Killer And Healer 恨君不似江楼月 [2021]

Bo4PV_4f.jpg

Cast:

2d8Lds.jpg
Q7w54s.jpg

Ian Yi

Main Role

Synopsis:

A story that follows "violent" cop Jiang Yue and good doctor Chen Yu Zhi as they support and redeem each other during troubled times. They are polar opposites - one kills while one heals. Jiang Yue Lou who heads the Jingcheng Police Station appears to be neither good nor evil. Smugglers tremble at the thought of him. While investigating an opium case in Hong Kong, Jiang Yue Lou encounters doctor Chen Yu Zhi. Chen Yu Zhi discovers that Jiang Yue Lou has manic depression. From his initial refusal to undergo treatment, Jiang Yue Lou eventually opens up to Chen Yu Zhi. Despite their values being as different as day and night, they become close friends. Meanwhile, warlord Zhan Jun Bai, tycoon Zhao Jing Ming and rogue gangster Zhou Huo continue to make trouble and even attempt to put Jiang Yue Lou to death. At this time, the secrets from the past also rise to the surface.

(Source: cdramainfo)

Native Title: 恨君不似江楼月

CREDIT: MDL

(PS: More info to be updated in time...)

Airing Schedule:

kPjyk_3f.jpg

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

To date, 4 episodes are up on YT, in raw. But the mgtv translation team is still working on their English subs. It wouldn't be too long...  ENJOY!

The playlist:

• Like 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

noveladaptationfromscreenplaytocome.jpg

An anomaly of an adaptation. Just like The Wolf drama, this drama will also be adapting its same name novel from its original screenplay. This adaptation is already in the works.

I bet there'll be much interest in it. This bromance is cute, funny, and soooo good for the eyes lol. 

• Like 2

Characters:

• Mao Zijun as Jiang Yuelou (Main Cast)

c1a.png

• Ian Yi as Chen Yuzhi (Main Cast)

x3a.png

• Guo Shutong as Chu Ran (Supporting Cast)

c3a.png

Other Supporting Cast:

Spoiler
  • Patrick Quan as Yu Tangchun

c4a.png

• Chen Yucheng as Zhan Junbai

c5a.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

@oppasaranghaeyo - Are you watching this?! It sounds interesting but MangoTV doesn't have the first episode out yet. =(

Yes. I've checked out Ep 1 at mgtv.com via its app, and loved it. Hence,  hoping this thread will alert more viewers to watch it. Btw, the first four episodes are free (but raw), while 5 onward will need subscription. And the good news for international viewers is that mgtv's YT channel will soon provide English subs, just as you've stated.

TBT, I like MZJ a lot (still new to IY). Ever since his Legend of Hao Lan role as the Crown Prince held in hostage and later enthroned, I've started to "follow" him. He was good there, though his role was a little understated, both in character development and in overall plot. 

QKP6gf.jpg

WQzPpf.jpg

It gives a Winter Begonia feel, but the plot is very different. Anyone who loves WB will love this drama, I believe.  

ZP6Qq_3f.jpg

Ry3Qx_3f.jpg

MZJ looks good here. This bromance between him and Ian Yi is growing on me. Don't you think they look good together? The plot sounds awesome.

@NiteWalker Thanks so much for your help with this thread. I would have been so very lost without your help, this being my first thread on JH. :love:

to add more pics
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I was watching the drama, I seemed to see flashes of Louis Koo in his younger days. Isn't there a striking resemblance of Ian Yi to Louis Koo?  :thinking:

PS: No idea when these two photos were taken. I thought they look very much alike.

image.jpgbbd2f07866129beab7135473fe6c2936.jpg

Official BTS - The beautiful memories of the brothers in the snow.

Src: MGTV Drama Channel

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i cant place my fingers on this one...he sounds familiar or his pictures look familiar to me

Me neither. He is "new" to me. I think this is the first drama of his that I am watching. But he does have quite a portfolio. Just not what I've been watching lol. No doubt very cute lol, and thus far (3 episodes), seems quite good in portraying a doctor in this drama.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...