My Name 마이 네임 [2021]

mademoiselle

My Name

FAQOMXVVEAcIlsW?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FAOQkMHVcAEkle3?format=jpg&name=4096x409E-j2FR3VUAEzd7L?format=jpg&name=large

Plot Summary

Yoon Ji-Woo’s (Han So-Hee) father dies suddenly. She wants to desperately take revenge on whoever is responsible for her father's death. Yoon Ji-Woo works for drug crime group Dongcheonpa. Choi Moo-Jin (Park Hee-Soon) is the boss of the drug gang. With the help of Choi Moo-Jin and to uncover the reason for her father's death, Yoon Ji-Woo joins the police department and becomes a mole for the drug group. Yoon Ji-Woo is assigned to work in the drug investigation unit in the police department. Her partner there is Detective Jeon Pil-Do (Ahn Bo-Hyun).

Cast

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 2

Han So Hee, Ahn Bo Hyun, And More Talk About “My Name” Action Scenes, Why They Joined The Drama, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The cast of “My Name” talked about the upcoming series at their press conference!

On October 5, Han So Hee, Park Hee Soon, Ahn Bo Hyun, Kim Sang Ho, Lee Hak Joo, Jang Ryul, and director Kim Jin Min attended the online press conference for “My Name.”

The Netflix original series “My Name” will tell the story of Yoon Ji Woo (played by Han So Hee), a woman who joins an organized crime ring and, under their direction, infiltrates the police as an undercover agent in order to learn the truth behind her father’s death. Ahn Bo Hyun will star as Jeon Pil Do, a police detective who becomes Yoon Ji Woo’s partner when she joins the force.

Director Kim Jin Min commented, “It’s a story of one person’s revenge. It’s an action story of the main character Han So Hee diligently walking the road of revenge while meeting various people and finding her own path.”

Regarding how she came to choose this project, Han So Hee shared, “I could see the desperation in the script of someone having the one goal of revenge and only working towards that one goal. I thought it was a genre that I hadn’t experienced yet where I would have to use my body to express emotions. That’s why I read it enjoyably and had the thought that I wanted to try it.”

Ahn Bo Hyun expressed his admiration for the show’s director and explained, “I had so much fun watching ‘Extracurricular’ that I became a fan of the director. I read the script and fell in love.” He continued, “I wanted to one day do an action noir and I finally came to do one.”

After Ahn Bo Hyun revealed that he gained weight to convey the dependability of his detective role, Jang Ryul explained that he lost 10 kilograms (approximately 22 pounds) for his. He elaborated, “I’m already thin so losing weight isn’t easy but it was so hard. I thought that the character of Do Kang Jae that I imagined while reading the script was so different from my image before filming. I wanted to achieve the image of a knife with a razor sharp edge so I think it was like that because I was mindlessly dieting. Ahn Bo Hyun taught me about diets and exercise methods so I received a lot of help.”

My-Name1.jpeg

As this is Han So Hee’s first action project since debuting, the actress commented, “At first, I took my modest vigor with me to action school and received lessons for a day but I thought, ‘I’m going to fail the moment I try to pull a trick.’ I figured that no matter what, I had to invest a lot of time. I felt a lot of pressure because it’s my first time, but also because I’m not alone and I have to coordinate with someone else to create one movement. I was also careful in case I got hurt. It was hard.”

Hearing this, Park Hee Soon chimed in, “All the actors had a lot of action scenes. Apart from Kim Sang Ho, the four male actors practiced for two months before filming. Han So Hee began practicing one month before us.”

Director Kim Jin Min shared his praise for Han So Hee as he commented, “An actress appeared who wanted to do it and said she would, and I believe that her keeping that promise became her power.”

He continued, “For actors, your appearance and characteristics set a lot of limits for you. I always think of that limit as potential. Actors breaking through that limit on their own becomes potential. If you settle with your potential, that becomes a limit. I asked her two things, ‘Do you want to do it?’ and ‘Are you going to practice?’ Without a second of hesitation, she said she wanted to do it. It’s not easy to personally say that to the director.”

The director added, “There will be so many opportunities to play beautiful characters. However, opportunities to throw around your body in a project like this will not come easily. I am most thankful to Han So Hee.”

“My Name” premieres on Netflix on October 15.

source

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Netflix has dropped 8 episodes today. Is that everything? If that’s the case, I might wait for a suitable day to binge watch all instead of starting today. 

Think so...

But woah....real plus 19 scenes...ahahahah I saw someone post on twitter. Don't watch with your girl. 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Think so...

But woah....real plus 19 scenes...ahahahah I saw someone post on twitter. Don't watch with your girl. 

Really? I've watched 4 episodes haven't come across anything 😆.

Ok I went to twitter to check 😁 looking forward to ABH...😁

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Not yet, will start tonight. Is it good? I saw a sexy scene and people complaining on twitter that such scenes are not necessary 😂

Is the drama good?

Walaoeh, sexy scene also complain. Actually I've to say it's not really 19+ @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama

The drama is an OK for me. Average. I kind of guessed it. Probably have to say I'm not into this fist / knives fighting between gangster "The Young & Dangerous" storyline. The bit that I do like is both sides trying to play with each other's heads. Anyway, you watch & you tell me.

• Insightful 4

@Chocolate @mademoiselle  well I will not be one of those complaining. These people...But anyway I read contrasting remarks on my twitter feed. Some think it is amazing - maybe cause Han So Hee was quite kick ass? Some think that storyline quite predictable. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

58 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate @mademoiselle  well I will not be one of those complaining. These people...But anyway I read contrasting remarks on my twitter feed. Some think it is amazing - maybe cause Han So Hee was quite kick ass? Some think that storyline quite predictable. 

Oh acting wise it is fine. Han So Hee was good. Everyone is actually. I was talking about the storyline - yes, it's quite predictable for me.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Wow episodes 3 & 4 are violent! That parang went through the torso, there was a slow slit of the throat with a serrated knife and a dagger through the eye!

Definitely more gory than Squid Game.

But you do want to continue watching 😅

And that gang boss is looking more attractive with each episode 🤣 They are protecting each other 🥰

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2