Girl Group Haven

Merry_Shai

3 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

@Tofu 

I'm surprised Choa is releasing stuff since it seemed like she was done with idol & singing life after she left AOA. 

Yeah, same here! I thought she was done, but it randomly showed up on my YT recommendation this week. I'm excited to hear the song. I liked the last song she did with Primary. 

@stroppyse@Merry_Shai: I agreed that Cheer Up is a nice song by Twice (same with that slowed down version too). It's probably the only song I think of when their name comes up. I didn't really follow their songs much after that. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yeah, same here! I thought she was done, but it randomly showed up on my YT recommendation this week. I'm excited to hear the song. I liked the last song she did with Primary. 

@stroppyse@Merry_Shai: I agreed that Cheer Up is a nice song by Twice (same with that slowed down version too). It's probably the only song I think of when their name comes up. I didn't really follow their songs much after that. 

I listen to most releases by a good chunk of artists, I don't like blindly dismissing stuff, but I just haven't been crazy about many of their title tracks. However, I like their b-sides, I'm one who often prefers non-promotional songs. 

About Choa, I really thought she was done with entertainment altogether, but I guess she just needed time away from the spotlight. 

• Like 4

@Merry_Shai sometimes I can't stand their song because it's too noisy for me. Maybe because I'm in age range to start needing some drop of youth to maintain what's left haha, take example their "Want It". I just can't make myself liking it, it's a common we are badass statement high school cheerleader song vibe. While Twice have this happy cute cheerleader song with their "Cheer Up", that's more acceptable for wide range of age. Itzy kinda has challenge to make more people into their style. By far, imo their charisma while performing is great.

Song wise, Mamamoo is the most compatible with me by far. Plus, I hope Mamamoo management has official studio recording for their performance in KBS Immortal Songs and put them in audio streaming platform like Spotify or Deezer. They are divas

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 5

f-150-st-steam.png

@abnoch

I find myself not getting too into some newer groups simply because I'm just lazier than I was before lol I've listened to Itzy's debut and it didn't do anything for me so I just never bothered after that. They're successful so I hope JYPE can continue to manage them properly as they have a history of not doing right by their girl groups. 

I was into Mamamoo when they first came out, but kind of stopped following them too close. Don't hold your breath with hoping RBW makes studio versions of their Immortal Songs stages lol Sometimes a kind soul makes a mp3 version of it & makes it available, but not often. Although I think I got an audio version of a 15& performance, but don't think it was official. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Merry_Shai I wish they give Itzy more variations in their song 'color'. Nah, for Mamamoo, I already convert it and upload on my Deezer so its safe for me but I need the hifi one, that will be great.

15& is good. I can feel your hopelessness after comparing the attachments with a bit of this video

Spoiler

I just discovered Baek Yerin is a former of 15& duo.. Aish

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 5

f-150-st-steam.png

I love MAMAMOO too! Like @abnoch, I think their sound is what I find most listen-able at my age. I don't keep up with any other girl groups unless they come up in a k-pop spotify playlist. That's how I discover most of my k-pop currently. 

2 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

Omg speaking of 15&, I'm STILL bitter of what could have been. 

AGREE! I had so much hope for them to diversify the k-pop girlgroup landscape. It's really too bad. :(

• Like 5

Knowing which agency they come from, BP should have been hit it big & had a much better impact, but also knowing their agency it's pretty obvious why it hasn't truly happened yet. This isn't to downplay their success, but YG isn't exactly known for having the best idol management especially for girl groups (*cough*2ne1*cough*). These girls work extremely hard so I hope they don't go on a year long hiatus after this album. 

• Like 2

I will link this one, just uploaded 17 hours ago. Chaeyeon:smile:

Oh that near ending on her performance video, when she swirls and then lay down, love it. Though, I like more the dance style that more focusing on the choreography & technic. While on that performance, she more have freestyle time and it just pure using seductive pose/move? She can do much more that require technic, I believe. I really want to see more of that side from her in the future.

Here I like her sync with Lia Kim. It's like she is the smooth version while Lia Kim the popping version one.

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 1

f-150-st-steam.png

• 2 weeks later...