It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

1 minute ago, Min86 said:

btw, do you think she’ll be mad bc she thinks her parents abused her and abandoned her

I do think that will be her initial assumption. But the father will have to prove that he was ill at that time and had put her in the home since no one could take care of her. 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

56 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do think that will be her initial assumption. But the father will have to prove that he was ill at that time and had put her in the home since no one could take care of her. 

Yes, but there will be fireworks first. 
also, remember the time she apparently was sick? Maybe I’m expecting the whole makjang plot of her getting sick and someone having to donate blood or something for her to get better. 

• Insightful 1

Well. I just went through the cuts on KBS and this is gonna be awkward with a capital A. For most of the episodes it has been a pretty happy one with HJ and MR on cloud nine now that they are engaged. Both families were excited and they even had a meet the family lunch. Yoga buddies had a pleasant surprised they would be in laws but I think it went well.

It is quite painful seeing how happy MR & HJ are ...

Spoiler

Then at the end of the episode MR's mum who had done a DNA test was found to be a match to HJ's grandad...and OMG they met ...we knew this was coming but fresh out thinking they are gonna be in laws , now we have this....how does one process this?

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

29 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Then at the end of the episode MR's mum who had done a DNA test was found to be a match to HJ's grandad...and OMG they met ...we knew this was coming but fresh out thinking they are gonna be in laws , now we have this....how does one process this?

This was such an impactful moment! I get why they left the ep there but now I want more!

The shock on their faces...all three of them. The confusion and surprise was plain to see. 

A great scene :BulbaOWO:

Now, we're going to have to deal with the ramifications of that encounter. There's so much to be said and to understand that it's no surprise the main couple will have to make a pause in their plans. Both families will need to do some healing before they can get married.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Min86 true what you say. It does give some conflict to the drama which I think is needed for the plot to carry on and to continue to keep audience engaged. I don't know how they will solve this though. MR for one may just call it off as I know she feels for her mum very much. And I don't think it will just be the wedding that gets called off. How to proceed with the relationship now?  :zzzz: Mum and grandad needs time to reconnect  & have things heal between them. I wonder if there will be a time jump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Min86 true what you say. It does give some conflict to the drama which I think is needed for the plot to carry on and to continue to keep audience engaged. I don't know how they will solve this though. MR for one may just call it off as I know she feels for her mum very much. And I don't think it will just be the wedding that gets called off. How to proceed with the relationship now?  :zzzz: Mum and grandad needs time to reconnect  & have things heal between them. I wonder if there will be a time jump.

It will certainly challenge the dynamic of those families. Even for MinHo, bc suddendly not only his dad's daughter is found, but is the mother of her 'soon to be daughter in law'. 

And the we have SuJong who has harbored so much anger and resentment bc of what she thinks happened. Now, she needs time to understand what really happened and to reconnect with the dad who has spent 50 years waiting/searching/longing for his child.

All of the existing relationships will be changed and as much as we would like the Hyun-Jae-MiRae marriage to happen now, it's just not plausible imo. Not just now. 

I am hoping they won't break up, but they will need to put their plans on hold until the families start to mend. 

Their marriage will be much more meaningful if their families are at peace.

Edited by Min86
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Mum and grandad needs time to reconnect  & have things heal between them. I wonder if there will be a time jump.

I hope not.  That is kinda depressing.

7 hours ago, Min86 said:

All of the existing relationships will be changed and as much as we would like the Hyun-Jae-MiRae marriage to happen now, it's just not plausible imo. Not just now. 

I am hoping they won't break up, but they will need to put their plans on hold until the families start to mend. 

Their marriage will be much more meaningful if their families are at peace.

Perfectly said.  I wonder why  Hyun Jae is crying so hard in the preview…. Oh wow this drama is going to be a mess now.  It’s been a mellow breeze watching honestly.  it’s going to be sad watching everyone crying and screaming at each other…Forget the pregnancy trivia. That’s totally out the window now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

tumblr-39605c0a18cc92fed96e295b607a8447-

Export News Reporter Lee Yi Jin.

0001483148-001-20220801064603680.jpg

'It's Beautiful Now' Park In Hwan met her daughter Park Ji Young.

In the 36th episode of the KBS 2TV weekend drama 'Now is Beautiful', which was broadcast on the 31st, Jin Soo Jung (Park Ji Young) was depicted looking for her biological parents.

On this day, Jin Soo Jung started looking for her biological parents, but had a hard time finding it. She expressed her resentment towards her biological parents, saying to Jin Soo Eun and Hyun Jin Heon (Byeon Woo Min), "How bad would the situation be if you abandoned your child?

Hyun Jin Heon comforted her by saying, "Don't think about the worst," and Jin Soo said, "Your sympathy will go away? It's still bloodline? But what can you do to meet such a person?

Spoiler

0001483148-002-20220801064603723.jpg

Actually, there's no guarantee that you'll ever meet. Maybe he's already died. I don't know," he said. Also, Hyun Mi Rae (Bae Da Bin) proposed to Lee Hyun Jae (Yoon Si Yoon) and promised to get married. Hyun Mi Rae pointed out to Jin Soo, "I'm going to marry Hyun Soo," and Jin Soo said, "Congratulations. If you don't get married, who will?"

Spoiler

0001483148-003-20220801064603807.jpg

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1612109

hello everyone. I concur,  I really like Mi Rae and Hyun Jae on-screen chemistry. also, Hyun Jae always encourages Mi Rae to excel in her work. that is a very positive character traits in Hyun Jae. Yoon Si Yoon (Hyun Jae). I think he suits the character of Hyun Jae very well, for in real life YSY's character is similar. stable, steadfast and independent. meanwhile, it's hard to read what's going on in the romance department. emotions, actions and reactions, thoughts etc … are all over the place. everything is transient. as there are many episodes more to go, a sight for sore eyes. :love:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

There were so many sweet Hyun Mi scenes which I think will make what's to come really painful. It looks like they haven't revealed it to the pair.

See how happy they were

This scene really bugged me ...mum didn't want her kids to wash the dishes but it was okay for Hae Jun to do it....

Spoiler

the preview is not looking good ...seeing Hyun Jae cry like that breaks my heart

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is way messier than I had expected with the law coming in :psweatduck:

That won’t go well with KyungAe. And I don’t think thy Hyun Jae will feel very good about that scenario either. He and his dad are very close and he knows what grandpa means to dad.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Min86 I read on Naver articles that Hae Jun may be having difficulty conceiving. I hope that won't become an issue ...I believe YJ and HJ had said they would go with the flow . 

Yes, I haven’t watched the clip but I’ve read that. At this point I’m not surprised.

the writers did know how to tease us with the whole pregnancy preview. 😂 

now, I won’t be surprised if it’s MiRae. The dolts, it seems will end up adopting?

• Like 1

Very heartbreaking watching today episode.

I feel so bad for both granpa and daughter.  I guess after talking. There is still too much misunderstanding not resolved between two of them.  Honestly the wedding needs to be put on hold until they can figure out their emotional baggage.

Legally I don’t see a problem with MiRae and HJ marrying.  They aren’t blood related and in the past didn’t everyone marry each other in circles anyway.  First  Cousins marrying each other or brother taking brothers wife when he died. and round and round round nasty incest it went.  Sorry. My mind is stuck in LLTg mode. 

@abs-oluteMoh no!  I just read this after commenting!

this is terrible. Well will be interesting which party makes changes to make everyone happy.  

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is way messier than I had expected with the law coming in :psweatduck:

Edited by Mizv
  • Sad 2

Hi all... I'm all caught up with all the 8 episodes I was behind with...

Urgh, the angst is kicking in this week. Haven't watched last night's episode. I might have to save it to watch with tonight's episode back to back.

I have to say I could never understand the culture(?) legalism(?) of not being able to marry each other because of not-legally-related also not-blood-related reason. Let me roll my eyes back first. This trope I've seen for the first time in a 2011 family drama My Love My Family. But it's 2022 now. Is the drama milking this trope too much? We'll see...

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

7 hours ago, Mizv said:

Very heartbreaking watching today episode.

I feel so bad for both granpa and daughter.  I guess after talking. There is still too much misunderstanding not resolved between two of them.  Honestly the wedding needs to be put on hold until they can figure out their emotional baggage.

There’s a lot of feelings and things to work out between them and all of the ppl in those families. 
I guess the biggest issue is how legally their reunion will affect them all, especially MiRae-HyunJae. 
They’re planning on marrying in three months… 

i wonder if we’re getting a time jumó at some point. 

also, I liked how YooNa told JH what she feels. It was clear that she had not developed any romantic interest in him and tbh I was a little annoyed with his cocky attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep.38 subs not yet out for me. 
O gosh, 37 is a tear-jerker, mainly for grandpa. I really don’t care about Mirae’s mum tbh. Sorry, she was once unlikable in my eyes, then became likable again when she removed her prejudice towards HJ, and now she’s back to being unlikable (roll eyes)... I mean, why is she so adamant that she was abandoned? She couldn’t try to find out first what actually happened but just keep assuming and keep accusing her father abandoned her?? There must be a reason why, besides what she assumed all these years. Geez.... Whether or not grandpa is telling the truth, she should at least listen before making a decision to believe in the reason or not. Sorry, no sympathy for her from me. Even if she doesn’t feel like meeting grandpa anymore, it’s very easy to find out some background by asking the police station which facilitated their reunion. I want her to hear how grandpa goes there almost every day in the past 50 years to check if there’s any result. 

And then, I couldn’t understand the legal issues for next episode, or should I say predicted legal issue... Isn’t she already legally adopted to her family? She even goes by a different name now. Unless her parents just took her in and never put her in their family registry? Couldn’t be that, right? So how are HJ and MR suddenly cousins by law? 

Anyway, these people are making simple things complicated, urgh! But I guess that’s why we have a drama to watch, LOL... What’s in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet... What’s in a legal status? A harmonious relation would be as loving and sweet experience to have. Why can’t everyone just be in the big family and be happy together? The joy would be multiplied!! Duh....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And then, I couldn’t understand the legal issues for next episode, or should I say predicted legal issue... Isn’t she already legally adopted to her family? She even goes by a different name now. Unless her parents just took her in and never put her in their family registry? Couldn’t be that, right? So how are HJ and MR suddenly cousins by law? 

Good point. I feel everyone else is assuming grandfather will automatically register MiRae mom. Without looking at the current emotional barriers that may prevent this legal transition.  Right now granpa isn’t even thinking about this! He is more focused on trying to repair the emotional damage.  

when granpa starts to cry,  I find myself crying too.  Seriously this old dude is good at his job.  making me cry so hard.   unfortunately I wish Great Auntie would stop yelling. that was kinda annoying for everyone.  bless their souls for being respectful and patient. 

I wonder if  MinHo will step back and change his registry so that  MiRae and HJ  can get married.  But wouldn’t that make a big mess for everyone else?  

I hope Mirae mom doesn’t wait too long to read the letters, and hopefully find some peace with her resentment feeling replaced with MinHo. … I guess it will be a time jump to give everyone time to heal.

• Like 4

Ep.38 came out as soon as I posted above, and I made a mistake in watching it last night. Ended up with swollen eyes and this morning my head hurts a bit, hahaha...

One of the best scenes last night for me was when the two fathers meet up and talked. Even though it was a short scene, we can see how they cared about their family and wanted to find a solution, although they do not know yet how to go about it. HJ’s father is a really wise person. I especially love how he quickly processed the problem and seek legal  advise. How he tried to bridge the estranged father and daughter. How he wants to try his utmost to make the wedding happen. 

I appreciate that the drama did not drag the secret and everybody found out by the end of episode 38. The point when I really started crying and tears couldn’t stop since then was at the scene of HJ arriving at YJ-HJ’s apartment, and weakly said “I heard about it...” That part was so heart wrenching! Kudos to YSY for the acting. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I'm late to this thread but I must say that my main problem with ep 38 is not bc Grandpa is not looking at anything else but how to get his daughter to talk/forgive him. It's not even how MiRae's mom is refusing to listen at least but she's  making her own conclusions.

OR how the nosy family members from upstairs are butting in.

What annoyed me the most is MiRae's unilateral decision. She pondered the problem for one night, didn't consult with anyone when she knows 2 lawyers. She also didn't talk about it with Hyun Jae. She just went all radical with a decision which would affect not only her but the man she claims to love and also both families which are already in turmoil.

Why would all of them rush to make such decisions when things are already so messy. I guess, pospoining the marriage would be a given (even if most ppl disagreed) but breaking up?!

At the moment, the relationtship between SoJung and Grandpa is not good. First, they need to solve their hurt/guilt/anger/resentment and then, I'm sure they can agree on how to proceed so that MiRae and HyunJae would not end up sacrificing their happiness. Grandpa has wanted to meet his dauhter and see her happy...I think he'd agreed to not register her if that's what she wants.

But...I guess we wouldn't have the drama if this happened...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

tumblr-4337527cb8afb233ef4034c55d6234a3-

iMBC Baek Ah Young | Screen Capture KBS.

N4o-UBcq-L7-Xxj637960200601283208.jpg

0000164080-002-20220813204301643.jpg

In the KBS 2TV weekend drama 'It's Beautiful Now', which was broadcast on the 13th (Sat), Hyun Mirae (Bae Da Bin), who found out about the relationship between Lee Kyung Cheol (Park In Hwan) and Jin Soo (Park Ji Young), broke up with Lee Hyun Jae (Yoon Shi Yoon).

Earlier, after hearing the news that Jin Su Jeong had met her biological father, Lee Kyung Cheol, Hyun Mirae said, "My mother's life was so terrible. I don't want my mother to sacrifice for my love. She has been patient enough and has found biological parents. I want to let her choose what she wants to do,” she said. “I don't want to force myself to create a relationship because of me. I'm sorry." she said.

Lee Hyun Jae said, "Okay. okay. As you said, let's step away for a moment and watch the situation. But don't even think about breaking up. I can't accept breaking up.” he said. Tears rolling down his eyes.

'click on the link'

source:

Spoiler

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/356767

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I think MinHo is proposing changing his adoption so HJ and Min Jae can get married.  It hurt a lot that Soo Young felt replaced.

It’s nice everyone is concerned about HJ and available  to support him.  but I feel MJ is  emotionally lonely and putting on a strong forefront.  But from the preview looks like HJ isn’t going to wait around, he loves her…. How many episodes left?  I wonder if this storyline will be long or quick. 

• Like 2