Girl Group Haven

Merry_Shai

@NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea I don't know many girl groups well except what I come across online...gosh...Wondergirls! They were also a bit of a one hit wonder! :D But that song was indeed a big hit at that time.

@TRaNz @Merry_Shaiwho are the big popular girl groups now? Blackpink?

Is Davichi considered a girl group ( duo?) . They did one of all time fave OSTs

And at one time I did quite a bit of research into Kim Dasom of Sistas since she's an idol actress that I actually like. So I chanced upon this video of this talent show. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@TRaNz @Merry_Shaiwho are the big popular girl groups now? Blackpink?

Yeah something like that.

I think the likes of BlackPink, Twice and Red Velvet are probably the biggest globally ( no im not trying to start a fan war, just general consensus from what Ive seen on socials. If there are others I may have missed do mention them )

But then you also got groups that are just as great with near big fanbase globally like Itzy, Mamamoo, CLC, Loona, GFriend, APink, G-IDLE, IZ One, n some others which I cant pick off the top of my head.

Still adore my SNSD aka Girls Generation bunch though, same age groups and sorta liek grew up listening to them :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

On 9/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Is Davichi considered a girl group ( duo?) . They did one of all time fave OSTs

Davichi is more a duo than a girl group :) They did participate in many drama OSTs. If you like them, I can recommend several of their songs that I like.

On 9/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, TRaNz said:

Still adore my SNSD aka Girls Generation bunch though, same age groups and sorta liek grew up listening to them

You are the same-aged with Soshi members? Are you in the unnie line or the maknae line? xD

I like SNSD too. Used to be up-to-date with their news and songs. Until this day, their debut song is still one of my favorite. I think I almost memorized all the lyrics because I've been listening to it too much. 

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

You are the same-aged with Soshi members? Are you in the unnie line or the maknae line? xD

I like SNSD too. Used to be up-to-date with their news and songs. Until this day, their debut song is still one of my favorite. I think I almost memorized all the lyrics because I've been listening to it too much.

Hmmm Unnie Linewould be closest. LOOOL Nah im the Opppppaaaaaaaa Hahahahahahahaha

I still follow the gals socials, nice to see they're still intouch with each other doing their own things. The day they come back all together for some comeback or special performance will be ultimateeeeeeeee.

I think BlackPink are supposed to have some sort of Album release in a few weeks. Not sure if its gonna be delayed. Just hope its not those type of albums where they re pack some older songs on there to make up the track list numbers.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

7 hours ago, LaLa said:

If you like them, I can recommend several of their songs that I like.

Yes , I do.  Please recommend them 

@TRaNz @LaLa so who are your faves from GG. They have disbanded right? I see a few of them have been acting over the years .

How's Nana's group? I like her as an actress, never followed her singing career!

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I still follow the gals socials, nice to see they're still intouch with each other doing their own things. The day they come back all together for some comeback or special performance will be ultimateeeeeeeee.

I follow their SNS too, but not really checking up about everything that they posted about. About their comeback, I don't think it will happen so soon, but hopefully one day we can see it.

Spoiler

Err I know the fans are divided since what happened 6 years ago, and I'm in the category who wish to see them as a complete one group with all original member. I hope to see them united as one again. Don't know if it will be possible or not, but I can hope, can't I? :)

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@TRaNz @LaLa so who are your faves from GG. They have disbanded right? I see a few of them have been acting over the years .

As far as I know, they haven't disband, just go on long hiatus while each member focus on their solo career. 4 members did left SM Ent and signed with different agencies. I like all members, but I did remember I like Tae Yeon and Tiffany a little bit more than others on my first few years as SONE. After Oh! or Run Devil Run era (in 2010), I like all members equally :) 

I think @TRaNz favs are Tae Yeon and YoonA ? ;)

How's Nana's group? I like her as an actress, never followed her singing career!

Nana debuted as one of After School members. Most of her former bandmates also became an actress, among them you might have heard about UEE and Lizzy (Lizzy's recent work was Oh My Baby). Most of them has 'graduated' and left the group, current group status I think indefinite hiatus.

One of After School popular song is Bang!

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , I do.  Please recommend them 

Oooh I have quite many LOL. I have to ask first, which OSTs that is sung by them that you've heard or known? Songs that is sung by them as duo or as a solo song by each member is fine (If my memory serves me right, Hae Ri did sing more songs than Min Kyung for OSTs). I ask this so that I don't share the same songs that you've known :smile:

Hmm which one should I share first? :thinking:

OSTs that you might haven't heard or knew

Spoiler

- Starry Night (It was listed under their first official album, but it was released first before their official debut as a drama OST. Used in KBS Sitcom drama Here come Mr. Oh). This one is one of my favorite :)

- Hot Stuff (Drama OSTs of Take Care of Young Lady/My Fair Lady, KBS 2009. I watched this drama and like the song first, before I knew it's sung by Davichi). When they first debuted, they did sing several songs with up-beat melody.

- Because It's You (Live, tvN 2018 OSTs)

- Falling in Love (The Beauty Inside, tvN 2018 OSTs)

Will share more later after I knew your answers :MewGiggle:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

**gasps**

Girls Generation is forever ! no disbanding. Has been mentioned many times in interviews by the girls themselves. Yes Tiffany, SooYoung, Seohyun partedd ways with Sm Ent, while the other 5 Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona became the subunit Oh!GG.

Currently the group status is on Hiatus, BUT they will return for something in the future.

Now its just that they focus on their own thing working towards something they wanted to achieve personally. From Acting to solo music releases, cooking, variety shows etc.

5 hours ago, LaLa said:

I think @TRaNz favs are Tae Yeon and YoonA ? ;)

Thats tricky, I adore all the 8 members, but I think i adore Tiffany the most :wow:

And then the rest are like a close 2nd on the same level. hahaha

Like with GG, you can see on youtube mini shows and on their IGs they do still hang out together and do things together despite it not being a requirement to for work. One of the key things i love showing true bond.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ooo thanks @LaLa I do know the 3rd one - the OST for Live . As I told you on twitter I really loved the show. And I am so excited that there's a Season 2 in store. I have never heard of the rest. The  4th one is nice. Got the nice ballad feel. I don't mind any recommendations...

ahaahah @TRaNz I saw your shocked reaction at me thinking GG has disbanded. :laugh:Actually I have seen 3 of them act. SooYoung , Yoona, Yuri.  For some reason I like YuRi  alot. I have seen most of her dramas.  Must see how Seohyun does in Private Lives. I really wanna open a thread for it , but I don't have the time . lol! What are your fave GG songs then

@Merry_Shai we definitely need more recommendations here 

@abnoch join us for abit and get your mind off things. Who's your fave girl group?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahaahah @TRaNz I saw your shocked reaction at me thinking GG has disbanded. :laugh:Actually I have seen 3 of them act. SooYoung , Yoona, Yuri.  For some reason I like YuRi  alot. I have seen most of her dramas.  Must see how Seohyun does in Private Lives. I really wanna open a thread for it , but I don't have the time . lol! What are your fave GG songs then

Mmmm, I dont have favourites. Like theres about 20 or more that I like to listen to from time to time. LOL. I know doesnt answer your question does it. hahaha.

The girls are great will always follow and adore them :heart:

At the moment with active groups, I like Twice, probably just a bit more than BlackPink and Redvelvet...only a little bit

Sana is my fav from Twice...legit the happiest cute adorkable human ever. Shes one of those people you cant picture getting angry like ever. LOL.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ooo thanks @LaLa I do know the 3rd one - the OST for Live . As I told you on twitter I really loved the show. And I am so excited that there's a Season 2 in store. I have never heard of the rest. The  4th one is nice. Got the nice ballad feel. I don't mind any recommendations...

Right, I only knew that we both love Live after our conversations in twitter and excited for the Season 2. I will continue with several of their drama OSTs then. Maybe you've heard it but don't realize them as the singers :D

One of their famous OSTs besides It's Okay It's Love. This Love for Descendants of the Sun (turn on cc for the sub)

Spoiler

Sunset (OSTs of Crash Landing on You)

Maybe Hae Ri's OSTs for Her Private Life

Dear My Beloved Person, Hae Ri's OSTs for drama Poseidon. She wrote the lyrics and composed the song herself too

Translations cr: popgasa

At the end of the long day, I take it out and look
The story that I have hidden deep in my heart
Sometime in the far future, I’ll look back
And smile by the vague memories
The fragrance of the Spring days, the warm wind
Brings you and sits next to me

*Dear my loving person, even if you don’t remember me
Even if it’s a foolish love that I have only wished for
Finally now I mumble myself, that I liked you a lot
Even if I’m a fool myself, I loved you a lot

That day, those days that I wanted you
Became a song in here in my heart

*Repeat

Dear my dream-like person, even if you don’t remember
The wind, this Spring day keeps bringing you
Lightens up our memories one at a time
Now I have to blow it off with my own hands but
I hope to forget them one at a time

I will share the other songs to you privately, I'm afraid I'll turn this thread to Davichi's thread if I continue LOL

Other than SNSD, another girl group that I like is 2NE1

tag @wallflowersforjane @im0202 my parters for trivia kpop bot. Share any girl groups that you like in here :MewWave:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 9/20/2020 at 7:53 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@Merry_Shai we definitely need more recommendations here 

Recommendations for groups or songs? or both? Never worry, I got you ;) 

I have a laundry list of songs that I love (some groups no longer exist, but that's okay lol) 

Berry Good - Don't Believe (Idk what happened to them tho) 

Spoiler

Wa$$up - Shut Up U (they do not exist anymore, but their music was so so good) 

Spoiler

CLC - 1,2,3 (CLC have a lot of great songs, I can actually make a thread on their stuff alone. Also feels like i-fans don't talk about them unless it's their newer stuff & while that's great, it greatly diminishes their amazing stuff pre-girl crush eras.)

Spoiler

Ladies Code - Hate You (I still hate what happened, it's extremely hard to watch pre-Galaxy era stuff, but this non-promoted track was oh so so so good)

Spoiler

BESTie - Excuse Me (I am STILL pissed about how they ended, their agency just completely screwed them over.) 

Spoiler

That's all for now, let me know if ya'll need more lol 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 9/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@abnoch join us for abit and get your mind off things. Who's your fave girl group?

ooo hahahah. My favorite will be Mamamoo. Adore the passion, individual talents & work as a group, they give vibe 'true to themselves'. Their friendship & crackheads bring much laughs.

This one is perfectly executed.

Spoiler

And I have eye on Itzy, im not seeing much of girl groups but Idk one day I watch some of their vids and somehow my YT home have many recommendations of them & I'm not complaining at all. They are bring those youth energy 'I love me' hype.

Well thankful these days we have Studio Choom upload high quality concepted 4K cam. THANKS, CHOOM.

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

f-150-st-steam.png

The music is good, and I think the girls in these groups are super talented, but I still can't get my head around the fact that their dancing and costuming tend to be so sexy, but they're expected to be total virginal naifs when not performing. I know that boy groups have similar issues, but it seems more extreme with the girl groups, especially given the extremely revealing clothing that they're made to wear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is one of those songs that I saw the dance break out on a number of shows and dramas before I actually heard the full song or saw the video.

I think the video is a lot of fun, and the music is infectious. It's a given that the girls are all gorgeous.

Though I'm not sure how much I'm into the messaging that they're stringing a guy along in order to get him to like her more. LOL. So, guess it's appropriate that they're in cheerleader outfits when they perform this song since it's about justifying playing games. Do games really make the courtship more fun?

• Haha 1

@stroppyse

Cheer Up is one of my least favorite songs from Twice lol I prefer their earlier songs from their debut era (Candy Boy is one of my all time faves). 

Actually there was this show called Girl Spirit where it had some underrated main vocalists from girl groups & Oh My Girl's Seunghee did a slowed down version of Cheer Up and I played this version so much when it came out. 

Spoiler

As far as girl group attire, it honestly depends. There's groups that were forced into having sexier concepts and were unhappy (Stellar) and there's groups that embraced it (Girl's Day). I prefer it if groups can gradually change and mature with time versus having a drastic change, it's only happened a few times like Girl's Day who's change helped them. Sexy and mature concepts don't work for everyone though. 

@Tofu 

I'm surprised Choa is releasing stuff since it seemed like she was done with idol & singing life after she left AOA. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1