Mysterious Lotus Casebook 吉祥纹莲花楼 [2023]

Tofu

What has happened so far  

Wow , LLH , LLH's first love and DFS

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b4fc628a447d0013c2

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71120e7af9f66b98f90

This scene was done so well. She is longing for her true love and wants him next to her. She has been waiting for so long . 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Wow , epsiode 12 was sad. Seeing LLH talk abouthis past self ,it made sad.  Does everyone agree with LLH that LXY was arrogant and lost his way?? @Tofu @SilverMoonTea @40somethingahjumma Was Li Xiang Yi really arrogant as he thought and lost his vision on why Sigu Sect was created. I don't think he was truly lost or arrogant, he was just trying tp save lives. Maybe how he went about things was wrong but his intentions was correct.  I don't think Li Xiang Yi didn't love his Senior brother when he prove he does love him. He regretted his words to his Senior brother when he heard he died. He even gave up on the sect since he believe everyone thinks he is a burden to them. 

Now I am kinda confused , it startint to seem like he was a bit lost and now ( the present) he sees things clearly but he actually doesn't see clearly at all. ...

PS. Pardon my comment above... It is all over the place lol 

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

@UnniSara

I'm on eps 13 and yes, LXY was indeed an arrogant son of the biscuit in the past. He grew up on the street under such hard condition and at the age of 15-20 he was reigning as the top fighter of JiangHu with thousands of underlings hence his head grew. The same arrogance prompted him to went all out attacking JinYuan Alliance in order to get his shi xiong's dead body that destroyed his own sect and killed thousands of his underlings.

The realisation of his arrogance that prevents him to go back to his sect. He has a heart of stone too. He felt little when his fiancee burned the pouch and when his underling confessed his sin in poisoning him.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Sorry guys tried ep 1 and not into this. Not feeling the bromance nor liking the story or the 2nd character detective. 

It is okay, I wasn't feeling the bromance but for Cheng Yi I kept watching.  Now I am so invested because of LXY & DFS bromance that i 

WARNING !!!

Spoiler

There will be a sad ending 

@OsmanthusTea  When I watch LLH talk about his past self , it makes me so sad to hear about it.  Cheng Yi is such a good actor, that when he palys evil , arrogant , i can't help but sympathize with his character. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I'm up to Episode 14. I had an urge to drop it but then another potential murder mystery popped up so I got sucked back in.

The show's okay. Nowhere nearly as good as Ancient Detective or The Blood of Youth. My biggest problem with this is the weak world building and honestly Fan Duobing's shtick is getting a bit old. He lacks common sense and self-awareness. Whines too much. It was kinda funny when Di Feisheng was around but yeah...

I kinda wish people would leave Li Lianhua alone and stop pestering him to do this and that. The man wants to die... just let him. Honestly, I don't blame him with these two naggy characters around him.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

How is everyone already so far? I am only on episode 9. 😥

I'm doing fine and up to date with the eps. After the pretty disaster of AnLe (don't get me wrong, I'm still watching....:PsyWhat:), this drama is a breeze of fresh air....:cool: But I do agreed with @40somethingahjumma regarding Fan DuoBing, I'm a bit tired of his stupidity....

CY!! What's wrong with you!?!? :PsyWhat:

https://twitter.com/Cpop_Melon/status/1683458032150401029?s=20

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just like @40somethingahjumma I have been lured away by  Lost You Forever starrring Yang Zi ( I am a big Fan of hers) , Zhang Wan Yi, Deng Wei. For now they have my attention. I am up ep 15 of Mysterious Lotus Case book @Tofu.  

@OsmanthusTea  FBD is very child like and needs to grow up. He has been fooled way to much and refuses to think, he is exactly like LLH names him as a Meathead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/28/2023 at 8:48 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Sorry guys tried ep 1 and not into this. Not feeling the bromance nor liking the story or the 2nd character detective. 

I've tried 2 episodes and don't like the 2nd ML too. His acting is sub-par.

Are the cases/mystery as good as those in A League of Nobleman?

On 7/28/2023 at 9:30 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

Darling!! This is Cheng Yi! CHENG YI!! 😂😂

Is he a special actor? Not very good looking leh 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 6

Up to Episode 20...

This Li Lianhua... honestly... if he weren't a pugilist or a physician, he should be a con man. The tales spun by him without batting an eyelash are a hoot. But what has really taken the cake this time round is his conversation with the amnesia stricken Di Feisheng. He missed his true calling as a grifter. 

"I'm your master." LOL

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Haha 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I really liked the last 12 episodes. The hilltop mansion case was okay but had an important message. I found amnesiac A'Fei's dynamic with both Li Lianhua and Fang Duobing quite hilarious. I miss it now that he's regained his memories. I'm glad that Li Lianhua's identity is now out in the open because it's pretty painful watching him get misunderstood when he's been sacrificing himself to save everyone. I've been thinking Li Xiangyi must have been quite something in his heyday because even with less than 10% of his previous power, he's still thrashing everyone. I'm glad this show's come good (unlike another show which we won't name) and hopefully we get a logical and consistent resolution. 

Frankly they should just destroy the Ice pieces so nobody can activate the Doomsday device.

I hear that iQiyi will be doing a big dump of episodes for a few extra bucks so the show will be ending earlier than previously scheduled.

• Like 2