Nothing Uncovered 멱살 한번 잡힙시다 [Current]

abs-oluteM

Nothing Uncovered
(Grabbed By The Collar)

멱살 한번 잡힙시다

2024022011423238698_1.jpg

Synopsis

Seo Jung Won (Kim Ha Neul)  is an investigative reporter and the host of the current affairs television program “Let’s Get Grabbed by the Collar.” Thanks to her unique and straightforward way of exposing all kinds of torts committed by culprits—all whilst making sarcastic remarks—she gains great popularity and attracts the general public’s attention. When Jung Won is accused of murder, she joins with detective Kim Tae Hyun (Yeon Woo Jin) , and sets out to find the truth. Also helping her are her husband Seol Woo Jae (Jang Seung Jo), respectively.

Episodes: 16

Premieres: 18 March 2024 

Airing days : Monday, Tuesday

Network: KBS2

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Cast & Crew

Director - Lee Ho Jae

Screenwriter - Bae Soo Young

Main Cast

Kim Ha Neul - Seo Jung Won

Yeon Woo Jin - Kim Tae Heon

Jang Seung Jo - Seol Woo Jae

Support Role

Han Chae Ah - Yoo Yoon Young

Yoon Je Moon - Mo Hyung Taek

Script reading

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 3 weeks later...

No guesses who is playing the villain here...and why must there be a love triangle? I think what is worst is that I love both oppas a lot...I don't want to have to choose. LOL. I hope they just focus more on the crime aspect.

A more detailed synopsis from Naver : Source

Kim Ha-neul plays the role of Seo Jeong-won, a 'professional killer' reporter who travels all over the field in the play. When it comes to scoops, she is a reporter who catches bad guys by the collar without any hesitation, giving viewers a vicarious satisfaction like cider. Seo Jeong-won is expected to raise the heart rate with unpredictable developments, such as becoming entangled in a love triangle with her ex-boyfriend Kim Tae-heon (played by Yeon Woo-jin) and her husband Seol Woo-jae (played by Jang Seung-jo) through a mysterious murder case. Expectations are high for a new transformation from Kim Ha-neul, who has shown a wide acting spectrum in numerous works such as 'Kill Hill', '18 Again', 'The Wind Blows', and 'On the Way to the Airport'.

Yeon Woo-jin, who has created a variety of life characters for each role he has played, such as 'Morning Comes Even in the Psychiatric Ward', '30, 9', 'Let Me Hear Your Song', and 'The Judge', plays the role of Kim Tae-heon, a detective who handcuffs bad guys in the play. divided into . Although he speaks with a snarky tone, he is a person with a natural passionate temperament in his actions. As he meets Seo Jeong-won, whom he loved passionately but has now become part of his past, through a murder case, his mind begins to swirl. Yeon Woo-jin, who predicted a complete transformation as Kim Tae-heon, is looking forward to another breakthrough as a life-changing character.

Jang Seung-jo plays the character of Seol Woo-jae, a second-generation chaebol novelist and the husband of Seo Jeong-won. Seol Woo-jae is a character who looks perfect on the outside, but his heart is infinitely empty and dark inside. He always believed that he would live a stable life with his wife, but cracks begin to appear due to a series of events. Jang Seung-jo, who perfectly digests genres such as 'Model Detective', 'Can I Become a Stranger', and 'Lee Jae, I'll Die Soon' and portrays character narratives in a more attractive way, is immersed in the play with his deep melodious eyes and delicate acting skills. There are plans to add more.

• Like 2

Script Reading! Jang Seung Jo looks really thin here. 

0wb3wE_2f.png

From MDL: 

Actress Kim Ha Neul plays Seo Jung Won, a famous journalist with a strong sense of justice who believes in the people's right to know. She is a woman who fights the challenges that come her way.

Yeon Woo Jin plays Kim Tae Heon, the ace detective of the violent crimes unit. Kim Tae Heon is strong yet has a boyish charm to him. 

Jang Seung Jo plays the role of Seol Woo Jae, a second-generation chaebol and Seo Jung Won's husband. Not to be fooled by his warm smile, Jang Seung Jo has a dark side to him.

Veteran actors Jung Woong In, Yoon Je Moon, Han Chae Ah, Jung In Ki, and Kim Min Jae delivered passionate performances at the script reading.

After the script reading concluded, actress Kim Ha Neul commented, "I felt like the chemistry was stronger because the characters I had only envisioned came to life and [actors] acted together." Yeon Woo Jin said, "I feel like I've read a mystery novel." Jang Seung Jo shared his excitement, stating, "It seems like it will be fun to finish reading the script. I will work hard to prepare well."

Let's Get Caught by the Neck is scheduled to premiere in March. It will take over the time slot of Love Song for Illusion.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For someone who is an investigative reporter, she didn't seem too bright. Why does she keep touching these bodies covered in blood? They are not even people she knows. Apart from that, I would expect abit more from her than be so emotional and shaken when a woman she barely knows accuses her husband of infidelity with zero proof. Even though I know Jang Seung Jo's character is set up to be the suspect and possibly lead a double life, it is strange that she would doubt him so quickly especially given how lovey dovey they were before this.

Anyway, the 1st episode was just alright for me but I will keep watching since both my oppas here. 

Preview Ep 2 

• Insightful 2
  • Sad 1

@abs-oluteM I agree female lead is not so smart to be going to strange places alone at night and touching obvious dead bodies. Other than that, I've watched up to half of ep 2 and like it for the suspense. In addition to the husband, there's a handful of questionable people like the politician, father in law and mysterious informant. It's interesting to me how they'll connect in unfolding the mystery. 

With my experience from Misty and Trolley, I wouldn't be surprised if the husband is a cheater and murderer. Of course though, I always have this tiny bit of hope for a twist to a twist that he's not. Only because the father in law didn't approve their marriage and seems to want them to separate. So, I wonder if he has a hand in the murders and wanting to sabotage female lead. Also, could he have something to do with the female lead's father's death?

JSJ is partly why I'm watching this. His profession as a mystery writer makes his character more interesting to the whole story. But, I'm also a sucker for a cop/detective so I'm liking YWJ's character as well. I understand he's the female lead's ex-boyfriend so it'll also be interesting to see them work together.

16 episodes are a lot to fill so let's see how this show holds up.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My journey just 10 min ago on this thread:

1. Yay it's a thriller/crime drama! Synopsis looks good.
2. Rats, that first teaser looks like it's focusing on the relationship of the 3 leads.

3. Ooh, trailers look exciting.

4. S***, Abs says FL is not too bright..........

5. But Peperomia says there is suspense!

I shall try this weekend 😆

• Haha 3

@Chocolate Do give it a try for the suspense!

Finished ep 2. Female lead's straining marriage with husband and reuniting with ex-boyfriend detective are turning out to be interesting angles to the story. I want to know more of her past with the detective. His demeanor toward her is mixed. He's cold to her most of the times and why could be related to his deceased detective colleague who female lead knew too. But, whenever she's in danger, I can see that he still cares about her.

My thoughts about the husband shaping up to be a cheater/murderer...

Spoiler

It's so early in the story. All the things making him to be a cheater/murderer could turn out to be red herrings. My gut feeling is the supposed mistress' relationship is likely with the politician and the baby is his. I think he and the father in law could be in cahoots. Also, it's possible they killed female lead's father, who was also a reporter, because he was about to reveal something corrupt about them.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, peperomia said:

My thoughts about the husband shaping up to be a cheater/murderer...

I share this same thought that you put in the spoiler. Too early in the story and everything falling in place so conveniently for the cops to find out makes it even more suspicious. The psychiatrist she sees also gives me weird vibes. 

Misty is one of my favourite dramas and I was hoping this would be similar ...but I don't feel the same sort of suspense. Regardless, I will continue this since I want to know if JangSeungJo is truly the murderer. I was thinking it would be interesting if my other oppa Yeon Woo Jin (the Detective) is somehow a bad guy too :laugh:. That would be a real plot twist since he has such a kind and honest face. 

18 hours ago, Chocolate said:

4. S***, Abs says FL is not too bright..........

I am still annoyed with her in eps 2 but I just watch her scenes without both my oppas at 1.5 speed.  :laugh:I have watched this actress in a number of shows and usually quite okay with her. But here as a supposedly badass reporter ...I just don't feel it and her chemistry with both the MLs feels lacking. 

• Haha 1

@abs-oluteM Misty is a hard one to follow-up to. Still early, but if we are to compare, development of the characters and their complicated relationships was great from the start in Misty. I especiallly liked the slow-burn development of husband in Misty. Here, husband is suspicious in the first 2 episodes so it's kind of no fun if he is the "villain". We'll see though. In general, I feel crime/mystery dramas aren't as good as they used to be, but I'll watch if there's enough content to keep me wondering about the outcome and of course, any plot twists!

Of the main leads, I only knew Jang Seung Jo going into it. First impressions of Kim Ha Neul is okay so far. Yeon Woo Jin is growing on me. Hopefully, we'll see chemistry when they need to work together. Right now, they seem to have a thorn in their heart from something in the past.

Aside from the leads, I really want to know who is Zeus and what is his agenda! 

• Clapping Hands 1

@peperomia did you watch eps 3 ? I thought this was very interesting episode especially now that they have disclosed that Seol Woo Jae indeed had the  affair with dead actress , and possibly more than one woman too . But I still have my reservations about him killing her simply because there are too many people who would seem to want her dead. The father of the baby , who could be her sponsor and that politician , is also a likely candidate. I was hoping though that even if he had the affair , he wouldn't be such a first class jerk. Blaming your wife for the loneliness & infidelity is quite unforgivable. Anyway, I am still up for any sort of plot twist.

So far Detective Kim has been a pretty sharp cop though I was wondering if he was a tad emotional while interrogating SWJ . It feels like  he may have unresolved feelings for Jung Won. Whether these are positive feelings ( affection) or negative ones ( since I think she may have indirectly caused the death of his partner) , can't tell. It will be interesting to see if he can be objective in his investigations now that she is going to be on the suspect list too.

Talking about Jung Won, I wasn't as annoyed this episode though the drama reminded me about her silly rookie mistake at the end of the 60minutes. If she had just reported the situation there and then , would she be in such a bind now.  But of course there would be no story to tell then. :laugh: Also , would the plot twist be that she is really the killer? That would be something unexpected. 

I understand there were two episodes last night , though I only saw one on the site I used.

Eps 5 preview

• Clapping Hands 1

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@peperomia did you watch eps 3 ? I thought this was very interesting episode especially now that they have disclosed that Seol Woo Jae indeed had the  affair with dead actress , and possibly more than one woman too . But I still have my reservations about him killing her simply because there are too many people who would seem to want her dead. The father of the baby , who could be her sponsor and that politician , is also a likely candidate. I was hoping though that even if he had the affair , he wouldn't be such a first class jerk. Blaming your wife for the loneliness & infidelity is quite unforgivable. Anyway, I am still up for any sort of plot twist.

@abs-oluteM Episodes 3 and 4 were released at the same time in my region so I was able to watch them together last night. Woo Jae’s character is so twisty! Now there’s evidence that he cheated with Eun Sae. When you get to episode 4, it is suggested that he's cheating with one more woman. (Someone whom you were already suspicious of.) It looks like we can check off the “cheater” box for him. Call me crazy, but I have a strange inkling that there’s more to this and he could be up to or part of something bigger. So, let’s see if there'll be a plot twist! Even if he's a cheater, I agree that he may not be the murderer for the same reasons that you mentioned. Also, it’s interesting that Eun Sae predicted she would die. I think it’s key that Woo Jae isn’t the father of her baby.

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So far Detective Kim has been a pretty sharp cop though I was wondering if he was a tad emotional while interrogating SWJ . It feels like  he may have unresolved feelings for Jung Won. Whether these are positive feelings ( affection) or negative ones ( since I think she may have indirectly caused the death of his partner) , can't tell. It will be interesting to see if he can be objective in his investigations now that she is going to be on the suspect list too.

Tae Heon is tough on the surface, but I think he’s coping with some emotional issues relating to his deceased partner and Jung Won. Based on one of their conversations, their fallout is related to Tae Heon’s deceased partner and a previous case. To me, his actions show that he still has unresolved romantic feelings for her, but there’s also resentment. Let’s see how he’ll stay within the professional lines because of this.

Too bad not all episodes are out because I am entertained so far and really want to know more. To my surprise, on top of the mystery, I am enjoying the tension between Jung Won/Woo Jae and Jung Won/Tae Heon. LOL.

Edited by peperomia
  • Clapping Hands 1

In episode 5 preview, I noticed that it’s connecting a handful of characters to the city of Mueon, except Jung Won. Circling back to the first episode, when the detectives were going through the dead housekeeper’s house, they found a scrapbook collection of news articles on the assemblyman, Mo Hyung Taek (who was previously a prosecutor) and a chemical plant fire that took place in 2009, which killed 12 and injured 2 people. The housekeeper’s husband also died in 2009.

Some thoughts came into mind…

• Did the housekeeper’s husband die in the the chemical plant fire?
  • Woo Jae’s father is a businessman. Could the chemical plant have belonged to him?
  • When Mo Hyung Taek was a prosecuter back then, could he have aided the chemical plant to not face criminal charges?
  • Jung Won’s father was also a reporter. Was he murdered while trying to uncover some kind of truth about the chemical plant fire?
  • Could a mastermind (maybe a survivor of the fire or descendant) be plotting some kind of revenge related to this? Maybe Zeus?

Just some guesses, but I think cheating and killing is just scratching the surface so far.

• Insightful 1
On 3/21/2024 at 7:42 PM, abs-oluteM said:

The psychiatrist she sees also gives me weird vibes. 

I just finished eps 5 @peperomia. And the drama has finally gotten my full attention because things aren't really what they seem. And you are right - this is not just a crime of passion. I know the drama is hinting that the psychiatrist is the other woman that SWJ is seeing,  but I am not sure if this looks like a loving relationship or that she has something on him....

Spoiler

GJvSMkgb0AAffkA?format=jpg&name=large

I agree with your chain of thought in your 2nd post. Zeus in particular seemed rather concerned if she would continue. Everything that is happening now is linked somehow to her father's investigation. 

At one point I was a tad annoyed that she would reveal so much in her counselling session to her psychiatrist. I don't know if I would tell so much information relating to a criminal case even if the psychiatrist is not supposed to reveal any private information.  Very fortunate that Kim Tae Heon has given her the heads up about the coat or she would have still be in the dark. Now I look forward to her exposing the truth.

• Clapping Hands 1

On 3/28/2024 at 12:07 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I just finished eps 5 @peperomia. And the drama has finally gotten my full attention because things aren't really what they seem. And you are right - this is not just a crime of passion. I know the drama is hinting that the psychiatrist is the other woman that SWJ is seeing,  but I am not sure if this looks like a loving relationship or that she has something on him....

I'm glad you are still watching this. My impression is Woo Jae and the psychiatrist's relationship is not romantic. She appears to be manipulating and controlling him. I think you may be right that she has something on him. He's hiding something and I don't think it's just cheating.

The politician's daughter who is also the cafe owner seems odd too. I wonder why Woo Jae caused a scene at her shop and the real reason why she didn't report it.

I agree with your chain of thought in your 2nd post. Zeus in particular seemed rather concerned if she would continue. Everything that is happening now is linked somehow to her father's investigation. 

Yes, it was the fact that Zeus was concerned if Jung Won would continue her show made me think s/he could be the mastermind. I noticed the young male reporter on her team had a similar concern so I wonder if he could be connected to Zeus.

At one point I was a tad annoyed that she would reveal so much in her counselling session to her psychiatrist. I don't know if I would tell so much information relating to a criminal case even if the psychiatrist is not supposed to reveal any private information.  Very fortunate that Kim Tae Heon has given her the heads up about the coat or she would have still be in the dark. Now I look forward to her exposing the truth.

Unfortunately, Jung Won's character is not executed well. I know her actions are for the sake of the plot, but her lack of common sense does not make her look good to viewers as female lead and star reporter. We'll see if this mistake with the psychiatrist will knock some sense in her and she will be smarter going forward. Fingers crossed. I hope the investigative track gets more exciting when she works with Tae Heon.

• Clapping Hands 1