Lucifer [US Drama - Multiple Seasons ONGOING]

Phikyl

spacer.png

Synopsis: 

The Devil went down to Georgia.... or did he?

When the reigning King of Hell decides to abandon his post in favor of running a nightclub in Los Angeles, there's bound to be trouble.

Brought to the NYPD as a consultant after one of his own friends is found dead, Lucifer Morningstar works to help his partner, Detective Chloe Decker, unmask the identity of several criminals; all while keeping his own under wraps.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I admit that I actually quite love this premise. It really seems to explore the character of Lucifer and has him working against his own mythology. I think I'm scared by the fact that there are already 5 seasons! At this moment, I'm barely able to keep up with kdramas which only have 1 season! Though, I know that there are kdramas which are now going to be multi-season affairs, but meaning 2 or 3, rather than 6 or 13.

So, to those of you who have watched it thus far, how does Lucifer evolve as a character across the 5 seasons thus far? If you can comment without spoiling it too much since I am likely to start watching this at some point.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, to those of you who have watched it thus far, how does Lucifer evolve as a character across the 5 seasons thus far? If you can comment without spoiling it too much since I am likely to start watching this at some point.

I watched season 1-4 when I found them. Now slowly watching the first half of 5, but the long wait makes me a bit less excited than with the first 4 and by now I'm busy watching other stuff as well. Without spoilers, I would say at least half the show is about his character development, be it directly or indirectly, so it's a rather big topic. But in a good way, as it's also an interesting one.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think I'm scared by the fact that there are already 5 seasons! At this moment, I'm barely able to keep up with kdramas which only have 1 season! Though, I know that there are kdramas which are now going to be multi-season affairs, but meaning 2 or 3, rather than 6 or 13.

At least the seasons are short (10-16 episodes each), unlike those Chinese palace dramas that go between 70-90 episodes. In total this show has less episodes than those 1 season dramas 🤣. If anything, corona+vacation gives me too much free time, don't even wanna know how much hours I spend watching TV. Makes me dislike 1 (short)season shows, need to search new ones too soon. Finished multiple 10-12 season ones.

Edited by Cambionn
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Cambionn said:

At least the seasons are short (10-16 episodes each), unlike those Chinese palace dramas that go between 70-90 episodes. In total this show has less episodes than those 1 season dramas 🤣. If anything, corona+vacation gives me too much free time, don't even wanna know how much hours I spend watching TV. Makes me dislike 1 (short)season shows, need to search new ones too soon. Finished multiple 10-12 season ones.

Fair points. I haven't managed any historical Chinese dramas yet.

Even with the coronavirus, I'm still working full time, though lately I feel as if I'm skiving quite a bit at work. (Shhh. Don't tell my boss.)

Thanks for your comments. Now I'm thinking that perhaps I'll try starting this drama later today.

Also, is there any actual romance? I know from the descrip that Lucifer ends up helping a human female detective, but was wondering if a love line develops or not. Wait! That would be a spoiler, if you told me, right? Just after asking for not too many spoilers. LOL

Okay, will be back to comment after I actually watch some episodes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, is there any actual romance? I know from the descrip that Lucifer ends up helping a human female detective, but was wondering if a love line develops or not. Wait! That would be a spoiler, if you told me, right? Just after asking for not too many spoilers. LOL

Okay, will be back to comment after I actually watch some episodes.

Haha in that case I can savely say that there is a love related storyline, but it's a bit more complex than "let's try find a way to be together/to get his heart" like in many dramas (obviously not the only options used, and a huge generalisation of plotlines, but in general a common theme). It's also doesn't feel very drama like to me, more "American police shows meet supernatural" if that makes sense 😂.

Fair points. I haven't managed any historical Chinese dramas yet.

They're al time favourites for me. Especially these harem palace dramas. It might sound typical maybe, but nothing better for drama than putting a bunch of pretty woman in a palace with one guy, and whatever this guy's thinks of you determines not only your, but also your childrens' and families, entire future. Beside, I love how they take their time for plotlines, without having seasons they can make each subplot as long and short as needed, as there are no season finales or "it must fit in the X number of episodes a season has" to think about.

Even with the coronavirus, I'm still working full time, though lately I feel as if I'm skiving quite a bit at work. (Shhh. Don't tell my boss.)

Haha like I said, I have vacation now. It's just that most other possible activities are canceled now too causing my free time to be more than normally during vacations. When work starts again I'll have less time, but for now my entire days are filled with TV and games 😂. But after work I'm often tired, so I tend to still watch 1-3 episodes TV a day despite working full time, depending on how much chores I have to do 😅. Just got no energy for something more active lol.

Woops, sorry for making 2/3 of the comment off-topic. Let's stop it here 😅

Edited by Cambionn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

OH MY GOSH THERE'S A THREAD FOR THIS.

I binged season 5A in a day and now begins the long wait for 5B 😭

Has anyone finished it yet?

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

For the character Lucifer, I would say his biggest obstacle/problem has always been about choice/freewill. His perception of this always affects how he acts or reacts to situations. There is one character in the show (Dr. Linda) who is very important in helping his character grow.

At first I found the situation funny - like the Devil visiting a therapist (? lol). But gradually, I came to like their interactions and scenes more and more. 

At times over the course of the seasons (I would say maybe in Season 3), it seems like Lucifer's development has regressed a little and that annoyed me personally, but I think due to the long season format on Fox (20+ eps in S3), the writers had to find some way to drag out the story more. 

Also, the chemistry between the leads is great. I ship them.

Overall, this is one of my favourite series on NF now, alongside Umbrella Academy and La Casa de Papel.

Edited by im0202
  • Like 2

@im0202

I am up to date with this series too and tbh I found the first half of S5 bit disappointing. The cracks that kept  me watching Lucifer is the witty lines and outrageous impulsive attitude from The Devil Himself. But I got very little of that cracks in S5 (first half). 

Chloe and Luci’s chemistry and sexual tension were great before BUT after they got together I found none of the explosions I was hoping for.

I just hope it will be better in the 2nd half.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 1:13 AM, im0202 said:

I binged season 5A in a day and now begins the long wait for 5B 😭

Has anyone finished it yet?

I watched three episodes back to back and skipped to watch the ending and was left hanging . Smh smh smh  so I decided to watch the rest later until they tell us when the other half will be aired . 

@OsmanthusTea I was disappointed too with Season 5.  I was like what the hell!!!  Finally Chloe admit  Only read if you have watched Season 5

Spoiler

Chloe finally admits she loves him. She was ready to move forward and then Twin Michael comes down to ruin Lucifer’s reputation. Turn Mazakeen against Lucifer and now she believes he is a liar.  There are so many signs why her love for Jun’s pure and not planned.  Smh 

• Haha 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House