Celebrity 셀러브리티 [2023]

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@UnniSara Oh, you say Part 1 so is that mean The Witcher S3 will have more episodes?

Yes , there are two part to Witcher Season 3

Part 1 June 29 & Part 2 July 27. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Oh my 

Spoiler

Deep fake !!! 
I have mixed feelings about the acting in  this show 😅. But JunHo’s short cameo at the end was quite the highlight. I would watch him in a second season 😛

I am done with the series. There’s some interesting social commentary in this show, which is relevant to the shallow world we live in . Bottom line for me is that what you see isn’t always the truth. The thing about the use of social media is that with the right spin, superficial “success” is not out of reach . But such success since it’s fleeting & not built on a solid foundation, can easily crumble. I am glad that Ari has decided not to return to that world . The personal cost of her short lived fame was too high 

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes 

Since the episodes were short & my mum was watching it too , so we just went through it . 😃

Oh woah didn't expect he would cameo. I just finished swooning at him in KTL. Will post there later.

I still want to finish this drama for its topic.

• Clapping Hands 2
36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh woah didn't expect he would cameo. I just finished swooning at him in KTL. Will post there later.

I still want to finish this drama for its topic.

Story wise , I think the drama is interesting . So I think still a decent watch 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The drug overdose scene -- I was getting so upset watching it. There are so many people who die every year because of opioid overdose. There are medications out there that can help reverse this (until they are able to seek medical attention). What's the point of providing CPR if they were not even going to seek medical attention for him? What a temporary shock? There's no such thing, going into shock is a life threatening event. Why would someone just call it "temporary" like it means absolutely nothing? 

And what happened afterwards too....that world is so twisted. :JigglyAngry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I don't understand the point of Jun Ho's cameo at the end 😅. Don't get what it means. LOL

It means the cycle will begin again with another person wishing to climb up the social ladder just like what Ari did 

25 minutes ago, Tofu said:

And what happened afterwards too....that world is so twisted. :JigglyAngry:

It is . I don’t get why anyone wants to be part of that world. Everything is just so fake 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm on episode eight now and my suspicion about the overdose man was correct. It wasn't just a "temporary" shock like they made it out to be. 

They also cremated him without notifying his family? That's crazy! 

• Haha 3

Hahaha, loving your comments @Tofu. It is like a live feedback while you watch.

For me, I just don't understand their mentality. The need for fake love and attention. They think they are different so the way to relieve stress or pressure should be different to others too.

That shoes off scene creeps me out. It actually turned me off of his character than adding points! His explanation kind of make sense of the maids will really freak out of the change, but I also think they will get used to the change too! I think if Ari marries him, that might be the first thing she gets rid of. Lol! I imagine her whacks his head and tells him to take off his shoes and put it in the shelf himself! 🤣

I am still trying to understand bbbfamous' mentality as well. Other than jealousy and envy, I think there are more, I just need time to wrap my head around it. I might never though 🤷

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That shoes off scene creeps me out. It actually turned me off of his character than adding points!

Same. Up until that point I thought he was ok. He didn't make the best impression, but it wasn't like it was bad too. That scene happened and I was like -- nope, Ari cannot be with someone like that. 

45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I am still trying to understand bbbfamous' mentality as well.

I just started episode nine so I am not at the part where they start talking about this person. To me, bbbfamous is almost saying something like they made Ari so they can bring her down any time. It's almost this adaption on the current fan culture -- they are definitely one of the reasons celebrities are famous, but they have this distorted perception of thinking the celebrity belongs to them. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu there are some explanations about bbbfamous at the end. Not much backstory was shared about that person to make it relatable. There are some info though I kinda wish they would explore it a bit more. 

I think bbbfamous wants to be in control and needed.

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

@mademoiselle I binged watched this since this afternoon, and now reaching ep 9. Whoa, who is this bbbfamous? What happened to Ari??? I enjoyed all episodes! I love how Ari beat all those bitches. She always has her way to overcome the crisis. And I dont know why I want her to end up happily with HJK, lols. I don't agree with his personality but dunno why KMH made his character so dashing, I lose my fair judgement 😆

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 4
19 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle I binged watched this since this afternoon, and now reaching ep 9. Whoa, who is this bbbfamous? What happened to Ari??? I enjoyed all episodes! I love how Ari beat all those bitches. She always has her way to overcome the crisis. And I dont know why I want her tnd up happil with HJK, lols. I don't agree wtis personality but dunno why KMH made his character so dashing, I losse my fair judgement 😆

Hahaha! Keep going. You'll find out who it is soon. 3 more episodes to go!

Yeah, Ari tried to do "work" as an influencer in an honest and decent manner. But others refused to let her be forcing her to use others' weaknesses against them.

• Like 4

Done!! At first it was hard to get into the story but the more I watched it gets pretty entertaining. The social media is like 2 blade of knife, it can be useful but also dangerous for the same time. I enjoyed watching it and took a lot life lessons from this 12 hours I spent. so it was fun. And this drama reminds me of Little Women and The Glory, yeah they're not the same one, but they share the same connections. I hope to get more dramas like this in the future. Also, through this I discover my new love for KMH, hahaha. He should do more dramas, be the main lead with nore screen time! 

Ah, what was the ending?? Gu Won's cameo?? 😄 what happen to his Hotel so he become a cleaning service here?? Is it for another sequel?? Next celebrity male version??? 😆 I'm quite loath to watch his recent drama, so if he become the next psycho character it would be interesting. 😄

• Haha 4

I finished the other day and I am also with everyone on how the issue with bbbfamous was wrapped up. I understand the point they were trying to get across but the execution was just a little lackluster/wasn't completely there. 

The romance was ok. It seemed like an afterthought and I almost wished they didn't include it at all. The only time I felt the intensity of their "love" was when they saw each other again at the fashion show after Ari disappeared for a while. 

One thing I enjoyed was seeing how many luxury brands made an appearance in this show -- lots of Hermes bags (not just Birkins and Kellys). Also, even when Ari was "poor" she was wearing some expensive clothes. Haha! 

• Haha 3
On 7/3/2023 at 7:59 AM, Tofu said:

This scene....what?! 

So confused...it's so much harder to get out of a pair of shoes this way. It takes less time if you take it off yourself too. 

That scene popped in my feed which makes me interested to wstch it since quickly judged from that only one scene gives me thoughts "is he plating a snob or psycho one?" And my opinion changes once I watch the whole 12 episodes.

Yea, the worker who does her job so well like that may take her work very seriously. 

On 7/5/2023 at 12:58 AM, Tofu said:

I finished the other day and I am also with everyone on how the issue with bbbfamous was wrapped up.

It would be good if they tell us more on how ari found it. 

On 7/5/2023 at 12:58 AM, Tofu said:

when they saw each other again at the fashion show after Ari disappeared for a while. 

I like this too, keep replaying to this. No words just them eyes locking there. 

• Haha 3

Oh thanks @mademoiselle I watched some parts of it without subs a few days ago and now I watch it fully with eng sub. I understand what they say now. Lols.

I agree with GY that MH's real personality seems pretty goofy. I dont have tiktok now I plan to make one just to see his skit updates there. He is so fun. So he reminds me of CWS, one of my fave oppas. He is also goofy and can be super seriously romantic in another one. 

He should have another new drama as main lead soon, so I can see him again on my screen. 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland there's a danger that once he plays a leading role you might not love him anymore 😆

No, no. I'm quote faithful. 🤭 I have a feeling that my love for him is quite strong, not just a fling. 🤣 So I will still love him, if his drama is good then I will love him more but if not, well, let's hope this is not happened.

So far I like him, in Hospital Ship he played a decent one. But I fall more for him here in Celebrity. I think he comes out with different light now. Looks more dashing! 😍 I never really looking forward for this before, even if you didnt summon me here when it's aired, I might forget this or hesitate to watch it. Cuz the trailer reminds me of Fabulous, I dropped it like a hot potato! So I thought this would one of that kind. Glad, I was proved wrong.

• Haha 3