day, things will change.

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway, I was wondering if Han was actually pretending not to speak but he genuinely couldn't. He's definitely having PTSD. 

In Singapore, we have a slang "keng". Means pretend to escape lol. Not sure if Ho Yeol has PTSD, he seems pretty level headed to me.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@Chocolate Yes I finished Connect. It ended with the possibility of S2. LOL, still no for me for Something in the Rain. 😆 The PD is coming back with a new drama. I will avoid it this time.

@abs-oluteM I have no impression on SSK's wife. I don't think there's enough focus on her to get to know her better.

19 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

After Jiseop was caught on camera hitting Shin Ahwi in ep4, nothing happened to him after that? I thought that was a plot by General Jawoon to bring him down.

No, it was a plot to shut him up. He was one of the people that was questioning the military's covering up of this incident.

This season the show tries to show two sides of the coin. Not all cover up is the military protecting the organisation but also there's issues like this one, which is to protect that soldier who got bullied. Same case with Go Kyung Pyo's incident.

Han is really quirky. His presence adds some lightness to the gloomy topics of each episode.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I was planning on commenting only after I am done with the episodes but episode 3 really got to me. Nina's story is so tragic and at the end when he/ she died , like Han and JunHo, I had tears streaming down my face. I do get emotional watching dramas but this one felt too real. This will be a real turning point for Jun Ho (and even Han) as I don't think you can walk away from this job and continue to be indifferent. 

-----------------------------------

This was hilarious...

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 9/8/2021 at 1:31 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Han Yeol & Jun Ho made a great team together with grumpy Sergeant Park whom I came to love very much. The 3 of them were the most humane of the lot despite being the ones doing the groundwork. You can see how it became harder for them to ultimately bring the runaways back because they (esp HY and JH)  felt so bad for them. The other person who also had a surprising character growth was Captain Lim . He was so smarmy at first but at the end of the day he showed some humanity and helped Park out. 

Heheh , I reread what I wrote about S1 ...and this writer didn't fail me. He kept the consistency of the how the characters were written and their growth  throughout the 2 seasons made perfect sense. 

I had no doubts that Jun Ho would have been the one to start the ball rolling by wishing to expose the USB. And it also should not come as a surprise that Ho Yeol would not agree to what JH was doing but his priority would be to protect JH. What I had wondered  was where Capt Lim and Sergeant Park would stand. They came through for their subordinates with Capt Lim stalling time as a witness, and Sergeant Park  taking responsibility as the ultimate whistleblower. It wasn't an easy decision and I am not even sure if anything would change going forward, but at least they can all sleep with a clear conscience. 

Everything happens for a reason - if Seo Un had not been "fired" , she would not have gotten her hands on that USB , and took the government / army to court. So I am not quite sure if this would be character development though the role she played here was critical in the final arc of S2. I am actually surprised that Capt Lim was not punished since he testified against the army but I suppose what he did was not an offence. The verdict of the court case was realistic. For the court to recognise that the system within the army had problems is a good sign. So as a viewer I am satisfied with the outcome.

Overall  S2 is even better than S1 - which is rare because not many with a second season can keep the same sort of momentum, and keep viewers so engaged. I loved the partnership between JH and HY, and between Capt Lim and Sergeant Park. Not to forget the IT guy too. All 5 made an interesting and tight team.  There were so many great cameos and they managed to bring back some from S1. Who knew we'd see Go Kyung Pyo play his crazy character again. 6 episodes didn't seem enough so I hope a S3 is possible. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

• 7 months later...