Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So this thing about JCY being asked to wait for her sister… while things were getting wild in Jeongjingak… and then she emerges with Jang Uk… nowhere near where her sister was waiting..? 😂😂😂

:thinking: They emerged from Jeongjingak, sister waiting in Sejukwon? Lucky them not being found out :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

She can't expel Naksu out of the body. She isn't powerful enough. In the latest episode, Master Lee said only Jang Wook has the power to force a soul out of the body but it is taboo. Maybe Master Lee planned it this way so that later on he can strike a deal with Jang Wook not to hurt the Jin family or vice versa.

Yeah, so she can’t, but she is manipulative enough to make Jang Uk do that if she knew of the potential. I’m sure she’s scheming up something still for the sake of continued power held in the management of magical artefacts. 

Has anyone also come across this theory that Naksu might be the fire bird? Or perhaps more accurately, she will be the one to wield the power of the fire bird, given she is able to give Jang Uk the warmth to counter the cold that the ice stone brings him. Just that this ability, I wonder if, comes only because of Buyeon. I still don’t like the real Buyeon, i.e. her soul. But I wonder if there will come a realisation that the power they wield (Naksu and Buyeon) can only be of that level if it is held by both.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Has anyone also come across this theory that Naksu might be the fire bird? Or perhaps more accurately, she will be the one to wield the power of the fire bird, given she is able to give Jang Uk the warmth to counter the cold that the ice stone brings him. Just that this ability, I wonder if, comes only because of Buyeon. I still don’t like the real Buyeon, i.e. her soul. But I wonder if there will come a realisation that the power they wield (Naksu and Buyeon) can only be of that level if it is held by both.

Yes I read about Naksu being the fire bird. I think Cho Yeong must have some kind of inherent ability/power to become the best assassin. I mean, she was trained by Jin Mu but it is obvious she is better than Jin Mu in her ability, no? A pupil cannot be better than her master unless she has something that he doesn’t have, right? Urgh, I am still upset that so many people seems to be afraid of Jin Mu when all he could do was manipulate people with words. Anyway, I do hope that JBY see something in Naksu that she decided to trap her soul in her body. And I too agree, BY’s soul is not likable, as in, I never detect kindness in her speech to Naksu whenever she appeared. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I was rewatching some scenes from Part 1, just because, and I now think the skeleton belongs to Jang Gang. In ep.19, he killed himself to redeem for all the mess he caused for using and taking the ice stone in the first place. And the way he killed himself was by hitting an ice stone onto his chest. He practiced sorcery, so he must’ve gone inside Gwido? 

Another thing I noticed, Yul has always have a weak body. In one flashback to their childhood, he fell sick worrying because the theee of them were covering up an accident caused by Dang Gu. Then in ep.19, just like in ep.27, Jang Uk also took a very bold move, ie.risking losing all his skills and energy to save a severely wounded Yul inside the forced field. At this point, tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised and wouldn’t mind if Yul sacrificed his life to save Jang Uk and Naksu so as to allow them to be together. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

This is it! It’s the weekend! 

I wish this series wasn’t ending already. I feel like we’ve only just got started with Uk and Buyeon…

Yeah... It's really too bad there's only 10 episodes now with this pairing. I love watching them. Lost count already how many times I rewatched some of their bickering scenes, and of course especially the making out scenes. :pandahehe:

This is one of the dramas that I make sure to clear every other stuff, standby with my laptop and keep refreshing Netflix whether or not the new episode is uploaded or not. I even announced to the family Netflix is mine from xx:xx hour to xx:xx hour. It's one that I feel very anxious anticipating how it will end. I'd like to think that with the ending of Part 1, where both our leads died, the ending of Part 2 would not be so uncreative to serve us the same, right? Many people are not liking how Part 2 is focused on the romance of OTP. I for sure do not mind at all, what with the subtitle saying "Light and Shadow", of course it's going to focus on these two. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Part 2 Episodes 1-8

So I finally caught up for the big finale this week! I thought AOS Part 1 was ok, but it's really been part 2 that I've loved. And while I don't mind Jung So Min, I have to say I really fell in love with Naksu in the form of Go Youn Jung the moment I saw her in Part 1 when she said that line about how they call her Naksu coz heads roll everywhere that she goes. What can I say, I just love a badass character! :idk:

I do kind of wish they had split the seasons evenly in the form of 15 episode and 15 episodes because I can't help but feel like there was a long set up to the tradgedy that led to this second season, but not enough time with the hot and cold romance between Jang Uk and JIn Bu Yeon, both who are not aware that she is actually Naksu. The intensity and push and pull of their relationship has been fun and even though sometimes these sorts of hot and cold romances can really irk me (especially when the guy has been in love with someone else), it was entertaining in this series mainly because the person Jang Uk has been pining for is literally in front of his eyes, with her true identity and he's in love with the same person anyway. There's a good level of irony and all this time wasted because they didn't know things also feeds into that sense of impending tradegy :BulbaConfused::laugh:

I really didn't mind Yun-Ok in the fiirst Part, but in Part 2 her character is so annoying! I mean, sure I feel bad for her unrequited crush, but honestly she's not meddling to save anyone. Sh'es meddling out of jealousy and it's messed up.:pandarage2: Speaking of Unrequited love, this series really is so full of doomed, unfulfilled crushes :laugh: Seo Yul towards Naksu, Sol-i towards Seo Yul, Naksu in Jin Bu Yeon form towards Jang Uk who pining over Naku in Mu Deokie form, Mu Deok being the real Jin Bu Yeon...:psweatduck::psweatduck::psweatduck:

The character I feel is probably the most interestiing due to compelxity is probably the Crown Prince, who is obvious smart and likes Jang Uk, but also simultanously fears him and feels a sense of jealousy in some ways for the things he wishes he could have. It's unfortunate that every time he encounters a girl he likes it's Jang Uks...and the person who cann challenge hhis entire position iib the world is Jang Uk. His actions in part 2 seem cowardly. But somehow, even though he is keeping Jin Mu alive, I can't hate him or not find him somewhat relatable in his humanness. :idk:

Finally, the romance is soooo pretty in part 2 and I think even though Lee Jae Wook does pretty well acting along side actresses who are far older than he is, it hits diifferently when he gets to act wiith someone in his age group. It's so cute that they get along so well and their visuals are everything :hearties: But also I feel like their chemistry is strong and the banter/ comedic timing is nicely paced between them both. I'm a fan of it all 

BUT I DON"T WANT THEM TO HEAD TOWARDS TRADGEDY :scaredpanda2::scaredpanda2::scaredpanda2:

• Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Watching Episode 9 now and I just want to say there is one 'relationship' that I love more than the main pair...

It's the bromancey banter and silliness between the Crown Prince and Jang Uk :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I cannot when they open their mouths! Revenge for the turtle, trying to figure out Jin Bu Yeon's "lover" :lol:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 9's best two scenes go to Crown Prince and Jang Wook. It honestly was funny that Crown Prince's reason of abandoning Jin Mu was because Jin Mu threw away his pet turtle. The reason should have been something more signifcant rather than a turtle but yet it strangely felt justified :laugh:. I guess in another metaphor/perspective, Jin Mu threw away something the Crown Prince treasures without his permission, that shows utter disrespect and definitely serves as a strong sign that if he could do this, he would do the same thing to the Crown Prince later.

Of course the best scene had to be Jang Wook talking to Crown Prince about Bu Yeon. That whole conversation was hilarious and very well acted out by both actors. I love it. "Maybe she's in love with a married man" ~ :lmao2: Omg.

Honestly Master Lee. Stops speaking in codes already. LOL. So now he is suggesting Bu Yeon is actually Jin Seol Ran??? I'm not even sure HOW the heck that can happen but let's roll with it since it's the last week now. Based on the preview, I supposed if it is inevitable that the fire bird (= phoenix?) is going to awake and another ice stone will be bestowed upon them, I don't see why it wouldn't be used on Naksu... so that in the end, both Jang Wook and Naksu stayed alive because of the ice stone. :idk:

Back to the kiss scene, the whole set-up (them in a secluded place/hut) is so suggestive but then they ended the kiss and cut back to Jin Mu. Like, really? The atmosphere was just right!

And what was that last scene with three coffins there? I'd be very upset if Kim Do Joo and Park Jin are dead. The other coffin can't be Master Lee, can it?

As for the spiritual creature Hyeonwu disguising as a turtle, I'd think it's a good sign that it helped both Jang Wook, Naksu and the Crown Prince. It looked very much like in the end this lousy King will die. The Crown Prince will ascend to be King instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seriouslyyyy... why can't Jin Mu just die already! Note: I haven't seen the episode yet, only spoilers.

If you can stay away from spoilers, better just watch ep.9 and 10 back to back. I'm so furious and sad now, I don't think I can sleep... Having to wait 20+ hours before I know what's going to happen is so difficult. I think I will just keep scouring for comments online. 

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And what was that last scene with three coffins there? I'd be very upset if Kim Do Joo and Park Jin are dead. The other coffin can't be Master Lee, can it?

Didn't realise you already watched. My guess is KDJ, PJ and JHK. Coz JCY was crying too... 

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Back to the kiss scene, the whole set-up (them in a secluded place/hut) is so suggestive but then they ended the kiss and cut back to Jin Mu. Like, really? The atmosphere was just right!

I think a series of scenes at the end of ep.9 is just like preview to ep.10. Notice in the preview, we see Jang Uk just arriving. That must be before the coffin scene. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

The three coffins at the end! :shocked: I really hope it is not Kim Do Joo and Park Jin too, but the symbols on the coffins tell who it is...

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Honestly Master Lee. Stops speaking in codes already.

When he suggested it was someone else, I was like, "Does he actually know who it is or is he just making things up now?" :laugh:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seriouslyyyy... why can't Jin Mu just die already!

I know! I was so upset when I saw what happened at the end. :GengarPout:

• Like 2

@Tofu @ktcjdrama Yeah I think it's correct to say the coffins belong to Park Jin, Kim Do Joo and Jin Mama based on the family symbol. Tsk. Ugh. Should we be glad that it is them who died which means there is unlikely any death to the main protagonists especially Naksu?

I think all Master Lee say is assumptions. LOL.

So in the end all of those power hunger elders just wanted the ice stone for themselves. To be honest the ice stone cannot keep existing... else every 10-30 years when some power hungry men will start thinking they want immortality and power, and history will just repeat itself.

Maybe Jang Wook can strike a deal with the real Jin Bu Yeon that when Naksu dies from natural death, Jin Bu Yeon will take the ice stone out of him and he can die along with her too...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe Jang Wook can strike a deal with the real Jin Bu Yeon

As of the latest episode, there is no new soul of JBY. It is Jin Seol Ran in that body after all since birth... With the 3 deaths, I am assuming there will be no more deaths of people from the good side.

My question about why the King, the Unanimous Assembly just let Jin Mu be is now answered. They've been in cahoots all these while! Urgh!! Stupid King!

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif