Alchemy of Souls 환혼 [2022-2023]

JenL

On 7/13/2022 at 5:39 AM, stroppyse said:

Yes, I just got on some of the posts here and on Jung So Min's shrine. All of a sudden, I'm really not excited for Season 2. Hope that Season 1 is done well enough that it can stand alone at least.

Isn't that a rumor? I read an article where JSM and the original Naksu actress' companies refused to answer if they were in Part 2 due to spoilers. Some fanpages just jumped the gun IMO and the rumor spread like wild fire.

In response to the reports, a source from “Alchemy of Souls” commented, “It is difficult to confirm the details related to Part 2 because it can be a spoiler for Part 1 that is currently being aired.”

Jung So Min’s agency Blossom Entertainment shared, “We ask for your understanding that we aren’t able to tell you whether she’ll be in Part 2 or not because it could be a spoiler for Part 1.” Go Yoon Jung’s agency MMA expressed the same position.

I don't see how MD could die but Naksu will come alive with a new but similar body. I can't fathom the Jin family loosing their long lost daughter so soon. I also don't see Naksu soul disappearing by the end of Part1 since all the guys are in love with her personality.

I am also pretty sure that Uk will end up marrying MD, there were too many hints about that from the start so I don't really see JSM leaving. Naksu's soul may leave at the end of Part 2 but not before. I doubt even that, there was a reason why Master Lee told Uk that a soul shifter can remain sane without the ice stone with Hwansu. Naksu will learn Hwansu, I am sure of it. TBH, I have a feeling that Bu Yeon's soul may leave or get shifted later on because Naksu's soul is so powerful that MD may get ejected when the Songrim families try to remove Naksu's soul.

If MD's soul get shifted to another body, maybe she'll be able to live and have her vision and Naksu could remain in MD's body with vision since she is a different soul. Win-Win but I doubt the Hong sisters will do that. 

Edited by YourHighness
Addition of a comment
  • Like 4
51 minutes ago, YourHighness said:

I don't see how MD could die but Naksu will come alive with a new but similar body. I can't fathom the Jin family loosing their long lost daughter so soon. I also don't see Naksu soul disappearing by the end of Part1 since all the guys are in love with her personality.

Thanks for your words of reason. I'm hoping that it's not just rumor that JSM won't be in part 2. However, her fans seem pretty sure about it since JSM has committed herself to another project already, and part 2 isn't underway yet.

Anyway, I wasn't that happy to watch ep 9. Yool is clearly still in love with NS, even if she is in MD's body. Also, they are progressing the flirtation between Heo Yeom's grandaughter and Wook. MD and Wook don't seem to be reciprocating any feelings other than being polite, but the fact that they dwelled on the interactions feels as if there is going to be a lot more of these alternate pairings than not. And, it seems as if the people around Wook are going to be pushing him towards marriage again, this time with HY's granddaughter. Blech.

Btw, the name for Heo Yeom is a tad close to the name of the historical physician Heo Jun that it feels as if the Hong Sisters are playing it too cute. They want the freedom to be able fashion their fantasy world any way they want, however, the keep teasing with quasi-near-historical references.

If it wasn't for LJW and JSM, I would probably drop this now. If it lost either of its leads, I would probably still drop it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, YourHighness said:

Isn't that a rumor? I read an article where JSM and the original Naksu actress' companies refused to answer if they were in Part 2 due to spoilers. Some fanpages just jumped the gun IMO and the rumor spread like wild fire.

Actually, kdramas pages are the ones who spread this rumor like wild fire. "Jung Somin will be replaced in season 2" She won't be replaced, there is no such a thing. I mean, if she's not part of season 2 it was certainly decided since the beginning. Season 2 will obviously focus on something else. Yes they didn't confirm anything to not give any spoilers. So maybe there is still hope for her appearance. 

@stroppyse can I ask you which project are you talking about? As I know, she doesn't have any new project for now. We are just waiting for the release of the movie Wolf Hunting and its promotion 😍 The filming has already been done last year. 

Well about ep9, the frustrating separation between Uk and Mudeok was the main point.They didn't realize that they would be apart. And when they realized it, they realized their feelings. Mostly Mudeokie 🥺 it was so touching. Actually 2 things 😁 Prince Gowon was so cute, he wanted Mudeok's attention and gratitude. 

I wish something interesting will happen in next ep, I need more. Romance or plot twist but something please. This ep wasn't that thrilling, first time since its broadcasting. 

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
21 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

@stroppyse can I ask you which project are you talking about? As I know, she doesn't have any new project for now. We are just waiting for the release of the movie Wolf Hunting and its promotion 😍 The filming has already been done last year. 

I'm going to have to go look for the article now, and I'm not sure if I read it in English or Korean. :lmao2: Having said that, I would have thought that JSM's fan club had much truer information then even a random article. Still, I'll have a look and see if I can find it. Not trying to spread any further rumors or anything. I really only started reading around after I read here that NS was going to be played by the original NS for season 2, and not by JSM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 7/13/2022 at 3:43 PM, NiteWalker said:

if they dont have SoMin, i stop watching :smile:

Lets just watch season 1 ya. Lols. 

On 7/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, SsomGem said:

Mudeok & Uk 🥰

Can't wait tomorrow's episode

She doesnt look older than Jae Wook. Looking just like same age. 

My thoughts... 

I have done ep 9, the flow seems a bit changed. The story doesn't really have much progress and they focus more on kim do joo and songrim leader flirting. Only a few scenes of MD and the story has taken a back seat compared to the previous intriguing episodes. 

For season 2, the final word for the female lead is still up in the air. To watch it or not, I'll see how season 1 will end later. But like most people on the net, here or out this forum, I am quite disappointed too if JSM wont be the part of S2 casts. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for your words of reason. I'm hoping that it's not just rumor that JSM won't be in part 2. However, her fans seem pretty sure about it since JSM has committed herself to another project , and part 2 isn't underway yet.

Well fingers crossed. I personally think the rumor just snowballed and I saw on some fanpages pictures of sets for Part 2 and the crew filming right now. Apparently the security is tight. 

10 hours ago, SsomGem said:

Actually, kdramas pages are the ones who spread this rumor like wild fire. "Jung Somin will be replaced in season 2" She won't be replaced, there is no such a thing. I mean, if she's not part of season 2 it was decided since . Season 2 will obviously focus on something else. Yes they didn't anything to not give any spoilers. So maybe there is still hope for . 

Exactly. But I don't see JSM leaving. What happens to Naksu's soul is up in the air but I doubt anything will happen to MD/Bu Yeon. 

Also is anyone else really really annoyed by Park Jin now? I have come to absolutely loathe his scenes with Uk. Not only is he unnecessarily cruel, expressionless, cold and vicious, he is brainless and stupid, I'll explain how in a bit. He was fine letting Uk die during the duel with the Crown Prince but he refuses to allow Uk to die with his power intact and with the truth of his destiny out?

Let me explain how incredibly STUPID he and Uk's father are. By rejecting Uk and implying he is an affair child, they made Uk more determined to prove himself and fight to gain power. If they'd wanted him to remain clueless, Uk's father should have accepted him as his son and treated him with love and affection. That way Uk would have never fought to find out who he really is. And if accepting Uk as his son was difficult he would have used the devastation he felt over his wife's death during childbirth to disappear but after making it clear that Uk is his beloved son. These 2 are so so dumb! I seriously feel like jumping in Uk-Jin scenes just to punch Jin. Lol.

Also, I am finding it very difficult to ship him and Maid servant Kim. He is very condescending,  insulting and keeps putting down her looks, age and intelligence. She should choose Master Lee TBH. 

Oh BTW anyone else wondered about the threat Jin presented to Uk about sorcery? I am sure that was supposed to worry us but I wasn't really bothered by it. Will they cut off MD/BY's power and her family's if Naksu's soul is in her? No. And if Naksu gets a new body..then Uk as the King with the King's star should be able to protect her. If he'd been an ordinary King then maybe the ministers and Songrim would have fought him but people have been waiting for a King with the King's star. I doubt they will go against him. Besides after the terrible way Songrim families treated Uk, they owe him. 

Edited by YourHighness
Addition of a comment
  • Like 3

I enjoyed episode 10 better than before. It was so funny watching the F3 team up to do MD's test. The first test is math, lols. Something that I also might find it difficult among other subjects. 

I really hope that the crown prince will be friend with them in the end. He should learn that those who pretends to be his master and family are the real evil who will only use him as their tool to take over the power. 

I wonder what happen with real MD's soul. Once the soul succesfully shifted, or even it is failed, one of the soul will end up petrified, looking at Naksu, the previous soul shifter died at songrim and Ji-Gil last death. So it reminds me to the scene when Master Lee mentioned that MD is the special soul shifter. Perhaps, the souls unite as one? But so far MD's soul is just emerging an energy that can be the lucky charm in a critical moment. And Naksu's soul is the reason that makes MD is able to see. 

Last this time the story moves better. I like that book of heart mission and the ending is quite subtle for both MD and JW confession. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Sominah said:

I'm doing the same, not because I hate anyone, I just can't see someone else on her place. For me there is only part1 n 20th episode is finale. I will watch 2only if it's have somin.

i have a weird habit...when i saw the main characters already been play by someone else...its hard for me to imagine someone else fitting into that shoes...the same went for Harry Potter...which i stop watching after Albus Dumbledore was replace by someone else...

my minds just cant click....unless you tell me its a different character

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i have a weird habit...when i saw the main characters already been play by someone else...its hard for me to imagine someone else fitting into that shoes...the same went for Harry Potter...which i stop watching after Albus Dumbledore was replace by someone else...

my minds just cant click....unless you tell me its a different character

Ditto, thus I won't be able to watch AOS 2 if JSM is not there.

Whatever the reason for change is I am not going to watch it because it will ruin my memory with JSM as Mu Deok-Yi n can't spoil my beautiful emotions 🙃🙂

• Like 3
On 7/17/2022 at 2:45 AM, YourHighness said:

Also is anyone else really really annoyed by Park Jin now?

Yes, I am also really annoyed by Park Jin with respect to both Wook and Lady Kim.

I tried to give Park Jin props that he's trying to prevent complete social chaos and possible civil war that Wook as the future King with the King's star represents, since that is what Jang Kang had told him would happen, however, as you mentioned, everyone is waiting for this king to show up who would be their destined leader.

In terms of dealing with Wook, all that Park Jin does is lie to him, try to keep him from learning any actual magic, and now is basically trying to imprison him, all in the name of "protecting" him, but without actually telling him anything that makes sense. Wook is intelligent enough to know when he's being railroaded as well. I agree with you about Wook's father. He did not love or care for Wook, and I'm kind of surprised that he didn't have Wook killed as a baby with the way he seems to have felt. Though, I guess there wouldn't be a drama if he had done so.

As for Lady Kim, I am really hoping that she and Master Lee make a couple. It's rather sweet that Master Lee is affected by her despite drinking the chastity tea. Park Jin has had quite a long time to let Lady Kim know that he likes her, however, rather than doing that, he blunders into insult after insult with her. The only thing is that Lady Kim seems to like Park Jin, so I hope she starts developing some feelings for Master Lee as well, though I have a sneaking suspicion that Master Lee's attentions may act as the catalyst for Park Jin to finally make his move.

I also rather loved the scene of the Crown Prince, Yool, and Dang Gu figuring out the exam questions. The Crown Prince seems so lonely in the palace. I hope that he is able to become friends as well as forge a strong alliance with Wook, Yool, and Dang Gu ahead of the palace intrigues that are playing out without any of them realizing it. No one seems to understands yet how dangerous the Queen is.

Also, the Crown Prince has very expressive eye brows. I laugh each time I see him quirk his eye brow. :lmao2:

I was a bit sad in the previews to realize that now that MD realizes that she feels something for Wook, it seems that she will try her best to negate those feelings. MD is still set on freeing her powers and then leaving everything behind, though that won't be easy if she is still tied to Wook. Though now that she knows the truth of what happened to her father, I wonder if she really will have to leave rather than stay to fight Danju (the Queen) and Jin Mu.

• Like 4

Sigh, why did they have to end it there?? They intentionally to let us left hanging like this. The 3 recents episodes slow down but they were good for relaxing compared to the previous episodes. And I think ep 12 is back with its fast pace again. I really like it, especially when they show us those mages fights. The secrets of the forbidden sorcery that even spreads inside the palace. 

Ah, sorry to brought this topic back, I think it was part of the plan that the second season would be with different actress. And I fear that the ending would be sad for this season. Sigh... 

I was still wondering what happens to real MD's soul. It was said that she lost near the gwangsang's lake?? Err.. not sure of its name, but it was the same lake where Naksu gets back her power when she jumped off then unseathed her sword. So wether their souls exist in one body and some day one of them should be out? Eeeh... I got dizzy getting a logic into this.

I feel sad for MD, she was being used and a victim as well. What does the ending mean? She emerges an energy, the same thing like what Mr. Lee saw last time. Ah, I hope it's a good omen no just the effect of CGI to make that scene pretty. Lols

Last but not least, what I love about kdramas, when it comes to their language styles, I just love how they exchanges irony here. One of my today's favorite quote among Yul and JW. And they have many of course and it makes the watch feels better. 

Naksu was born on the same day as JW, at the time that the king's star appears. This must nit be a coincidence, a destiny of something. Ah, or I might read it too much hahaaha, I am gonna just sleep now. It's very late already. 

• Like 1

I just started watching this last week and am up to Episode 9. Am loving the Harry Potter vibes! Have not read any of the posts here yet but have a question about Songrim, Sejukwon, Cheonbugwan, Jinyowon… are these the factions? Families? Schools? The Royal family has their own Mage troop/training school? Cos when Jang Uk was offered a place by Songrim, everyone else offered him a place too with them… to study? But I thought Songrim was the one and only Hogwarts for Mages? *confused*

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Songrim, Sejukwon, Cheonbugwan, Jinyowon… are these the factions? Families? Schools?

Songrim is one of a place in fictional land called Daeho. Daeho is ruled by the king I think. Songrim is like a city region where the powerful mages gathered, kind of a special prestigous institution. Cheonbugwan is also another place like songrim, part of the palace, a place where the astronomers or states official work and recod what happens to the constelation and its prophecy that realated to their life matters. 

Jinywon is one of the four powerful family clan like F4 in modern days, haha.  There are four of them, Jin-ssi, Jang-ssi, Seo-ssi and Park-ssi. 

Well, it's just a slight understanding from my pov, hope it won't confuse u. @stroppyse might explain them well or others with better knowledge of AOS can help us to explain 🤭

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

But I thought Songrim was the one and only Hogwarts for Mages? *confused*

Songrim is like one of the Hogwarts houses for those mages. Well, they can be trained not just in songrim I think. That's why they offered him to scout him into their faction. If you track some of the old discussion several pages back you'll find some joke of this too. And the martial techniques and spells seems adapted from the four element of Avatar. So I think Hong Sisters might inpired from those two magical tales too and adapted into korean style. 

P.S. Sejukwon is like the hospital headquarter in Songrim. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

@gilaswan, @Alice Wonderland's explanation is pretty good. The country in this drama is the fictional country of Daeho where sorcery and magic exist, and it's primarily controlled by 2 groups, the mages of Songrim and the ruler(s) who is in Cheonbugwan. The 4 families that @Alice Wonderlandmentions seem to be the 4 major families in Daeho who participate in protecting the country, keeping the peace, and running things. Interesting that of the scions of the 3 families, only the men seem to become mages trained by Songrim, though the Jin family have a lot of magical artifacts at their disposal.

When Wook was choosing what to do, he was offered a chance to study at Cheonbugwan with all of their academics and being the seat of ruling power, Songrim where the mages study and train, and joining the Jinyowon as either the husband to the ex-fiancee or as a defacto member of the family and given access to their artifacts of power.

Also, I think there is some fluidity to the members being able to serve in different aspects. For instance, Jin Mu who now serves at Cheonbugwan was once an apprentice to Jang Kang who was a Songrim mage (and Wook's father).

I haven't watched the most recent episodes. I feel as if this drama is going to get darker and sadder.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 7/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, LF_Fans said:

New stills.. are we going to see their first kiss tonight? 🥰🥰

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgnb92Usmah/?igshid=NDBlY2NjN2I=

I can't imagine this if JBY is back alive and Naksu's soul will once again be shifted to another body, and miraculously that body is her original body which is the former actress we've seen at the begining. Lol

I'm so curious how could be Mudeok turned to be the last bet of the duels. Like JW, I was thinking what's the heck with that now?? 🤣 Is that a way that CP make to make him lose her?cuz those mages compete JW for the golden toads not her. Do you think some of the preview last week are random scenes of some future episodes? I didnt see any scene shows CP asked MD to make herself as the final bet. Or did I miss it? Also, the part where Park Jin told MD that she got caught this time and her identity revealed. I don't think I've seen this part yet in last night episodes. So it would start with another flasback scenes tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How's everyone keeping up with this series? Just a little disappointed there won't be episodes next weekend - ottokae???? 

I'm now just wondering what happened to Mudeok/Buyeon's original soul. Clearly it's Naksu's soul in Mudeok's body, but does it mean poor Buyeon has died? Old Master Lee has clearly not petrified even without the ice stone, but it would seem it's because he didn't do anything evil such as booting out the other soul to die - the body he inhabited was of a child whose soul had already departed in natural death. But when Naksu opted to eject her soul, her intended soul swapper turned out not to be. Something must have happened such that she ended up in a body not her choice. Was it because Buyeon, being a gifted sorceress herself, did another swap on her own? The Jin family are more sorcerers than mages. So much Harry Potter vibes yo....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished ep.17, and since I am watching Love Like The Galaxy currently, I cannot help but compare the kings in these two dramas. One is quite pleasant and kind, the other is so laughably stupid! Kill a life just to watch the power of the Ice Stone? This person does not deserve to rule. Let the CP quickly in take over the throne please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love