Thank You, Doctor 谢谢你医生 [2022]

Tofu

Thank You, Doctor 谢谢你医生

00808pi-Xly1h7o8sbl0uaj32bc1av4qq.jpg

Chinese Title: 谢谢你医生 / Xie Xie Ni, Yi Sheng
English Title: Thank You, Doctor
Novel: ICU48小时 by Sheng Li 
Director: Zhang Rui (Previous work: The Old Dream)
Screenwriter: Zhou Yong (Previous work: Lighter and Princess)
Genre: Medical
Episodes: 40
Broadcasting Network: iQIYI, TencentVideo
Airing Date: November 4th, 2022

Synopsis

A story that follows doctors of the newly-established EICU who rely on their medical expertise to save every patient. Overcoming differences, they pour their hearts and soul into preserving life. Returning from abroad, Xiao Yan carries the pains of having lost her fiancee as she arrives at Tongshan Hospital. Despite being gruff and tough on the outside, Xiao Yan is remarkably meticulous on the operating table as she conducts surgeries with machine precision. Once the high and mighty doctor, Bai Shu adopts a terminal patient and starts to believe in finding hope in the most desperate situations. Through their daily interactions, two people who have their own convictions and preconceived judgments towards one another gradually come to accept each other as they discover many things in common. (Credit)

Official Websites 
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 1

Cast.

Fgmr-SP9-VQAIl-OU4.jpg

Yang Mi as Xiao Yan

Fgmr-SP5-Uc-AAa-Qjf.jpg

Bai Yu as Bai Shu

Xi Mei Juan as Wu Xiuzhu

Zhang Zhi Jian as Jiang Chongjing

You Ben Chang as Chen Chuanshu

Liu Jia as Lin Ruoyun

Wu Yu Fang as Aunt Li

Bai Zhi Di as Zhang Guirong

Qiao Zhen Yu as Lin Zhiyuan

Fan Lei as Yu Jianguo

Wang Yi Nan as Jiang Shan

Li Jie as Lu Pingan

Li Dong Heng as Xu Yiran

Jiang Rui Jia as Tang Hua

Guo Xiao Ting as Zheng Yajie

Liu Yan Chen as Doctor Chen

Chen Liang Yan as Lin Zhi

Li Ying as Ge Hong

Zhang Ming Can as Yu Mingming

Zhu Wei Min as Father Yu

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tofuam I going to talk alone by myself here ? :pandascared: Well fine :pandahappy:

Somehow I always ended up loving C medical drama , but seems nobody watching it 😅

* Dr Bai is such a tsundere. He started to showed so much affection and care to XY. His eyes started to always following her too 🥰

* I'm pretty sad with Director Lu one sided love to the nurse. He's really a good guy. He helped her unconditionally. 

* The case all so sad, and quite realistic to real life. 

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 weeks later...

As a whole I can never get into C medical dramas no matter how much I try. You are My Hero is the exception and only because the male lead is a cop so the show flips flops between medical and police stuff.

I'm currently watching Yang Mi in She and Her Perfect Husband. Watching her as a lawyer and a doctor might cause a brain overload. 

• Haha 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Okay, I succumbed and took a look because it was on Viki. (Now that I have a paid account I'm watching all kinds of stuff) I have a bit of time. And before I knew I was on Episode 6. 

The set up in Episode 1 was one of the best I've ever seen in a C drama and by the end of that episode I was tearing up over Grandpa and Grandma. Gee. I don't think I've sobbed this much in a drama since Ordinary Greatness. This is almost as good as Hospital Playlist although the characters are nowhere near as likeable to begin with. Except for Yang Mi's character who has her head screwed on right. It tends to be a bit preachy but I can live with it. Bai Yu is good in it although his character desperately needs to eat humble pie.

Good recommendation @SilverMoonTeaI haven't watched a medical drama in a really long time so it definitely hits the spot.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Thanks 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjummaI'm on the other side with you, I felt the episode 1 is slow and looks like a remake of Descendant of The Sun somehow 😅 But I still watching it, because the ML quite intriguing. He's like a Mr.Know-It-All, but there is something soft and fragile quality in him. And suddenly without knowing I already watched almost all available episodes.

I'm at 37 now, can you believe? For a serial drama dropper, this is like "huge achievement" 😂

Bai Yu really nailed this role in my opinion, I like seeing him rushing to save patients, and the more you look at him the more charming he become. At first I can't decide if he's attractive or not? 🤣

As of Yang Mi, she's always likeable to me. And her strong but calm character here quite nice to see. I have total girl crush on her, because she's so pretty. I'm trying She and Her Perfect Husband, but can't get into it 😅

And I felt all the supporting actors & actresses also do a good job here. I'm fond with all the noisy friends and the bosses & the nurses too. All the patients also do a good job catering all the emotional rollercoaster story. 

• Clapping Hands 1

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@40somethingahjummaI'm on the other side with you, I felt the episode 1 is slow and looks like a remake of Descendant of The Sun somehow 😅 But I still watching it, because the ML quite intriguing. He's like a Mr.Know-It-All, but there is something soft and fragile quality in him. And suddenly without knowing I already watched almost all available episodes.

I'm at 37 now, can you believe? For a serial drama dropper, this is like "huge achievement" 😂

It's a good show so it's understandable. For some reason the C dramas this year seem to be better than K dramas. I can't believe how low the rating is on MDL though. 

The patient stories are pretty good and tug at the heart strings. Reminds me of Hospital Playlist although there are aspects of this show I like more. It's more realistic about the ability of doctors to save patients and says a lot of important things about patient-centred care/informed consent which I heartily agree with.

As expected the leads butt heads for a while. I don't mind it when there are philosophical differences and differences in perspective. That's bound to happen with headstrong people. Gradually though Bai Shu is able to see Xiao Yan's perspective and they begin to have better teamwork. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally reached ep 40. The romance is really enduring. I guess she's still not ready to move on, which is understandable. It's a little sad that she need to get pushed to the limit by witnessing the man she loves get injured again. 

@Tofu@40somethingahjummaThis drama managed to keep me for such long episodes, because couple not sailing until at very last minute 😅 And it's not even giving full closure at that haha, just big hint that they're end game.