Tofu

SU4Qv9X.png

D R A M A S . 
(2017) All About Secrets
(2018) The Legend of Zu 2
(2018) She Is Beautiful
(2018) Hello Dear Ancestors
(2020) Detective Chinatown
(2020) Handsome Siblings -- Most known for his role in this drama (Xiao Yu'er)
(2020) Renascence 

(2021) Twelve Legends
(TBA) The Golden Hairpin
(TBA) Chinese Paladin 4
(TBA) Winner is King
(TBA) Secrets in the Lattice

M O V I E S .
(2018) Miss Puff
(2021) Detective Chinatown 3

• Like 1

As you know, Chen Zhe Yuan made it to our 2020 oppa banner, but not very many people knew him. He is an acting gem and arguably one of the best actors I discovered in 2020. I've been thinking about creating his shrine thread for a while, but laziness got the best of me and I never did -- but here it is! :eeeee:

I haven't watched too many of his older dramas, but his portrayal of Xiao Yu'er in Handsome Siblings was amazing. He definitely carried that drama for me and if it wasn't for him, I probably would not have watched it from beginning to end. As much as I enjoyed Hu Yi Tian (from A Love So Beautiful), he didn't really do much in the Handsome Siblings.  Chen Zhe Yuan is a young actor but I do think his acting is a lot better than some of the more popular young actors out there. Even more so than my current favorite, Wang YiBo (I know, shocking especially considering how much I adore Wang YiBo). :pandasadspoon:

Here are some more photos from his recent photoshoot during some fashion show (I forgot the name of it):

Uftiity.jpg

Spoiler

ZxQos3f.jpg

0UxbYYY.jpg

hSSwXhh.jpg

ZZirBQS.jpg

qHfTe52.jpg

rGDdaJV.jpg

D4g1VqC.jpg

hJnKJiN.jpg

6GCnAyw.jpg

A clip of some of his scenes in Handsome Siblings. Haha!

More photos:

• Haha 2

The second video in this twitter post shows how much I adore the character, Xiao Yu'er. I laughed so much watching his scenes. :laugh:

Chen Zhe Yuan's new video on Weibo talking about a skincare product, probably one that he endorses. His Weibo post says something along the lines of it's cold so don't forget to protect your skin from the cold and stay warm. 

• Like 1

Y8SNc4a.jpg

He won an award for his character in Handsome Siblings! Super happy to see this because that was by far, one of my fav. character I watched this year! He won the Potential Actor award at the 2020 China TV Drama Awards. I really don't know what potential actor means, is that the same thing as rising actor? :pandathink:

Pictures from the event (which actually happened at the beginning of December, but was just aired recently). 

Yy1FOmt.jpg

8IuaiHs.jpg

Spoiler

izZQViQ.jpg

AT9lDi8.jpg

o5DVdTx.jpg

3ccLfzE.jpg

Uh1D1bT.jpg

ddNf0bj.jpg

PkNdaq8.jpg

z8aZn1j.jpg

oYWK4Q6.jpg

KJiMNli.jpg

4eHUmPv.jpg

• Like 2

5Fo8vwj.jpg

Che Zhe Yuan also performed. I loved that they pan the camera to his upcoming costar (Winner is King) and his previous costar (Handsome Siblings). :laugh:

The full video is here with the other two performers (he's the second one), but his song was muted because of copyright violation, probably. 

Spoiler

Clip of one of his practice for the song:

Spoiler

This probably gives the best timeline of everything Che Zhe Yuan related at this event: https://twitter.com/lovezheyuan/status/1344993393512833026

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been slacking on updating this shrine but in general, Chen Zhe Yuan doesn't really update much. :idk:

New photos that he posted a few days ago. Seems like he was going for that shaky print photo look?

tJ5rMUX.jpg

Spoiler

1m5SPFQ.jpg

oVEubur.jpg

8wmGM0P.jpg

KRChnYZ.jpg

RUqTiHD.jpg

Qt5Q0NX.jpg

Knbf0L7.jpg

Photoshoot for Chic Banana, let's not talk about that red shirt/brown pants with the chain belt look. Just an interesting choice. Haha!

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

He was recently on a show and answered that if someone asked if he was Chen ZheYuan, he would tell them he is G-Dragon instead. :laugh:

Lots of photos/screengrabs from this interview:

Spoiler

FdgnoZx.jpg

Y8jyOR6.jpg

RpbGZV0.jpg

rmHdq8H.jpg

JQMJY4C.jpg

GXArEs9.jpg

He was on another show that came out too (to promote Detective Chinatown 3). He was asked to carry one of the other celebrity (I forgot his name) and asked to repeat a tongue twister. Everyone was impressed that he could carry the other person. With the amount of times the celebrities have to carry their costar in Chinese period dramas, I was not surprised that he could do it. Haha!

More photos of him, he looks good in red!

cN5tveF.jpg

Spoiler

QpeVkLK.jpg

wHWXxR0.jpg

2LbZvZd.jpg

JoGlQqz.jpg

SIm4a1z.jpg

sYK7cG2.jpg

wzzgMd9.jpg

cduJDbk.jpg

LwxHGPz.jpg

n6q22qw.jpg

2fRzroO.jpg

• Like 2

Chen ZheYuan's sweater is from Lanvin's 2021 Spring Ready to Wear line. They did a showcase back in October 2020 located in Shanghai. His sweater is actually part of the women's line, which I've noticed that many Chinese actors wear quite a few pieces from the women's line instead (e.g. Wang YiBo and Chanel)

yx32Mz8.png

Just some gifs I made from one of the clips he was in this week:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 4

@NiteWalker - I remembered @40somethingahjumma mentioning that he was great in Handsome Siblings too! He is definitely a rising star and someone to look out for in the future. His performance in Renascence was ok, but in general, I think that drama just wasn't that good. I had a hard time getting through it and ended up fast-forwarding many of the episodes. 

I think Winner is King is probably the next project of his that's the closest to being aired. The rest, I don't think he started filming for them or he just finished. I guess he has a small part in Twelve Legends that's rumored to air in March/April; however, that's more Jasper's drama. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Haha... yes you're both right @NiteWalker and @Tofu

I became a bit of a fan of CZY after Handsome Siblings and he lit up the screen every time he was in it. I liked him with both women. I also thought his chemistry with Hu Yitian wasn't bad either.

I didn't really enjoy Renascence either. I've complained about it elsewhere but yeah, the script for that wasn't the best and the female lead just didn't do it for me.

• Like 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it happens often where he gets a magazine spread, at least not since I've known about him. Haha! Usually his photos are from events he attends. 

f8vIgoN.jpg

Chen Zhe Yuan is wearing that Mon Petit shirt that was part of the controversary with someone who took a selfie wearing a fake one. I don't remember who that female celebrity is, I just remember hearing about it. :laugh:

56zd8QK.jpg

Spoiler

3DKzGW9.jpg

aUHcGJM.jpg

Qsqc8cv.jpg

Spoiler

10fJ65b.jpg

Spoiler

qydcELo.jpg

K5ABTxE.jpg

myCyVMR.jpg

HFtn7xd.jpg