Let Me Be Your Knight
너의 밤이 되어줄게

Director: Ahn Ji Sook
Writers: Seo Jeong Eun, Yoo So Won

Broadcast: SBS, iQiYi
#of episodes: 12
Broadcast dates: November 7, 2021, then 1 episode every Sunday

Main Cast:
Jung In Sun as twin sisters In Yoon Joo who grew up in Korea and worked as a tour guide for seniors and Kang Seon Joo who had been adopted at age 11 and grew up in the US and is now a sought after psychiatrist.

Members of idol band Luna:
Lee Jun Young (Jun) as Yoon Tae In, leader, main vocalist, and main producer
Jang Dong Joo as Seo Woo Yeon, guitarist and vocalist
Kim Jong Hyun as Lee Shin, bassist and vocalist
Yoon Ji Sung as Kim Yoo Chan, drummer and vocalist
Kim Dong Hyun as Woo Ga On, keyboardist and vocalist

Plot Synopsis:
Working on a new album over which he has total creative control, Yoon Tae In starts sleepwalking. His stress and problems are compounded with the poor reception of that concept album. In order to try to cure him of his sleepwalking, a respected psychiatrist is secretly brought to live in the band household. Due to a misunderstanding, rather than the doctor, her twin sister who is down on her luck after being scammed becomes the live in doctor in charge of curing Yoon Tae In. Sparks fly between Yoon Tae In who is a genius but also has the arrogance of knowing that he's a genius and In Yoon Joo who has had to scramble to make her way in the world. This is supposed to be a healing romance between Yoon Tae In and In Yoon Joo.

Title Note:
I'm not sure why the English title uses "Knight" in the title since the Korean title literally translates to "I Will Be Your Night", so I would have thought that "Let Me Be Your Night" would be more fitting, however, perhaps that smacks too much of vampyrism? Anyway, the title seems to allude to YTI's sleepwalking brought on by his stress and depression and the darkness of his personality.
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 2

I watched the first episode and I was more intrigued by it then I expected. For one, I really like the leads. Jun is an actor who has shown a lot of promise in his past projects and Jung In Sun is a strong, experienced actress who also has some seriously good comic timing. While they haven't had many scenes together yet, they have had run-ins which should set this cohabitation drama up for some interesting confrontations.

In some ways this drama reminds me a bit of the Full House series, but I hope that it will have a better script then either FH or FH2. We'll see.

The first episode basically sets the scenario up for Yoon Joo to move into the Luna band house, so it will really take a couple of more episodes to see if this drama will be a proper watch or not. However, I didn't mind episode 1, and I'm anticipating episode 2 when Tae In and Yoon Joo have to face sharing the house, along with TI's bandmates, of course.

@Tofusince you're the one who thought I should watch this drama, come and let me know what you think of it so far.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Yay @stroppyse I’m so happy you’re watching this. I thought I was the only one , and I think @Tofu started too . Actually it’s not bad . I think Jun is a pretty good actor - he plays these angsty characters so well . I took interest in this drama mainly because of Jung In Sun. I like her a lot & hv seen quite a bit of her work. Think the pairing will work . 

Though billed as a rom-com, it’s quite heavy too considering that he’s got this trauma caused by anxiety. It was also quite sad that she got scammed of her money . Parts of the episode were actually quite sad .  

looking forward to more of their interactions 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

The band's song. The "so cold so cold" is kind of addicting to listen to. :laugh:

Fun fact: Four of the band members are actual kpop idols. The drummer, pianist, and one of the guitar/bass player (dark hair) were in Produce 101. The drummer made it to Wanna One but the other two didn't. Currently, the drummer is a soloist, the pianist is part of the group AB6IX, the dark hair guitarist is in NU'EST, and Jun is part of U-Kiss. The light hair guitarist is just an actor. Haha! 

Thanks for creating this thread, @stroppyse! Will be back to add more after I watch episode 2. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Thought the Luna member intros from episode 2 was cute.

1UKJql4.png

#LeeShin _ 23 years old
#position_bass
#special note_young, but with a mature air to him, he gathers noona fans, causes hearts to explode
#nickname “Shin”, from the time he was born “Lee Shin Oppa”

ofDAfzX.png

#KimYooChan _ 26 years old
#postion_drums
#special note_used to be a child actor known as the Nation’s Son
#nickname_(OldestYoungest)(Born to be Idol)Mr.Sunshine

G6q2FSh.png

#WooGaOn_21 years old
#position_keyboards
#special_note_beat 10000 people 2 years ago to become Luna’s newest member
#nickname_Child Ga On, Extreme Big Extreme Cute (stands for extremely big and cute Luna’s youngest member)

lkNaA8R.png

#SeoWooYeon_25 years old
#position_main guitar
#A mix between a real man and a puppy, from a small island village, an unexpectedly charming guy
#nickname_WooYeonMom, SweetGuy 

O9Vo3J5.png

#YooTaeIn_25 years old
#postion_Luna’s leader, main vocals, producer
#Off stage, he’s iceman; on stage, he’s an explosion of charisma known as a music genius

(caption as he's leaving the room) special note! He is very narcissistic.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Four of the band members are actual kpop idols.

To be really honest, that was what put me off this drama in the first place.

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think Jun is a pretty good actor - he plays these angsty characters so well . I took interest in this drama mainly because of Jung In Sun. I like her a lot & hv seen quite a bit of her work. Think the pairing will work . 

And this is what ultimately caused me to check this out. I've enjoyed JIS' dramas quite a bit, and everyone knows I have a soft spot for Jun though it's not a big enough soft spot for me to put up with just any female lead.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

The light hair guitarist is just an actor. Haha! 

I think he's going to have a more significant part in this drama than the other members other than Jun. For instance, Woo Yeon actually meets Yoon Joo at the bookstore prior to her entering the band house. I just hope that it's not a love triangle situation for WY with YJ and TI.

And, I think their song is not too bad actually. Plus, it's nice that it's a band rather than a vocal/dance group. Reminds me a bit of Day6.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

These boys are so chaotic! :BulbaConfused:

If I was her, I would not be able to survive living with them. The food fight was funny but so unnecessary. I loved that she started yelling at them, probably earned their respect with this scene too. 

Episode 2 wasn't too bad. Still enough for me to stay tune for the next episode. 

• Haha 3

Eps 2 was fun. Yoon Jo had no choice but to pull a scam of sorts herself. And ended up being their live in doctor.  Am sure it will be found out down the line , and it's gonna criminal offence of sorts , no?  :laugh:. But meanwhile I confess, I always love all these cohabitation hijinks, though living with 5 men ( or should I say boys? ) may not be a walk in the park . Nevertheless , she's no pushover . My favourite bits were her yelling at the boys and more importantly telling Jae In off about fixing his attitude.

@stroppyse I do feel a little bad for blonde hair guitarist who's crushing on her and will form the love triangle. Like his description , he comes across as a sweet guy, and would treasure someone like Yoon Jo.  But Jun has so much presence in his scenes that he makes Tae In sexy even when he's angry. :smile: IRL, I will probably hate this sort of rude behaviour, but I guess here he will see character development. 

@Tofu I love the song...did they sing it? So Jun is the lead vocalist for real? 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I love the song...did they sing it? So Jun is the lead vocalist for real? 

In the drama he is. In real life, he's a rapper. The one with the most vocal range that should have been the main vocalist is the drummer. So in real life, the vocalists are the drummer and pianist. The rappers are Tae In and the bass player. The fifth member is an actor. Haha!

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

IRL, I will probably hate this sort of rude behaviour, but I guess here he will see character development. 

Same. I have no patience for rude behavior and would ultimately ignore his existence which would make me a really bad in-home psychologist. :laugh:

Not only Tae In,  but I do hope all the characters get their own development. 

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But Jun has so much presence in his scenes that he makes Tae In sexy even when he's angry. :smile: IRL, I will probably hate this sort of rude behaviour, but I guess here he will see character development. 

Yes, Tae In has a lot of presence here! I like Woo Yeon, but I think he's going to be the good guy who befriends Yoon Joo and protects her, but doesn't get her. Kind of like Jung Yong Hwa's character in He's Beautiful with Park Shin Hye.

And also yes, I'm hoping that there is a lot of character development for TI and for all the guys as well.

In RL, I have no patience with people who are full of themselves and can't be bothered to be considerate to other people, no matter their genius. Fortunately, Jun doesn't seem to be that way in RL.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

In the drama he is. In real life, he's a rapper. The one with the most vocal range that should have been the main vocalist is the drummer. So in real life, the vocalists are the drummer and pianist. The rappers are Tae In and the bass player. The fifth member is an actor. Haha!

You know so much about their RL positions! I have to admit, I knew that Jun was a member of UKISS, but that's about it.

Btw, the food fight scene was ugh. I'm glad that she put her foot down, made them stop, and told TI off. Possibly my fave scene of that episode.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Kind of like Jung Yong Hwa's character in He's Beautiful with Park Shin Hye.

Were you reminded a bit of this drama when you were watching this? I completely thought about He's Beautiful the entire time I watched this. The concept is so similar. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

You know so much about their RL positions! I have to admit, I knew that Jun was a member of UKISS, but that's about it.

Haha! It's because three of them were in the same competition, Produce 101. I watched that with my friend who's obsessed with KPOP. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Were you reminded a bit of this drama when you were watching this? I completely thought about He's Beautiful the entire time I watched this. The concept is so similar. 

Yes, it reminded of that drama which is why I commented on it. :smug:

However, I had problems with He's Beautiful because I didn't understand what Mi Nam saw in the lead singer who was such a jerk and pretty much remained a jerk for the whole drama versus Shin Woo who was there for her all the time and sharing himself with her as well as getting her to share herself with him. SW knew his secret and kept it, and then when MN made her choice, he supported her though his own heart was breaking.

I don't think I'll have a similar problem here because I think TI is very charismatic versus WY, and because I expect TI to grow up and evolve. This drama had better not make it too hard on me though. Imma just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

That first photo! Maybe they will have him be the second lead. 

Yes, I keep thinking that he's totally going to be the guy who crushes on her and helps her in every way only to get friend-zoned. :letalQQ:

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

It's the new hair trend, no? Yang Yang's hair is like that and it's a bit strange to me too. 

I didn't like it on YY either. Ick.

• Haha 3

The ending of eps 3 was crazy intense and given the seriousness of Tae In's condition, he really needs professional help and not someone pretending to be a doc. But of course, there would be no show if that was the case.

That said , their arrangement trying to have therapy sessions for the CEO to see is bearing some fruit. It is not always smooth sailing given how uncooperative Tae In can be but she has a way of handling him. Perhaps that accidental kiss helped ...ahaha...since he woke up when their lips met and he remembered despite pretending not too. But whatever so called therapy she's getting him to do seems to be helping. My favourite scene was seeing him smile and relaxed for the 1st time

FEun-PUVUAkTwEy?format=jpg&name=large

FEun_lmVIAMG3D6?format=jpg&name=large

We also get a glimpse to what I think is the root cause of Tae In's problem. His father , a famous classical pianist . Awful man - he was abusive ( physically & emotionally ) and pushed Tae In hard to to play classical music . And I believe when Tae In rebelled & decided to become part of a band, it disappointed his father. His father looks down at what he does , and Tae In struggles because he wants to live up to his father's expectations and prove to him he is no failure in this path he has chosen.

It was not only Tae In that remembered that accidental kiss. Woo Yeon & Lee Shin saw it too , but of course neither are going to say anything. We find out that Woo Yeon is dating a local radio DJ secretly and that Yoo Chan's mum uses him like a cash cow. Really can't stand the fact that her son's earnings are all going to support her shopping. 

Overall I  enjoyed the episode , and wish for more. Clearly the pairing of Jun and Jung In Sun works for me , and next week promises more OTP interactions. 

• Like 3

Episode 4 Preview

It was nice to see some of their "therapy sessions" in episode three. I'm not sure how much help the jewel art was, but I guess it distracted him from his usual routine and thoughts. It allowed him to focus on making sure he was sticking the jewels to the correct spot and less on music and whatever is stressing him out. 

The hiking scene was my favorite too. Tae In eased up a bit and allowed himself to just take in the moment. I loved that she stood up for him at when those students were spreading false rumors. 

The little exchange between Woo Yeon and Lee Shin about Tae In made me feel a little sad for Woo Yeon. If it wasn't clear before, this episode was confirmation that he will be the second male lead who comfort Yoon Joo when she's needs it but doesn't win her heart at the end. :cry:

I like the little glimpse into the band members' personal life. Seems like everyone will go through some sort of growth and transformation. 

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

We also get a glimpse to what I think is the root cause of Tae In's problem. His father , a famous classical pianist . Awful man - he was abusive ( physically & emotionally ) and pushed Tae In hard to to play classical music . And I believe when Tae In rebelled & decided to become part of a band, it disappointed his father. His father looks down at what he does , and Tae In struggles because he wants to live up to his father's expectations and prove to him he is no failure in this path he has chosen.

His dad is the worst. He visited Tae In for the first time in years just to yell at him. I wonder if the person who said they liked seeing Tae In is his mom? I thought it might have been his dad, but seeing how the dad is, I have a feeling it might be his mom instead. Did something happened to her? I don't think he's talked about her yet. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

We find out that Woo Yeon is dating a local radio DJ secretly

Actually, Lee Shin is dating the DJ. Woo Yeon is going to get his heart crushed by not getting YJ.

3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The little exchange between Woo Yeon and Lee Shin about Tae In made me feel a little sad for Woo Yeon. If it wasn't clear before this episode was confirmation that he will be the second male lead who comfort Yoon Joo when she's needs it but doesn't win her heart at the end. 

Yep. I like Woo Yeon and feel bad for him, though I'm still on board with the proposed OTP pairing.

Yoo Chan's mum uses him like a cash cow. Really can't stand the fact that her son's earnings are all going to support her shopping. 

I totally hated her this episode. She's basically using all of his money and demanding more. I mean, really, how many outfits and other things does she really need? Stupid cow. I also find it horrible that it's his mother who does all the shopping of luxury brands, but because YC has to pay for it all, he's the one who has the reputation of buying extravagantly of luxury brands. Poor kid. It's mothers like his who cause kid stars to end up with absolutely nothing after working so hard and so long on their careers. Grrr.

Yes, awful man. I knew I didn't like him when he spoke dismissively of Luna's work to the reporter. Dislike him even more after seeing his interaction with TI. TI's father is also clearly jealous that TI is getting fame and recognition, probably far beyond what he himself was able to achieve playing "inferior" music.

8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It was nice to see some of their "therapy sessions" in episode three. I'm not sure how much help the jewel art was, but I guess it distracted him from his usual routine and thoughts. It allowed him to focus on making sure he was sticking the jewels to the correct spot and less on music and whatever is stressing him out. 

Yes. I agree that TI actually needs some real therapy rather than someone playing at therapy, but YJ is actually having some effect on TI albeit unintentionally. Concentrating on something trivial but consuming can actually help relieve other stresses. Also, the kiss helped in that TI is becoming more aware of YJ as a woman, making him more willing to spend time with her rather than just shutting her completely down.

I thought it was sweet that looking at YJ made TI start composing music in his mind. Of course, her sneezing broke his concentration and thus his composition. LOL. YJ was so confused as to why TI was so mad over a little sneeze. :lmao2:

10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like the little glimpse into the band members' personal life. Seems like everyone will go through some sort of growth and transformation. 

It's nice that we get to see a little glimpse into each of the band members. Almost all trainees come from difficult backgrounds and go through a lot of hardship for their shot at becoming an idol. Even after they debut, it seems as if they go through a lot. And, sometimes, they are even taken advantage of as the management fees include the fees incurred during their trainee days, not to mention greedy parents who suck up every bit of their kids earnings and demand more. Ugh.

I like this drama, and it's growing on me more and more. I also appreciate that the drama cast actors into the central roles rather than trying to do it all with idol actors. I know that Jun is an idol, but I think he's been doing really well with his roles, and this role isn't that much of a stretch for him. However, even more than Jun, right now Jung In Sun is carrying this drama. And, I expect Woo Yeon will break our hearts as we go along.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1