It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

@abs-oluteMI am :wow: :love::lmao2:

I was expecting to end up sad but now... I can't wait for the subs!!! My dorky ship is going strong!!! 

And about the commenter...yes...I think it's more personal at this point. Or that person has a crush on OMS and can't stand SDM for it hahahah.

No, seriously... today, that bridge scene...both of this actors have managed to portray so much with just the amount of subtlety needed. And also, the comic part of their characters...that last scene was HILARIOUS!

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Cute convo between HJ and YJ.

HJ: What are you doing over there?
YJ: Oh, I was just standing there.
HJ: I just heard something unbelievable, but… brother, are you dating Hae Jun noona?
YJ: Wh…? What? Who is saying that?
HJ: (bursting into laughter) Even you’re so taken aback by how unbelievable it is, that you’re even stuttering.
HJ: I mean, I was dumbfounded as well when I first heard that. Wow. I mean, how could anyone think to put you and Hae Jun noona together? From my point of view, in this whole world, you two are the most unlikely match. Oh, no, no.
YJ: It’s not that unlikely…  I guess Lawyer Shim is a little older than me.
HJ: Noona has to meet a better man than you.
YJ: What’s wrong with me?
HJ: Pff. You can only focus on one deficiency at a time. On top of that, you aren’t able to manage living on your own, you have bad luck, especially when it comes to investing. Huh? And, you’re so pointlessly stubborn. What else is there?
YJ: Hey, you’re my anti-fan, aren’t you? The one who is the closest to me and is the most vicious anti-fan.
HJ: And finally, noona does not like you. I can say that with the utmost confidence.
YJ: Hey! Hae- … Lawyer Shim, what did she say about me?
HJ: If you knew, it would just make you furious. So, that is all for today. (walks away laughing)
YJ: Make me furious? What? What?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

HJun confessing her actions to YJ

HJun: I have something to say.
YJ: Go ahead.
HJun: Oh, I don’t know. (hiding her eyes) The informant was me. (peeking when YJ stays quiet) I was wrong. I did it because I liked you. I wanted to be the only one to know you. And, I didn’t want to lose you to someone else.
YJ: I had been very curious. What is it that she thinks she knows about me that she would say such things? I wanted to talk to you about it, and that’s why I asked you out for a meal.
HJun: You already knew?
YJ: I wanted to know why you did that. I had known that you liked me. At first, it was hard to believe. What is it about me? Why did you like me so much? Then, I knew. That I’m a fantastic guy.
(YJ opens his arms and HJun walks in to be enfolded by him.)
YJ: You’re such a scaredy cat already, why even do such a thing.  (me: he means that she did something that she wouldn’t have wanted to face up to, so she shouldn't have)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Party! 1

HJ interrupts another potentially romantic moment for HJun and YJ

YJ: You’re really starting with a proper cup.
HJun: Stop teasing me.
YJ: What do you mean stop teasing you? I’m going to tease you forever.
HJun: Forever?
YJ: You’re imagining strange things.
HJun: Just to myself.
YJ: No, I’m having them as well.
HJun: Aren’t you going to drink your tea?
YJ: We can drink the tea later. Shall we discuss our “strange” imagined thoughts?
HJun: Sounds good.
YJ: What strange imagined thought should we start with first?
HJun: If we do this, I’m going to get some sexy thoughts.

(doorbell rings)

YJ: Who is that at this time of night?
HJun: I don’t know. Who could it be?
(goes to the doorb)
HJun: It’s Hyun Jae!
YJ: Lee Hyun Jae?!
HJun: Hyun Jae! What? What do we do?! What do we do?!
YJ: Oh. What?
HJun: Room! Room! Room!
HJun: Not there. Over there.
YJ: Oh, the bedroom.
HJun: Your shoes! Shoes! Shoes!
YJ: My shoes! Shoes! Hurry! Shoes!
HJun: Shoes!

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1

Translation of Preview to ep 21

HJun: You’re making a phone call?
HJ: To Yoon Jae.
HJ: I hear some noise from over there.

HJ: You know my brother, right? Could he eat with us?
HJun: With us?
HJ: You don’t want to? But you already know him.  (me: meaning that YJ wasn't a stranger so they could all be comfortable together)

JH: You should all share this.
JH: I’ll help you in becoming a patissiere as much as I can.
HA: Why? Why are you helping me?

SJ: You must be a new client.
Man: No, I’m the owner.
SJ: Owner?

JH: Why are you speechless? I said I like you.

SJ: Why are you talking about the vice-president (meaning JH) all of sudden? Do you eat all bread that is offered to you?

MR’s father: Mi Rae has realized that you don’t like the man that she’s dating.
MR’s mother: I can’t deliberately pretend to like him.

YJ: Hey, when you go on a date with your girlfriend, where do you go?

MR: I said I was going to see you fall asleep before I go.
HJ: That means that if I don’t fall asleep, you can’t go.

It's actually nice that the three brothers' relationships are proceeding at different paces. I'm curious to see how the love triangle with SJ, YA, and JH progress. If SJ finally realizes that he's been scammed, that may actually dent his self confidence to a level where he breaks up with YA, especially after finding out that JH is interested in her. If the scam is going to be revealed, it's actually good that it happened before SJ was able to get his hands on the apartment, even if it means that he will lose all the money that he had.

Hoping that we'll get to see YJ and HJun having more fun and maybe some uninterrupted time together. Though, it looks as if MR and HJ may be the ones to get some intimate scenes. Then again, previews can be so misleading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1
12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, previews can be so misleading.

Agreed! It's probably a dream. :laugh:

The conversation between HJ and YJ is so funny. I'm really curious to see how HJ is going to react when he finds out that YJ is really dating HJun. LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

The conversation between HJ and YJ is so funny. I'm really curious to see how HJ is going to react when he finds out that YJ is really dating HJun. LOL! 

I thought it was hilarious how taken aback YJ is that HJ thinks HJun needs a much better man!

From the preview anyway, it seems that it may remain a secret for a little longer. I am curious to see HJ's reactions though. I think that once HJ gets over his shock and realizes that it's what HJun really wants that he'll become supportive.

I'm more concerned about MR's mother's dislike of HJ. It's because she has a chip on her shoulder about being adopted, and it's unfair that she's not able to judge HJ on his own self. By any measure, HJ as a successful lawyer who is thoughtful, moderate, caring and loves her daughter makes him excellent son-in-law candidate if only she wasn't so worried about her own background coming to light.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I thought it was hilarious how taken aback YJ is that HJ thinks HJun needs a much better man!

It will still be a shock to find that he's the man he keeps badmouthing and that he's the man she wants. And boy, she's smitten with him  :D 

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm more concerned about MR's mother's dislike of HJ. It's because she has a chip on her shoulder about being adopted, and it's unfair that she's not able to judge HJ on his own self. By any measure, HJ as a successful lawyer who is thoughtful, moderate, caring and loves her daughter makes him excellent son-in-law candidate if only she wasn't so worried about her own background coming to light.

That woman is like a time bomb. She will explode and it will be huge. Tbh I put a lot of the blame on her husband. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Min86 said:

It will still be a shock to find that he's the man he keeps badmouthing and that he's the man she wants. And boy, she's smitten with him  :D 

:duckhearts:

50 minutes ago, Min86 said:

That woman is like a time bomb. She will explode and it will be huge. Tbh I put a lot of the blame on her husband. 

Agreed that she is a time bomb.

I'm not sure that I particularly blame her husband though. A lot of it is probably just societal pressures. I mean, her parents chose to hide that they had adopted her, and then she kept the secret as well from almost everyone including from her MIL. I assume that the husband knows as well.

He could have helped her more, it's true, but at the end of the day, she was the one who chose to keep it a secret as well, with her own mother's complicity.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure that I particularly blame her husband though. A lot of it is probably just societal pressures. I mean, her parents chose to hide that they had adopted her, and then she kept the secret as well from almost everyone including from her MIL. I assume that the husband knows as well.

He could have helped her more, it's true, but at the end of the day, she was the one who chose to keep it a secret as well, with her own mother's complicity.

Well, i would have to go and rewatch some, bc I think he's the one that told her to hide that from his mother. Otherwise it'd be difficult for her to accept them. That's why I wrote that I put some of the blame on him.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

YJ: I had been very curious. What is it that she thinks she knows about me that she would say such things? I wanted to talk to you about it, and that’s why I asked you out for a meal.

Does that mean that he knew back then? Like on ep 8 or something?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Min86 said:

Well, i would have to go and rewatch some, bc I think he's the one that told her to hide that from his mother. Otherwise it'd be difficult for her to accept them. That's why I wrote that I put some of the blame on him.

You're probably right. I was more thinking of the conversation that she had with her own mother, and how her mother was telling her that she was afraid that she might reveal it in her dementia. There was some implication there that they had not told anyone else either, and not just the MIL.

6 hours ago, Min86 said:

Does that mean that he knew back then? Like on ep 8 or something?

Apparently, he knew all along if he's saying that he asked her out because he wanted to talk to her about it. If so, I was wondering how he had known.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

There was some implication there that they had not told anyone else either, and not just the MIL

I think nobody in the family knows. Only the husband.

Apparently, he knew all along if he's saying that he asked her out because he wanted to talk to her about it. If so, I was wondering how he had known.

There was a flashback, he went, back then and asked Ms. Sum. I imagine, he invited Hae Jun to dinner, got drunk and later realized how much she cared for him. 

Still, it was a great, welcoming surprise. 

I also loved this scene between MiRae and Hae Jun. Seriously, I want a double date!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The grandfather is so lovely, I love his relationship with the son and also with his daughter in law. The actor is so good, he also make me so sad in Lost drama. 

I wonder how and when he will find out about his daughter. He really deserves time with her...though it seems like she has a lot of resentment towards her family. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The grandfather is so lovely, I love his relationship with the son and also with his daughter in law. The actor is so good, he also make me so sad in Lost drama. 

Yes, he is an excellent character here. Or perhaps it's because I've recently watched him do these lovely roles. I felt he was a similar caring father and grandfather in 'Navillera' as well.

My mother is also watching this drama, and she says that the grandfather and Hae Jun are her favorite characters.

3 hours ago, Min86 said:

I wonder how and when he will find out about his daughter. He really deserves time with her...though it seems like she has a lot of resentment towards her family. 

They keep teasing bits, but there has been no progress on it at all. I feel as if she feels that she was abandoned, so when she finds out the truth, she will be able to accept him. Since this is a KBS family drama, I'm confident that everyone will have a happy ending. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

My mother is also watching this drama, and she says that the grandfather and Hae Jun are her favorite characters.

I will add Yoon Jae to that list but I agree. I really can't understand the hate for her. 

They keep teasing bits, but there has been no progress on it at all. I feel as if she feels that she was abandoned, so when she finds out the truth, she will be able to accept him.

I wonder just when that's going to come out. Probably by the time MiRae and Hyun Jae start talking about marriage? 

Another thing, do you guys think Soo Jae will go to his brothers for help now with the scam? Or is he going to try and oppose their plan to cancel the marriage race?

• Like 3

I replayed the "sinbal-sinbal" scene countless times while giggling non-stop :laugh: The way they bumped into each other and fall to the ground was really well executed! 

Poor Yoon Jae... had to endure so many bad timings just to get a little bit sexy time with Hae Jun. His annoyed but helpless face is just so adorable.

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I replayed the "sinbal-sinbal" scene countless times while giggling non-stop :laugh: The way they bumped into each other and fall to the ground was really well executed! 

They way they fell was perfect :lmao2: 

But those two really want to be doing something else...but Hyun Jae keeps interrupting them...at this rate my hope of maybe seeing Hae Jun pregnant (bc I can't wait to see her crazier than usual and YJ running aroung trying to please her) will not happen!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Min86 said:

But those two really want to be doing something else...but Hyun Jae keeps interrupting them...at this rate my hope of maybe seeing Hae Jun pregnant (bc I can't wait to see her crazier than usual and YJ running aroung trying to please her) will not happen!

Yes, leave it to HJ to keep interrupting them!

Then again, they could just fess up to their relationship, deal with the teasing that they will both get, and then they wouldn't have to run and hide. :lmao2:

Not sure when a pregnancy will happen much less any sexy time until they open up about their relationship. After all, HJ lives in the same building as HJun and has decided that he has to make more of an effort with HJun in terms of looking after her.

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Seems like the cousin will finally get to act and play a thug (I think) in the upcoming drama, Insider. Hahahahaha!

I thought the scene where MR asks HJ why he speaks informally to the cousin when the cousin looks to be older than HJ was hilarious. In RL, I think both YSY and CS are born in the same year 1986 which makes them the same age the way Koreans figure it.

The cousin is being played as a sweet teddy bear, but he could easily play a thug.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Then again, they could just fess up to their relationship, deal with the teasing that they will both get, and then they wouldn't have to run and hide.

Not sure why they haven't  yet though. 

After all, HJ lives in the same building as HJun and has decided that he has to make more of an effort with HJun in terms of looking after her.

They don't live in the same buoding though. They live close by, Yoon Jae said it took him 10 mins to walk from Hyun Jae's place to that bridge where they met. 

The cousin is being played as a sweet teddy bear, but he could easily play a thug.

lol. He totally could! 

• Like 3

really love this wholesome family drama, even if it's a little slow.

Yoon Jae and Hae Jun are still my fav couple. Loved to see Yoon Jae invade Hyun Jae's apartment just to be able to see her more often. He really is all in now, isn't he?

And her feeling guilty, embarrassed and then despairing how the dolt would not want to see her again was done very good. I also loved her monologue at the office, having Mr choi catch her was hilarious!

The ending scene at the bridge, with her feeling anxious and scared and him being calm and reassuring and later welcoming was imo perfect. Now they can finally start with both of them confident in the other's feelings and both of them committed to their relationship.

Our main couple is very sweet and I liked how open they are communicating. The "oppa" moment at the elevator had me wishing for a kiss :D 

Now, why do I think that it's a little annoying how MiRae is telling every little Hyun Jae secret to her mom. I mean, I get they are close...but that's a little too much imo. Especially bc it's not her secret to tell. 

The Soo Jae and YuNa arc is not that appealing to me rn. She's cute, but that's it. And I can't stand him at the moment. Maybe if we see him grow some, but seeing him worried about possibly being scammed only made me think... Well, that's what you're doing to your family!!!

I missed our granparent trio hanging up in ep 20. That's the only way I enjoy the aunt and MiRae's grandma scenes. 

Soo Jung and her husband are trying to portray a marriage without issues and I can't wait for it to explode. Maybe then, they will adress their issues.

The other three relationships I'm enjoying immensely are between Hyun Jae- Hae Jun, Hyun Jae-Yoon Jae and Hae Jun-MiRae.  All of those are funny and warm and I can't wait to see the four of them go on a double date.

Oh, and granpa and MinHo. Love those two.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just finished subbed eps 19 ...I told myself that even if they mess up the storylines & the romances ( we still got 30 more episodes :psweatduck:),  I will stay on for these two brothers. I laughed my head off when Hyun Jae started dusting his flowers ...

FU44bLmaIAACcX9?format=jpg&name=medium

and there's Yoon Jae who can't tie his own tie 

FU44go4acAAxe_y?format=jpg&name=large

Agree with you @stroppyse ...MR's mother's prejudice against Hyun Jae even before she's met him is quite concerning. Of late the mother is just not herself as noted by her MIL and the rest of the family. I am sure that will be the stumbling block for HyunMi couple. 

I know what you mean @Min86. As close as I am to my mum, I cannot imagine myself telling every single thing to my mother. What I see is that MR lives for her mother's validation or approval. So I wonder how strong she will and how she'll be willing to stand up for the relationship if her mother outright disapproves of them. 

By the way , another quick way to post images here is to upload them on Twitter. Then copy the image address of the picture and paste here. I do that a lot. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring