@im0202 @mademoiselle @UnniSara

I never imagined the day I would see JIS & HHJ play parents 😀

By the way , a lot of RL shipping for them . Though I think they are just really good friends. 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Don't hit me, but I actually like episode 12 more than episode 9-11! Hahahaha! Somehow the separation to reunion to becoming parents to being hunted is more captivating than watching them fall in love. :laugh: I love the rapport Doo Sik, Mi Hyun and Guryungpo have with one another. The secret signals only the partners will understand...

I also like that capturing of Doo Sik tied in with the first three assassinated characters who had superpowers, plus that man who keep sniffling. It made sense Mi Hyun was always under surveilance. I have only managed to watch one episode, so I'm just going to assume Daddy Doo Sik is alive, which explains why Mi Hyun has been waiting for him all these years (purple paint on the top building and Namsan Donkatsu). It all tied in very well with what the two lovers discussed before.

I suppose the next episode is Guryungpo and how he started his own family to how she died in an accident. I hope it is as good as episode 12. And then I'm looking forward to later how it all ties back to the kids in present time!!! I want a reunion scene!

img.gif

Funny how I've only belatedly realised now JIS is technically Superman without the suit and undies :laugh::psweatduck:

• Haha 4

I want to like this show more than I do because it falls under a genre that I'm a huge fan of. I'm struggling to stay engaged with the first four episodes although @abs-oluteM has said I should persevere past the first 7. On principle I don't have problems with slow burn but this show feels too much like a 26 hour labour than slow burn. It's as if the baby's coming any moment but obstinately refuses to make its way down to the end of the birth canal. The NIS too seems more incompetent than usual although things are gradually picking up. A big part of the problem is that the show tries to be mysterious when it's rather obvious what's going on.

Aspects of it reminds me of Watchmen (the film and the graphic novel) and The Incredibles so it gives me deja vu sensations but also done better elsewhere previously. Maybe it's partly due to my aversion to K high school dramas. But I find the high school stuff very vanilla anyway. At least School Nurse Files had the advantage of being quirky and unpredictable.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma the real story ( IMO) starts towards the end of eps7 🤣🤣. Actually you can just jump right in - when they start showing us what happens to the parents, the story hits different . Eps 8 onwards tells the background to Han Hyo Joo & Jo In Sung’s character as well as Ryu Seong Ryung . 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 12-13 are my favourite so far… So I’ve similar thoughts as @mademoiselle The action parts just hit different!! I didn’t know that Kim Doosik had super speed in addition to flight. I thought his only power was flight so I was surprised when he was zooming around during the action scenes😆 The duo of him and Guryeongpo is really OP… too bad we only really saw one mission in more detail.

The end of Ep 13… oof. That long take😢 Brought me to tears. Another scene that stood out in Ep 13 was when Guryeongpo and his wife talked about the significance of ‘meat day’. Overall I really enjoyed the direction of this week’s episodes. Have to admit I enjoy the parents’ stories much more than the kids’.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle @im0202 I too love the last two episodes- somehow the direction of the show feels different once we entered eps 8 . Maybe this part was written by the PD .  Saw some tweets saying that PD himself asked to write & extend the plot from the original. Don’t know if that is why the parents arc feels so much better- as in i feel more emotionally invested. 

I am keeping hope that DS is still alive - I need him to reunite with MH & BS . They deserve happiness as a family 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

It was so sad watching Guryungpo wailed from the hospital to the funeral and cried some more while changing. He just looked like a big baby then. But then he stopped crying as he faced her picture and promised her he'll take good care of their daughter. It's as if he's adamant not to let her see him heartbroken and wanted to show her he's strong and reliable. I still like the kids' episodes especially Bong Seok and Hee Soo bonding, and them banding together actually makes me feel even more warm and fuzzy on the inside because they are the child of Doo Sik and Guryungpo.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

I laughed so hard here....if JIS was an airline  :laugh: ... translation credit to this account: 

CTH: Planes have business and economy class, so is there a difference in seating?
JIS: If I carry you in my arms, that would be business class. If I hug you, then that would be economy class. CTH: Isn't hugging you much better?

JIS: Well, if I carry you in my arms, you can see my face. But if you hug me, you can't see my face.

• Haha 4

@abs-oluteM

Hahahaha yes I was laughing at this part too while watching the interview… I wouldn’t mind either of this airline classes though TBH😂

By the way, has there been any confirmation on when we will be back to present day in the drama? I can’t wait for everyone (young and old) to come together!

We still have not seen anything about Ganghoon’s dad and we already had 6 eps of the parents’ story. I wonder when his character will come into play.

Edited by im0202
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 9/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

It was so sad watching Guryungpo wailed from the hospital to the funeral and cried some more while changing. He just looked like a big baby then. But then he stopped crying as he faced her picture and promised her he'll take good care of their daughter.

This part got to me so much... :cry: 

You guys think it was pure car accident? Or intentionally trying to kill his family?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I wonder about that too, but it serves no purpose to take her out coz he's already working for the organisation. Min Young Jun wanted Doo Sik to have a weakness and they weren't worried about Guryungpo because he's got a family (=weakness). His daughter is still his weakness but now taking out his wife means he had to resign so that he could take care of Hee Soo.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Moving E14 was good. I don't know why I felt emotional on simple scenes such as the family bonds these superheroes have with their wives and children. It should be the same with any normal people. Maybe because them being superheroes, the stake is higher and there's politics and controversy involved?

This episode is Kang Hoon and his father's story. His father is intellectually disabled, so even though Min Young Jun was interested, he was about to give up on him. But Kang Hoon used his power, and he realised power can be inherited. This revelation must have kick-started the spying, and happy to be back in the present time. I have missed the kiddos.

Sigh, still I teared up seeing Guryungpo missing his wife 🥲.

Episode 15 - omg how could it end there! Now the North Koreans are coming after them. Eekkkkk!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But Kang Hoon used his power, and he realised power can be inherited. This revelation must have kick-started the spying, and happy to be back in the present time. I have missed the kiddos.

Yeah... Guryungpo immediate knew he needs to disappear, but he didn’t know he got into the school that was built specifically to “entrap” their children. It actually made me think that the car accident was created by the principal of the school, just to test out whether his daughter inherit his ability or not. 

One thing I am guessing, the guard in the school is working for NK? And that teacher Yoon who has access to the principal’s cctv is on the NTDP team, but why did he purposely injured that student. What about teacher Choi Il Hwan? Which side is he on? Then there is that cleaning lady. Is she on NK side? Or NTDP? Don’t think she is on the same side as the parents. 

Sigh, still I teared up seeing Guryungpo missing his wife

Me too... even though we’re only shown his back. We know what a crybaby he is... 

Episode 15 - omg how could it end there!

I was screaming the same! It’s another long wait for new episodes 😩. But anyway, how could the bus driver still able to keep his job? 😆 after what he did the other time with the bus, and now this time too 😅

Now the North Koreans are coming after them

The kids are no match for them! Since they are not trained yet how to use their superpower. And we have only so few of the older generation left alive. Gosh, I have a feeling that this might end as season 1 with the parents all taken out, then season 2 will continue the kids continuing to fight the baddies...?? When will NaJu’s daughter come into picture. 

Where is Kim Do Shik??? I refuse to believe he is dead. How come he was never talked about (dead or alive) by Min. Urgh, I hate this guy. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It actually made me think that the car accident was created by the principal of the school, just to test out whether his daughter inherit his ability or not. 

I’m pretty sure that the car accident was caused by the agency / the sniffling tracker guy. Pretty scummy of them to do so - means they did not care in the least of killing both mother and child had Hee-soo not inherited her father’s ability. 
I hate the agency people so much!!

The end of Ep 15 with the whole bus stunt just made me wonder - will Cha Taehyun finally lose his bus driver job this time 😂😅

• Haha 3

I felt emotional watching eps 14. This episode once again highlights the extent to which the parents have to sacrifice to protect their kids . But how did the agency orchestrate for all the kids to end up at the same school? 

So don’t smack me , but I actually like class President , Kang Hoon a bit more. Bong Seok is a sweetie of course and he’s good for Hee Soo , but you know I always love these complicated characters . But I have a feeling he’ll end up being “misused “ by the agency & he’ll turn “bad” 🥲

Yes, I miss Kim Do Sik. For someone who’s headlining this show , not enough screen time 😭😭

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I felt emotional watching eps 14. This episode once again highlights the extent to which the parents have to sacrifice to protect their kids .

I also like the way we’re shown the two fathers taking care of and bonding with each of their little boy and girl. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@im0202 @ktcjdrama Yeah, it made sense if the car accident was caused by the sniffing guy. Coz from the flashback and timeline, it appears he's first confirmed of Bong Seok's power and decided to test Hui Soo's. Evil. Evil. Evil. Maybe I can rely on Kang Hoon to take him out later. Hahaha yes for Cha Tae Hyun. I thought the same as well that he's actually still driving the bus, and now he is doing it again. LOL.

@abs-oluteM Will the show have time though? How many episodes left? They are in danger at the moment from the North Koreans.

@ktcjdrama The cleaner lady works for NK. Disney+'s subtitle revealed her identity when they communicated. It showed it as "CLEANER: XYZ". LOL

The guard works for the agency. He was there when Do Shik held Min Young Jun hostage. I think there is a combination of two sides in the works here against our heroes.

I think Do Shik must be in jail. And maybe Mi Hyun and Guryungpo will strike a deal with Min Young Jun to release him so they could eliminate the threats? I'm sure Min Young Jun wouldn't want to lose the Gen 2 kids.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

On 9/8/2023 at 6:11 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Will the show have time though? How many episodes left? They are in danger at the moment from the North Koreans.

With so many arcs here, it is difficult to have more screen time for JIS. Anyway we're already heading towards the end as I understand this is a 20 episode show. 

Please Kim Do Shik....you need to appear soon

Preview with subs

• Like 3