It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

On 5/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, Tofu said:

Wait...did I miss something, are they getting a new writer for this drama? I saw a few of you referencing it. 

I thought I had read something about them bringing in some new writers to this drama, but I can't find the article, so now I'm not sure where I read it.

The original credited writer Ha Myung Hee wrote mostly mini-dramas, and this is her first long episode count one. Of her mini's, they were a bit of a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed 'Doctors' with Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye and 'One Warm Word' with Ji Jin Hee was interesting in that it asks whether an emotional affair (versus sexual) was just as big a betrayal. Her most recent drama was 'Record of Youth' with Park Bo Gum, and I really didn't like the pacing or the triteness of it, even though I desperately wanted to like it.

So, given that this is a much longer drama form which requires even more story and plotlines, I think there was some thought of new or additional writers to try to improve the ratings. Given what's happened in this drama thus far, and that I've really only liked 2 of the plotlines (YJ-HJun and the grandparents yoga), I was hoping that they would figure out a way to improve the writing and the story.

7 hours ago, Min86 said:

Ah, it seems the actress who played Yoon Jae's blind date is now part of the support cast...maybe she will appear again? 

Ugh. All these random woman for YJ and HJ seem to be time filler really, plus, they can only serve to make HJun and MR look insecure and foolish while the guys get to be consistent and true to the women that they like.

I just hope that it doesn't mess up the YJ-HJun dynamic which I'm having such fun watching.

7 hours ago, Min86 said:

It seems though that the mother kind of told SJ to step back from his wedding plans. He was worried about losing the race but his mom told him to concentrate on YN  bc she would not be happy if he's only in for the apartment. Maybe  she will stop being so biased? 

I don't think the mother will stop being biased. She's pretty much admitted that she wants SJ to get the apartment because he is the least capable of her sons and therefor the one she worries about the most as to how he will do in the future. However, at least her heart is in the right place for telling SJ to focus on YN rather than on the apartment. The mother tried to reassure SJ that neither YJ nor HJ are anywhere near to getting married, so that SJ doesn't have to rush.

It's going to be interesting as YJ has started realizing that perhaps HJun as a successful woman in her own right who is attractive and smart is actually a very good catch. while he himself, living with his parents still and with a lot of debts may not be such a catch after all.

As for HJ, I think I'm okay with just seeing more shots of him sweaty and working out. :pandapopcorn:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, given that this is a much longer drama form which requires even more story and plotlines, I think there was some thought of new or additional writers to try to improve the ratings.

Tbh, I think they might need to do that. I love the stress free drama but some eps tend to feel long, and like not much happened. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ugh. All these random woman for YJ and HJ seem to be time filler really, plus, they can only serve to make HJun and MR look insecure and foolish while the guys get to be consistent and true to the women that they like.

I don't think I would mind too much if it's only to get the guys to stop being so laid back, but I hope they will come out with more ideas, bc if it's always going to be another woman who gets them movtng, then that'd be absurd. 

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I just hope that it doesn't mess up the YJ-HJun dynamic which I'm having such fun watching

Oh, I hope the same. Now that they will be officially dating, I hope they don't lose that dynamic bc that is mainly why I keep watching this drama!

The mother tried to reassure SJ that neither YJ nor HJ are anywhere near to getting married, so that SJ doesn't have to rush.

Well, let's see how that changes if/when the older brothers bring their girlfriends home. Who do you think will be the first? I'd rather we have a double date with HyunMi and JaeHae before they meet the rest of the family. I can't help but imagine it would be hilarious.

It's going to be interesting as YJ has started realizing that perhaps HJun as a successful woman in her own right who is attractive and smart is actually a very good catch. while he himself, living with his parents still and with a lot of debts may not be such a catch after all.

Hopefully they will go to her apartment and talk about their insecurites. Bc both of them, for different reasons are a little hesitant at the moment. Though, if after that they decide to go on...well, I won't say no :MewGiggle:

• Like 3

I just caught eps 17 . Yoon Jae - ah ...he is so clueless but so adorable!  I laugh my head off when he told his dad and haroboji about how his casual date is so in love with him, and yet he doesn't realise why she's been so mad at him. Thankfully eps 18 is coming up and I am glad he will be getting his act together. I can't wait for Hyun Jae to find out the two are dating. He will be so shocked.

Strangely, I like the way things are going for Hyun Jae & Mi Rae. I am glad she told him how she felt. After watching with subs , I will cut her some slack about being so insecure. Her past "marriage" has scarred her quite a bit and I can understand that she is worried about getting hurt again. Also I like that this episode brought up the best in Hyun Jae. Though he realised much later his feelings for MR, he is the sort of person that isn't wishy washy once he has decided on something. I thought it so sweet how he tried to bridge the gap between him and MR.

Soo Jae and Hyun A - the only reason I am still paying attention is because of how mum loves HyunA. It seems like this arc will be dragged further. I was hoping HA would come clean but SJ appearing at the right moment meant that she couldn't tell the mother the actual situation. 

So far I am enjoying this series. Of course there are some parts I do FF  like MR's mother & maternal grandma scenes or even haroboji's sister's family scenes (they annoy me) . Overall I do like how things are progressing. Relative to other  long dramas,  things here do get addressed or dealt with quickly.  But maybe this is the issue - generally family weekend dramas draw the crowd because it is full of conflict ( like having multiple amnesias :laugh:). Perhaps plot wise this is quite "flat" but it is stress free and  that  is the charm for me. This show is like a happy pill .  I laugh my head off in a number of scenes - Dolt couple, the yoga trio, Hyun Jae-Hae Joon banter. And the lead actors are all pretty good acting wise and how can I complain when YSY gives the best fan service!

Spoiler

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yay! I am finally up to date.

Everything that lead up to Dolt Couple's kiss was just hilarious. Shin Dong Mi is the perfect casting for this role. Apart from Oh Min Suk being so charming and endearing as this clueless 40 year old man-child, its Hae Joon's internal thoughts as she swings between swooning at Yoon Jae to cursing him for being insensitive that makes this pairing so fun to watch. Now that the deal has been sealed with a kiss, I am curious how the rest of YJ's family will take this ! :laugh:

Hyun Jae has definitely become boyfriend of the year - he's just doing everything right to reassure Mi Rae and it is clear that she is feeling more confident about this relationship. I liked that she introduced him to her brother ( that was a cute scene) . However it seems that in the preview, Mum may not be so pleased with what MR tells her - which I am assuming is linked to HJ's father being adopted. 

Anyway , I look forward to the weekend. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

39 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay! I am finally up to date.

Everything that lead up to Dolt Couple's kiss was just hilarious. Shin Dong Mi is the perfect casting for this role. Apart from Oh Min Suk being so charming and endearing as this clueless 40 year old man-child, its Hae Joon's internal thoughts as she swings between swooning at Yoon Jae to cursing him for being insensitive that makes this pairing so fun to watch. Now that the deal has been sealed with a kiss, I am curious how the rest of YJ's family will take this ! 

Lol! That's why I love them so much...HaeJun swooning 1 min and raging the next, he being clueless but now also kind of determined to learn about her.... I wonder how they're going to go about telling ppl they're a couple. 

Can't wait for HaeJun to find out about HyunMi and Hyun Jae finding about Yoon Jae and her. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 6/2/2022 at 3:17 AM, Min86 said:

Well, let's see how that changes if/when the older brothers bring their girlfriends home. Who do you think will be the first? I'd rather we have a double date with HyunMi and JaeHae before they meet the rest of the family. I can't help but imagine it would be hilarious.

Ohmygosh! That double date would be hilarious! And, possibly disastrous as well. :lmao2:

On 6/2/2022 at 3:17 AM, Min86 said:

Hopefully they will go to her apartment and talk about their insecurites. Bc both of them, for different reasons are a little hesitant at the moment. Though, if after that they decide to go on...well, I won't say no :MewGiggle:

Right with you! I'm curious as to what comes next for them. They clearly have to get comfortable with their relationship first before they'll be willing to reveal it to anyone.

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Apart from Oh Min Suk being so charming and endearing as this clueless 40 year old man-child, its Hae Joon's internal thoughts as she swings between swooning at Yoon Jae to cursing him for being insensitive that makes this pairing so fun to watch.

That "man-child" comment is so on, and yes, HJun's admissions of how much she likes him and yet her irritation at him are pretty funny as well as YJ's clueless assumptions.

It does remind me a bit however of the saying that guys usually expect nothing to change in their relationships while women are looking for things to change and develop. I think this is far too much generalizing, but it is pretty funny how YJ keeps getting taken off-guard because HJun isn't "acting like her usual self" meaning mooning over him and letting him do whatever he wants.

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hyun Jae has definitely become boyfriend of the year - he's just doing everything right to reassure Mi Rae and it is clear that she is feeling more confident about this relationship. I liked that she introduced him to her brother ( that was a cute scene)

I thought the scene where HJ meet's MR's brother was cute, and I agree HJ is doing the right things. I just find their story line a bit flat still.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I feel like screaming!! UGH!!! We've waited the whole week and now it seems HaeJun and Yoon Jae will breal up over that tv lie... :cry:

This is the written preview for ep 20:

성묘를 마친 민호가족은 집으로 돌아오고. 경철, 경순과 함께 식사를 한다. 한편, 소라는 윤재의 연애상대가 윤재 또래의 환자였다는 소식을 접하게 되는데

And the translation I got: 

After the funeral, the Minho family returns home. I have dinner with Kyung-cheol and Kyung-soon. Meanwhile, So-ra learns that Yoon-jae's love affair was a patient the same age as Yoon-jae.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Min86 so the break-up will happen in tomorrow's episode?

I am gonna smack HJ for wrong timing...so you know after the kiss, YJ asked to go back to her house ..ahahahah...but HJ called saying he will bring fried shrimp over. So I guess no post kiss follow up for our Dolt couple :laugh:

Spoiler

1654344985946521.jpg

And our adorable YJ has been staying over often at his brother's so that he can see her every day ! 

But he did tell her that the writer came and apologise to him about thinking wrongly about him. Said someone tipped her wrongly. So YJ told Hae Jun that he will find out who that person is and punish that person. :psweatduck:

Spoiler

1654345038568605.jpg

ahahah I love these two...I think of the 3 brothers our YJ needs his own place the most

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

so the break-up will happen in tomorrow's episode?

I am gonna smack HJ for wrong timing...so you know after the kiss, YJ asked to go back to her house ..ahahahah...but HJ called saying he will bring fried shrimp over. So I guess no post kiss follow up for our Dolt couple

I don't know...I hope not, but since my understanding of korean is like none, I'll have to wait for the subs :D

And girl, I wanted to smack him too!!! UGH!!! I did feel like they should have talked or something...but, again...I'll have to wait for the subs.

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

our adorable YJ has been staying over often at his brother's so that he can see her every day ! 

But he did tell her that the writer came and apologise to him about thinking wrongly about him. Said someone tipped her wrongly. So YJ told Hae Jun that he will find out who that person is and punish that person.

He's so cute!! Now I hope she manages to tell him before Ms Sum does, but I am not holding my breath on that.

• Like 3

How sweet is our Hyun Jae...even makes her lunch

Spoiler

Lee Hyun-jae, who had to go to court, MR suggested that they don't meet during the week, but on the weekend.  Mi-rae, who said that it would be better to meet her after missing her, opened the elevator and shouted, “Come on, oppa.”

Mi-rae smiled at Lee Hyun-jae and said, "Don't laugh. I've been practicing a lot," she said awkwardly. Lee Hyun-jae, pulled her into the elevator, asked her to accompany him to the parking lot.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Mi-rae, who said that it would be better to meet her after missing her, opened the elevator and shouted, “Come on, oppa.”

Mi-rae smiled at Lee Hyun-jae and said, "Don't laugh. I've been practicing a lot," she said awkwardly. Lee Hyun-jae, pulled her into the elevator, asked her to accompany him to the parking lot.

That was very cute. 

Just a question...Is the actress who plays MiRae taller than him? I mean, sometimes it looks like it, not that it matters to me. Same with OMS and SDM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Just a question...Is the actress who plays MiRae taller than him? I mean, sometimes it looks like it, not that it matters to me. Same with OMS and SDM.

ahahah...seems like she is right...Noticed she always has to wear flats. 

This scene is so funny ...she was trying to make sure that writer doesn't get to talk to YJ 

Finally the family visits dad's biological parents' graves

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Translation of the ep 20 preview. @Min86

HJ: This Marriage Project, we're going to have to take it seriously.
YJ: Do you think that Soo Jae will let us do so?

SJ: Thank you
Man: When the contract was signed, it was someone else.
Other Man: He definitely wasn’t the one.

SJ: Why isn’t he answering his phone?

SR: If you heard who our dentist’s girlfriend was, you would be so shocked.

HJ: Hyung, are you dating Hae Jun noona?

YJ: Can you please tell me who told you that about me?

HJun: I’m sorry.
YJ: What is it that you thought you knew about me that you would do something like that?

MR: I think Lawyer Shim made a mistake. She’s beating herself up about it too much.

MR’s mother: Hyun Jae. I didn’t like him from the start. He’s an adoptee.

MH: If he had met his birth parents, he would have been able to be free from a lot of confusing things.

Hmmm, it looks as if HJ was adopted? And, so MR's mother is going to oppose him on those grounds?

• Shocked 3

This scene is so hilarious. I love it when HJ and YJ are in a scene together. A quick translation of this scene.

HJ: Who is that?
HJ: Aish.

YJ: Wow, it’s so heavy. Whoa.
HJ: I said you couldn’t, didn’t I?
YJ: I’m really just going to sleep and then leave. You really shouldn’t be like that. I’m your older brother!
HJ: I don’t want it! I said I don’t want it. Huh! You don’t think I know what you’re like? You’re going to make a mess and then not even clean up. Then who is supposed to clean that up? Huh?
YJ: I’ll clean up after myself. Hey, are you going to dislike it so vehemently like that? I’m going to get upset then.
HJ: Ugh. Have you had dinner?
YJ: Are you going to give me some?
HJ: Waah, really!
YJ: You’re the one who asked me if I had eaten dinner, so why are you making such a fuss? Hey, Lee Hyun Jae, this is why you’re not reasonable. You should just coldly chase me out then, but instead, you give me an opening. Since you asked me if I had eaten, I thought to myself, I’ve definitely done the right thing by coming here. Mom was afraid you would just kick me out, so she packed some kimchee for me to give you. Why? Because Mom knows. That you’re the kind of guy who could just kick me out.
YJ: So, do you have anything to eat?
HJ: Wow…

:lmao2:

• Haha 1

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse. The banter between the two brothers are the best! 

Am surprised that HJ is the adopted one - so am wondering what the angle or message is that the writer is going for having 3 adoptees in this show. And they are all somehow connected to the main pair. As it is MR's mum has so much complex about being adopted , and I bet that would be the reason why she would not want to accept HJ...

Oh dear here we go @Min86...Dolt couple crisis!

2022060601000326300020631.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for the translations @stroppyse. The banter between the two brothers are the best! 

Am surprised that HJ is the adopted one - so am wondering what the angle or message is that the writer is going for having 3 adoptees in this show. And they are all somehow connected to the main pair. As it is MR's mum has so much complex about being adopted , and I bet that would be the reason why she would not want to accept HJ...

Oh dear here we go @Min86...Dolt couple crisis!

I am also interested in how they’re going to handle the adoptions storylines. 

and it seems, this week we’re going to end up suffering with our JaeHae couple.. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How can one respond to this kind of comment, really? I am so tired of this person.

edit: Comment from a different forum in spoiler

Spoiler

Lawyer JAWS should be raked over the coals. They started their relationship on the LIE. Although I think he should be done with her, I don't think he will be. Based on the preview, he seems to think that she was misinformed about his character and that's why she said what she said. When in reality, she knew he wasn't like that and old Lawyer JAWS was upset that he wasn't giving her any play. Their entire relationship so far has been one-sided manipulated and if they want a healthy relationship, she's going to have to come clean. And I hope he takes the consideration but if she would go as far as lying about his character because he dissed her in the past, she is capable and likely will lie about many more important things when under stress and duress when things don't go her way. Even if this chick was pretty and didn't look like his mama, I do not approve of what she did and unlike others, just because the Chicken Jaws is financially stable does not mean Oppa should concede the higher ground because he is broke and in debt. She's almost 50 and behaving like a petulant child because she couldn't get her way at first and now only JAWS feels guilty not because she lied, but because she manipulated him into falling for her knowing that she manipulated the situation to begin with. Although this couple has NO chemistry and are crashing the ratings, I have to admit for now that he has fallen for her Jaws tail.

I don't find her behavior cute and I will never root for her. What she did was like I would see some boys do when I was in high school in the mid to late 90's which is spread malicious lies and rumors about a female's character making it seem like she's a RickRoll'D because their ego and pride got slashed and couldn't get their way because all she did was decline his advances regardless of how polite or aggressive they were. That is disgusting Behavior and even more so because Jaws is an attorney and she knows what it means to libel someone. And she also knows what it means to fight dirty to get the result she wants which makes her a dirty creature period unless she truly repents (truly sorry and turns away from her wicked ways) she should be old cat lady. No! Cats don't deserve this! She should be an old rat lady raising rats living in her apartment alone because her heart and mentality is of a rat fink right now so she should be among her own kind: rats!” 

I know it’s a long comment but tbh I’m kind of astounded by the hate to a character!! Like, wtf!? 

*thats a comment form another forum, I just wanted to ask for your opinions. So far I think most commentators just ignore these posts, but this person keeps just upping their hateful comments. 

Edited by stroppyse
comment from different forum has been put under a spoiler
  • Sad 2

@Min86 wow that person must really hate the actress or something. She just made one mistake and how does that make her a bad manipulative person.? Goodness. No one forced YJ to fall for her. In fact he suggested the casual dating and then realised his feelings. He likes her not because of her success but because she's a pretty spunky person. And she's fun and they can communicate honestly. 

I am waiting for this video...ahahahah HJ asking YJ about him dating Hae Jun! 

HJ thinks noona deserves better! :laugh: HJ found out from his cousin ( the nurse wife and cousin made the deduction)

p1065613697544957_793_thum.jpg

Edit : The video in spoiler

Spoiler

@Min86 so cute so cute....YJ is the best ...
See if @stroppyse can translate

He said they should drink tea and talk about their strange imaginations right ? ahahaah :hug:

• Like 2

So HJ told MR he was went to visit his grandparents' graves. She wondered why when his grandad was still alive - that's when he told her about his dad being adopted.

Later she told her mum about it but mum got upset and didn't want to know. Later mum told the dad and said that's why she didn't like the idea of MR dating HJ from the start. 
(think mum is being unreasonable here and letting her own inferiority complex get the better of her)

1654429306383414.jpg

Spoiler

Wahhh will HyunMi couple finally kiss since the other brothers have done so?
Preview eps 21