Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The only question now is whether both souls continue to manifest as individual entities in the body through distinct memories, or whether they will eventually merge into a single being.

This is what I hope will happen. 

Anyway, that psychotic Mama Jin is so cruel to instill excruciating pain into “her dear daughter” in order for her to come back. I do love the part where Jang Uk came and destroyed the thread tracker thingy. The way he claimed his wife cannot sleep was just so swoon-worthy, leaving Mama Jin speechless 😄

I wonder what is that red thing that was found in the dried up wells by Master Lee. Who could’ve put them there? Someone theorized that it is used to gather all the water/moisture for the Queen, who is another psycho as well. Poor CP having both loser parents. I hope he will ascend the throne soon. 

Love how Kim Doju put Heo in her place that she need not mind Jang Uk anymore since he now has a fiancée. I was hoping she can be paired with Seo Yul like maybe when helping him be cured from the worm blood, but not anymore. She is too hang up on Jang Uk that whatever she is giving Yul is probably not wholeheartedly. Speaking of which, I would never want Yul be with So Yi too. She is just evil. Torturing people like that to get money paid back to her. I don’t buy any argument out there saying she is forced to be like that because she works for Jin Mu, that she is just doing Jin Mu’s bidding. Nope, her heart is dark, which explains the way she does things. She no longer is suffering with the worm blood since it is no longer in her body. She was just pretending so in front of Jin Mu to keep getting the medicine for Yul. If she really cares about Yul, she would’ve told him the whole story so that he can get treated completely and permanently. It also was never implied that she needs to pay any tributes to Jin Mu from her gambling den, or that the place actually belongs to Jin Mu, that she is just working there. I believe she owns the place and is her own boss. The way she runs that place tells us how evil her heart is. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I wanted to scold Jang Uk for yelling so loud at JBY, that he would regret he did that when he finds out the truth later, but seeing that he actually stayed back and helped her made me forgive him, haha... 

Oh no, with the blue jade, now Naksu is going to think each of her regained memory is that of Mu Deok? That’s not good...

I am happy to see the friendship between CP and Naksu remains the same. They somehow just connect so well with each other. 

Seems like Seo Yul is deliberately punishing himself by not trying to find a cure for his situation. I like him but I really dislike this part of him. It made him look weak. Yeah, So Yi, you’d better tell other people what’s wrong with him so he could be helped. Otherwise, he would surely die. Seems like he is just waiting for his demise too. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I don't know anything about the storyline, but I'm so invested in the chemistry between the leads that I continue to watch this drama. This week, I actually did not just watch LJW's scene. I watched both episodes (minus a few FFing on some parts). Hopefully, through everyone's posts, I'll be able to make sense of the storyline. :psweatduck:

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

the hit fantasy-romance drama "Alchemy of Souls" is back with new episodes, and ITZY's Lia's up first to release a new OST. Lia released the song "Blue Flower", with her charming tone and deep emotional expression that perfectly captured the song's colors. it is described to convey the love of the main characters who live with deep and sorrowful love in their hearts, so deep that they are no longer afraid of death.

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I’ve been meaning to post this since last weekend but somehow everything else got the better of me. As always, it was a good 2 episodes again, and that ending scene! :wow: My only question to that would be - who did he actually see? Naksu or Buyeon? Am wondering if the start of episode 5 is going to jerk us backwards into Jang Uk’s sudden realisation that it was Buyeon he was interacting with. I’d like for him to actually soften towards Buyeon despite keeping the memory of Naksu though. 

Question - is it really so that no one knows what adult Naksu looks like? Surely Park Jin and the posse of mages who dealt her the final death blow would be able to recognise her when they see her, right? None of them were in the Unanimous Assembly? 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Question - is it really so that no one knows what adult Naksu looks like? Surely Park Jin and the posse of mages who dealt her the final death blow would be able to recognise her when they see her, right? None of them were in the Unanimous Assembly? 

Many have discussed about this. I guess I have to agree that for someone we've met briefly 3 years ago, we probably couldn't remember that person enough. The only person well acquainted with Naksu is Jin Mu, but even he was unsure, because her height and build (supposedly) are different. Only the face is the same. As for Yul, he remembered her in teenage years. When as adult, he only recognised the bird whistle and only suspected that cold corpse was Naksu. I can accept those arguments. If not, I'm simply just going to go with kdrama logic, where putting on a pair of glasses and a mole on your face will disguise you that no one ever recognised you as the same person :laugh:

I was rewatching the part when JBY first discovered the blue egg. She wasn't touching the stone tower yet when she had that piece of memory flashing back to her. Only after the memory came back that the stone tower collapsed a little and revealed the blue egg. So, was she lying about reading the memory from touching the egg (because of how furious JU was about it), or is this a plot hole/messy writing from production? :nervous: Some people also are saying that the blue light in her eyes is just a reflection of that blue egg, but she actually was having her head down, then the flashes of blue light, before she looked up and saw the egg. So yeah, I prefer to interpret that blue light in her eyes as what she had before, the mark of AOS. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was rewatching the part when JBY first discovered the blue egg. She wasn't touching the stone tower yet when she had that piece of memory flashing back to her. Only after the memory came back that the stone tower collapsed a little and revealed the blue egg. So, was she lying about reading the memory from touching the egg (because of how furious JU was about it), or is this a plot hole/messy writing from production? :nervous: 

I think she only saw the scenes from the past when she was holding the blue egg in her hands.    :thinking:

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some people also are saying that the blue light in her eyes is just a reflection of that blue egg, but she actually was having her head down, then the flashes of blue light, before she looked up and saw the egg. So yeah, I prefer to interpret that blue light in her eyes as what she had before, the mark of AOS. 

Oh, you are right...  That was the blue mark...   

Loved the scene when Yul wanted to hug Uk...   :smile:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I think she only saw the scenes from the past when she was holding the blue egg in her hands. 

I thought so too at first. But check ep.3, around 40min mark. She was only standing in front of the stone tower when the memory came rushing in. Then, the stone tower collapsed a bit, then she saw the blue egg there. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought so too at first. But check ep.3, around 40min mark. She was only standing in front of the stone tower when the memory came rushing in. Then, the stone tower collapsed a bit, then she saw the blue egg there. 

Yes, the memory came back even before she touched the stones...  I didnt notice this...

new stills...  

• Like 3

Fky_Z8daMAEMEBf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fky_Z8bagAEqcsY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

Fky_Z8YaEAAPghQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409Fky_Z8XacAA-Dv4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

LOL, I remember the PD said in an interview before there were so much to explore about the characters and hence they are having S2 but so far I don't see the PD exploring the other family's backstory or background. The main focus is either the OTP or those two older ones 🙄. I'm enjoying the push & pull between the OTP so am not complaining about that... I like seeing Wook getting confused yet being amused by and worried for Bu Yeon/Naksu.

• Like 3

I feel like episode 5 and 6 were kind of fillers. Did anyone else think the same too? The story didn't really move much nor did the romance really develop either. 

I hope that the last four episodes provides us with more substances. I'm glad to know Yeol's blood parasite condition is finally disclosed to Wook. 

AOS-11.gif

• Like 3

Now I'm wondering what would happen once Buyeon regains all her powers. It must mean then she will be strong enough to reject Naksu's soul. But who then is interacting with everyone now? Buyeon, Naksu, or both? Who's actually in love with Jang Uk? Buyeon, Naksu, or both? Buyeon can't see without Naksu though. Naksu gave her sight. What if Buyeon chooses to amalgamate with Naksu? Goodness. What a mess.

I like how Jang Uk knew that he was kissing Buyeon and not Mudeok-Naksu. And I love how she is confusing him. He never thought his heart could waver, but it is, even as he is unsure of why or how. It just means he is finally healing. But oh, how cruel it will be when he finds out that she is Naksu afterall, and a second possibility of losing her again would be more than devastating because the love would not just be of a love one revived - it would be of a loved one twice over.

About her memories regained at the tower of stones - yes, she saw flashes of memory as she neared the space. It was when she approached that the stones fell (after she saw scenes of memories flash in her mind) that the blue stone was revealed and she picked it up. Right? At least that's how I remembered it. I haven't had the time to re-watch that bit. 

And gee... Mama Jin is quite the nasty mother, isn't she. She's power obsessed. She ought not to be custodian of all those magical artefacts - she abuses them!

@TofuAgree with you about the last 2 episodes not moving anything much forward except for the revelation from Master Lee that it's the recovery of Buyeon's powers that would bring the memories (and therefore a realisation of Naksu's soul wrongfully residing in her body). I do wonder why it is that Buyeon's powers will return over time - what's triggering that? And when Naksu's soul is expelled, does Buyeon die? Whose face is kept? 

I was hoping that by midpoint, Jang Uk would become clearer about his relationship with Buyeon, but yeah, nothing much happened there...

• Clapping Hands 2