2022 | Under The Queen's Umbrella [tvN]

2023 | Duty After School [TVING]

2024 | Wedding Impossible [tvN]

🎥 Movie

Pending

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
18 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my @mademoiselle this love is deep ...you even open a thread. What is his next drama? 

Wahh I didn't even know that he was in a variety before this. 

I was just bored :lmao2:

Next one is "Duty After School", but not a main role. Waiting for "Wedding Impossible" to confirm. I'm watching this variety of his and it feels like I'm watching the variety show in the drama, Love is for Suckers. LOLLL. I don't understand why he went on this show to be honest. I don't even think he really dated the girl he paired up with.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm watching the variety show in the drama, Love is for Suckers. LOLLL. I don't understand why he went on this show to be honest. I don't even think he really dated the girl he paired up with.

A lot of these dating variety shows tend to have a similar template. I watched Singles Inferno last year & I don't think anyone really dated post the show.

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

43 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

A lot of these dating variety shows tend to have a similar template. I watched Singles Inferno last year & I don't think anyone really dated post the show.

You did? If it weren't for Sang Min, I wouldn't have watched it coz I'm not a fan of dating programs. Plus the whole time they were all quite awkward with one another — all of them. But this one at least is short and no bitchiness. I only watched from episode 4 onwards because he joined late. Thought it was funny how everything becomes awkward (like the boys sensed threats) when he appeared. Plus, he wore all blue and so tall and the best looking amongst them that you can't possibly not feel threatened. I swear I was 😲 when the girls still show interest to the other boys other than him! There was a pretty girl in there too that he was at first having good first impression because she warmly welcomed him. It was hilarious that he went from having only one girl asking him out to three dates in a day on the last day! 😂 Though one of them wasn't a real date.

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle usually not a fan of dating shows as we have seen in Love From Suckers, that there is nothing real about these so call "reality" shows. All set up and good editing. But I ended up watching Singles Inferno because my mum was watching it & found it quite interesting then. My mum has watched quite a few of these as she sometimes gets bored of watching dramas. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle usually not a fan of dating shows as we have seen in Love From Suckers, that there is nothing real about these so call "reality" shows. All set up and good editing. But I ended up watching Singles Inferno because my mum was watching it & found it quite interesting then. My mum has watched quite a few of these as she sometimes gets bored of watching dramas. 

I'm in drama drought that I'm watching the web series Moon Sang Min was in :laugh:. I just finished "The Mermaid Prince". These series have English subs and readily available on YouTube. I'm surprised this drama (more like a 2-hrs movie) the male lead is ASTRO's Moonbin (Cha Eun Woo's bandmate) and second lead is SF9's Hwiyoung (Rowoon's bandmate).

Can this mean Rowoon and Moon Sang Min could have met already? I would love to see these two 190 cm tall boys standing side by side! :pandablush:

OK, I'm off to watch the other two web series he's in on YouTube.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

WHAT?! He was on a dating show? Wait...they have one for people in highschool?! Dating show should be for people in their 20s, you need to know if the person you're dating is financially stabled. You both can't be bums together. :lmao2:

I watch a few dating shows with my BFF. My favorite part about it is the beginning when everyone meet each other. It's always interesting to know what people do for a living and how old they are. Haha! 

I am in a drama slump too -- watching way less than I usually am. I'm watching two right now (Alchemy and one Chinese). Both are martial arts/wuxia related so I guess you can tell what kind of drama I'm into right now. :laugh:

• Haha 2

@Tofu I just finished "Colours of Time" and nearly fell asleep. Maybe I should have started from 2019 → present instead because then his acting don't look so stiff to me.

43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

WHAT?! He was on a dating show? Wait...they have one for people in highschool?! Dating show should be for people in their 20s, you need to know if the person you're dating is financially stabled. You both can't be bums together. 

Bwahahaha! Teens at that age wouldn't be thinking about financial stability*. They just want to have fun! They are already drinking soju on the show... wouldn't that mean they are of age? It's a 2019 show so he'd have been around 18-19 (or lunar year 19-20). Sang Min and two of the girls met up again after 3-4 months after the show aired and chatted about the show, reading some comments. I think these two became his college classmates because I recognised their faces in the cover photo of the below video.

https://youtu.be/--5987BAPBE

*He's gaining fame; his financial prospect is looking good. :lenny:

43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I watch a few dating shows with my BFF. My favorite part about it is the beginning when everyone meet each other. It's always interesting to know what people do for a living and how old they are. Haha!

Eon years ago I did watch some reality shows (western). I remember most of the men on the show introduced their profession as "entrepreuneurs". It's so broad and vague, what in the heck does that even mean? To me it's just a posh way of saying I am "unemployed". 🙄

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

@abs-oluteM @Tofu I completed all the web series. This boy... says he wants to be in noona-dongsaeng romance right? All the FL he was paired with in these web series are noona! The oldest being 10 years apart. 😤 "4 Reasons Why I hate Christmas" is actually more watchable than "Colours of Time".

Most of the characters he played are very much like Seong Nam. The stoic, quiet kind except in The Mermaid Prince.

• Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle is it the dream of many actors to do noona dongsaeng romance? Kdramas seem to love it so much . :heiboi:

I thought it was the lack of good actress (in acting) from the same age group but maybe guys do like dating noona because they would get the TLC from the lady whereas if the girl is younger the men have to give the TLC. 😆🤣

Wasn't there a saying the men end up picking their mother as wife and the women pick father as husband?

• Haha 1

I don't get the fascination with noona-dongsaeng type dramas too. I don't mind them if visually both leads look like they are around the same age. It's harder for me to be engaged in the storyline if it's apparent that one person is much older than the other. In Chinese dramaland, there is an actress I would love to see working with actors around her age, but she end keeps working with younger actors (think idol-ish). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't get the fascination with noona-dongsaeng type dramas too. I don't mind them if visually both leads look like they are around the same age. It's harder for me to be engaged in the storyline if it's apparent that one person is much older than the other. In Chinese dramaland, there is an actress I would love to see working with actors around her age, but she end keeps working with younger actors (think idol-ish). 

Hahahahaha you know I'm in a dilemma about this. There's a tiny part of me that think am I picking on myself since all the Oppa I like now is getting younger :lmao2:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I feel like they will continue to get younger. :laugh:

Hahahaha I'm well aware of that since I'm adopting Oppa born in 2000s now! :laugh:Honestly why would I go for wrinkles when I can look at my own and those around me :lmao2:. My dad's and his friends' hair and facial are all white now! I'm so not used to this!

P.S. Only Choco is still insisting on swooning over Ahjussi. :idk:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1