Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

I’m rewatching bits from Pt 1 episode 1 again and there are many things in this world that remain puzzling. I wish these were more adequately addressed. How and why Buyeon/Seolran - despite her strong divine powers - went missing for so many years remains a mystery. And how and why she “chose” Cho Yeong’s soul to reside in hers too is unclear. Any theories? 

And it seems Seolran is still in Buyeon’s body. So she lives her life as Buyeon?

@Lynne@ktcjdrama@Tofu

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

How and why Buyeon/Seolran - despite her strong divine powers - went missing for so many years remains a mystery. And how and why she “chose” Cho Yeong’s soul to reside in hers too is unclear. Any theories? 

Many years is the 200 years? Or the years lived as MD? If the latter, my interpretation is that, she was pushed into the lake, carried by the current probably and washed ashore at Sari village. She has no idea how to get back to where she was from, probably really have amnesia, or just pretending while trying to figure out a way to go back home safely. She could sense the strong energy from Naksu (when she pushed her away) and decided this is her chance to recover her energy. She was about to be “sold” also, so maybe that’s one of the ways she figured out how to go back. If I remember correctly, she asked to be “sold”. Have to rewatch to make sure though. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Aiyo aiyo aiyo! Will you look at them!!!

Time for us to build a ship? 😃

Wasn’t the forest fireflies scene one of the earliest scenes... how come they’re holding flowers 🤔 that usually happens for last shooting, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 3 weeks later...