Celebrity 셀러브리티 [2023]

FynzVQNaUAAxvIC?format=jpg&name=4096x409  FxajQO5acAAlEme?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Drama: Celebrity
  • Revised romanization: Celebrity
  • Hangul: 셀러브리티
  • Director: Kim Cheol-Kyu
  • Writer: Kim Yi-Young
  • Network: Netflix
  • Episodes: 12
  • Release Date: June 30, 2023

Plot Summary

If someone gains fame and popularity on social media, they can also make a lot of money. Seo A-Ri (Park Gyu-Young) jumps into the social media world as an influencer. She makes bold moves that gains her even more followers and is able to use that for her personal gain. While she enjoys her life as a celebrity, she also encounters its uglier side (source: AsianWiki).

Cast

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1
10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The vibe is kind of similar to Famous, but I hope it's nothing like that. Social media can be really toxic so it'll be interesting to see how they touch on that. 

I wonder if they will address the issues of social media. I do often wonder if any of those fame social media influencers get in danger in real life.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Alaaa, are you sure I know? You're the wildest card amongst the Havenites! I will for sure report back. Hopefully it is another good one. Trust me (and us) on Bloodhounds and watch that. LOL!

Uhm Bloodhound I see the trailer but still don't feel like to touch it. Maybe one day haha...

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Funny you are saying this is super pink! I thought that Japanese drama adapted from comic was pretty pinkish as well. xD

Oh yes that one too... you have a good memory. 

Celebrity / idol drama sometimes can be a little hard to watch. Because can't really relate to their life. I think I only watch it because Jun Young is there :lmao2:

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Uhm Bloodhound I see the trailer but still don't feel like to touch it. Maybe one day haha...

The day when you adopt Wo Do Hwan or Lee Sang Yi, right? :lmao2:

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Celebrity / idol drama sometimes can be a little hard to watch. Because can't really relate to their life. I think I only watch it because Jun Young is there

Speaking of Jun Young, I have dropped all his main leading dramas! :PikachuFacePalm:

This one isn't about actor/actress kind of celebrities. I think it's the life of influencer kind of celebs.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle I like the leading ladies but I don’t know if it will have enough interest to keep me. I await your review . I am trying to keep my slots for new premieres in July . 

It does seem like a fresh sort of plot .

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Agreed with @abs-oluteM. The leading men are just ok for me, but I like the leading ladies. 

Is PGY growing out her hair? It's so strange to see her without a short bob. Haha! 

I hope it'll be just as good as Bloodhounds too. I have a better success rate with finishing a drama if all the episodes are out. :heiboi:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Oh yes, true. The leading men are not the lure here. I'm curious about the plot because it seems like she staged and faked her death. I just am not sure is whether she became famous before the death or after.

I did watch Kang MH in his last two romances - both dramas were not great plot wise. Am okay with him but he isn't a strong draw. The plot here though is not something I have seen before. So that could be a good thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM He was the second lead in a drama I watched not too long ago....OMG! That drama that shall not be named with Nana and Lee Minki, right? LOL!

@mademoiselle I would think that if you staged your death, to continue living you would have to live in the middle of nowhere or get plastic surgery so you're unrecognizable. 

• Haha 2
On 6/26/2023 at 2:48 AM, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama I wanna ask you but I know you said you're behind on dramas.

I am behind with my dramas because I'm still travelling, so it's kinda hard to keep up, haha... but I like most of the leads here, so I think I will check this out. Besides, if it's on Netflix, it's easier to download onto my phone to watch while waiting at airport or on the plane. Like @abs-oluteM said, the plot seems fresh. 

:heart: Of course you have to tag me still... I will catch up, I promise.

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

First impression

Episode one is presented in a story-telling format where our heroine, Seo Ari, narrating how everything began. She's seen live broadcasting, ready to tell the world the secrets of how she became a famous influencer when in the beginning, she doesn't even own an Instagram account.

Ari used to be rich and became poor when her father's business failed. Her mum owns an alteration shop in Gangnam and she sells cosmetics for a living. At the time, a fight broke out between 2 famous influencers (Biniimom and Wang Rora). Wang Rora released a private message between her and Biniimom on her SNS. The other influencers were pissed because the content of the messages Binimom and Wang Rora badmouthing them. Stuck in between these influencers is Yoon Shi Hyun (Lee Chung Ah), who is rich and married Jin Tae Jeon (Jang Dong Gun). She's the sister-in-law of Chae Hee (one of the pissed off influencers). She seems like a classy woman and doesn't use SNS, but her hubby and her uses influencers to help them promote.

Seo Ari bumped into her high school friend, Min Hye, who is one of the pissed off influencers as well, and she became curious how someone like Min Hye could become a fame influencer. Min Hye decided to ditch Biniimom and wanted to take Ari thinking Ari graduated from Ivy League and would make herself look good amongst her peers. Ari decided to go to the party to find out how Min Hye became famous.

Her mum made her wear a beautiful one-piece Saint Laurent someone from the alteration shop to the party. Turned out the dress belongs to Shi Hyun's, but Shi Hyun did not expose her. Just when Ari comes clean about not attending Ivy League, Biniimom barged into the party grabbing Min Hye's hair, angered by the fact that Min Hye was the one who shut her out of the party. From this, Ari learns the first secret to fame...

So guys, happy to report that episode 1 is good. Very engaging from the beginning and there is a mystery... because Ari is supposed to be dead (this is in the preview so I don't think it is a spoiler!). As expected, I think it's an interesting and refreshing topic being explored coupled with some nice dramatic mystery.

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate @SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama @Tofu @JenL @UnniSara @stroppyse @ssteph @Alice Wonderland @LaLa @im0202

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Character Chart

Fz1zObJakAEuFar?format=jpg&name=large

Finished 3 episodes so far. I thought Lee Chung Ah and Kang Min Hyuk playing high school classmates/former lovers were a bit non-matching. Mainly because Lee Chung Ah look a lot more older than Min Hyuk. In real life she's 38 whilst he's 32, so it's not convincing they are supposed to be the same age in the drama.

Amongst the Gabin Ladies Society (not even sure what this means), Jin Chae Hee's demeaner is the worst. She supposedly had the most followers but she comes across the most vulgar and non-elegance of all the ladies.

I really like Park Gyu Young's looks in the drama. Her haircut looks so simple and straight but it really suits her. She stands out among the girlie influencers too where they are all so fake and doll up whereas she's the cool banana kind.

When Wang Lee Hom's scandals broke out it's when I first learnt that you could "buy" followers and comments for your account. Or was it Park Bo Gum's drama, Record of Youth, I learnt about this? Anyway, the point is this is true — as once again, it's mentioned in this drama.

The show also further reveal when you're at different levels of followers, you get "sponsored" by brands. @SilverMoonTea Imagine all the free make up you no longer need to buy. :laugh:

Next up in episode 4, a cameo from Seo In Ha. @Rina, are you watching this for In Ha's cameo?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for tagging me, will definetley watch this drama. So glad it is only 12 episode. @mademoiselle  :wow:.  This show came out after Witcher Season 3 part 1.  Will watch once i finish Witcher

• Clapping Hands 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoiselle should I watch this first or 19th Life? They're both on Netflix, so downloadable to my phone. I am caught up with KingLand, but have not started with 19th Life, just about to start it. Same premise it seems, hotel stuff...

Oooh. Tough one. Are you flying again? If so, I think Celebrity first because I cried for 19th Life at the end of episode 3. Plus Celebrity has dropped all episodes so if you wanna keep watching, you can do that on the plane. 19th Life only has 4 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1