It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh more serious stuff.. @stroppyse the elders cancelled the marriage project right? But did YJ and HJ find out what Soo Jae did?

Yes, the elders cancelled the marriage project saying that they were wrong to have done it in the first place since it led SJ to lie to them and set up the sham marriage. YJ and HJ know what SJ did, and SJ seems to be at HJ's place for the moment. HJ tried to reassure the elders that they didn't raise them wrong since neither YJ nor HJ were swayed to do it, though the father responded that may be because both YJ and HJ were already established well. That's when HJ mentions that SJ was at his house, and that if SJ had seriously wanted to destroy himself, he probably wouldn't have come to HJ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

the double date turned out so sweet and actually quite entertaining especially the bickering between HJ vs HJ. Clearly these two have a great bond (just like siblings ) beyond that of boss vs subordinate. Actually you can see that the actress playing MR is quite green in the scenes with the four of them. The other 3 are clearly very seasoned actors. But it's not a deal breaker for me since MR's character is written to be quite docile and timid

I just wished it would have been longer..loved the interactions between the four, HJ and HJ obviously were great and as you pointed out, when the four of them are together, it's really obvious how MR is not quite up to par with the other seasoned actors. Those three are superb. 

50 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway , what has caught my interest right now is the brothers' mum finding out the truth about Soo Jae and Yuna's  "marriage" plans. It is about time she does. I like this actress who plays the mother and I can really feel how disappointed and angry she is now that she knows the truth. 

This was due already. In ep 24 we clearly see how much this will set the tone for that relationship in the coming episdes. It was quite intense for the mom and her family. 

I still need to wait for the subs. lol

As for the other two couples, HyunMi, being cute and the dolts progressing faster than I think most ppl thought. I couldn't help but make this observation after their night together though, it seems YoonJae did a good job bc ms Sim was radiant  :MewGiggle:

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, the elders cancelled the marriage project saying that they were wrong to have done it in the first place since it led SJ to lie to them and set up the sham marriage. YJ and HJ know what SJ did, and SJ seems to be at HJ's place for the moment. HJ tried to reassure the elders that they didn't raise them wrong since neither YJ nor HJ were swayed to do it, though the father responded that may be because both YJ and HJ were already established well. That's when HJ mentions that SJ was at his house, and that if SJ had seriously wanted to destroy himself, he probably wouldn't have come to HJ.

It was quite intense today, those family scenes but also so full or warmth and care for the other family members. I appreciated that. 

It's true that the older brothers being established made a difference, their maturity too. Soo Jae might have been too coddled imo. 

Thanks for the explanation @stroppyse, if you have the time, could you provide a translation for the preview too?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the explanation @stroppyse I am assuming they all know that Soo Jae got scammed too right? 

6 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I couldn't help but make this observation after their night together though, it seems YoonJae did a good job bc ms Sim was radiant  

I laughed so loud here. Miss Sim is one happy woman. Well-done Yoon Jae :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Translation of the preview for ep 25

YN: What is this?
JH: Go with your boyfriend and enjoy eating it. Eating delicious things is also a part of your studies.
SJ: Did you tell your boss about us? About what just happened? I’m not going.

Father: You said that you’re going to introduce your girlfriend to Grandfather?
YJ: Oh, you told him already?
Grandfather: I did do a little bragging.

Grandfather: Oh, you’re not scared of me, are you?
HJun: Why am I like this today?

MR Father: How was it? Meeting Mi Rae’s boyfriend?
MR Mother: It was just okay.

MR Mother: Did you feel that I was so uptight?
HJ: I did feel that this would be a difficult meeting.
MR Mother: Seeing as how you say everything you want, it doesn’t feel as if you find it difficult.

SJ Mother: I would like to never see you again. You two can’t see each other again. You two who were dating in order to commit a crime, what might happen if you started seeing each other again?
YN: Na Yu Na-shi, are you crying? Where are you right now?

JH: Do you want to have dinner before we go?
YN: Yes

MR's mother did not like HJ. I think she was pre-disposed to not like him anyway since she considers it too soon for MR to be dating right after her divorce, plus she was also unhappy that MR had a crush on HJ first and may like him more than he likes her. However, it seems that HJ did not take on a suitably humble enough demeanor in front of MR's mother either. HJ didn't have to talk about it being a "difficult meeting", and it feels as if what led up to that comment was HJ's presumptions about MR's mother which also shouldn't have been a topic of discussion. Oh well, guess HJ can't really stop from being a lawyer.

HJun seemed super nervous at the meal with the grandfather, and I can understand why. HJun doesn't seem to have ever had a serious boyfriend so probably doesn't have a lot of experience anyway, whereas she really likes YJ, plus she's already nervous that YJ's mother has a bad opinion of her already, and this was meeting the head of YJ's family!

It seems that YN and JH may start a little romance, but thinking about it, it's going to be hard for YN and JH as well. If they do well, then YN will keep having to see HJ who she knows is SJ's brother whereas JH doesn't know that fact yet. Plus, the story of YN's attempt to scam HJ's family would get found out sooner or later by JH's mother. I can't imagine that is going to thrill her to have a scam artist DIL, especially one who had been involved with HJ who she already doesn't like. I don't think JH's mother antipathy towards HJ is strong enough to welcome YN on the basis that at least she was trying to harm HJ's family.

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for the explanation @stroppyse I am assuming they all know that Soo Jae got scammed too right? 

Yes, they know that SJ got scammed.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I laughed so loud here. Miss Sim is one happy woman. Well-done Yoon Jae

Lololol :lmao2: Ms Sim was radiant and her singing her heart out while working....yep, our Dolt definitely didn't disappoint! Let's see if maybe baby makes an appearance!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Short scene, but funny

HJun: When will the two of you go back home?
HJ: We haven’t talked about that yet.
HJun: Mi Rae-shi, don’t you have to go home before it becomes much later?
MR: I do have to do that.  
HJun: Then do you want to go back together? Or should we just separate here?
HJ: You want to leave now?
HJun: Yes
YJ: Well, we’ve already eaten everything, we’ve taken a walk, so we’ve done everything there is to do around here anyway. Right?
HJun: Yes
YJ: Also, if we leave too late, then it might be a little hard on Hae Jun-shi
HJ: Then hyung can drive!
HJun: No! It’s more comfortable if I drive.
YJ: Yes, Hae Jun-shi is a much better driver than me.
HJ: Wow, you two just match each other well.
HJun: Aren’t you jealous?
HJ: Oh, there’s nothing to be jealous about. We match each other well also.
HJun: Wow, you won’t let anyone else get the last word!
YJ: Well, Hae Jun-shi is also like that.
HJ: Hyung!
HJ: So, what should we do?
MR: Let’s go as well.
HJ: Should we? Ok.
HJ: Okay, let’s go! Hyung, take down the tent then.
YJ: I have to fold it back up?
HJun: Can’t you guys do it?
HJ: No!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Thank you for the translation @stroppyse :)

It seems that the maknae couple could be making an even bigger mess of things. Bc, honestly if YN starts dating Mirae's brother, bc SooJae is pushing her away, will be a mess for all of them, especially once the families relationship comes out. I dont' think any of the elders would be happy then.

Seems like MiRae will have to step up and be a mediator between her mother and boyfriend. It's clear her mom is already biased against him and his attitude, probably didn't help. I do think that he sometimes is too sure of himself lol. 

Hae Jun being so nervous is endearing to see tbh. As you wrote, it does not seem like she's being in a serious relationship before and she's meeting the head of the family of the man she is smitten with. Yoon Jae is probably, for her , the  last chance to maybe marry. so, I can understand that. I just hope grandpa and yoon jae reassure her. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The night together seen was just a hint of suggestive with no actual action between the leads. LOL. However, that seems fitting for this couple. I appreciated HJun pulling YJ into the bedroom though after he opens the door.

Plus, their eagerness to leave the beach and be alone together after YJ mentions that his back is all better now. :lmao2:

Grandfather calling YJ and asking him to come back home even though he's still training was sweet, with Y agreeing to do so. HJun's disappointment that YJ may have to leave to go home that night was palpable, though it was good that YJ quickly reminded her that they still had some things to do that night. :laugh:

I assume from the morning after that HJun and YJ had a very nice night together, even if they woke up fully clothed. Then again, this is a family drama after all. Guess we should be content that they let us know that 2 mature, healthy, attractive adults who are dating can also experience carnal happiness. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The night together seen was just a hint of suggestive with no actual action between the leads. LOL. However, that seems fitting for this couple. I appreciated HJun pulling YJ into the bedroom though after he opens the door.

Plus, their eagerness to leave the beach and be alone together after YJ mentions that his back is all better now. :lmao2:

Grandfather calling YJ and asking him to come back home even though he's still training was sweet, with Y agreeing to do so. HJun's disappointment that YJ may have to leave to go home that night was palpable, though it was good that YJ quickly reminded her that they still had some things to do that night. :laugh:

I assume from the morning after that HJun and YJ had a very nice night together, even if they woke up fully clothed. Then again, this is a family drama after all. Guess we should be content that they let us know that 2 mature, healthy, attractive adults who are dating can also experience carnal happiness. :heart:

They were in such a rush to leave and have some private time I was cackling! And Hae Jun didn't want to risk another accident so she told YJ no, when he wanted to carry her inside the bedroom...her pulling him into the bedroom was more like them tbh.

It seems like HaeJun is really happy to have Yoon Jae living with her, there was a moment, later when YJ was at home and she came back to her place...she looked around and I thought she looked sad.

They gave us more than I was expecting, especially with showing her waking up, leaving the bed and him reaching for her and finding out she's gone. It was more than I expected for a weekend drama. I'm glad for it. 

Besides, they have spent a couple of episodes now, hinting at their desires and that's also refreshing imo. Let's see how the date with Grandpa goes.

And I loved how YJ pulled Hjun into his arms in the preview...no idea what happens, but loved it all the same!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

And I loved how YJ pulled Hjun into his arms in the preview...no idea what happens, but loved it all the same!

Yes! That was really sweet. For some reason, I was thinking that YJ had just told HJun about meeting his grandfather and her worrying about it, so he pulls her into his arms and hugs to reassure her. I don't know what makes me think that is what is happening, but I'm going to continue to think that until the next episode shows us what is really happening. :duckhearts:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

I used to think that Mirae’s mother is cool. That both of them have such close relationship, which I honestly am envious because I certainly don’t have half of their closeness with my own mother. But lately, she has become the character I dislike the most in the story. Especially from the preview, how she assessed Hyun Jae when her husband asked. I don’t really know how to describe it, but I feel that she is not genuine enough. I almost want to use the word hypocrite to describe her but am holding back for now. I just really don’t like how she is so prejudiced against Hyun Jae, without getting to know him first and properly. At the very least, this is the person who professionally helped her daughter get out of her mess of a marriage. She should at least shown some gratitude and respect. Yes, I dislike her a lot and feel like skipping her scenes. 

@stroppyse do you know about the savings plan that are common in Korea? It’s been a few occasion now where I saw in dramas (eg. here, Liberation) that the banking officer told our characters that what a pity to “cash out” the savings, that only one month left of it. What kind of savings is that and what’s the usual terms and benefit? 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I almost want to use the word hypocrite to describe her but am holding back for now.

I'm happy to call MR's mother a hypocrite. Also, I'm getting tired of her poor little me thing. Mostly because I feel as if she brought it all on herself, and now she doesn't want to do it any more, but she also doesn't want to deal with breaking expectations and her family's reaction to her abnormal behavior.

If she had been true about herself and accepted herself, she might not have had these issues. Even the whole orphan thing, it's an issue because she herself is an orphan. :P

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse do you know about the savings plan that are common in Korea? It’s been a few occasion now where I saw in dramas (eg. here, Liberation) that the banking officer told our characters that what a pity to “cash out” the savings, that only one month left of it. What kind of savings is that and what’s the usual terms and benefit? 

They're probably talking about CD's (certificates of deposit) which are a common bank instrument, not just in SK but in the USA and elsewhere. There are a number of instruments that are similar in nature to CD's but they work like this. You agree to put some money into an account at the bank for some preset time, e.g. 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 15 years, etc. During that time, the bank is going to use your money to make loans to other people earning interest income on it. In return, the bank is going to give you regular interest payments that are higher than other types of accounts. The trick is that you have to leave the entire amount in the account for the agreed upon term. Otherwise, there are penalties that are assessed, not to mention potentially forfeiting the interest that had been accruing during all that time.

So, by cashing it out early, you may have forgone all the accumulated interest for not having used that money for awhile, plus have to pay handling fees, etc., so you've spent all that time doing worse than putting the money under your bed.

Hope this makes sense.

18 hours ago, Min86 said:

she was looking so miserable and the dolt was only a couple of days at her place.

Yes, she looked really lonely and miserable. Poor HJun! They had better hurry up and get married so that they can live together so that HJun isn't lonely and YJ has a home where he isn't getting pushed out by his niece!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 6/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I used to think that Mirae’s mother is cool. That both of them have such close relationship, which I honestly am envious because I certainly don’t have half of their closeness with my own mother. But lately, she has become the character I dislike the most in the story. Especially from the preview, how she assessed Hyun Jae when her husband asked. I don’t really know how to describe it, but I feel that she is not genuine enough. I almost want to use the word hypocrite to describe her but am holding back for now.

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm happy to call MR's mother a hypocrite. Also, I'm getting tired of her poor little me thing. Mostly because I feel as if she brought it all on herself, and now she doesn't want to do it any more, but she also doesn't want to deal with breaking expectations and her family's reaction to her abnormal behavior.

If she had been true about herself and accepted herself, she might not have had these issues. Even the whole orphan thing, it's an issue because she herself is an orphan. :P

I would also gladly call her a hypocrite. She has been playing this facade she has and has desperately mantained that in fornt of her family and now she's been confronted by things which threaten that at every turn, and instead of facing her past and the truth, she has resorted to quiet manipulation and angry outbursts. 

I can't wait for her facade to break. 

• Like 3

tumblr-545637d72e8a58ab99fee7b1adc0bee4-

hai everyone. yeah episode 17 until 19, well make us giggle to death. Mirae ❤️ Hyun Jae had this amazing and perfect chemistry, I feel in love with them and it felt like a fairytale love story. Yoon Jae ❤️ Hae Joon is freaking funny yet we know that their story is close to reality. Yu Na ❤️ Soo Jae are the cutest, the immature kind of love yet it's true and real. alright. can't get over with this 3 couples very solid state in their relationship and I'm always looking forward every weekend waiting for the new episodes. Yoon Jae's girlfriend is the hot topic of the family now. he wasn't in a relationship for a long time, so everyone is very curious to know who this mysterious girlfriend of Yoon Jae might be. totally worth watching. in my view, love isn't about happiness. it's about understanding and inspiration whereby not just about love and views in marriage but about family. I believe it's not just all three lovely couples narrative role somehow need to establish how deep the connection is between love and happiness their joint appearance at the end of every romantic story. I've to catch up on more 5 episodes until episode 25. I'm sure I won't regret it. what I can say to those who wants to watch it don't watch it with any expectations, just enjoy it as it unfolds and you

won't be disappointed. hwaiting..

:heart:

tumblr-b12b158a97a088d5824cedeace2cdbdb-

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@Min86 , attractive and supportive siblings. That's sweet.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:05 AM, twink_twink_ said:

in my view, love isn't about happiness. it's about understanding and inspiration whereby not just about love and views in marriage but about family.

Hi @twink_twink_, glad you're joining us here on the thread!

I tend to think that love is about happiness, but agree with the rest of your statement that it's about more than just the happiness of the couple. It's about their relationship, but also their relationships with their families and families-in-law as well.

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Min86 , attractive and supportive siblings. That's sweet.

Hi @twink_twink_, glad you're joining us here on the thread!

I tend to think that love is about happiness, but agree with the rest of your statement that it's about more than just the happiness of the couple. It's about their relationship, but also their relationships with their families and families-in-law as well.

hai @stroppyse .., thank you for welcoming me . :smile: chingu, you're right. I was just going to say that. :heart:  being connected and considerate to those dear to them. 😍

tumblr-7aeb23f6aa4c0cb9a757e34b60fc866d-

• Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Written Preview:

수재는 갑자기 출동한 경찰들에게 붙잡혀 결국 경찰서로 연행되고. 민호는 수재가 경찰서에 있다는 연락을 받게 되는데..

Su-jae is caught by the sudden police and is eventually taken to the police station. Minho receives a call that Soojae is at the police station...

I'm so tired of SooJae feeling so sorry for himself...he needs to wake up instead of doing the whole pity party. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Some spoilers for tonight...
As far as we can see  Hyun Jae is going to have a hard time with MiRae's mum. Rolling my eyes because the mum already has this unwarranted prejudice against him that stems from her own insecurities.

In this cut , she was being very passive aggressive. Asked him what he first thought of MR when he met her. He was being honest that he didn't think too much of it as she was his client. She felt MR fell for him too fast and so on. She made the whole meeting so uncomfortable , even MR commented to her mum later that it was like she conducting an interview. And she turned down his offer for dinner. This is gonna  be tough for HyunMi going forward

Spoiler

Okay some happier cuts for Dolt couple...Hae Jun misses YJ. YJ having a meal with grandad and picked up her call. Later grandad I believe wants to meet her

Spoiler

Sweet ! Yoon Jae goes to her office...he's so impressed by her success. And we have a nice  hug. Love a man who isn't intimidated by a successful woman!

hahahaah Hae Jun is so nervous meeting grandad. Made me laugh 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Here's the preview:

Did HaeJun just casually asked if they should marry? @stroppyse

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

As far as we can see  Hyun Jae is going to have a hard time with MiRae's mum. Rolling my eyes because the mum already has this unwarranted prejudice against him that stems from her own insecurities.

It seems like he will have a fight on his hands....MiRae's mom already judged him and not so favorably.

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sweet ! Yoon Jae goes to her office...he's so impressed by her success. And we have a nice  hug. Love a man who isn't intimidated by a successful woman!

These two, are again...the highlight for me! He's so thoughtful and she's so happy and touched by his actions and comments! Their hug was so cute!

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hae Jun is so nervous meeting grandad. Made me laugh 

It wouldn't be HaeJun if there wasn't a disaster there to make us laugh! She's almost trembling out of nervousness!

So...any takers thinking these two will tie the knot in the next couple of episodes? 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
9 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Did HaeJun just casually asked if they should marry? @stroppyse

My korean is limited...but yes she did.

Waiting for @stroppyse to translate the preview if she can. Looks like Hyun Jae goes visit MR's grandmother...hmmm does he find out abit more about MR's mother's adoption history or something?

But Yoon Jae's shares/ stock prices are falling ...he should seriously just focus on his day job :laugh:

27 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I'm so tired of SooJae feeling so sorry for himself...he needs to wake up instead of doing the whole pity party. 

IKR....he tried to kill himself to solve his problem instead of looking for a solution. 

Cut of mum telling Yuna she doesn't want to see her ever.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

My korean is limited...but yes she did.

:wow:Always direct...

I just hope YoonJae will be honest with her instead of doing something stupid like telling her he does not know if they should marry!

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR....he tried to kill himself to solve his problem instead of looking for a solution. 

Tbh, I wanted to punch him...he's making it harder for himself and YooNa!

his mother already is meddling and it will get worse!

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Looks like Hyun Jae goes visit MR's grandmother...hmmm does he find out abit more about MR's mother's adoption history or something?

That's what I thought too...it would be just what he needs to have his MiL hate him more lol!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Translation of the preview

Man on Phone: Are you perhaps Lee Seo Jae’s father?
Father: Yes, I am Lee Soo Jae’s father.

Mother: What is the big deal with getting scammed that you think of doing something like this?!
SJ: I wanted to die.

HJun: In situations like this, there can be a lot of competitiveness (about who earns more) that makes things difficult. However, we don’t have to worry about anything like that.

SR: Even though he earns so little, he can’t break the habit of going to the convenience store!
YJ: And, it’s not that since he’s a guy, you think he should be the one who earns more?
SR: I’m going to record this. Go play this for Lawyer Shim. I bet she would love to hear this!

HJun: Do you want to get married?

HJ: Maybe your mother wasn’t that taken with me, but your grandfather is definitely going to completely fall for me.

MR Grandmother: I also want to have a child like you.

MR Mother: Did you tell him that she has dementia?
MR: Yes
MR Mother: She might say something strange.

HJ: Your mother. You said that she was an only child, right?

I agree that I really like HJun's directness!

That's so sweet how nervous HJun is in front of the Grandfather! Especially, since HJun is the successful career woman who is actually HJ's boss even!

As always, love the scenes of YJ and HJun! Their romance feels really grounded and yet fun and exciting as well without games and pettiness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1