Welcome to Samdalri 웰컴투 삼달리 [2023-2024]

F-ay3-ZUb-UAEn-N4-D.jpg

Spoiler

F-S7b-AHa-EAAFb88.jpg  398692758-869462594549553-4918827708209348905-n.jpg

F-a7-Q-Vao-AAsd-DD.jpg  F-ay3-ZOb-QAAMV3-I.jpg

F-23-G8uak-AAa-V8m.jpg

Plot Summary

Jo Yong-Pil (Ji Chang-Wook) works as a weather forecaster in Jeju island. He is famous for being an uncontrollable person at the meteorological agency. When he thinks he is right, he is not afraid of expressing his view to even the administrator at the meteorological agency. He first wanted to become a weather forecaster after his mother died due to an incorrect weather forecast. She worked as a female diver. Jo Yong-Pil was born and raised at Samdalri on Jeju island. He loves his hometown of Samdalri and Jeju Island so much and he still lives there and takes care of the elders at Samdalri. He has a childhood friend, Jo Sam-Dal (Shin Hye-Sun). They were born in the same year and grew up together in Samdalri. Even though they were close for many years, they grew apart.

Jo Sam-Dal is a famous photographer who works under the alias of Jo Eun-Hye in Seoul. She reached the pinnacle of her profession after working very hard as an assistant for 8 years in the fashion photography industry. Due to an event, she loses her photography career and her life collapses. She returns to her hometown of Samdalri, which is a place she always wanted to leave. Jo Yong-Pil and Jo Sam-Dal meet again after many years and their relationship develops romantically (source: AsianWiki).

Character Chart

20231128-103347-9826.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Ji Chang Wook And Shin Hye Sun Confirmed For New Romance Drama By “When The Camellia Blooms” Director

20230619003641_Ji-Chang-Wook-Shin-Hye-Su

It’s official: Ji Chang Wook and Shin Hye Sun will be starring together in a new romance drama!

On June 19, JTBC confirmed that the two actors would be playing the leads in its upcoming drama “Welcome to Samdalri” (literal title).

Helmed by “When the Camellia Blooms” director Cha Young Hoon, “Welcome to Samdalri” will star Ji Chang Wook as Jo Yong Pil, a man who has faithfully stayed in his hometown on Jeju Island all his life in order to protect its residents.

After losing his mother, who worked as a haenyeo (female diver that harvests sea life for a living), at a young age due to a mistaken weather report, Jo Yong Pil makes up his mind to become a weather forecaster and protect the elders of his hometown. However, his passion and refusal to let misinformation slide earns him a reputation at work as a stubborn troublemaker who isn’t afraid to argue with his boss.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye Sun will star as Jo Sam Dal, who grew up together with Jo Yong Pil as his close childhood friend. Unlike Jo Yong Pil, who was content to remain in his hometown of Samdalri, Jo Sam Dal made it her mission to get out of their small town and move to Seoul.

After years of toiling away as an assistant in the fashion photography industry, Jo Sam Dal—who changes her name to Jo Eun Hye in Seoul—finally succeeds and makes it to the top. However, when everything she’s worked so hard to build comes crashing down in the blink of an eye, she returns to Samdalri, where people still know her as Sam Dal and not Eun Hye.

Although Jo Yong Pil and Jo Sam Dal used to be joined at the hip when they were younger, these once inseparable friends are no longer in contact with one another due to an incident that drove them apart. But when Jo Sam Dal returns to Samdalri, they find that the longtime affection they once had for one another comes rushing back all too easily.

“Welcome to Samdalri” is currently scheduled to premiere in the second half of 2023.

source

Hometown Cha Cha Cha Deja vu :pandathink:

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shin Hye Sun, Kang Mina, And Shin Dong Mi Are Unstoppable Sisters In “Welcome To Samdalri”

20231110075446_samdalri-1.jpeg?s=900x600

JTBC’s “Welcome to Samdalri” has unveiled new stills of the drama’s legendary sisters!

Helmed by “When the Camellia Blooms” director Cha Young Hoon, “Welcome to Samdalri” will star Ji Chang Wook as Jo Yong Pil, a man who has faithfully stayed in his hometown on Jeju Island all his life in order to protect its residents. Shin Hye Sun will play Jo Sam Dal, who grew up together with Jo Yong Pil as his close childhood friend. Unlike Jo Yong Pil, who was content to remain in his hometown Samdal, Jo Sam Dal made it her mission to get out of their small town and move to Seoul.

The newly released stills feature the famous three sisters of Samdalri—Jo Jin Dal (Shin Dong Mi), Jo Sam Dal, and Jo Hae Dal (Kang Mina)—who are each known as the strong one, the crazy one, and the cheeky one, respectively.

The eldest Jin Dal is renowned not only in Samdalri but also throughout Jeju Island for her strength. Even delinquent students are afraid to meet Jin Dal as she scolds them harshly.

samdalri-03.jpeg

The second eldest Sam Dal is called “the crazy one” because of her short-tempered personality. Sam Dal makes a fuss every time she faces a situation that is not in favor of her.

Spoiler

samdalri-01.jpeg

The youngest Hae Dal is a significant improvement compared to her two older sisters, but she is called “the cheeky one” as she is not afraid to say things that she wants to say to anybody regardless of their age or gender.

samdalri-02.jpeg

Even though they bicker with each other almost every day due to their distinct personalities, the three become an invincible team and irreplaceable family when they are on the same side.

Spoiler

samdalri-00.jpeg

“Welcome to Samdalri” is set to premiere on December 2 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Strong Girl Namsoon.”

Edited by mademoiselle

@SilverMoonTea was right that Ji Chang Wook was loud—there were just a lot of yelling from him in episode 1. The annoyance worsen when Sam Dal (Shin Hye Sun) threw a drunk tantrum. I swear, if anyone in my house dares to throw a drunk tantrum like that, that person would be kicked outside for the night and sleep with the rubbish bin. I do think there should be a better way to show heartbreak when drunk.

And, what is wrong with that Assistant of hers? That had to be the lowest of low. I may have to watch episode 2 for the full picture, but I don't get why Sam Dal can't just post on her SNS explaining that she's the victim—the Assistant seduced her boyfriend deliberately, and she did it out of spite. This lady pretended to kill herself and accused her of workplace bully, and she let her get away with it, playing the victim? It makes no sense.

With regard to her exhibition, being titled "My People", and the exhibits were photos of the people she took pictures of in the last 15 years of her career. The irony is that the concept of the photos show only the people's back. So when the bully news spread and everyone pulled out of the exhibition, it was kind of poignant and impactful. These people, whom she called "My people", all turned their backs on her. That said, it doesn't make sense that people just assume the worst and not even verify the accusation first.

• Like 2

Liked the first two episodes a lot, I like the calm nature of the drama. Will definitiely be my Rom-Com Watch for the christmas season. JCW acting is on point again, I really liked his character. So funny to see him in a role like this again after just finishing "The Worst of Evil". 

I agree that Sam Dal canceling was a bit shallow, her assistant just wanted to get back at her for the second time after she noticed her seducing plan didn't work as intended. But Sam Dal should have enough voice and methods to make things clear. They say she tried it, but she probably has enough way to spread and post it on her own. 

But plotholes are comming in KDramaland, so I don't care and just watch  nice beautiful lovestory evolve. The drama feels so heartwarming and Jeju really is a small piece of paradise. 

• Clapping Hands 2

BTS

OST 2

Not sure what to feel about this show, really. There are parts that I didn't like, but there are also parts that I do like, especially how she gets drunk and passes out, and the boys would run over to protect her from hurting herself. I think that's very sweet of them.

I'm also curious as to why there are two sides to "who dumped who" story. The whole town thinks Sam Dal dumped Yong Pil, but Sam Dal and her sisters think Yong Pil dumped her. The seaweed fight was hilarious. :laugh:

Also, what's that tension between Sam Dal's Omma and Yong Pil's Appa?

Edited by mademoiselle