Moon In The Day 낮에 뜨는 달 [2023]

Tofu

I've been meaning to point out this, but forgot—she would have died from drowning and he saved her. Or did he think that he has to kill her with his own hands so that he'd be free? How naive. How is he planning to kill her when he's so soft-hearted towards her all the time?

@ktcjdrama Isn't it because he has resentment (or unresolved misunderstanding) towards her, so he couldn't move on?

@Tofu I think she is remembering her past life. She's been dreaming about it.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@ktcjdrama Hahahaha! I thought that his makeup was not done the best too. It seems a bit unnatural to me, but maybe that's his concept. He's a big shot CEO so he has to be flawless. :GengarCool:

KYD and PYJ said in their photoshoot video that the drama is about love that blossom during war. With a comment like that, I assumed Do Ha's recollection of what happened is not accurate. He is probably missing pieces in his memories. 

I finished episode three and I think the editing was a bit choppy compared to the first two. One thing I was confused with was how did Young Hwa survived that fall with just a few bruises? I thought for sure she broke a rib or two. Did her amulet protect her? 

At the end, is Young Hwa dreaming or did she travel back in time? 

I believed she traveled back in time. I think as she dreams, she is time-traveling but her brain can't process it all. She is always forgetting her dreaam. I think her time-traveling may be too traumatic for her.

My suspicions about all her reincarnation, the Real evil spirit has been killing her off everytime. But in all the other reincarnation, she probably never dreamed of the past or even had a glimpse of it.  

Do Ha thinks he is stuck because he has to kill her, but I think he can't really kill her. He has had so many opportunities and still did not do it. 

The Real evil spirity wants to keep them apart, i think he is to blame for the death of Do Ha.  I think Do Ha's death there are still some missing pieces. 

I tried to watch episode 4, I fast foward to the end. I plan on watching it from the beginning tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How is he planning to kill her when he's so soft-hearted towards her all the time?

Exactly @mademoiselle Do Ha is really soft-hearted towards her.  He acts all tough and then he is putty at her hards. 

Kim Young Dae's portrayal of  Do Ha is perfection. He deserves an award.  He thinks about her, he is worried about her but he still tries to act tough. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 4 is a tad bit too angsty, and I question, so soon it is this angsty and revealing so much of their past life that what do they plan to give us for the rest of the 10 episodes?

Could the villain be possessed by Do Ha's foster father? I'm glad Do Ha realize how weak he is when he's facing Young Hwa. I'm even surprised he only realise it now, after seeing her reincarnated 19th times (why 19 again?). Anyway, it's not so bad a watch... I must admit I do like seeing Kim Young Dae in pain. Bahaha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 11/9/2023 at 12:00 PM, Tofu said:

One thing I was confused with was how did Young Hwa survived that fall with just a few bruises? I thought for sure she broke a rib or two. Did her amulet protect her? 

It doesn't seem to be too far down... so I guess it's possible to survive.

For a top star's house, the gate of Jun Oh's house is too low, lol... so easy to just climb in. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I read a bit of the manhwa this drama is based on. There are a few differences....

Spoiler

In the manhwa, Jun Oh is a highschool student. He is not a celebrity. His brother Min Oh is a college student and the person Young Hwa has a crush on (she is also a college student). 

The manhwa starts out with Do Ha waking up in Jun Oh's body. The boys' mom is part of their life. 

I also read comments about the ending of the manhwa too...

Spoiler

Do Ha was able to resolve his grievances and go to heaven to get reincarnated. Ri Ta really loved him, but was going through a lot mentally. She was frequently possessed by her mom. When she killed Do Ha, she was possessed. She jumped off the cliff to kill herself but she was saved. Ri Ta decided to live and raise their son. She was pregnant with their baby when this happened. 

Jun Oh returned to his body after Do Ha left.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1

Do Ha and his longing gazes are :heart:

Even after over a thousand years, she still makes him weak. Their love must have been really tragic and Ri Ta probably didn't have a choice. I'm curious to see if the drama will keep the manhwa's explanation or create a new one. 

I told @mademoiselle this already, but I am not a fan of Do Ha's father (is he the step father?). I don't like that actor and I feel like whenever I see him he's up to no good. 

These two are adorable. 🥰

• Like 4

Do Ha stared so intensely at Young Hwa but he goes on to indirectly confirm his relationship with that female star. :PikachuFacePalm:

MITD-16.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I was little shock to see Do Ha not say anything when the female star said they were dating. I thought that he would deny it. It doesn't benefit Do Ha to play along with the female star, so I'm a little confused why he didn't do anything. 

• Like 3

@Tofu I just finished episode 5. It's not angsty for me. He's just broody, which I like. Hahaha! But he's brooding so much that I'm not seeing much outstanding performance / acting range from him.

Pyo Ye Jin, on the other hand, why does she look so tired? Her eyebags and dark circles are very prominent. She wasn't like that in her previous dramas.

By the way, I like the design of the house mimicking the riverside and stone path, but it's not very OH&S safe after seeing Yeong Hwa trying to snatch the book from Do Ha and she fell. :laugh:

---

Erm, I need that missing piece. How did they end up getting married? In the preview, the step-father seems to be the one telling him to either kill her or marry her. So he must have chosen to marry her. Right? Is that how the step-father intended to tie him down? Make her his weakness?

I don't see how he's ever going to kill her. The moment he tries, and then he can't but look at her fondly at the field. Talk big only. Hahaha! And the CEO Seok is being possessed by Do Ha's brother, right?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

The original Jun Oh was so talkative, I was about dropping the drama, until he got possesed by the more mysterious general soul 😅 But even so during the firefighter press con photoshoot, the original JO and YH actually have some chemistry, he subtly pulled her closer to him, I found this small gesture quite interesting. Hence, I still continue watching and it become great after that. 

Screenshot-20231119-134130-Chrome.jpg

Since his original intention was about to kill her, I think it kept me invested 😂, I can trully feel the passionate love span across 1500 years. I still wonder though if the original JO will ever coming back, if yes this will become a bit like Kokdu (it was a bit messed up drama, so I hope this have better route). 

On 11/17/2023 at 12:18 PM, Tofu said:

Do Ha stared so intensely at Young Hwa but he goes on to indirectly confirm his relationship with that female star. :PikachuFacePalm:

Maybe it's just me, but I was little shock to see Do Ha not say anything when the female star said they were dating. I thought that he would deny it. It doesn't benefit Do Ha to play along with the female star, so I'm a little confused why he didn't do anything. 

This portion confused me as well. Because he was so worked up with that artist girl, when she came to his house and he even throw her pastry. 

Btw anyone else think that DH adapted to the modern world so well lols? He seems quite used to dressed up in JO style seamlessly. He just took one of his watch collection and wear it nicely before meeting YH. I guess it's because he's been observing normal people for long time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hence, I still continue watching and it become great after that. 

Wait, this is one of the reasons why you continue to watch? I don't think I even remember this gesture. :lmao2:

I still wonder though if the original JO will ever coming back,

In the manhwa, it seems like he does, but I was telling @mademoiselle that it wouldn't make sense if he does. Technically, Do Ha is possessing a dead body, so I don't know how they would explain it if he comes back to life. 

Btw anyone else think that DH adapted to the modern world so well lols?

Hahaha! I think because he's lived through all the different time period, I would hope that he's picked up a thing or two. I don't know if I can wander aimlessly for 1500 years. I would probably have forgotten what made me so angry by then. :laugh:

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I think because he's lived through all the different time period, I would hope that he's picked up a thing or two. I don't know if I can wander aimlessly for 1500 years. I would probably have forgotten what made me so angry by then. 

Was he even angry? It seems like he was sad more than angry. I think he lingers behind because he desperately wanted to know/understand why she killed him, and I also think the lotus seed may have bound him to her. If he wanted to kill her, he could have done it the last 18th times. How could he have failed so miserably each time?

• Like 4

The first couple of episodes were a bit cringey especially Joon-oh's antics and the very awkward set-up of the romance. But somewhere in Episode 3, it got better. Saved largely by a better written, more disciplined Three Kingdoms timeline. I like Pyo Ye-jin (She was great in Taxi Driver) and she's decent as Han Ri-ta but as the firefighter, I don't buy it. There's a reason why there are so few female firefighters in the world. In fact the whole firefighter angle is entirely disposable. So far. She could be a paramedic or doctor or nurse.

I'm largely watching the show for the historical aspect which should have been its own drama.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm still plugging away at this one and hoping that the modern timeline will get better but it still lacks cohesion. Some of the dialogue feels misplaced. Maybe it's the fact that the characters feel more like plot devices than consistently crafted personalities.

@Tofu I'm rather sad that all we got out of the wedding night was Ri-ta and Do-ha standing face to face and her touching his face. 

• Like 4

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I don't know about everyone, but I don't feel like the drama is moving forward. It's on this endless loop of the same conflict in every episode. We did get some movement with episode ten, but it's little and we still have four more episodes left. I don't know if I can watch them talk about the same thing for an entire episode again. :pandasleep:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I'm barely hanging on. FF through the contemporary timeline and only watching for the doomed lovers arc historical timeline. They don't seem to have enough content for 14 episodes.

It's obvious they didn't throw much money at this one either.

• Like 3

I picked this back up since I was able to finish all my other dramas! It really drags, but at least it looks like next episode Yeong Hwa will finally remember she was the one who killed Do Ha. And I just want to know why.

I wanted to throw things at the monk regarding Yeong Hwa's karma for the part where he tells her to remember her sin. I don't know if it's just mistranslation. I somewhat believe in karma and the idea that the hardships and/or bad relationships we have with people in this life may be linked to our unfinished business/karma from our past lives, and that we're in the process of repent/repaying, but telling her to "remember her sin" and find the answer to break it is just stupid. I could hardly take that away as useful advice in reality because in reality, how many people would have the liberty to remember their past lives' sins? It's only in this story that Yeong Hwa gets to remember it. Tsk.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1