F6-RPGvyb-QAA5h-BB.jpg

Korean Title: Naje Ddeuneun Dal / 낮에 뜨는 달
English Title: Moon In The Day
Adapted From: Webtoon -- The Moon that Rises in the Day by Hye Yoom 
Director: Pyo Min Soo
Writer: Kim Hye Won and Jung Seong Eun
Network: ENA
Episodes: 14
Release Date: November 1st, 2023 (Wednesday/Thursday)
English Subtitle: Viki
Official Website: ENA

Synopsis:
A man whose time has stopped and a woman who flows like a river. It is not a simple love story but a ‘romance thriller’. A story about strife that comes and goes in the past and in the present.

Kang Young Hwa (Pyo Ye Jin) is Han Ri Ta’s reincarnation. Kang Young Hwa is a firefighter-turned-bodyguard, and Han Ri Ta is the sole survivor of a noble family from Daegaya (a city-state) in the Silla Dynasty. Kang Young Hwa’s life completely changed after saving top star Han Jun Oh from a car crash on the day they were filming a public service advertisement together.

Han Jun Oh (Kim Young Dae) is a well-known top star in Korea, and Do Ha is an elite noble of the Silla Dynasty. After experiencing a car crash, Han Jun Oh’s body is possessed by Do Ha’s soul, who has a completely different personality from Jun Oh.

Han Min Oh is Han Jun Oh’s older brother who is also the CEO of Jun Oh’s agency Beginning Entertainment. Min Oh dedicates his life to his younger brother Jun Oh. (Credit)

• Like 2

Cast.

MITD-01.jpg

Pyo Ye Jin as Kang Young Hwa / Ha Ri Ta

Kang Young Hwa is a firefighter-turned-bodyguard, and Ha Ri Ta is the sole survivor of a noble family from Daegaya (a city-state) in the Silla Dynasty. Kang Young Hwa’s life completely changes after saving top star Han Jun Oh from a car crash on the day they were filming a public service advertisement together. (Credit)

MITD-02.jpg

Kim Young Dae as Han Jun Oh / Do Ha

Han Jun Oh is a well-known top star in Korea, and Do Ha is an elite noble of the Silla Dynasty. After experiencing a car crash, Han Jun Oh’s body is possessed by Do Ha’s soul who has a completely different personality from Jun Oh.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are adorable and so comfortable with each other. Kim Young Dae was on a variety show recently and when he arrived on set (it was some talk show for the drama with the other actors), he quickly went to find Pyo Ye Jin. He's quite the introvert but when he's with someone he knows, he talks nonstop. His manager was driving and I do not know how she's able to pay attention to the road with all the talking from him. Haha! Fun fact I learned is that he's pretty fluent in Chinese (although, he says not as much as he was before). He studied in China for 6-7 years before he went back to Korea. 

MITD-05.gif

I've only started watching episode one, but ahh...I hope their past is not as angsty as the previews are making it out to be. I'm just not into angsty drama at the moment. :nervous:

MITD-02.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The painful past between Young Hwa and Jun Oh (or I guess more like Do Ha since he's possessing Jun Oh's body now). :letalQQ:

At some point, I think Young Hwa and Do Ha fell in love knowing it was forbidden. They swam against the current, which ultimately brought them nothing but 1500 years of pain. I'm eager to find out more about their past though. Did Young Hwa really kill Do Ha as revenge or was there another contributing factor? I just finished watching Destined With You where they also had a painful past life. Their memories had gaps which made them think the worst. I'm wondering if the same thing is happening here too. Are there broken memories somewhere that provides a clearer picture of what actually happened that night? :thinking:

@UnniSara Have you watched episode two yet?

• Like 3

@Tofu LOL, Young Dae is playing an actor again? 😆 I've only just started watching, but I'm guessing he died and the soul from the past took his body?

He did speak a bit of Mandarin in EY; at the time I thought it was bad, hahaha! But I just saw a clip of him speaking Mandarin. Quite fluent, can converse, just has a foreigner accent. Why this isn't my VIP Oppa? 😭 Adopt him, Tofu. The celeb I came across who has the best spoken Mandarin is Kim Go Eun. She even has the Chinese accent.

---

I just finished episode 1. I did stray off a bit in the middle, just waiting for the original owner of the body to die. Hahaha. Not bad. Especially the ending bit.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Young Dae is playing an actor again?

Hahaha! That was my thought when I saw that his character, Jun Oh, is an idol turned actor. 

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I just finished episode 1. I did stray off a bit in the middle, just waiting for the original owner of the body to die. Hahaha. Not bad. Especially the ending bit.

Jun Oh is not the most likable character. I found myself disliking a lot of his scenes. He's spoiled, arrogant, and just put out the type of energy I do not like in a person. :KittyBan:

The cinematography in this drama has been really nice. I find myself enjoying the different angles it's giving us. I also do not have a problem with how they are weaving in and out between the past and present. 

MITD-10.gif

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

The cinematography in this drama has been really nice. I find myself enjoying the different angles it's giving us. I also do not have a problem with how they are weaving in and out between the past and present. 

I thought this bit was really cool, especially they could find a similar design to mimic the river scene.

• Like 3
On 11/2/2023 at 6:31 PM, Tofu said:

The painful past between Young Hwa and Jun Oh (or I guess more like Do Ha since he's possessing Jun Oh's body now). :letalQQ:

At some point, I think Young Hwa and Do Ha fell in love knowing it was forbidden. They swam against the current, which ultimately brought them nothing but 1500 years of pain. I'm eager to find out more about their past though. Did Young Hwa really kill Do Ha as revenge or was there another contributing factor? I just finished watching Destined With You where they also had a painful past life. Their memories had gaps which made them think the worst. I'm wondering if the same thing is happening here too. Are there broken memories somewhere that provides a clearer picture of what actually happened that night? :thinking:

@UnniSara Have you watched episode two yet?

Hi chingu's 

I have watched episode 2 and it was very intense. I have not watched episode 3 yet. I will definetely watch it and make a comment. I will do so once, I have time to comment and take screen shots and clips I want to share.  

See you guys later    :wow:

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I'm enjoying it so far, but still a bit confused why the 500 years of multiple times of reincarnation for FL but ML stayed as a lost soul? Hopefully it will get clearer later on.

Kim Young Dae portrays the characters well. Like @Tofu I disliked his Jun Oh so much, urgh! but felt sympathetic to his Do Ha... 

I like the actor playing the brother, Han Min Oh. Wish he can be given a lead role. His make-up artist should be retrained though (I'm trying hard not to use "fired" here)... He was like wearing a white mask in episode 2 when looking for Jun Oh's missing body in the hospital! Terrible terrible choice of make-up shade that contrasted too much with his neck colour!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Hahahaha! I thought that his makeup was not done the best too. It seems a bit unnatural to me, but maybe that's his concept. He's a big shot CEO so he has to be flawless. :GengarCool:

KYD and PYJ said in their photoshoot video that the drama is about love that blossom during war. With a comment like that, I assumed Do Ha's recollection of what happened is not accurate. He is probably missing pieces in his memories. 

I finished episode three and I think the editing was a bit choppy compared to the first two. One thing I was confused with was how did Young Hwa survived that fall with just a few bruises? I thought for sure she broke a rib or two. Did her amulet protect her? 

At the end, is Young Hwa dreaming or did she travel back in time? 

• Like 4