My Name 마이 네임 [2021]

mademoiselle

Episode 5

Spoiler

She just point blank shot Gangjae. Piljo is going to lie and protect her right? Then they will fall in love.

Means the gang boss is likely going to die 😢 So sad. He was going to buy her a house on the beach like what she always wanted with her dad.

That Narco captain is one mean sob 🤬

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

More preview

Spoiler

Some cut scenes from My Name.

1) To take revenge, Ji Woo is thrown into a sea of men and had to fight her way through to survive.

2) Ji Woo eventually became Oh Hye Jin, a police officer at the Narcotic division and partner up with Jeon Pil Do (Ahn Bo Hyun).

Han So Hee's Interview

LOL @Chocolate I do admit initially I thought she might become Choi Moo Jin's lover. Or they have a loveline or something but surprisingly this drama focuses a lot on just Hye Jin/Ji Woo's path to revenge/truth.

Did you enjoy the action scenes? :P Why didn't you like the Narcotic leader?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL @Chocolate I do admit initially I thought she might become Choi Moo Jin's lover. Or they have a loveline or something but surprisingly this drama focuses a lot on just Hye Jin/Ji Woo's path to revenge/truth.

Did you enjoy the action scenes? :P Why didn't you like the Narcotic leader?

Haha that was a joke 😂 I had already seen the love scene and it was not with him 😅 But Moo Jin is quite suave despite being a drug lord.

First, the drama portrayed the Narco captain as the killer. I’m not sure about that and at first I thought he was Moo Jin’s plant and killed the dad at his instructions. But regardless, his focus seems to be catching Moo Jin at all

expense and he steps over the line while doing so. However when he learnt that Pil Do was missing (while being crushed in vehicle), he rushed over to save him. So I don’t know what to think of him.

• Like 4

I’ve finished.

Spoiler

Must say I didn’t expect Pil Do to be shot. But without that impetus, I guess the show would end unsafisfactorily.

I genuinely thought Moo Jin won’t be able to kill her. He has a soft spot for her and I like to think he was impressed by her tenacity and a bit jealous of Pil Do. But slash slash slash, so many slashes and then he shoots the gun.

This drama was a decent watch. It’s true it is quite brutal but you can just look away if you feel queasy 😆 The story is quite straightforward and not meant to be a psychological thriller. @ktcjdrama You would appreciate it after the convoluted plot of The Veil. Acting was good and 8 episodes is a good length.

Han So Hee does a good job here for the action scenes. Her boxing looked real. Definitely more convincing than Park Shin Hye in Sissyphus 😂 I enjoyed the action even with the violence.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It’s true it is quite brutal but you can just look away if you feel queasy 😆 The story is quite straightforward and not meant to be a psychological thriller. @ktcjdrama You would appreciate it after the convoluted plot of The Veil.

:laugh: I have no problem with gore and blood. In fact, I love seeing a strong female who can fight. I read that HSH did most of the actions herself without a double. I appreciate actresses who are willing to take on these kinds of gritty role/character, instead of always choosing pretty doll characters. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

33 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Definitely more convincing than Park Shin Hye in Sissyphus

For Park Shin Hye, you should watch Doctors, just the first few episodes to see her action scenes, also done without a double. Sadly later on in the story it wasn't shown much. Sisyphus was a waste of her action ability because she was mostly carrying that funky pink gun. 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

34 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Han So Hee does a good job here for the action scenes. Her boxing looked real. Definitely more convincing than Park Shin Hye in Sissyphus 😂 I enjoyed the action even with the violence.

I just died from the above comment. :lmao2: Maybe it's the cinematography and editing? I've seen an action scene being edited (speed increase) and the action looked so much better. Sisyphus was poorly edited.

36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You would appreciate it after the convoluted plot of The Veil.

What is the verdict for The Veil (story-wise)? I know he:

Spoiler

was the one who killed his colleagues.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I just died from the above comment. Maybe it's the cinematography and editing? I've seen an action scene being edited (speed increase) and the action looked so much better. Sisyphus was poorly edited.

What is the verdict for The Veil (story-wise)? I know he

It’s the posture. Han So Hee’s fight stance is quite good, looks real.

Whereas Park Shin Hye, she fights like a girl - like girls in a playground 😂. Remember I posted a GIF in Sissyphus where she used 2 hands to push away a guard - these things don’t lie - you can do all the stunts yourself and even with 1 complete take without editing but all it means is that you’re athletic and can remember the moves, it doesn’t make you a natural fighter. That said, I will check out Doctors to see those fight scenes and see if I am disparaging her effort 😅

Veil’s story is bad. Went downhill from episode 4 or so onwards. Too many things going on. And it seems to be trying too hard to be intriguing but as a result everything is badly done. The most laughable is that the FL appears 5 minutes in each episode then gets killed off in ep 5/6 😂

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

@Chocolate Doctors fight scene was better choreographed (https://youtu.be/j9r0rhAA0ro)

Woah, I'm surprised about The Veil. The rating seems to be doing well and I saw you guys actively discussed and sometimes praises it so I thought it's good and it's just me couldn't get into it.

Edit:

I apologise in advance for this criticism...:pandaheadstomp:

Spoiler

I forgot to say, when there were fist-fight scenes of Han So Hee against too many men, I easily feel 出戲* because no matter how good a woman is in fighting, a lady's punch in reality is not going to be as heavy as the men's, especially because she's tiny compared to them. It'd be more convincing if she fights smart with weapon rather than empty-handed.

*cannot fully immerse in the story

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Doctors fight scene was better choreographed (https://youtu.be/j9r0rhAA0ro)

Woah, I'm surprised about The Veil. The rating seems to be doing well and I saw you guys actively discussed and sometimes praises it so I thought it's good and it's just me couldn't get into it.

Wah this clip is not helping change my opinion of PSH 😂 Instead I see that she is definitely helped by the increase in speed and editing. Plus, now I am even questioning her acting skills 🤪 Did this drama make her popular? 😅

Veil was interesting up to a point. It’s just that the reveals are so disappointing.

• Haha 3
57 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Wah this clip is not helping change my opinion of PSH 😂 Instead I see that she is definitely helped by the increase in speed and editing. Plus, now I am even questioning her acting skills 🤪 Did this drama make her popular? 😅

:lmao2: Hahahaha, so picky Chocolate. You've seen her acted in Memories of the Alhambra and Sisyphus, isn't it? And I assumed #Alive as well? What do you think? I think she was popular since You're Beautiful. Her fame got heightened further because of The Heirs. So now you can see she's pairing up with male leads that are more veteran than actors her age or younger because her star status has up another level (at least that's my observation from her recent co-star pairing).

The pairing that you had wanted before 😆

FB4BfF0VEAoxTU9?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I forgot to say, when there were fist-fight scenes of Han So Hee against too many men, I easily feel 出戲* because no matter how good a woman is in fighting, a lady's punch in reality is not going to be as heavy as the men's, especially because she's tiny compared to them. It'd be more convincing if she fights smart with weapon rather than empty-handed.

*cannot fully immerse in the story

A lot of these gang followers are just average fighters, some relying on their size instead of skills. In many dramas and movies, the good fighters, male or female, are able to overcome them. Sometimes we just have to suspend reality for awhile.

But the good thing here is that most times, Jiwoo does sustain some injuries in these fights, so it is not totally unrealistic.

Also right at the beginning, when Moo Jin started training Jiwoo at the boxing club, he advised her not to fight by strength because she cannot win, like you say. He said to focus on areas like temple, chin, sternum and the genitals 😂

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha, so picky Chocolate. You've seen her acted in Memories of the Alhambra and Sisyphus, isn't it? And I assumed #Alive as well? What do you think? I think she was popular since You're Beautiful. Her fame got heightened further because of The Heirs. So now you can see she's pairing up with male leads that are more veteran than actors her age or younger because her star status has up another level (at least that's my observation from her recent co-star pairing).

She was ok in Alive, because she had a gun. In Call, she was a bit overshadowed by the other actress.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

:laugh: editing and speeding are definitely at play for those scenes. PSH has always been popular since ages ago because she started as a child actor. I believe she was once the "Nation's Girl" before more and more child actresses debuted. Her acting is not the greatest but I still like watching her. One of the reasons why I can finish Sisyphus. Maybe because I'm very used to seeing her already. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The pairing that you had wanted before

I can totally see why this pairing is more preferred :wow: Can feel there's more tension between them. Park Hee Soon, first time I watched him in Beautiful World (a drama I would recommend). Took me a while to register this is the same actor until after several clips, because the characters are so different. He hardly acts in dramas, mostly in movies. Can't wait to start this drama.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

PSH has always been popular since ages ago because she started as a child actor. I believe she was once the "Nation's Girl" before more and more child actresses debuted.

Wow I never knew she was a child actress. I read that she was a coup for Memories of the Alhambra. The writer had to develop the romance line because they unexpectedly had a big star 😍

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can totally see why this pairing is more preferred  Can feel there's more tension between them. Park Hee Soon, first time I watched him in Beautiful World (a drama I would recommend). Took me a while to register this is the same actor until after several clips, because the characters are so different. He hardly acts in dramas, mostly in movies. Can't wait to start this drama.

Yes, it's quite sexy between them 😍 On one hand, he is like an uncle, her father's friend, looking after her. (I think there is a 20 year difference between them). But the way he looks out for her and more importantly, trusts her is very enticing. Then she, cooks him chamomile tea to help him sleep, which he says tastes horrible (can't remember what he compared it to) but he carries a flask with him from then on. So you tell me later, do you think he likes her? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I read that she was a coup for Memories of the Alhambra. The writer had to develop the romance line because they unexpectedly had a big star

O gosh, I was disappointed with the romance in MoA. Either you do it properly, or don't even go that direction. Just let her be Emma. They made the poster as if the romance aspect is a big part the story, but actually even without the romance, story would have been just great and fine. 

I've read some spoilers about My Name, that the romance felt forced as well. Same thing, this is probably a drama that will work even without romance. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

He said to focus on areas like temple, chin, sternum and the genitals 😂

Yeah I remember this scene, I think it is true. I'd also go for the throat (adam's apple) and wouldn't be fighting fair, so genitals it is! I once had a colleague who teaches karate and self-defense classes and as a favour requested by our boss he showed us some self-defense moves but he said, because we're women and weaker in strength, it is best that when we're attacked, we remain calm and run rather than fight.

But the good thing here is that most times, Jiwoo does sustain some injuries in these fights, so it is not totally unrealistic.

Several times I thought she should be suffering from broken ribs or internal bleeding actually especially when being kicked. Though agreed that the show is not totally unrealistic and she does get bruises & injuries.

She was ok in Alive, because she had a gun. In Call, she was a bit overshadowed by the other actress.

24 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Wow I never knew she was a child actress. I read that she was a coup for Memories of the Alhambra. The writer had to develop the romance line because they unexpectedly had a big star

40 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Her acting is not the greatest but I still like watching her. One of the reasons why I can finish Sisyphus. Maybe because I'm very used to seeing her already.

Her acting hadn't been as good as expected as a child actress or as sunbae who's been in the industry for so long. Her weakness is in romance.

24 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So you tell me later, do you think he likes her?

I do think he likes her because the moment he heard from Gang Jae he got hold of her, he rushed to save her. He became obsessed and it led to the end of his organisation.

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I've read some spoilers about No Name, that the romance felt forced as well. Same thing, this is probably a drama that will work even without romance.

I can't really say that's really "romance". It was more like two people found some similarities of one another, and understood each other pain, then spent a night together. It could develop into one but... (spoilers so I won't say).

P.S. I was supposed to come in here to introduce you guys watching Sinkhole (movie)! It's very interesting. I think you guys will like it. LOL, I'm just using this thread to talk about random stuff xD @Chocolate @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1