Welcome to Samdalri 웰컴투 삼달리 [2023-2024]

Episode 15

Gyeong Tae is hilarious, gosh, I love it when he nags Samdal and Yong Pil to sign a no break up deed because he doesn't want to lose contact with either one of them again. Hail to their friendship. Aww.

I really like how natural JCW and SHS are when they were sleeping together – in this episode as well as the previous. 

And ah, glad the mystery of that scarf has been revealed. Interesting. And here I thought there were some sentimental value to it. I wonder how much they will expose her, because Samdal is quite soft-hearted, I'm not sure she will agree to give her back a taste of what she went through to Eun Joo. But I hope she does, because justice needs to be served.

From the preview, it looks like Samdal wants Yong Pil to follow his dream. I love that she's supportive, but does that mean distance relationship or she'll follow him to Switzerland. There's plenty of lovely photos to take there, too!

Some scenes in this episode puts me in a funny situation, lol, I find myself laughing at first and then cries in the next second. I'm so moved by the villagers all banding up to help Samdal, and gather together to discuss how to get around the reporters. It was a very touching moment for me. Same with the scene where first we see only Samdal and Yong Pil heading towards the Weather station, and then there's super cool Omma leading the Haenyeo team in their quad bikes following behind, and then Sang Do in his sports car and the rest of the friends. Awwwww :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle Love this show loads and very glad you got me to watch this. If I were to think about it, there's nothing out of the ordinary about the story line nor is it one of those mind boggling shows. In fact because it is so simple  and straightforward, that anyone could have written this. But yet it is one of those shows that had me in tears so very often and kept me invested. No doubt we had a great cast, but the magic for me is really in the heartfelt conversations. In fact, I chose to watch this first today over My Demon simply because this show always makes me happy. While with MD, the leads carried the show , here it is not just the main pairing that I liked. I found myself interested in the side characters and side romances, and it felt like these were characters had some depth/ layers and development

YP's dad letting go of his grudge towards omma was so moving. Then seeing the entire village or town come together to support and protect Sam Dal warmed my heart. It's come full circle for Sam Dal having come back as a wounded puppy being so worried about the gossip, to truly realised how much she is loved. 2 new romances budding there and a reunion for big sis with her ex ( they are so adorably funny!) . I am glad that they are even paying tribute to the hanyeo's work by possibly having the youngest sister do this. 

What I want for the finale is simple - an intimate wedding for our leads and Yong Pil go to Switzerland to fulfil his dreams. SD can always go with him. 

---------------------------

I believe she is going to make an appearance in support of the writer who wrote Hi Bye Mama

NISI20240121_0001463967_web.jpg?rnd=2024

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle Love this show loads and very glad you got me to watch this. If I were to think about it, there's nothing out of the ordinary about the story line nor is it one of those mind boggling shows. In fact because it is so simple  and straightforward, that anyone could have written this. But yet it is one of those shows that had me in tears so very often and kept me invested. No doubt we had a great cast, but the magic for me is really in the heartfelt conversations.

I'm so glad you watched this, too. I also thought, finally, and you know why. Hahaha! I'm also glad I didn't drop this when I felt frustrated with Samdal at first. You are right that the story is quite ordinary, but once in a while, we do need a story with new casts to tell another ordinary story. 

Samdal's art exhibition comes back full in circle, and this time, she's truly exhibiting photographs of "her people". I was in tears seeing all of the characters on the wall. Her parents, sisters, her friends, and "her Cho Yong Pil". Awwww. I wish I knew what that reporter wrote about it.

After several not-so-great drama choices, I'm so happy Ji Chang Wook got involved with this drama production. It's been a while since Healer that I enjoyed a drama by him. I did belatedly watch Lovestruck in the City, and liked his performance, but the show itself wasn't as great. 

The pose by the friends crack me up! LOL!

421346338-912270326935446-30418030332515
421388299-912270343602111-61656663855441

Spoiler

421385928-912270300268782-56656343700774421353531-912270316935447-58991926066278
421406015-912270283602117-62278333481150
421441357-912270286935450-39292232606812
421406416-912270323602113-15247283001937

Now that the show has ended, @JenL, I can say it's worth the watch. It's one of those feel-good-encouraging drama.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

After several not-so-great drama choices, I'm so happy Ji Chang Wook got involved with this drama production. It's been a while since Healer that I enjoyed a drama by him. I did belatedly watch Lovestruck in the City, and liked his performance, but the show itself wasn't as great. 

I know how you feel ..it's been awhile since I have enjoyed a romance by JCW . Actually Love Struck was not bad...though there were lots of frustrating bits.

I am just happy with how they wrapped up this entire show. I was hoping for a lil wedding for YP and SD , but I am glad too that the focus was on going after your dreams. After all everyone who had returned back to Jeju had suffered some form of failure , so it was important that everyone got a second chance at success . Though for me I don't see returning to Jeju as a second best option, since it is a beautiful place and you can always have a wonderful life there. But perhaps from a domestic audience perspective, making it in Seoul was some sort of measure of that you've made it . 

Just wondered if @ktcjdrama @Dhakra and @40somethingahjumma finished this one.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now that the show has ended, @JenL, I can say it's worth the watch. It's one of those feel-good-encouraging drama.

Hahaha It actually sounds lovely. If only I could get over my ick for Ji Chang Wook :laugh: 

Sounds mean, but I just got too disappointed over his last couple of dramas that l can't take that risk :psweatduck:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

BTS

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha It actually sounds lovely. If only I could get over my ick for Ji Chang Wook :laugh: 

Sounds mean, but I just got too disappointed over his last couple of dramas that l can't take that risk :psweatduck:

Trust me and @abs-oluteM, he totally redeemed himself in this one. He's a sweetie in here. HONEST!

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yes I have finished it @abs-oluteM And yes, it's worth watching @JenL

On 1/22/2024 at 3:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

Samdal's art exhibition comes back full in circle, and this time, she's truly exhibiting photographs of "her people". I was in tears seeing all of the characters on the wall. Her parents, sisters, her friends, and "her Cho Yong Pil". Awwww. I wish I knew what that reporter wrote about it.

Yes I love the exhibition too... though I wonder, without publicity, who will come for the exhibition? I wish they show people coming to see the exhibition, even if it's just the nearby residents.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes I love the exhibition too... though I wonder, without publicity, who will come for the exhibition? I wish they show people coming to see the exhibition, even if it's just the nearby residents.

Yeah, I wanted to know too. Maybe via the news article by that reporter, relevant people in the industry did visit. But I also think it's probably besides the point of doing the exhibition since she never anticipated outsiders to come, so it didn't matter whether people came or not per the storyline.

• Insightful 2
On 1/22/2024 at 12:39 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, I did and I will miss watching this little gem each week dearly. 

But I have to say, I do sometimes critizise dramas for not wrapping up all stories and not giving each character a satisfying end. So I somewhat enjoyed their approach of really giving every single charachter and their fishes a "good" ending, but at the same time, it somewhat felt like candy christmas land. Everyone at the end is succesful, all of them find love, marry again or find their mystery love.
Maybe Sang-Do should have told Sam-Dal that she was the girl he loved, writer-nim would have cloned her to give him a proper end aswell. I was surprised they didn't resurrect Yong-Pils Mom aswell. 

Man-Su being some bored rich sheik was also a bit silly. For a moment I thought I was watching 'Manhole'.

Due to this, especially after the two year skip, it all felt like a little......fanservicey and not true to the drama. I loved the former approach of not everything being gold, divorce, single mom, failing, it felt more like life. I would have loved all of them staying in Jeju aswell.

This also lead to the fact that the actualy end felt a little unsatisfying, for pretty much 16 episodes we were awaiting the final moment of Sam Dals recovery, the moment the world finds about she was innocent and Bang Eun Ju's House of Cards going down.
But we pretty much only got a phone call and one small scene  of Bang finding out in her hotel room. I was hoping to see a scene of her mother aswell. It all felt not satisfying enough considering SD went to hell multiple times through her lies. I would have loved to see more consequences. 

Overall though, I liked the ending, the drama was a highlight each week, I will miss it dearly and have to see if I can replace it with a drama soon that is similiar in style.

• Clapping Hands 2
On 1/22/2024 at 9:39 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Just finished this today. Loved the last few episodes especially. 

It's been a good six months for Ji Chang-wook. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.