Mysterious Lotus Casebook 吉祥纹莲花楼 [2023]

Tofu

Well, I've watched the whole lot. I managed to get through the last six with my mediocre Chinese and the show didn't let me down. Thankfully. I think the ending was the right one for this show. It's what Li Lianhua wanted except that everyone kept dragging him into things. Of course he had a strong sense of loyalty and obligation too which is why he got himself embroiled in the Nanyin fiasco.

Xiao Zijin and Shan Gudao were such losers from beginning to end. That final plot twist was pretty good. A nice slap in the face for Shan Gudao I might add.

The fight scenes at the end were pretty darn good as @OsmanthusTea promised. (The mention of old HK movies made me nostalgic. And of course I loved Jet Li in The Once Upon a Time in China series.) I think Fox Volant had slightly better choreo but this one was no slouch either. I think Cheng Yi was a perfect fit for the role. His sword wielding scenes are just pure elegance.

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma

Many complained about the ending but for me it's a very fitting one. Similar with NiF, since the beginning the drama constantly hinting about the his ending especially after the mural in the pagoda seen by the Emperor and LLH's lineage is exposed, his existence  became a threat to the current emperor. Every emperor alive is always paranoid and won't let a slight threat to his throne simply passed.

I don't know if you watched the extra parts. There are 7 extras included in the express. 6 are bts and one  extended version.

CY is amazing while wielding sword in long wig. He wields it like he meant it (with real power) not only dancing with it.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Clapping Hands 2

I finished the drama and I'd admit, I did have to FF some parts in the middle of the series. There were just a few stories/things happening, that I didn't care for. I loved the fight at the end and that plot twist was great! 

I also agreed that the ending was what I expected because it's what Li Lianhua wanted. He learned from the mistake he made ten years ago, plus he's no longer the Li Xiangyi they all known him to be. He's happy living a quiet life --- it's probably less pressure for him anyway. 

• Clapping Hands 1