Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

I'm glad the situation with Yeol was resolved within one episode. I was worried they might extend it because the drama is starting to drag a little bit with it's major issues. Although, I do have to say, the removal of the blood parasite was a bit anticlimactic. From how damaging this parasite was to the trouble everyone went through to find a solution/cure, it took only a few seconds to remove. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@ktcjdrama Yes! The bickering was good. I had FEELS from it leading up to the kiss.

@Tofu Same, but since my focus in S2 is the OTP, I'm not going to complain about the push & pull between Jang Wook and Bu Yeon/Naksu. Hahaha! The removal of the blood worm seems easy and can be done by just about anyone and man, it took so long to get there.

• • •

To be honest I'm getting confused with the plot. I thought in the beginning Master Lee said Bu Yeon's soul is gone. Then why is it now he's saying the opposite? Plus I've always wondered why Master Lee is also a soul-shifter and he's always fine but why others aren't? Is it because of the incompatibility of the soul with the body? Naksu was fine in Mudeok's body at first too and then it didn't.

I think in the end Bu Yeon and Naksu have to co-exist in that one body for everyone to have a happy ending. I find it too cruel for Jang Wook especially to fall in love with the same soul same body again and lose her, again. Also I just think, it's also unfair to Bu Yeon. Maybe who Jang Wook love isn't just Naksu but also Bu Yeon and vice versa.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@ktcjdrama The kiss scene was really nice and that's so funny that someone timed it. LOL!! 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Then why is it now he's saying the opposite?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was different from what he originally said. Maybe they will clarify it soon or maybe they won't and we all pretend we didn't notice this detail. Haha! 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think in the end Bu Yeon and Naksu have to co-exist in that one body for everyone to have a happy ending. I find it too cruel for Jang Wook especially to fall in love with the same soul same body again and lose her, again. Also I just think, it's also unfair to Bu Yeon. Maybe who Jang Wook love isn't just Naksu but also Bu Yeon and vice versa.

Exactly! I would feel so bad for Jang Wook if he falls in love with her and loses her again. I do like that they had Jang Wook fall in love with Jin Bu Yeon without knowing Naksu's soul is in her body. If it was the other way around, I would worried that he only loves her because of Naksu.

I just realized I told my friend I would go with her to the market tomorrow at 9am. That's when Alchemy is released on Netflix for me. I won't be home until the evening too. 😭 I will rely on everyone for spoilers! 😅

• Haha 3

Wonder why Master Lee lied to Bu Yeon's mother about Bu Yeon's soul still inside her own body. Good thing that the latest episode showed it was deliberately concealed and wasn't because the Hong sisters smoked crack and changed the script later.

Is it my own wishful thinking that the Crown Prince is just pretending to let Jin Mu have his way? I really want to believe the Prince is good and join hands with Jang Wook to take down Jin Mu.

The ending scene... I know Naksu subconsciously must have summoned Jang Wook with the stone but how did Jang Wook get in that realm? Or he's always been able to go there as he wishes because of the ice stone? The skeleton on the ground and the blue stone in the chest, that is Jang Wook isn't it? She nearly took the ice stone out of him.

I really like their lights on/off references now, especially when Jang Wook was changing and he's all, "Ahhh don't turn the light off now it's dangerous!" :laugh: But as the viewers, I want to see dangerous!

3VDxTqh

Oh yeah, here's Lee Jae Wook's vlog. Rowoon sent him food support!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I know Naksu subconsciously must have summoned Jang Wook with the stone but how did Jang Wook get in that realm? Or he's always been able to go there as he wishes because of the ice stone? The skeleton on the ground and the blue stone in the chest, that is Jang Wook isn't it? She nearly took the ice stone out of him.

He did say once that there isn’t any place that he cannot go to. So it’s just a matter of whether he wants to go or not. And in the BTS, we’re shown that the CP joined them inside. Which again I wonder why because I thought it’s a dangerous place and you might not come out of it. 

As for the skeleton, I don’t think that’s JW. I am of the thought his body is never destroyed, so no remains supposedly. As for whether that’s the ice stone, I question it too because shouldn’t possessing the ice stone make you so strong and be able to live through anything? I would assume that’s including the Gwido. Some people said the skeleton belongs to the mage who entered 200 years ago and never came out. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

He did say once that there isn’t any place that he cannot go to. So it’s just a matter of whether he wants to go or not. And in the BTS, we’re shown that the CP joined them inside. Which again I wonder why because I thought it’s a dangerous place and you might not come out of it. 

Interesting to find the Crown Prince were in the realm too. Now I'm wondering whether upon summoning, Jang Wook materialises at the entrance and asked to enter to save Bu Yeon. Then Crown Prince decided to tag along and on his way he found turtle.

Fill me in what's this Gwido again? 😅

img.gif

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3

Damnn I haven't been on my own thread for ages! I'm up to episode 5 @mademoiselle and @Tofu 

I just love Lee Jae Wook and Go Youn Jung so much :heart::heart::heart:

So much chemistry and slow burn romantic tension :hearties:

I've been meaning to write a proper write up but still 3 eps behind :scaredpanda2:

• Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Hahahaha pali pali! Your boy sure can kiss!

You know when I first saw the hot kiss, I was actually wondering if he'll be teased by his best mate RW. :laugh: And then I got jelly because LJW got himself a really awesome visually matching co-star that I shipped this time and his best mate hasn't (yet). :pandasadspoon: Then again, would I want him to... that's my dilemma. :scaredpanda2: Ahhh c'est la vie of a fangirl. :lmao2:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Fill me in what's this Gwido again?

Literal translation Ghost Island 鬼島. It's the prison for those who was caught to perform sorcery, as explained by Jin Mu. I don't remember if it was ever mentioned in Part 1. The mage who died 200 years ago, was mentioned by the CP. I also don't remember if this is ever been mentioned in Part 1 :laugh:

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Literal translation Ghost Island 鬼島. It's the prison for those who was caught to perform sorcery, as explained by Jin Mu. I don't remember if it was ever mentioned in Part 1. The mage who died 200 years ago, was mentioned by the CP. I also don't remember if this is ever been mentioned in Part 1 :laugh:

Oh now I remember. I was thinking what's "do" in "Gwido".

• Like 1

I loved this weekend's episodes, which makes me think that coming to the end next week is way too soon. Again, as everyone else has noted, Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung's chemistry is off the charts! I hope they will do another drama together. And yes, early on in LJW's career, I already noted - this boy can kiss... Hahahaha...

But more importantly, I have questions.

I've asked this before but it's still confusing to me. So, the 4 noble families are that of Seo, Jin, Jang and Park, yes?
- Songrim - that is the house of Park, like Montagut and Capulet?
- Sejukwon - that's like a hospital and the Heo family are the ones gifted in the art of healing?

- Cheonbukwon - is that the organisation of mages that come under the royal family's charge?

- Jinyowon - the house of mysterious magical artefacts that is under the care of the Jin family (for now)

- And then what's the name of the building that Jang Uk keeps returning to to stay in instead of home?

On 1/2/2023 at 3:36 PM, mademoiselle said:

Wonder why Master Lee lied to Bu Yeon's mother about Bu Yeon's soul still inside her own body. Good thing that the latest episode showed it was deliberately concealed and wasn't because the Hong sisters smoked crack and changed the script later.

Is it my own wishful thinking that the Crown Prince is just pretending to let Jin Mu have his way? I really want to believe the Prince is good and join hands with Jang Wook to take down Jin Mu.

So ya, my take on this is that Master Lee lied to Lady Jin cos if she knew she could somehow expel Naksu's soul she might just bring about more evil than good. That's what I'm thinking. But I'm not really sure what's going on with Buyeon either. I don't quite like her (her soul, more specifically) at the moment. I didn't like how she interacted with Naksu; she reeks of her mother's arrogance. Expel her instead, I say.

And for the Crown Prince, yes, I too want to believe he's stringing Jin Mu along for some other purpose. He's like the Royal family's only hope now. Not as cowardly as his father, not as vain as his mother. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

And then what's the name of the building that Jang Uk keeps returning to to stay in instead of home?

Jung Jing Gak? Think it's just a place where mage gather and train together, isn't it?

And yes, early on in LJW's career, I already noted - this boy can kiss... Hahahaha...

True that except he hasn't kissed his co-star so passionately ... :pandacool:@JenL's VIP Oppa is so young and already so skilled. Tsk tsk ... what does that tell us?

So ya, my take on this is that Master Lee lied to Lady Jin cos if she knew she could somehow expel Naksu's soul she might just bring about more evil than good.

She can't expel Naksu out of the body. She isn't powerful enough. In the latest episode, Master Lee said only Jang Wook has the power to force a soul out of the body but it is taboo. Maybe Master Lee planned it this way so that later on he can strike a deal with Jang Wook not to hurt the Jin family or vice versa.

Also that skeleton with the blue sphere bugs me. That had to mean something later on. If that is not Jang Wook's "skeleton" with the ice stone then maybe it's another ice stone and maybe that ice stone bring Naksu back to life...

And for the Crown Prince, yes, I too want to believe he's stringing Jin Mu along for some other purpose. He's like the Royal family's only hope now. Not as cowardly as his father, not as vain as his mother. 

I love how he's disappointed to find out Jang Wook helped him with the turtle was all because of Bu Yeon. Hahahaha! So cute. I FF season 1 so I've no idea the Crown Prince is so fond of Jang Wook & desire his attention:lmao2:. But yeah, I'm of the opinion that the Crown Prince is pretending to listen to Jin Mu and collecting evidence of his sins and will once and for all punish him later.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

- And then what's the name of the building that Jang Uk keeps returning to to stay in instead of home?

Jeongjingak.

From what I understand, both Jeongjingak and Sejukwon are inside Songrim. Or, for sure that Jeongjingak is Songrim. Sejukwon might be another place. But since in ep.8 when JCY found JBY in Sejukwon to fetch her back to Jinyowon, she asked JCY to wait for her get something from Jeongjingak, I am pretty sure Sejukwon is inside Songrim as well. 

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

And yes, early on in LJW's career, I already noted - this boy can kiss... Hahahaha...

To add to that, GYJ is doing a lot of the kissing too. Notice she is the one who moved her mouth to open first. Only then we can have such passionate kiss between the two 🥰

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

To add to that, GYJ is doing a lot of the kissing too. Notice she is the one who moved her mouth to open first. Only then we can have such passionate kiss between the two

Yeahhhh like this one right? It's nice when the lady kisses back passionately too and not just the guy who does all the work

img.gif

• Heart Eyes 1