[K-Artist] Song Joong Ki 송중기

3 hours ago, ssteph said:

Vincenzo behind talk - SJK, director Kim Hee Won, screenwriter Park Jae Bum

So strange that the PD and writer don't want to show their faces....LOL

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ssteph @movingwheel if Soompi can post it like that usually very high chance....I am happy he has a new drama....YAY! Okay maybe we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. Anyway, @ssteph you open the drama thread ok if he confirms? 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM ok~ will open the thread

•••

Song Joong Ki offered male lead role in new JTBC drama airing next year

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/05/song-joong-ki-offered-male-lead-role-in-new-jtbc-drama-airing-next-year

According to Song Joong Ki's label HiSTORY D&C on May 27, "Song Joong Ki is currently looking over the script for the drama 'The Youngest Son of a Chaebol Family'."

Based on a popular web novel of the same name, 'The Youngest Son of a Chaebol Family' is expected to tell the story of a man who devoted his career to a chaebol family for over 10 years, only to be framed for embezzlement, and pronounced legally dead. Afterward, the man infiltrates the chaebol family as the youngest son, plotting revenge.

If cast, Song Joong Ki will be taking on the story's male lead role, with the series slated to air on JTBC some time in 2022.  

• Clapping Hands 1

Song Joong Ki May Already Have His Comeback K-Drama Following Success With “Vincenzo”

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/song-joong-ki-may-already-comeback-k-drama-following-success-vincenzo/

Song Joong Ki isn’t taking any breaks.

According to an exclusive report from Sports Donga, Song Joong Ki is currently in discussions to take on the male lead role in JTBC‘s upcoming K-Drama A Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son. The show would be based off the web novel of the same name, and tells a story about the main character who is falsely accused of embezzling funds from conglomerate family for over a decade and killed, only to be reborn as the youngest son in the same family. It will show his revenge as he seeks to take over the entire family.

A Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son was actually originally scheduled to air in 2019 after the contract for the rights to the K-Drama and relevant copyrights was completed in 2018, but production was delayed due to various circumstances.

Song Joong Ki was the first male actor offered a role in the K-Drama, and he is currently reviewing the offer. It was reported that many top actors were coveting the male lead role in A Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son, so expectations are sky-high, especially if Song Joong Ki decides to accept. His agency HiSTORY D&C has confirmed he is considering whether to take on the role or not.

A Chaebol Family’s Youngest Son is likely to air on JTBC in the first half of 2022 if production ramps up. It will be produced by Jung Dae Yoon PD, who worked on MBC‘s W, I’m Not a Robot, and She Was Pretty. It will be written by writer Kim Tae Hee, who worked on tvN‘s Designated Survivor: 60 Days and KBS‘s The Great King, Sejong.

•••

Screenwriter Kim Tae Hee is screenwriter of Sungkyunkwan Scandal too ^^

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Just watched SJK take the Vincenzo Superfan quiz, and thought he did impressively well even if he didn't get them all right. More importantly, I sometimes forget how charming SJK can be in real life. He's actually much smoother in RL than a number of the roles that he's taken on, even as there are bits of his RL personality that can infuse his characters. I guess that's a sign of a good actor, that he can allow his natural personality to infuse a character as needed, but then have the characters not just be another variation on his own RL personality. :heart:

Sad that I probably won't be watching his next project unless they actually change the FL to someone who can actually act. Guess I'm going to miss SJK for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1