Sunshine By My Side 骄阳伴我 [2023]

SilverMoonTea

20230910-103444.jpg

Native Title: 骄阳伴我
Also Known As: Jiao Yang Ban Wo , The Sun Accompanies Me , Sunshine With Me , 驕陽伴我
Director: Wang Jun, Song Xiao Fei
Screenwriter: Li Xiao
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Life
Tags: Age Gap [Real Life], Artist Male Lead, Divorced Female Lead, Older Woman/Younger Man, Life Lesson, Web Series, Multiple Couples 
Episodes: 36
Aired: Sep 1, 2023 - Sep 17, 2023
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Original Network: CCTV iQiyi Tencent Video
Duration: 45 min.

Jian Bing, a well-known advertising director, and Sheng Yang, a newcomer in the industry, randomly crossed paths inside a restaurant one day. One has just ended a marriage, while the other was waiting for a love to finally fall apart. These two strangers eventually developed a bond and began embarking on a journey of sublime growth and budding romance. With the company of Sheng Yang, Jian Bing was able to gain her confidence back both in life and in love whereas Sheng Yang grew up from a young and carefree youth to one with a keen edge under the guidance and encouragement of Jian Bing. The two healed each other, grew up together, and overtime learned to love one another.

However, challenges in life are inevitable. Faced with their differences both in their identities and experiences, objections towards their relationship within their families, and rumors in the workplace escalating, Jian Bing and Sheng Yang finally decided to let their future play out through the course of time. Three years passed, allowing them to grow and change for the better. A lot of their firsts were spent with each other, and this trust they held and the experiences they shared back then went around and finally found them, making them gravitate towards each other again.

Cast

20230910-103516.jpg

20230910-103520.jpg

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Somehow I was surprised this is much better than my expectation. The romance maybe not the full blown fireworks chemistry type. But they seems to be an each other shelter from the harsh of the world reality. Despite their difference on age and social status, they seems to be the happiest when they're with each other. 

SY's parents at first glance looks harmonious and lovely, but they're so explosive when quarel. SY already 26 y.o but haven't move out from their house and actually act as mediator between them. 

I think Xiao Zhan did act well in this drama. He's quite lively and showed a lot of emotion. Actually Bai Bai He character so jaded and it's a little hard to warm up to her. Also it seems SY do more things for her at the moment. Hope to see more of their interaction later. 

Oh and forgot to mention, for me I like to see XZ more in modern drama than in costume period. 

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...