ARGHHH... so thrilling. Why does it have to end there...? The ending scene was actually pretty cool. We never quite see Mi Hyun out in the field in action in the past. Even when she was sent out for that mission she screwed up, she wasn't doing much except standing there looking torn and then at that crucial moment she threw that stun grenade to ruin it. Whereas in this episode, she was in action! She's fights smart and to her own advantage. Though she has a couple of one-on-one fight with the cleaning lady, her strength is ambush. I just love how she takes off her glasses at the end — NIS agent Lee Mi Hyun is back — and walks out of the camera. Omma off to save her son! And here I am thinking to myself, KIM DOO SHIK YOU HAD BETTER APPEAR NOW!

What did Doo Shik do when he was sent to North Korea? Why did those North Koreans blame him?

In this two episodes, I appreciate that the drama also gave us a backstory to the Teacher. I didn't pay attention to that battle/war before so I didn't realise he was in there with Guryungpo. He owed his life to Guryungpo. That said, I hope Guryungpo fights back soon. His scenes are always so bloody, I don't really like it...

The parents are outnumbered and the kids are not trained, we really need Kim Doo Shik! Three of them aren't enough and Mi Hyun's bullets will soon run out too.

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I felt the hype leading into these week's episode was not met by the episodes. This show spends a long time on bits that I don't care for but gives very little to what really sells the show for me . Yes, I am talking about JIS. Where is Kim Do Shik? In jail? I think I wouldn't have been as disappointed if they didn't use JIS so much in their promotion. :nervous:.

I read in that in the webtoon...(spoilers)...

Spoiler

it was only hinted that he returned ...somewhat an open ending. But that will likely change as the PD has made some changes to the script. 

urghhh  Has Twitter disallowed embedding like IG ??? 

https://x.com/hyovrse/status/1702240312914223432?s=20

Eps 17 was better than Eps 16 for sure especially seeing what a sharp agent MiHyun is. I also like that we finally got to see Bong Seok in action. I only just realised he had inherited both dad's ability to fly and mum's hearing senses. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 9/14/2023 at 7:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

I didn't pay attention to that battle/war before so I didn't realise he was in there with Guryungpo.

Hahaha yes the teacher is Guryeongpo’s No.1 fanboy!!😆

I appreciated them giving us a little backstory of the teacher too, but I sure hope that’s the last of the flashbacks. But I’m thinking we might get some more next week of the N.Korean supers, as I don’t think they have casted well-known supporting actors (Park Heesoon, Yang Donggeun) just for the action bits. This is what I’m expecting anyway. But I hope that if they do N.Koreans backstory, they will tie it in to what happened with Kim Doosik. Park Heesoon’s character already mentioned that everything happened because of Kim Doosik.

Last 2 eps plot moved slow, so I hope next week’s ones will be full throttle. Just let me see Kim Doosik in action again pleeease he was so smooth in that mission he did with Guryeongpo😍

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM Do you guys in the background can allow or disallow certain web platforms' links? I figured out yesterday that https://x.com/hyovrse/status/1702240312914223432?s=20 is maybe the reason it was not showing because when it is https://twitter.com/hyovrse/status/1702240312914223432?s=20, it works.

Back to Moving, I didn't mind the last two episodes except I thought it jumps around between past and present a bit too much, though I have no trouble following it. I'm ok with no JIS before, but I think we need him back on screen now for the final closing. I need to know what happened to him after he got caught! I don't just want to know the past, I want to know where and what he's been doing all these years!

I agree @im0202 they won't cast those actors as North Koreans for no reason. But Park Hee Soon, when I saw him I laughed. He's played North Koreans or in North Korea related movies many times. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one feeling ep.16-17 a bit draggy? Like filler episodes... or is it because I am being impatient to keep watching more? These 2 episodes are not enough for this week!! I need moerrrrrrrr.... 

I find myself shouting inside “Fly Bong Seok! Fly!! Now!!” 🤦🏻‍♀️ How are these 2 kids going to fight against that flying NK agent? Mom, hurry up! How will she find them though? Btw, I also noticed the two NK agents both have scars on their faces. What is in the trunk of the car? Another superpower? 😓

What will happen to Guryungpo? Will he be okay with his face punched like that? I forgot what was the thing that might kill him? Need to go rewatch that part when he was being submerged into the water. His opponent this week is too strong?!! Big size and indestructible too 😓

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Guryungpo is hard to kill, so I'm not too worried about him dying. I just dislike the gore. @im0202 and I discussed about this couple of pages back. We concluded that the only way to kill him is off with his head (like, literally, disconnect it from his neck) coz he can still heal even when his neck was broken by the assassin. Guryungpo managed to kill that assassin was because he was pinned down by the metal stabbed through his body and then an explosion. So Guryungpo can die that way too. If this big man can be injured and does not have healing power, then Guryungpo will be able to kill him.

Agree. I thought it was stupid for both Bong Seok and Hee Soo to think they could hurt the NK agent. I don't know who will save them. I'm hoping Cha Tae Hyun since he already knows the kids are in danger. I'm guessing Mi Hyun installed GPS on Bong Seok's phone...? I wonder what is Park Hee Soon's power.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys in the background can allow or disallow certain web platforms' links? I figured out yesterday that https://x.com/hyovrse/status/1702240312914223432?s=20 is maybe the reason it was not showing because when it is https://twitter.com/hyovrse/status/1702240312914223432?s=20, it works.

We’ve not charged any of our coding or whatever it’s called 🤣🤣. ( not the most tech savvy person here ) But this is likely to do with the platforms.  Last time IG used to allow embedding, now no more . Seems like X ( formerly known as Twitter 🥲) is going the same route 😭😭

Let me ask @Tofu ..,did you noticed we can’t seem to embed tweets anymore? 

@ktcjdrama I found eps 16 & 17 draggy but 17 was more exciting.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Guryungpo managed to kill that assassin was because he was pinned down by the metal stabbed through his body and then an explosion.

I actually think Frank is still alive... 😃 He is listed as one of the main characters.. well, so is JIS but we don’t see enough of him 😆

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 9/19/2023 at 1:16 AM, im0202 said:

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle

the timeline to me looks like it’s showing after Kim Doosik was captured from his house when he allowed Mihyun and Bongseok to escape… maybe they will show the mission he had to complete in N.Korea for the agency?

Agree I also think they will reveal this part - the preview did show he was flying around inside the building shooting.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@im0202 @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama 

Pre-release...his dad's name is mentioned here. At this rate, this drama is gonna be called the Legend of Kim Do Shik...cause that's what he seems to be. Yet to see him in the present, LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mi Hyun single-handedly killed two NK agents. Woot. You go girl.

Guryungpo has a tough battle with the big man. Their fight scenes are hard to watch and so stupidly, they have to fight with bare hands. Eugh. And I don't know why they are taking turns swinging punches at one another. 🙄 I'm sorry, we're fighting for survival here, there's really no time for fighting fairly.

I was so so so glad Kang Hoon's Appa finally arrived to save him! Kang Hoon was no match against the NK agent, but Appa took him down with a couple of super cool Tekken style moves. I was so thrilled and happy the bad guy was so beaten up. He broke uri Kang Hoon's left hand! Hmph! An adult bullying a kid is not cool.

I think Bong Seok eventually flew in supersonic speed like my Superman did to save Mi Hyun. Kim Doo Shik only appears in E18 and latter half of E20. It's kinda sad that he seems to be more of a cameo like Cha Tae Hyun than the rest of the casts. He was locked up in a dungeon in NK which is why he couldn't go home. Gotta say JIS is not great on wires. His moves lack fluidity and it came out very clumsy instead. His landing doesn't look stable and "normal" too. After leaving NK the first thing he does is to kill Min Seung Geon but we know another man will just replace him, and voila, the epilogue showed actor Park Byung Eun taking his place. The more shocking revelation had to be actress Shim Dal Gi. It looks like she's an NIS agent who went undercover to be Hee Soo's friend! Her position seems to be higher than Min Seung Geon too.

It was a bit of a tear-jerking moment when Bong Seok offered to piggyback Mi Hyun and we get a flashback of Omma Mi Hyun piggybacking Bong Seok in the past and then back to present with Mi Hyun exclaiming, "My son is all grown up". Awww. The reunion scene of Doo Shik with family is so short and not as touching as I had hoped. Actually, I didn't feel a thing but I'm just glad he's finally home. The down side is, they seem to still have to be in hiding because Bong Seok quit school and moved away. The show didn't tell us what happened between Bong Seok and Hee Soo and are they still in contact. I suspect they would be since Bong Seok can fly. Guryungpo on the other hand lost an eyeball.

The ending to the NK big man was unexpected. He's just a soft big bear in the end, adopted by Hee Soo and working for Guryungpo. So I guess it is a family of 3 invincible running a fried chicken shop.

Who was it that said Frank is still alive??? And omg, he is indeed alive!

The show ended with hinting season 2. Kang Hoon joined the NIS to clear his father's crime. Also the Americans have re-activated their assassination mission again and this time they will send Elias. Eeeeeeek! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I am done with the show too @mademoiselle! I thought the reunion that I had so hoped for  was a bit of an anticlimax. You're right that the BS giving MH a piggy back ride was more touching. But regardless, I am glad that Kim Do Sik is alive & back with his family.  Given the post-credit ending , it opens up the possibility of a S2. So perhaps they could explore what happens to their family.

This drama wasn't bad and I do understand that it is an ensemble cast ( like Avengers) that I cannot possibly ask for more screen time for JIS ( with HHJ). However, their arc was the emotional anchor for me and one of the best things about this show. What I felt was that the drama tried to explore way too many arcs, giving a back story for everyone hoping for us to see a more human side to them. Unfortunately that didn't work too well as far as I am concerned - it didn't add value to the show and neither did the baddies get my sympathy. The show would have been more engaging if we have focused on just the three kids and their parents. This season feels very much like an introduction, albeit a long one, to what I suspect would be a multi-season superhero series. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Guryungpo has a tough battle with the big man. Their fight scenes are hard to watch and so stupidly, they have to fight with bare hands.

Agreed, their fights got boring after awhile lol. It was like round 11973618 and they were still not done. I think I took most of my toilet breaks when they were fighting😂

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I read somewhere that in the original webtoon, Doo-sik did not reunite with his family (not sure if this is true), so the one written into the last scene could be a changed up version, that’s why it seemed a little rushed and therefore unsatisfying? But I’m just glad we got the whole fam back together again!

The whole ending plus post-credits were just building up for a second season. Don’t know if we will get one. Many korean viewers are also asking for D+ to adapt the other Kang-Pul webtoons in the same universe as Moving into live action series. I hope Moving did well enough to have more seasons!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Done! 

I didn't feel like clicking on ep.20 at all because then the drama will be over... but of course I could not stand not knowing what will happen next. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Mi Hyun single-handedly killed two NK agents. Woot. You go girl.

IKR!! 2 and a half, if you want to count that guy who broke Kang Hun's hand.

And I don't know why they are taking turns swinging punches at one another.

I thought that was funny. It's like "let's see who is the last man standing"... The ending for these two is so unexpected though :laugh: O, when I saw the eyeball on the floor, I exclaimed a bit, lol... I thought it's just the bullet, but of course we have to go the extreme gore with Guryungpo, don't we?...  "Will it regenerate? It will grow back, right?" Those were my thoughts... haha...

It was a bit of a tear-jerking moment when Bong Seok offered to piggyback Mi Hyun and we get a flashback of Omma Mi Hyun piggybacking Bong Seok in the past and then back to present with Mi Hyun exclaiming, "My son is all grown up".

I cried here. This show balanced everything well. The fights, the romance, the friendship, the family bond. 

I teared up at their purple rooftop reunion too. But that was too short...!! We don't even get to see a proper hugs because the camera pans out far far away... #rolleyes

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I felt was that the drama tried to explore way too many arcs, giving a back story for everyone hoping for us to see a more human side to them. Unfortunately that didn't work too well as far as I am concerned - it didn't add value to the show and neither did the baddies get my sympathy.

I do feel we have too many arcs, but I don't really mind it. Somehow I can follow with the style. Expected it when we kept moving from unfinished scene to another, then back to that scene like many minutes after. A lot of viewers don't like this too. I actually like seeing the back story of each person. Didn't expect to see backstory of the northern superpowers, but knowing how they came to be made me feel pity for them because they were just disposable tools. They've been brainwashed and held hostage because of family. Ending was great for me because it's true, you have to take out those in charge first, go after them first, so I'm happy the flying superpowers took out their respective leaders. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This season feels very much like an introduction, albeit a long one, to what I suspect would be a multi-season superhero series. 

It does feel like an introduction. So I hope we get additional season, even if just one. Not enough of the kids yet!!

And yes, whatever happened to the little lovebirds? I was just rejoicing earlier that they confessed their feelings to each other, and then it's no more?? Why do they need to stop contacting each other? Why only BS himself who has to miss school and graduation? Because he (the whole family) was being hunted down? But the agency knows about Hee Soo and Kang Hun too.... And also, how did they restore the school buildings so fast? LOL.... Maybe should have toned down the damage level, then it will be a bit more believable, haha....

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

It looks like Disney+ now wants to make season 2. All that after they say they will withdraw investing on Korean contents. LOL!

I have to say, I'm a bit sad that Guryungpo lost an eyeball. He's a great warrior, and I've been thinking all this while, does his regenerative power deteriorate as he grew older? Just like any humans experiencing ageing, his regeneration could possibly slow down and takes a longer time to recover too, isn't it?

@ktcjdrama I agree, it didn't seem logical for Mi Hyun and Bong Seok to move away when Bong Seok is flying around saving people and being reported on TV. If they wanted to hide, then both Guryungpo and Mi Hyun would have to run/hide again. However, this time, Guryungpo didn't leave.

I miss the kids too, even though we have 7 episodes of their stories, but just when I grew attached to them the show goes back to the adults' backstories. I don't mind each character's backstory, although it is true I am not entirely invested or interested in all the characters' past.

By the way, do you guys think the female superhero's daughter really died from cancer? It felt like before her death, the mum and her reach an agreement that they have a plan to hide from the agency.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I have to say, I'm a bit sad that Guryungpo lost an eyeball.

I heard that's the way it is in the webtoon. So I guess they're just staying true to it. If he only had taken out the bullet, then the eye might be able to regenerate, but since he gauged it out, it simply cannot grow a new one? Probably the same if part of his body is chopped away? 

By the way, do you guys think the female superhero's daughter really died from cancer? It felt like before her death, the mum and her reach an agreement that they have a plan to hide from the agency.

I am pretty sure she is still alive. I also get that feeling that the mom wants her to agree to her plan, which she did, thus the funeral.

It looks like Disney+ now wants to make season 2. All that after they say they will withdraw investing on Korean contents. LOL!

I'm happy if they have a season 2, but I think I am okay too with this ending, even if they don't have another season.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif