The Road: The Tragedy of One/ The Road: 1ui Bigeuk 더 로드: 1의 비극 [2021]

lICm-r3vtwKet-ikjzkDAWZOtYleh3aZKJHkiqst

The Road: The Tragedy of One 

더 로드: 1의 비극

A story of the secrets, desires, guilts, and salvation of residents who live at "Royal the Hill," a place where only the top 1 percenters live. Baek Soo Hyun is a popular and respected anchorman. He is known as a journalist with strong beliefs. When he states something on camera, viewers take his words as the truth. Yet, Baek Soo Hyun has another side; he's cold-hearted, and when he wants something, he gets it no matter what and will use any and all means to get what he wants. He is married to Seo Eun Soo, and they have children.

Seo Eun Soo is the daughter of the chairman of the Jegang Group and married to Anchorman Baek Soo Hyun. Her father is powerful enough that he wields heavy influence in the political and economic worlds. Seo Eun Soo is herself a popular miniature artist. She prioritizes her family and tries never to lose her dignity, but she encounters tragedy. Seo Eun-Soo attempts to protect her family.

Cha Seo Young is an announcer for a broadcast station. She has everything, including a prestigious job, exemplary educational background, and a beautiful appearance, but she is rarely satisfied with what she has.

(Source: Naver & AsianWiki)

~~ Adapted from a novel "One Tragedy" (一の悲劇) by Norizuki Rintaro (法月綸太郞). Edit Translation

@abs-oluteM  

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Basic Information 

Revised romanization: The Road: 1ui Bigeuk

Hangul: 더 로드: 1의 비극

Director: Kim No-Won

Writer: Yoon Hee-Jung

Network: tvN

Episodes: 12

Release Date: August 4, 2021 --

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 22:50

Language: Korean

Spoiler

Previews

Episode 1 here

Episode 2 here

Episode 3 here

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Cast 

Baek Soo Hyun - Ji Jin-Hee

Seo Eun Soo - Yoon Se-Ah

Baek Yeon-Woo - Kim Min-Joon

Cha Seo Young -  Kim Hye-Eun

Choi Nam-Kyu - Ahn Nae-Sang

Choi Se-Ra - Yi Seo

Choi Joon-Young - Nam Ki-Won

Seo Ki-Tae - Cheon Ho-Jin

Bae Kyung-Sook - Kang Kyung-Hun

Seo Jung-Wook - Jo Sung-Joon

Hwang Tae-Seob - Kim Roe-Ha

Yang Sung-Ja - Ha-Min

OST 

• Like 2

Cast description

Baek Soo-hyun (BSN News Night anchor, 45 years old)

A trusted, cold-hearted journalist, a faithful and friendly family head. But a man with a dark secret that he cannot tell anyone.
He lived as if he were running away from the past, and suffered from nightmares and insomnia for a long time. He believed that the only way to atone for the past was to do his best to tell the truth, and finally, he undertakes a once-in-a-lifetime report that will shake the world. But the cost was horrendous. His son Yeon-woo was kidnapped.
At the end of the seemingly never-ending night, Soo-hyeon has a gut feeling. that it all started with him. Faced with the past and the heavy guilt that has weighed on him, Soo-hyeon struggles with guilt. They try to correct what is wrong, but the more they do, the deeper they fall into a pit. got a little scared It seems to be lost forever

Seo Eun-soo (miniature artist, 42 years old) 

A wise wife, a warm mother, and the daughter of Seo Gi-tae, chairman of the Steel Group. If you think it's okay, you'll be okay, and if you don't take issue with it, it won't be a problem. It was like a spell that supported Eunsu. However, after losing her first child in an accident, Eun-soo completely collapsed. everything was useless.
However, on the day he took Yeon-woo as his son, Eun-soo engraved the spell again like a seal. I hope that I can live as I am now while protecting the precious things I have managed to get back in the world in the unchanging and beautiful snowball world. prayed countless times. So Soo-hyeon and Yeon-woo became everything in Eun-soo's life. However, the horrific incident that occurred that night shakes Eun-soo's world once again.
Standing at the end of a dead-end road, he earnestly repeats his own incantations, but
the bars of his heart keep getting loose.

Cha Seo-young (BSN Late Night News anchor, 42 years old)

Success has always been a longing for inflammation. Occupation, education, specs, appearance, and even a perfect family. Even though I had everything that others envy, I was always hungry. He must have wished for the success of Soo-hyeon, who was once a colleague but now lives in a different world, as his own, a thousand times more.
Just as they desperately want to regain their heyday, a gruesome and tragic incident occurs. Ironically, this tragedy is a stepping stone to the long-awaited success. Seoyoung enjoys the world's attention and affection, as if she had waited for the flash baptism to pour on her. I thought that the only thing left to do was climb the ladder and climb to the top, but the more I do it, the more empty it becomes. By the time he found himself a long way off, he had already strayed from the road.

Seo Ki-tae (Chairman of Steelmaking Group, 65 years old

Even at the age of seventy, he still smells like a carnivore. He speaks a strong Gyeongsang dialect, and is self-righteous and overbearing. And I think that the number one priority among the principles of life is trading. Never spend money on something that will not benefit you at any moment. Even if it was a ransom to save the grandchildren.
When Soo-hyeon's solo reports begin to scratch the kingdom's stronghold, he prepares for a counterattack in the best way he can. That night, like Sura, when Soo-hyeon, who was desperate, comes to visit him, he calmly asks for a deal in return for lending the ransom to his grandson. Dealing with Soo-hyun was always fun. Expectations were high as to when an upright person would break due to bending.
Please, take good care of that precious son.

Nam-gyu Choi (CEO of an investment company, 55 years old)

Seo-young's husband, a former lawyer and CEO of a large investment firm.
He built up his reputation and wealth by dealing with the secret slush funds of high-ranking officials. I liked Seo-young, who was honest with her desires even though she knew that she approached her by looking at her conditions. I was willing to serve as a background for her. I thought that feeling would be enough, but when Seoyoung didn't look at her, she used violence.
Then he knelt down and prayed as if he were performing a ritual. I love you, please don't give up on yourself. Neither the world in his hands nor Seoyoung wanted to lose. However, after a tragic incident, Nam-gyu realizes that what he was holding was a handful of sand. I shouldn't have been on that road that day.
In the end, nothing was saved.

Shim Seok-hoon (Detective of the Metropolitan Investigation Unit, 45 years old)

While he was making a name for himself with a major incident, he took a break from work due to alcoholism and returned to work a few years ago. It was a rare occurrence for police officers who face terrible incidents on a daily basis. I managed to overcome it, but there is still an old wine bottle in the corner of the desk drawer.

Suhyeon and Suhyeon are friends from their hometown, and their ties were cut off after the disappearance of a middle school girl in her hometown of Yeongsan. At the time, I resented Soo-hyun, but when I saw Soo-hyun, who became famous over the years, on TV, I thought it was fortunate that I had forgotten the past and lived a good life. However, in the process of tracing the kidnapping case in cooperation with Soo-hyeon, he sees the image of Su-hyeon that he had seen in the past.

Suhyeon, who hides a secret and is silent, is suspicious.
The person who is not free from the word doubt is
Seokhoon himself

Oh Jang-ho (Documentary Director, 41 years old)

He is a screenwriter who once drew attention and is the husband of Eun-soo's younger sister, Eun-ho. From obscurity to becoming a promising writer, I thought it was all thanks to Eun-ho, and I loved it with all my heart.

However, after Eun-ho's death in an unexpected accident, out of guilt and sadness, he tried drugs and went back and forth. One day, when the desperate days were repeated, I saw Eun-ho, who died like a lie, with a child. It was Eun-soo and Yeon-woo. I saw Eun-ho through Eun-soo, and I dreamed of a family through Yeon-woo.

Even though he received a restraining order, he tried his best to catch Eun-soo's pity on him, even at the very edge of it. It was pitiful to call it obsession, and sad to call it love. When he saw his lover Mido who only looked at himself, it was like looking in a mirror.

However, I couldn't look back.

• Like 1

Hello everyone 

I have questions???
 Are they having an affair because when she was meeting the Chief, she seemed to be fixing her hair. Lol When h** *** died, her grief seemed real and fake at the same time. Once she made a deal with Cheater I was disgusted by this character. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dfd99e3efaed5fed05

she also slept with this guy 

Spoiler

Great acting and directing 

So I am guessing that Yeon Woo isn’t Aoo Hyun biological son??? Am I right ??

@SilverMoonTea Thanks for the link

• Like 1

Episode 3 of The Road : Tragedy of On was another great epsiode. Found some clips to share 

I am more disgusted by the mother who Cha Seo Young. She is so ambitious and I am starting to thing what she loves most is herself. 

As the drama progresses there are so many secrets that needs to be revealed. Only got the chance to watch one episode last week. So busy this week too. I hope I can be able to binge watch episode 4-6 this weekend. 
Found these pictures. 

I just check the ratings and it is very low. I expected this drama rating to be a bit higher but it isn’t. So sad and the subs are taking a long time to be done. 

FL seems to have a lot of secrets and so does her hubby in my opinion. 

Secrets  1 &2 

Yeon Woo and Joon Yeong are both 12 years old which means they were born after the child of Eon Seo and Soo Hyun diedHow do you It is so sad that these two friends family life is so different. One is happy and the other one is unhappy. I don’t SH knew that JY was his kid at all until he died or maybe he did. 
JY’s mom is truly a disgusting human being and in a loveles marriage. She is constantly cheating and is dying to beat SH. I do wonder what does she loves  the most in the world. 

I wonder when did ES start having an affair with JH. Was it at the same time as her husband is having an affair with SY and they both got pregnant at the same time. Which means that EH had already died childless. Unless EH was still alive and got pregnant at the time SH was having an affair with SY who got pregnant at the same time as EH. It makes sense then that the boys are of the same age and EH died after her baby was born. JH went bonkers and Seo Ki Tae then took his grandson from JH, had a restraining order against him and had ES and SH adopt YW. That means that ES affair with JH occurred much later after her sister died leaving her child motherless with a father who is off his rocker.

This drama is so complex . I am having such a hard time figuring out who is the real culprit . All the signs are pointing to ES. It makes me wonder why is she doing this, the control she has over husband is strong. 

I wonder will hubby ever break free from his schackles, will he finally become strong and be honest . Will he stop running fro his fears. 

TBH I didn’t expect there would be so much cheating in one drama. I dislike drama where there are so much cheating.  I tend to dislike cheaters even though there are reasons . I believe it always comes down to choices. 
Picking the right choices will keep people from getting hurt.

These woman are so vicious int this drama,  Sera is so young, manipulative and just evil in my eyes. The wife of Seo Ki Tae, Mrs Hwang, Seo Young and Sera calling each other to check their stories out and Kwon knowing that it may not be a verified news will put it out there  anyway?  They are all going to blame Hwang's 'aide/driver to save their butts. Seo Young isthe worse because she doesn't want to find the reall killer.  ALl she cares about is her ambitions. I was hoping for her to show some kind of maternal love for her loss child. I was so wrong.  Sera was with Jung Wook when they had the accident and it was not Dong Pil they had a collision with. In the first episode, at the event, Moon Do and his thugs found Dong Pil at the event and beat him up. Dong Pil was able to get free and tried to run away and fell into a ditch and was limping away. His last conversation with Seo Hyun who was trying to look for him was the phone call where he accused Seo Hyun of sending him to prison when he was innocent and now Seo Hyun is trying to kill him. Then there was a blackout and SH could not reach him by phone. ES called him saying their son was kidnapped and when Seo Hyun talked to the kidnapper, he knew he was not talking to DP. DP had no time or energy to do the kidnapping of Joon Yeong as he was already spotted by Moon Do and beaten. In one episode Hwang was shown with a bloodied Jeon Yeong sitting front seat of a car driven by Hwang. Mrs Hwang accused the aide/driver of blackmailing her. And the wife of Seo Ki Tae, said that she run over Dong Pil and Hwang and another man, the aide, picked Dong Pil's body and put into Hwang's car. I hope we get the DNA of the blood in the car and that Jung Wook will do the right thing and tell them what he saw. Choi used SKT's money to cover the losses of his investment company and never told SKT. What does that have to do with the death of JY? I hope detective Sim will be smart detective and find the killer of JY.   This drama is way to cruel.  I am already losing interest. :nervous: 

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate how a drama can start off really good and change direction that you as a viewer can’t tolerate. 
ML was truly a coward and always looking for justice when he himself was very clueless to what is going on in his own life. I kinda lost interest after episode 4 because it was all over the place . I just couldn’t connect with any of the characters in the drama. ML was an awful father to both of his kids, terrible friend , terrible SIL and  husband.