1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Binged the first 5 episodes. Very interesting & agree with @UnniSara that the younger pair is adorable. So it looks like the school they are in is like a “safe house “ for these special kids ? 

I never imagined the day I would see HHJ play omma . I laughed so hard when she was trying to eavesdrop on the kids’ conversation. You can see she was so happy BS finally has a friend 

I love these two. So cute. Just don't know if Hee Soo likes Bong Seok back the way he does. It is definitely setting up to be a love triangle between the three.

Did you see they even put dark spots on Han Hyo Joo to age her, @abs-oluteM? That was a nice scene from her, tearing up, eavesdropping on their conversation. Haha. I don't suppose Bong Seok knows she has that ability so it'll be funny if more scenes like this developed... 😂 my TL has been exploding as of late of JIS and HHJ pairing and how Bong Seok is just like his dad with girls. Haha!

• Haha 3

Thanks for sharing this FMV @im0202 and I can’t wait to watch these scene.

I had to hold myself back from watching ep 8 & 9 . 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d765a4e28ce553c2bc63

Spoiler

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

This guy almost killed someone because he is either a SPY or evil  or desperate for a job 

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

hello everyone 

I am on ep 8 right now , almost done with that episode . I think Korea started with  BREEDING  program during the time of  LMH  & DSK were wworking there.  Not all  their plans of Matchmaking may have worked but some was done right. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

love these two. So cute. Just don't know if Hee Soo likes Bong Seok back the way he does. It is definitely setting up to be a love triangle between the three.

Yeah , she’s aware though of his feelings for her. I am not too fond of the idea of a love triangle - I would have rather them

all become friends. It’s clear that their abilities & the need to hide them have made them all very lonely souls . I love the idea that these outcasts get to band together and find comfort and hope .

I  am at eps 6 - the episode with Cha Tae Hyun’s story . But ehhhhh , isn’t he a bit too old to play a high school student 🤣🤣?

They really should have gotten a teenager to play him . 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yeah , she’s aware though of his feelings for her. I am not too fond of the idea of a love triangle - I would have rather them

all become friends. It’s clear that their abilities & the need to hide them have made them all very lonely souls . I love the idea that these outcasts get to band together and find comfort and hope .

There is tension in the air already and I believe they will all become friends towards the end @abs-oluteM  Maybe there wont be any romance for the teens, but these has been some  hints too it. 

• Like 3

I mentioned this to @mademoiselle already but this drama's pacing is too slow for me. I don't find enjoyment in watching six to seven episodes before it's hinted that they were part of some breeding/supernatural experiment by the government. My attention span is short and I'm far too impatient. LOL! 

However, I did really enjoy the kids and their stories. Bong Seok is adorable and I want to join their lunch table too. The glasses/class president guy though...not sure what his purpose is yet. 

I'm currently on episode seven, but feeling indifferent so I can't guarantee that I'll finish it. :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It is a bit difficult to know what the show is truly about yet, but I came across a post on weibo saying it's about family and friendship (and romance). From the looks of it thus far, it seems that way, through the lens of superheroes. Often superheroes shows we mostly watch them fight villains*, there were very little emphasis on their backstory and life. For the first 7 episodes, I feel we were given insights to the superheroes trying to live a normal life. The first gen in hiding, concealing their powers and banning their children from using the powers. I particularly feel sympathetic to Bong Seok and sad for Mi Hyun. There was so much sacrifices between this mother & son. Just the thought of Mi Hyun making Bong Seok fat and making sure he carries weights to school breaks my heart. How lost must she be without Doo Sik. She must not have known how to help Bong Seok, else she could help him control his power. Or at least let him try, but I think she's so scared of losing her son too that she chose to tie him down. The reason behind calling the restaurant Namsan Donkatsu had me going "aww" and maybe Doo Sik isn't dead because it was pointed out that she painted the top floor purple so that Doo Sik could spot it 💜

*superheroes movies have less emphasis on characters' backstory which is why I appreciated The Dark Knight Trilogy. Maybe more emphasis in the series but I don't watch superheroes series anymore (too long).

The kids grew up lonely and feeling lost because the adults are too busy making a living like normal humans. They are all considerate kids too. The glasses guy seems desiring to have a friend like him as well. He was looking forward to being friends with Hee Soo, but instead she bonded with Bong Seok first. I think now that he showed his powers they will bond.

For now, it seems Guryungpo has taken care of the assassin, but is it truly over? I don't think Americans will back off so easily. Perhaps the stories of the past and present will join up at the end (much like how The Witcher did their S1). We are after all in 2018 only for the first 7 episodes.

@Tofu What am I to do with you? 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

JIS and HHJ said their kiss scene was filmed during New Year's Eve. It was scheduled it on the day but they don't understand why and they asked the PD (who was there) and PD said because they are both single. I don't understand... why does it matter which day they filmed it?

Haha I was grinning while watching the whole video! They have a good chemistry with each other and JIS is always so witty and funny in this type of casual interviews.

I think the PD arranged for them to film their scenes and more specifically the kiss scene on Xmas, New Year’s Eve and New Year out of ‘consideration’ that they’re both single so they won’t be lonely on those days, since I think their country has a very strong couple culture where significant others will spend time together during those days😆 Anyway, both JIS and HHJ agreed that the scheduling worked out well because they had an enjoyable time during the shoot and went out for nice food and drinks with the PD after that.

Btw, there’s this funny bit where they were asked what they would be if they were not in showbiz. And when HHJ asked him what he would be with that face of his besides being an actor, he replied that there are many more good-looking men than him in his neighbourhood and HHJ was like “Which neighbourhood is that?!”😂😂😂 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, im0202 said:

“Which neighbourhood is that?!”

I'd like to know too. The celebs do tend to live in the same neighbourhood or apartments.

I wonder if episode 9-10 they are going to jump straight into Guryungpo's story. Episode 8 ended there and it needed a bit more narrative than to abruptly change to Guryungpo. It was already abrupt for me when first 7 episodes were on the kids, a bit of flashback but 8 and 9 were completely on the past. The story-telling just isn't as flowy when they do that.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I wonder if episode 9-10 they are going to jump straight into Guryungpo's story. Episode 8 ended there and it needed a bit more narrative than to abruptly change to Guryungpo.

I would love for them to continue a little more on Doosik and Mihyun’s story as I want to know what happens after Doosik was arrested, but from the Ep10-11 preview, it looks like they are jumping straight into Guryongpo’s backstory. Yes I’m sure it will be good, but I haven’t gotten enough of Bongseok’s parents yet!!

From what I’ve read in online comments from people who have read the webtoon, I think it also jumps around like that - kids’ stories, then their parents’, then kids+parents. Anyway, the webtoon author also wrote for the drama, so at least we know that how the drama will be presented should probably be how the author wants it to be!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I am all caught up  @mademoiselle @im0202 @UnniSara 

I don’t mind the earlier episodes but the story hits different once we had HHJ & JIS together. I’m so disappointed that we only had two episodes of their love story. Even with so little screen time , they had great chemistry-  I loved the bit when he told her he knew what she was up to but yet asked her to continue. This is the advantage of using seasoned actors - minimum screen time but maximum impact!  

Are we not going to see more of JIS ?

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Watching episode 9 now on Hulu .  It is so good, I am enjoying Lee Min Hyung and Kim Doo Shik backstory. They are so cute together. I chose to watch this episode today so I can watch ep 10-11 back to back. Hopefully I can make some GIG later on. 

Perfect scene 13:37 - 17:01

39:04 - 40:58

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I was so surprised by how invested I felt with Juwon - JiHee’s love story especially because eps 10 was mainly about gang fights till JiHee appeared. I didn’t know it was Kwak Sun Young who’ll be guesting for this role . Not a lot of screen time but effective to set things up. Both have had a rough time - he was a gangster who got betrayed and was in hiding , and she’s a “coffee delivery girl “ which really is a cover up for prostitution.  I like the symbolism about how he lost his way , and she helps him find it . She became his purpose . Tones of romanticism in that for sure . 

We also got to see how Doo shik saved Juwon , and they ended up becoming partners in the agency . I have to say the parents’ stories ( Doo Sik - Mihyun JW -JH )  got me fully invested , and I believe we will be seeing more of them .

One thing about this show is that they tell the stories in a non-linear fashion.  So really have to pay attention as they do flashbacks. 

Need subs for this 

• Like 2