Jinxed at First 징크스의 연인 [2022]

Tofu

Jinxed at First 징크스의 연인

1652748806251-384630.jpg

Korean Title: Jinxui Yeonin 징크스의 연인
English Title: Jinxed at First / Jinx's Lovers
Adapted FromJinxui Yeonin by Han Ji-Hye and illustrated by Goo Seul
Director: Yun Sang Ho (Previous work: River Where the Moon Rises)
Writer: Han Ji-Hye (webtoon), Goo Seul (webtoon) and Jang Yoon Mi
Network: KBS
Episodes: 16
Release Date: June 15th, 2022, airing on Wednesday/Thursday
English Subtitles: Viki and iQIYI
Official Website: KBS

Synopsis

Gong Soo Kwang (Na In Woo) sells fish at a traditional market. He is known as an unlucky man. Because of this, people try to avoid him. His life wasn't always like that. At one point, he had a bright future. After Soo Kwang met Lee Seul Bi (Seohyun), his life changed. His mom died in a car accident and someone tried to kill him. 

Seul Bi has a special ability, she is a prophet. Whoever she touches, she can see their future as well as bring them luck. She got her special ability from her mom, who also has the same ability. Seul Bi and her mom has been living in captivity for a long time due to a CEO who uses her mom for her ability. With her mom's help, Seul Bi is able to escape and meets Soo Kwang again after two years. (Credit)

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Cast.

1653460264883-385517.jpg

Na In Woo as Gong Soo Kwang/Go Myung Sung

1653460264718-385506.jpg

Seohyun as Lee Seul Bi

1653460264991-385528.jpg

Jeon Kwang Ryul as Seon Sam Joong

1653460265145-385539.jpg

Yoon Ji Hye as Mi Soo (Seul Bi's Mom)

Spoiler

1653460265987-385619.jpg

Ki Do Hoon as Seon Min Joon (Sam Joong's son)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I watched the first episode and actually really enjoyed it. It's a lighthearted drama which is something I need to contrast the dark theme of Insider.

@abs-oluteM -- Did you want to watch? I think you were looking for a lighter drama, right?

The director's last drama was River Where the Moon Rises so there were cameos in the first episode!! :heart:

They are so cute together. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I've enjoyed the first two episodes so far. It's definitely more engaging than LAP, who aired before in the same time slot. The drama have marketplace vendors who are super nosy in their affairs but also provide a nice background/comedic relief in the story. 

I actually do not mind Seohyun's acting in this too. Seul Bi is a difficult character to play because she's been held captive for 20 years. Her understanding of the world is through the books she reads. 

Hahaha! I forget how tall Na In Woo is sometimes. He's around 6' 2". 

This scene in episode two was so chaotic and hilarious. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM I watched both episodes. Maybe this one can replace the light & fun dramas that we enjoyed in Business Proposal and Sh**ting Stars.

@Tofu Na In Woo's profile says he's 189 cm so he's really tall, as tall as Rowoon. However, I noticed he's skinny. He'll look better if he beef up a bit more. The second ML is really tall as well. Yeah, Seohyun's acting here is fine as the quirky and naive FL. I like Na In Woo's character too (and his looks ~ hahahaha).

On 6/17/2022 at 10:12 PM, Tofu said:

This scene in episode two was so chaotic and hilarious. Hahaha!

Hahahahaha it was chaotic indeed. I wasn't that amused with this scene and find it got a bit too long for me. 😅 I hope Seul Bi will start bringing more business in for Soo Kwang soon because right now she's causing him lose more money ... he just took someone's bicycle, left it somewhere in the middle of the road and running away!

You know, Na In Woo is also in the drama Cleaning Up so I actually got that drama mixed up with this one when I saw some cuts. I was waiting for that one scene I saw on weibo to appear in this drama 😅

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I watched both episodes. Maybe this one can replace the light & fun dramas that we enjoyed in Business Proposal and Sh**ting Stars.

@Tofu Na In Woo's profile says he's 189 cm so he's really tall, as tall as Rowoon. However, I noticed he's skinny. He'll look better if he beef up a bit more. The second ML is really tall as well. Yeah, Seohyun's acting here is fine as the quirky and naive FL. I like Na In Woo's character too (and his looks ~ hahahaha).

Hahahahaha it was chaotic indeed. I wasn't that amused with this scene and find it got a bit too long for me. I hope Seul Bi will start bringing more business in for Soo Kwang soon because right now she's causing him lose more money ... he just took someone's bicycle, left it somewhere in the middle of the road and running away!

You know, Na In Woo is also in the drama Cleaning Up so I actually got that drama mixed up with this one when I saw some cuts. I was waiting for that one scene I saw on weibo to appear in this drama

hai @mademoiselle , I'm planning to watch it. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@Tofu @mademoiselle @twink_twink_ I managed to catch the 1st episode and really liked it . Seul Bi's discovery of the real world was the highlight. Seohyun is good here ...she made me laugh. LOL . The pacing was quite fast since they are trying to set the story.

One thing I was a bit confused about was when Soo Kwang's mother took out a photo of Seul Bi's mum..wasn't it a boy sitting on the mother's lap. Anyway it looks like Soo Kwang's mother is aware of Seul Bi's origin. 

On 6/16/2022 at 9:26 AM, Tofu said:

he director's last drama was River Where the Moon Rises so there were cameos in the first episode!! :heart:

I was so excited to see them . And they all somehow are part of Seul Bi's ancestry!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Woot ! I am all caught up. 2nd episode was so fun too. So far things have been pretty engaging and the leads match well. But I have to say Seul Bi is my favorite - I think SeoHyun is doing a great job here as this ingenuous young lady who's never seen the world before.  She cracked me up with all her  marine knowledge ! 

Pre-released

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

How cute are these two?! :heart:

20220620-193934.jpg
20220620-193930.jpg
20220620-193928.jpg

@mademoiselle Her marine knowledge cracks me up, but it'll be useful later if she ends up living with Soo Kwang. She can help him at his fish store. Haha! 

In real life, Na In Woo reminds me a bit of Seul Bi. He is very trusting, super sweet, and a bit out of this world with his thought process. Haha! I'm glad everyone is liking this drama! Originally, I only started watching because of all the River cameos. I had so much fun watching that I'm going to continue tuning in every week. 

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 6/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@Tofu @mademoiselle @twink_twink_ I managed to catch the 1st episode and really liked it . Seul Bi's discovery of the real world was the highlight. Seohyun is good here ...she made me laugh. LOL . The pacing was quite fast since they are trying to set the story.

One thing I was a bit confused about was when Soo Kwang's mother took out a photo of Seul Bi's mum..wasn't it a boy sitting on the mother's lap. Anyway it looks like Soo Kwang's mother is aware of Seul Bi's origin. 

I was so excited to see them . And they all somehow are part of Seul Bi's ancestry!

hai everyone. :nya:

creative. great work of art. relatable. I feel the way it took me through so many emotions was amazing. the first and second episodes were fun to watch and had me literally giggling most of the time. :smile: the drama depicts the original webtoon. so where is the love? 😍 Soo Gwang and Lee Seul Bi are polar opposites. Soo Gwang, he's confident, self-aware and knows what he wants. the chemistry between the leads is so good. in this genre of fantasy romance show us how magical love can be. that's why the story feel light not dragging too much on each obstacle between the characters.

@abs-oluteM , chingu.. you've got a point. if Soo Gwang had a good memory and total recall of her spoken words so he's going to trigger this change with lot of extra effort which usually means giving more to his fall in love with them a little bit, too.  :wow:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@Tofu Oh my. I ♥ the photoshoot. It helps that Na In Woo is good-looking :lmao2: I do like this pairing. There's one short scene from the episode 3 preview that had me :laugh:... that's Na In Woo doing this expression with his eyes (=__=) at Seohyun when she asked him to blow her knee. :lmao2:

Uh oh, Soo Kwang has been found by his friend

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 6/21/2022 at 10:10 AM, twink_twink_ said:

that's why the story feel light not dragging too much on each obstacle between the characters.

Yes true. I am glad the story moves at a good pace ..in fact I was surprised how much happened in the 1st two episodes.

New stills...looks like Chief Wang is going the get SeulBi's help

optimize

On 6/21/2022 at 8:50 AM, Tofu said:

How cute are these two?

They look so good together. 

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

It seems a little too fast for everyone to know that Soo Kwang is still alive, but I really hope that Min Joon is a good person. I can't tell at this point if Min Joon likes Seul Bi or he feels bad for her because of what his father is doing/has done to her. 

Speaking of Min Joon, I'm happy to see that Ki Do Hoon's acting has improved. When I was watching Once Again, his acting was a bit awkward at times. He has since improved and I don't see much of that in drama. 

Excited to see what kind of adventures they will have in Busan next week!! 

I end this post with how adorable Soo Kwang was thinking about Seul Bi, who was throwing up in the bathroom. Haha! 

JAF-01.gif

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM Indeed the kiss isn't romantic at all if we are going to be realistic LOL LOL! Assuming Seul Bi didn't "wash up", it can only mean that's a vomit taste first kiss :lmao2:

Agree @Tofu. I hope Min Joon will be a good second lead ALL the way. I want him to. Please don't turn evil on us. Plus his cousin, uncle and father are already the villain, there is no need for him to be one and if he lets Seul Bi go free, Seul Bi can still help him back whenever he needed to! And I can see he wants to show he's using his true ability without relying on Seul Bi's power.

• Haha 1