It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse and the updates @Min86.

So Hae Jun has opposition from her own family regarding the marriage too ? 

It seems that her brother is not comfortable with YoonJae’s situation… at least that’s what I gathered. Not sure what the issue is for the sister in law. 

I am dreading next ep… not only for them but MiRae and Hyun Jae. 🥺

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse and the updates @Min86.

So Hae Jun has opposition from her own family regarding the marriage too ? 

Haven't watched the episode, but from the clips that @Min86posted, the sister-in-law asks if HJun has checked up on YJ since as a dentist, even if he is 40, he could still marry well. The implication is that there must be something wrong for YJ to agree to marry HJun.

Also, HJun overhears her sister-in-law talking on the phone to someone about how HJun should just live well by herself rather than getting married so late in life, especially since HJun may be too old to have a baby anyway.

Then, apparently, during the meal itself, the siter-in-law asking nosy questions to YJ, again with the implication that with his looks and qualifications, how could YJ still be single and also be willing to marry an old maid like HJun.

HJun tells her brother that he only cares for his own family and not for her, and that if their mother had been alive, that she would have been happy for her and that he couldn't have treated her (HJun) this way.

Over all, it seems as if it was a very offensive situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Translation of the ep 31 preview

Grandmother: How could this be!!

Aunt: Are you happy now?
SJeong: You’re just doing this because you want her inheritance. That is the only thing you care about!

Husband: You hit my Soo Jeong, didn’t you?
Aunt: You’re so crazy over your wife…
Husband: You really - !

SJ: If it’s something I can make money at, I’m doing it all.
Mother: What can you do to make money?
SJ: Cleaning
Mother: Where are you cleaning?
Mother: If you’re cleaning at Bong Foods, isn’t that the company that Yoon Ah works at?

Father: We have to have a family meeting for the wedding for Lee Yoon Jae.
Mother: I don’t want to do it.

HJun: You’re not going to speak informally to me? Because I’m too old, you’re not able to speak informally to me?

Mother: I don’t even like her, so why have a family meeting for the wedding?

Grandfather: However, I don’t see Lee Yoon Jae.

MR: I told mom about your (Hyun Jae’s) father being an adoptee, and my mother started acting strangely.
HJ: If I ask what’s going on, would that upset you?
MR: It’s hard to speak about it.

HJ: You said you would call me yesterday, but you haven’t called me yet.
MR: For the time being, I don’t think I can see you.

So, I'm happy to see that HJun is regaining her spunk, even around YJ's family. Seriously, the mother is being ridiculous. Then again, more and more of these dramas seem to make the mothers the problem. From the preview, it seems that MR's mother had a meltdown as well over the fact that HJ's father is an adoptee. Then again, the stress of keeping a secret from her in-laws only to have it come spilling out anyway was probably enough to turn her crazy. Seriously first world problems these families have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, I'm happy to see that HJun is regaining her spunk, even around YJ's family. Seriously, the mother is being ridiculous. Then again, more and more of these dramas seem to make the mothers the problem. From the preview, it seems that MR's mother had a meltdown as well over the fact that HJ's father is an adoptee. Then again, the stress of keeping a secret from her in-laws only to have it come spilling out anyway was probably enough to turn her crazy. Seriously first world problems these families have.

I am happy for that too! I just hope that YoonJae won’t end up disappointing her… but I am trying not to get to anxious… so far, those previews are a little misleading. 

Someone was saying how HaeJun has a bad temper in comparison to MiRae and YooNa and tbh, I’m glad she has spunk. I don’t see it as a bad temper. She’s a successful, self confident, grown woman. 

MiRae’s family drama is a little too Mi h at times for me. Now the aunt has as much time as any other character and I wanted to scream! 

Hopefully next ep, the secret and relationship with granddad will come out. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Someone was saying how HaeJun has a bad temper in comparison to MiRae and YooNa and tbh, I’m glad she has spunk. I don’t see it as a bad temper. She’s a successful, self confident, grown woman. 

I don't feel that HJun has a bad temper. I do think that both MR and YA are very much more docile than HJun is. Also, HJun is not only responsible for herself, but also her law firm, including employees, and her clients. She can't have a docile temperament and actually take charge and be responsible. HJun is way more decisive about what she wants, needs, and likes, and is quick to voice when her expectations are not being met.

I think that one of the issues this drama may be addressing is the double standards for successful men and women? Women are expected to be docile, even servile in the homes and to their parents and in-laws regardless of their level of success outside of the home. Otherwise, they're seen as having bad tempers or personality flaws or being hard to love. While men may also have expectations have filial duty, they are also forgiven as being manly, being responsible, etc., even if they have anger management issues and are jerks to the family as well as others. Anyway, I hope the writer is writing to address that rather than just perpetuating stereotypes of what older SK society apparently still expect.

If anything, the mothers are the ones with the bad tempers in this drama. They act out of petulance and because they don't get their own way. They have tantrums, crying fits, yell, hit, etc.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I don't feel that HJun has a bad temper. I do think that both MR and YA are very much more docile than HJun is. Also, HJun is not only responsible for herself, but also her law firm, including employees, and her clients. She can't have a docile temperament and actually take charge and be responsible. HJun is way more decisive about what she wants, needs, and likes, and is quick to voice when her expectations are not being met.

Agree with this. Absolutely. 

Tbh, for YoonJae, someone who says what she wants clearly really helps him, because otherwise the guy is a little lost. But the mom or other ppl don't see it like that. 

They all see him as a great catch bc he has an established practice, but seriously condemn HaeJun for hers? 

ugh!

Here's the clip of the last exchange between HaeJun and her brother: 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Here's the clip of the last exchange between HaeJun and her brother: 

The brother remarks that YJ doesn't have a car or a place of his own yet, and then wonders whether YJ is just marrying HJun because HJun has a lot already (meaning she's relatively wealthy). The brother says he's just worried for HJun since it's odd for YJ to have so little despite his age, and that it's because HJun is older that he's worried about her and doesn't want her taken advantage of. After all, she's made a success of herself, and one can't have everything one wants in life. I guess meaning that she's being too greedy or foolish to think that she can be successful in her career and also have a good relationship that starts later in life?) The brother goes on to say that perhaps HJun should just live well, hanging out with his family and watching her nephews grow up. HJun fires back whether if she gets married, that means that she can't still hang out with them and watch her nephews grow up.

Anyway, ultimately, HJun tells her brother to mind his own business and just to attend the wedding. However, the brother has the last word in the clip when he asks whether there isn't going to be a family wedding meeting and whether HJun was going to just get married without any family. Grrrr.

I suppose I can kind of understand that the brother thinks he's looking out for his little sister, given all of the prevailing prejudices towards women in SK. Still, it sucks that he is so uninvolved in her life and now comes in with all his prejudices, putting his sister down that way. Though, the brother is better than his smug stupid little wife who clearly has a lot of prejudices.

1 minute ago, Min86 said:

Tbh, I am hoping that YoonJae surprised us, like he did at the bridge...otherwise, I'm expecting a disaster... 

It better not be a disaster. YJ had better turn up, being as loving as possible to HJun!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, ultimately, HJun tells her brother to mind his own business and just to attend the wedding. However, the brother has the last word in the clip when he asks whether there isn't going to be a family wedding meeting and whether HJun was going to just get married without any family

I am wondering if the brother won't try to meet YoonJae to talk him out of that marriage...just like Mom Lee will surely try to do with HaeJun!!

I am fuming mad at these ppl already!! :mad:

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It better not be a disaster. YJ had better turn up, being as loving as possible to HJun!

He better, cause we won't accept anything else! This man better not disappoint now!

I want him to do some sweet, impulsive thing that leave all the annoying ppl with their mouths on the floor!

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
1 minute ago, Min86 said:

He better, cause we won't accept anything else! This man better not disappoint now!

I want him to do some sweet, impulsive thing that leave all the annoying ppl with their mouths on the floor!

Yes! Though, I'm worried that it's not close enough to the end for YJ and HJun to finally be together. Then again, they're not the main couple, so perhaps they'll show us their wedding and then their married lives as they continue to negotiate the family thing?

Especially since it seems that MR and HJ are going to go through some seriously rocky times.

Not sure what's going on with the youngest brother SJ, btw. Though to be honest, I don't think that he should get back together with YA, though JH really can't be with YA either if MR and HJ do become a couple.

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, they're not the main couple, so perhaps they'll show us their wedding and then their married lives as they continue to negotiate the family thing?

I hope we get that..because imo, they have much more to deal with if they're married than now. Only while married could they face issues like how they deal with finances or the house and the relatives...

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Especially since it seems that MR and HJ are going to go through some seriously rocky times.

Yes, it seems the adoption and the relationship with grandpa might make it difficult for them.

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure what's going on with the youngest brother SJ, btw. Though to be honest, I don't think that he should get back together with YA, though JH really can't be with YA either if MR and HJ do become a couple.

Somehow, I prefer he gets back together with her, bc seeing so  much screentime on MiRae's family is already getting on my nerves lol!

But seriously, imagine YN and JH get together and then they find out JH and SJ are for all purposes cousins? Mom Lee would have a collapse surely.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

"not her real daughter" Park Ji-young, finally confessed to her sister-in-law Choi Soo-rin. 

Osen Reporter Park So-young

GNNXA7-TAE4-KTIZV6-ZCL4-URDNQU.jpg

Park Ji-young raised a white flag to her sister-in-law Choi Soo-rin. Park Ji-young's shocking confession, "she's not your daughter," shook the small screen.

In the 30th episode of the KBS 2TV weekend drama 'It's Beautiful Now' (directed by Kim Seong-geun, written by Ha Myung-hee, produced by SLL, Drama House Studio, contents written), which aired on the 10th, Su-jeong (Park Ji-young) said, "I don't think she's a real daughter." He confessed the truth in front of Jin-ju (Choi Soo-rin). Because she pushed in a recording file containing the voice of her mother Mi-yeong (Lee Ju-sil), saying, "Stop talking about Jin-ju saying that she can't have children. Su-jeong must be raised by us."

Su-jeong, who did not respond to Jin-ju's quick question, "Aren't you an adopted child?" was so painful that she couldn't even breathe. Su-jeong suspicious attitude, unable to eat, raised Jin-ju suspicions like a fireball. But her mother Jeong-jae (Ban Hyo-jeong) scolded her saying, "There are sounds that she shouldn't even joke about." When she even offered her expensive bag she cherished to comfort her daughter-in-law, who was hurt because of her daughter, her amazing Jin-ju eventually went to Mi-yeong hospital room to obtain evidence. All of the stories Mi-yeong brought up again due to her dementia symptoms were recorded on her cell phone.

Jin-ju summoned her mother and brother Jin-heon (Byeon Woo-min) and listened to the recorded voice. Jeong-jae, who said, “Stop writing novels,” was at a loss for words, and Jin-heon jumped, saying, “What happened to you?” But she did not give in. “How long are you going to be controlling behind your brother?”, accusing Su-jeong. In the end, Su-jeong seems to have made a decision, saying, “You are right. I'm not her daughter," she said bluntly. There was only silence in the house that created tension. It was an ending that exploded curiosity about what kind of development Su-jeong confession would lead to.

'read on for more details'

source:

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/07/11/KCVKENIQ2JVNJ6BMXQQCKTLVGE/

tumblr-39605c0a18cc92fed96e295b607a8447-

• Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I guess there will be more screen time for my least favorite arc of this drama...dealing with MR's mum being adopted. :lettalKWA:

Ugh, I was already thinking they had too much screen time in the last couple of weekends!! Now, they’ll probably have more! 😩😩😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@stroppyse same ...but what I have been doing is abusing the FF button on parts that annoy me. :laugh:

Preview

YJ's mum started off as a mother figure I really liked but now I am annoyed with her - what's with her prejudice towards Hae Jun?

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

what's with her prejudice towards Hae Jun?

I don’t get this woman!!! I haven’t watched the ep yet, bc I’m not home, but I’m already dreading the whole show! 

And what’s KyungAe telling HaeJun now? Is she telling her to break up with YJ? Like she did with YooNa? What’s wrong with her!? 😩😩😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Min86 not sure if she is telling her outright to break up with YJ

But at least there was one funny scene today! :laugh:

So MR's mum told her kids about her being adopted. Love how they responded. MR and her bro are very supportive of mum , regardless

MR telling HJ about her mum's issue? 

Spoiler

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Translation of the preview

HJun: What is it that you wanted to tell me that you said I had to meet you?

Mother: Do you really want to marry her when her family is treating you so badly?
YJ: Mom!
Mother: What?!

HJun: Your mother doesn’t like me?
YJ: You’re being a little sensitive. Why are you worrying so much?

YJ: Mom’s being a little sensitive.
Mother: Then why didn’t you tell me then?! Instead of telling me now?!

Mother: Apparently, you heard the phone call. I also don’t like that you don’t have parents.

JH: I said that I would give you a departing gift. Aren’t you curious what it is?
YA: I am curious.
JH: Yoon Ah-shi, let’s part ways now.

SJung Mother: Find your parents! Find your parents and ask why they would do such a thing to you! Ask them!

HJ Father: Did you tell Mi Rae-shi that your father was adopted?

MR: My maternal grandmother told my mother…

SJung: Mom! Why can’t you speak? Oh no! Nurse!

HJ: What are you saying?
MR: It’s my fault that we can’t have children.  (me: I’m not sure about the pronouns, and won’t be until I see the entire scene. It’s not clear whether they are talking about themselves or her mother or what.)

YJ's mother is just ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

YJ's mum started off as a mother figure I really liked but now I am annoyed with her - what's with her prejudice towards Hae Jun?

I honestly think it's because HJun is the anti-YA. It already said something that she was so taken with YA that she was willing to allow her immature youngest son who has no job or prospects to get married and ignore all the warning signs that were there that something was off. The mom knew that SJ was probably getting married to get the apartment, but she was willing to go along with it.

Then HJun comes along who is a smart, successful woman with her own lawfirm at which her second son works, and she doesn't know how to deal with HJun because HJun isn't a shy, deferential little girl that the mother can "mother" and feel superior to. Rather, the mother knows that HJun has accomplished a lot of things already that she, the mother herself, never even thought of doing. So, the mother is intimidated. And, she's also probably worrying that HJun will have the upper hand in the marriage as the older, more successful of the couple.

Which is what makes the mother so ridiculous. Rather than being happy that such an accomplished woman wants to share the rest of her life with YJ, and also that such a woman is being all deferential to her, she would rather that YJ go find another YA-type. Ugh

• Insightful 1
Just now, Min86 said:

What is wrong with that woman!?!? :mad:

Seriously she’s going there!?!

Yeah, she's telling a 42 year old woman that there is something wrong with her because both of her parents aren't still alive. Ridiculous.

I guess she's technically an orphan, but it's not as if HJun grew up without parents or didn't know her parents. Also, I'm still not onboard with this orphans have a mark against them stuff.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

Yeah, she's telling a 42 year old woman that there is something wrong with her because both of her parents aren't still alive. Ridiculous.

I guess she's technically an orphan, but it's not as if HJun grew up without parents or didn't know her parents. Also, I'm still not onboard with this orphans have a mark against them stuff.

No, I mean… her husband would have been an orphan too!! But her hypocrisy doesn’t let her see that! 

• Like 1