It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

I like that the brothers talked about the being donors ...think HJ told them about his MIL's condition. Even YJ wondered if he should get tested . Of course Hae Jun objected

HJ is the perfect match as the donor. And this scene was pretty touching ...HJ knew that MR would be very conflicted about it and so he told her that he already decided from the start; that it was his choice and that she just had to follow that choice

Hyun Jae telling Hae Jun that he'll take 3 months off for the surgery. She was worried for him too

Spoiler

JY didn't agree to Hyun Jae being the donor. She felt that she even would not have wanted her kids to do it , what more her son in law

As expected - very strong objection from Kyung Ae. I can understand as the surgery is risky and which mum would not be worried

Spoiler

The preview 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

KBS is really good at trolling us with preview... what kind of preview is that, like everything is going to end up disastrous. Even with a black and white screening...

This arc about being a donor is really interesting. What would you have done if you were in that situation? So conflicting. Just like what Grandpa said when he heard that Hyun Jae could be the donor ~ can't be happy, but also cannot not be happy. Noticeably, and interestingly, the ladies are the ones that are more in objection of Hyun Jae being the donor, whereas the males, seem to be more willing to accept the idea of themselves, or Hyun Jae donating his organ. Each lady understandably has her own concern and caution not to accept the idea. Quite a realistic portrayal. No way can you blame any of them for not wanting Hyun Jae, or their loved one to be a donor. 

Just one more episode to wrap all of this up? Really?? There are time jump for sure, since we see Hae Jun with her big belly, but then the finale episode will feel so rushed..... Please let everyone be okay :nervous:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama truth is I don't think I would be able to be a donor myself (for someone who's not my own child or immediate family) or let my child do it. So I completely understand Kyung Ae objecting and Min Ho was actually having a lot reservations too. 

First spoilers that I summarised from Naver articles

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I like this scene. Min Ho is really such a good person & a great dad to the boys. He came to see SJ and he told Hyun Jae he would support whatever decisions he made

And Kyung Ae too came round to tell SJ to have the surgery so that they could get to know each other in better circumstances. HJ's parents are good people - not easy to do this. This scene touched me. I had my issues with these two from time to time but I understand their mother's heart

SJ finally consented to having the surgery

I like this part ...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Some nostalgia before the surgery

And thankfully everything went well ...this is a few months later...Hyun Jae back at work. Hae Jun about to give birth. Am gonna miss the banter btwn the 3 of them

The ending is the best. So funny. Things  worked out & chaos resumed with both ladies going into labour at granpa's 80th birthday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After some frustrating episodes with the heavy cancer plot, this drama ended up back to how it began...full of warmth, banter and chaotic energy.

I do confess I would have loved to see those babies but I am glad at least we got the last 15 mins or so of solid, warm and light moments.

Still need to wait to watch the ep with subs but what I saw from it was good.

As usual, HaeJun being the one person promoting chaos had me :lmao2:

The trio HyunJae-HaeJun-YoonJae remain my fav in this. 

Also, this drama brought me to this site too and I am so thankful to have been able to share my opinions with you all. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
Just now, Min86 said:

I am gonna miss their banter so much. The 3 have such great chemistry.

I am also very glad you joined us here. It was very nice to be able to chat about this show and other dramas too.  I believe you'll be planning to watch the replacement for this right? 

I will try a few episodes and see .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Min86 said:

They totally made this drama for me! I'll miss their banter, and it was cute to see in their scene posted above where HJun sided with HJ in teasing YJ as well rather than HJun going to YJ's defense all the time.

I haven't watched the final episodes yet, but will post more thoughts after I do. I'm glad it seems to be ending on a warm, light-hearted note. My enthusiasm for the more recent episodes was pretty flagging, but the final episode does look good.

It was very nice sharing this thread with you @Min86. I'm looking forward to Three Siblings Bravely, the next KBS weekend, so hope to see you on that thread as well. @abs-oluteM and @ktcjdrama, so glad you stuck it to the end on this drama! Thank you all!

• Party! 3

tumblr-7aeb23f6aa4c0cb9a757e34b60fc866d-

Content Writing Star News Reporter Lee Kyung Ho.

Drama It's Beautiful Now ended with a happy ending.

optimize-3.jpg

On the 18th, KBS 2TV's weekend drama 'It's beautiful now' (directed by Kim Seong Geun, script written by Ha Myung Hee, production SLL, Drama House Studio) ended the six-month long journey with the end of its 50 episodes.

The final episode's audience rating on that day was 29.4% breaking its own record (Supplied by Nielsen Korea, based on national standards).

On this day's broadcast, Hyun Jae (Yoon Shi Yoon)'s sincerity touched his beloved mother Kyung Ae (Kim Hye Ok), mother-in-law Su Jeong (Park Ji Young) and liver transplant news were decided.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022091908281715035

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

:lmao2: From bawling my eyes out, to ROTFLOL... that's the finale episode for me. That last bit at the party, I have already predicted that Hae Jun is going to cause some chaos again, but totally not expecting that Mirae will join in the chaos also :laugh:.... Andddd, the great grandchildren will share a birthday with Grandpa. Nice!

I like how the arc about the organ transplant is resolved. Yes @abs-oluteM I too love the scene of KA consenting to HJ's donor and persuading SJ to go ahead with the surgery. It's definitely a super difficult decision for her, but when you think of it, they are a family after all. And agree with you that MH is such a good father. Watching his scenes, I always thought, let there be more fathers like him in this world. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 9/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Andddd, the great grandchildren will share a birthday with Grandpa. Nice!

I thought that was a really nice touch!

I finally watched the final episode, and it was an angst filled tearfest until the last part of the episode. So, honestly, I didn't really enjoy these last episodes except for the final bits.

I really missed Hyun Jae, Yoon Jae, and Hae Jun moments, and those will remain the highlights for me in this drama.

One bit that was slightly mis-translated which I thought I would post here of a cute scene from the last episode. This is when HJun tells HJ that she's going to start her maternity leave.

Starting at 44:57 in episode 50.

HJun: The meeting will start now.
HJ: Yes
HJun: Starting next week, I will be going on my 3 month maternity leave. Lawyer Lee, while I’m away, so that this law firm will continue to run smoothly, please do everything to your best.
HJ: Yes. I understand. Well, Lawyer Kim, Paralegal Choi, and I will do our best.
HJun: Well, since Lawyer Lee is second in command, I’m sure you’ll take your responsibility seriously and do well. However, since this will be the first time that I’ve been away from this law firm since I started it, it does still worry me.
HJ: Hmm. Your nagging has gotten very severe.
HJun: Lawyer Lee!

(Reflects a bit)
HJun: You’re right. I do worry and nag a lot. (HJ flashes an ok sign) However, Lawyer Lee is always so good at bitter criticism.
HJ: Am I only good at bitter criticisms? I’m also good at telling it like it is!
HJun: Today’s meeting is at an end.
(HJ approvingly claps.)
HJun: You are definitely going to miss me.
(HJ continues to happily clap, indicating he’s happy to be right.)
HJ: You are just…  Dolt Jr., see what he’s like?

Even at the start of this drama, HJ and HJun have had a very caring, teasing, and bickering relationship which indicated how close they are. It's nice to see that their respective marriages hasn't changed their core friendship. I really think that HJ and HJun are the true soulmates of this drama. Not in a romantic sense, since they are married to the ones they love. However, just in terms of their give and go relationship, their intellect, their values, their comfort and trust in each other, both personally and professionally.

I also enjoyed when YJ comes into the mix as it changes the dynamic amongst the three of them somewhat with YJ being the indulgent one to his little brother and his wife, and yet able to give as good as he gets. Their scenes always make me laugh and feel happy.

Anyway, nice wrap up to the drama, and a fittingly chaotic ending.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Even at the start of this drama, HJ and HJun have had a very caring, teasing, and bickering relationship which indicated how close they are. It's nice to see that their respective marriages hasn't changed their core friendship. I really think that HJ and HJun are the true soulmates of this drama. Not in a romantic sense, since they are married to the ones they love. However, just in terms of their give and go relationship, their intellect, their values, their comfort and trust in each other, both personally and professionally.

I also enjoyed when YJ comes into the mix as it changes the dynamic amongst the three of them somewhat with YJ being the indulgent one to his little brother and his wife, and yet able to give as good as he gets. Their scenes always make me laugh and feel happy

Lovely description of how I also see them. Def my fav part of this drama.

Here's a cute article about Shin Dong Mi as HaeJun... I must say, I will miss her. 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=34530837&memberNo=51307767

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Min86 said:

Lovely description of how I also see them. Def my fav part of this drama.

Here's a cute article about Shin Dong Mi as HaeJun... I must say, I will miss her. 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=34530837&memberNo=51307767

Aww. Thanks for posting the article @Min86. It was cute. I'm going to miss Hae Jun as well. Her story lines were definitely the ones that kept me hooked on this drama until the end. It seemed her parts were always so much livelier than the other plot lines. I suppose part of it was because there were humorous elements, for instance when she first met YJ's mother while having a fit of anger and the consequences of that when she finally started dating YJ seriously or their endless bickering, but I also think that the trio of Yoon Shi Yoon, Shin Dong Mi, and Oh Min Seok just had a lot of natural chemistry together, in all their permutations.

The sister to the grandfather and her family were also supposed to be comic, but I did not enjoy their scenes nearly as much.

• Like 1