It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

10 hours ago, Min86 said:

Can someone pls help with the translation of the written preview? The google translate app is not really giving me a helpful translation :idk:

23회 미리보기 

수업을 안고 넘어진 윤재는 엎드려서, 수업은 상해와 응대를 받고 있습니다.
미래는 현재 현재를 구성하고 있습니다. 수정은 미래가 집에 들어오지 않아...

A translation of the written preview

Yoon Jae who has fallen over while embracing a lesson, is receiving that lesson with pain and as an answer.
Mi Rae is becoming Hyun Jae’s reality. Soo Jung since Mi Rae hasn’t come home…

Some thoughts. It seems as if YJ is going to learn a hard lesson. And, perhaps MR and HJ will take their relationship to the next level.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

While waiting for this weekend, I was led to re-watch some episodes of 'Beautiful Love, Wonderful Live' and watch Oh Min Seok as Do Jin Woo. There are some similarities between Yoon Jae and Do Jin Woo, aside from the fact that they have the same face. :lmao2:

They both have a certain dry humor to their characters which mask thoughtful sensitive sides. In 'BLWL', Do Jin Woo was ultimately capable of raising tears and sympathy from viewers as he slowly showed the depths of his loneliness and his love for his wife, despite starting the drama as self-centered jerk who was unfaithful to his wife. He showed us growth as a person and in his relationships, not just with his beloved ex-wife, but also with her family and his own family.

I'm hoping that YJ won't have to show us as much sadness and loneliness as DJW did. After all, YJ grew up with a family who loved him, including both parents and a grandfather. He never worried about being abandoned or not having to abandon someone. However, the humor and the flashes of vulnerability that YJ shows definitely bring Do Jin Woo to mind for me.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

A translation of the written preview

Yoon Jae who has fallen over while embracing a lesson, is receiving that lesson with pain and as an answer.
Mi Rae is becoming Hyun Jae’s reality. Soo Jung since Mi Rae hasn’t come home…

Some thoughts. It seems as if YJ is going to learn a hard lesson. And, perhaps MR and HJ will take their relationship to the next level.

I am all ready to see more progress between MiRae and Hyun Jae!! 

now I wonder what could possibly be the he’d lesson for Yoon Jae? 

Fo you guys know if in Korea, they are doing the “Drop to one knee and propose with a ring”? Or is it still more about meeting the families? 
I mean, The Lee elders were talking about that in order to have the wedding for Soo Jae and Yoo Na. Also, MiRae’s parents and Hyun Jaes would have to meet.  How would Yoon Jae go about it? (Though since it’s them , they’d probably do the unexpected and embarrassing 😳)

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Min86 said:

Fo you guys know if in Korea, they are doing the “Drop to one knee and propose with a ring”? Or is it still more about meeting the families? 

So, the drop to the knee and propose is one way of actually proposing to the partner. If not the drop to the knee, proposing as part of some kind of event is also popular. That's what led to those scenes of car trunks full of balloons or the ring being placed in the dessert in some of the other dramas.

The families meeting, however, is another part of the process of getting married separate from the proposal. It's frequently done after the partners have agreed to get married, if the families have not already met more casually. It's a chance for the families, usually parents, the prospective marriage partners, and possibly older siblings to meet and discuss some parameters for the wedding, including how soon the wedding should be, how many guests, who will be paying for what, etc.

In modern South Korea, this is another tradition that isn't always followed, especially as couples insist on organizing and paying for their weddings themselves. However, there is the saying in Korea that you're not just marrying your partner, you're marrying each other's families as well, so it's strongly preferred for in-laws to meet prior to the marriage, even if they do not discuss wedding details.

Sometimes, couples choose to forgo the ceremony itself and just become married by registering their marriage legally. In this case, they are probably sidestepping all of the ceremonial aspects of the wedding.

5 hours ago, Min86 said:

I mean, The Lee elders were talking about that in order to have the wedding for Soo Jae and Yoo Na. Also, MiRae’s parents and Hyun Jaes would have to meet.  How would Yoon Jae go about it? (Though since it’s them , they’d probably do the unexpected and embarrassing 😳)

Yes, in this drama, initially, SJ and YN were going to get married without the family meeting because YN's parents are supposedly against her getting married. However, SJ's family was going to allow SJ and YN to get married anyway, though the father and grandfather are perturbed by not having the family marriage meeting, because SJ's mother is so taken with YN and willing to overlook this tradition. Since that initial enthusiasm, of course, SJ's family wants to take the whole wedding more slowly, especially to give YN's family time to "come around" to accepting the marriage.

MR's family and HJ's family would definitely have to meet in order for them to get married.

Do we know anything about HJun's family? I can't remember there being any mention of her parents. YJ"s and HJun's parents would probably still meet before proceeding to have a wedding ceremony. At least, YJ's family would definitely want to meet HJun's family.

I agree with you that the meeting would probably be unexpected and embarrassing, but probably also endearing.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Thank you @stroppysefor the explanation :) 

I do hope we get to see at least some of those traditions in this drama. 

MiRae and Hyun Jae will probably the ones with the most traditional approach, though things will go off the rails when the secrets start coming out.

tbh, I am waiting for YN's mom to make an appearance and maybe Hae Jun's brother? I think she said she only has an older brother, her parents are dead.

Edited by Min86
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Min86 said:

MiRae and Hyun Jae will probably the ones with the most traditional approach, though things will go off the rails when the secrets start coming out.

Agree that this will probably be the most traditional of the couples.

7 hours ago, Min86 said:

tbh, I am waiting for YN's mom to make an appearance and maybe Hae Jun's brother? I think she said she only has an older brother, her parents are dead.

Thanks for mentioning HJun's brother and parents. I didn't remember that part.

As for YN's mom, we haven't seen her yet, but we did hear her on the phone with YN in an early episode, scolding her for not supporting her younger brother, I think. Anyway, YN's mom seems like a bit of a nightmare, so it'll be interesting if she actually makes an appearance on the drama.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The one I am most hoping to see married is the Dolt Couple...ahh at the rate things are going maybe baby first :laugh:

Lol! I hope there’s a baby on the way soon I admit I’d love to see what chaos these two would bring if she’s pregnant 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The one I am most hoping to see married is the Dolt Couple...ahh at the rate things are going maybe baby first

2 hours ago, Min86 said:

Lol! I hope there’s a baby on the way soon I admit I’d love to see what chaos these two would bring if she’s pregnant

Ohmygosh! I can't even! That would just be hilarious. Though if there was a baby on the way, would YJ's mother get over her dislike of HJun? At the least, I would think that she would given them permission to get married.

Given that they are the oldest couple, it would be good if they showed them being a couple and having to adjust to life together first rather than saving it for the very end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Given that they are the oldest couple, it would be good if they showed them being a couple and having to adjust to life together first rather than saving it for the very end.

Yes! That's also how I see it. I think their biggest issues would be to adjusting to live together, so let's hopw we see some of that.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531543wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-and-bae-da-bin-make-hearts-flutter-with-their-romantic-kiss-in-its-beautiful-now

Edited by Min86
  • Like 3

A translation of the ep 24 preview

SJ Mother: Really? Why did you do that? Why did you do that?! Really?!

SJ: You can curse me out, but don’t be blame Yu Na. She’s a victim as well! I said it’s all my fault!!

JH: Aren’t you going in?
HJ: After she finishes her ice cream, she’s be right in.
JH: I”ll go inside and let mom know.

HJ: Hello. I’m Lee Hyun Jae.
Mother: I’m Mi Rae’s mother.
HJ: Please speak informally to me, mother.

HJ: My brother. He didn’t sleep at your house, did he?

HJun: What in the world is happening at your house?
YJ: My youngest brother has caused some trouble.

SJ: I’ve been thinking this over. I didn’t imagine back then that I could even come to like you…

JH: Aren’t you coming?
YN: I’m coming.

SJ: but, I’ve come to love you. You’re a good person. You can’t be with a piece of trash like me.

SJ Mother: Oh! I can’t even.
SJ Father: Father!

SJ Mother: If something bad happens to him, what will we do?

So, I guess next episode will be about the fallout from the reveal of SJ and YN's lie. Btw, just because SJ says it's all his fault and not to blame YN doesn't mean that it's true. I'm still not that thrilled with YN since she agreed to go along with the deception in the first place, though I appreciate that she went to SJ's mother to tell her herself rather than just ghosting and letting SJ deal with it.

Also, the last bit of the preview makes me think that SJ has left home perhaps? Personally, if he hasn't gone to the military yet, I think he should just go and get his military service over first, then try something else again when he's back out. If YN likes him, she'll wait for him. Or not.

I'm hoping that the scenes involving YJ and/or HJ will be lighter since there is only so much crying and carrying on that I can bear to watch. Love the scenes between YJ and HJun as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you see this one @Min86

I absolutely loved that scene...I have no idea exactly what they were saying, besides YJ wanting to go home, but the whole scene was so cute and lovely! Still my favorite couple. 

Thank you for translating the preview @stroppyse!

I agree with you that SooJae is not the only one to blame. But you know, I give points to YooNa for coming up to his mom and telling her. Today, while I did feel sorry for SooJae's pain, I also thought that he has no one but himself to blame. He really went about this the worst way. 

19 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm hoping that the scenes involving YJ and/or HJ will be lighter since there is only so much crying and carrying on that I can bear to watch. Love the scenes between YJ and HJun as always.

I also hope their scenes will bring us laughter and light moments. Some craziness too. It seems like as of now, they are the only couple with no major issues. 

Oh, I just want to add....The Dolts with those couple armbands...so cute!!!

• Like 3

This was a cute scene between YJ and HJun.

YJ: Oh, my back. If you take me to work like this then go to work yourself, won’t you be late?
HJun: I’ll be a little late. It’s okay. Hyun Jae will take care of things. I’ve already let him know.
YJ: You really do get along well with Hyun Jae.
HJun: We get along really well. Hyun Jae is smart after all.
YJ: Don’t compliment him in front of me.
HJun: Is my “dolt” becoming jealous?
YJ: Jeez. It’s not jealousy. Just that, from now on, in front of me, only compliment me. Complimenting other people at all is forbidden.
HJun: Why is it…that when I hear you say such things… I feel good.
(phone rings)
HJun: You thought it was Hyun Jae, didn’t you?
HJun: (answering the phone) Hi Mi Rae-shi
MR: Ms Lawyer, I’ll come to your law firm later with the clothes that you will wear for tomorrow’s broadcast.
HJun: You, coming to the law firm, it’s not actually to see me but rather to see Hyun Jae, isn’t it?
MR: No. You know the situation I’m in.
HJun: I know. Anyway, we can talk later when we meet.
HJun: (hanging up) How can things get so entwined like this?
YJ: Wasn’t it because you two were so close that you introduced her to Hyun Jae?
HJun: That is true, but… Never mind. I can drop you off over there, right?
YJ: Yes. Over there.

YJ: Good morning.
SR: You’re here. Director. Since you’re traveling from Lawyer Lee’s place, you’re having to leave extra early, aren’t you? Did you take the subway here?
YJ: Yes
SR: Oh, did you hurt yourself somewhere?
YJ: I just tweaked my back a bit. It’s nothing much.
SR: Also… is there some training that you have to do that I don’t know about? (me: she means professional training since YJ had lied to everyone about why he has to stay at HJ instead of at home)
YJ: Ah…it’s something that the university alumni have put together.
SR: Ah. Then…how long are you going to stay at Lawyer Lee’s house?
YJ: Well…
SR: My Ha Neul is being a burden to you, so I’m really sorry. Any time you let me know, and I’ll move her back upstairs.
YJ: Ah, could you make an appointment for me with the oriental medicine therapist upstairs?
SR: Yes
YJ: Thank you

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I'm a bit sad to say that I still find MR to be rather boring. So, I've only provided translation for the last 45 sec of this clip which has the conversation between HJ and HJun which was really fun.

From 1:45

HJun: (bursting through the door) Hyun Jae, this!
HJ: Oh!
HJun: Sorry. Sorry. Mi Rae-shi, you haven’t left yet?
HJ: You can open your eyes. I was giving her a handkerchief. A handkerchief
HJun: If you give her your handkerchief, then you’re giving her your all.
HJ: Noona definitely knows me too well.
MR: I’ll get going now.
HJ: I’ll walk you to the elevator then.
HJun: I see! Now, you’re just going to date openly then, are you?
HJ: She’s my girlfriend, so of course, I have to walk her over.
HJun: (slapping the envelope onto HJ) We’re going to be having a meeting about this shortly. Just prepare yourself and do well. Bye Mi Rae-shi.
HJ: (to HJun) I always do well.  (to MR) Let’s go.

The whole giving a handkerchief recalls the words that HJ had told YJ about how when he gives his handkerchief, that's him giving his all, meaning HJ was giving YJ his handkerchief to use because he loves him though that's as far as he was going to go. So, it was another point that YJ and HJun really did know each other well.

Both this scene and the earlier car conversation between YJ and HJun seem to be pointing out that HJ and HJun have had a very special relationship which makes them more than friends and colleagues. They themselves have described it as being more like siblings, as well as admiring and respecting each other. However, that closeness translated into actions which could have been taken as signs of liking each other as more than just friends and siblings, and it now also creates a bit of confusion in terms of how they feel about each other. HJ and HJun don't have any interest in each other as man and woman, however, they are used to being each other's bff's and treating each other both casually and intimately. The thought that that relationship is no longer appropriate as they each now have partners is something that they are slowly starting to wake up. So, HJun is a bit jealous of HJ and MR, as is HJ of HJun and MR, though I expect it to resolve itself easily.  I appreciate that this drama puts that in perspective without making it a huge noisy fuss, or having HJ and/or HJun all of a sudden decide that maybe they are interested in each other.

The possessiveness that siblings may feel for each other can also be seen in other dramas as well. It's really a matter of having gotten comfortable with things being one way, and then having to learn to let it go for whatever the new paradigm may be.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Both this scene and the earlier car conversation between YJ and HJun seem to be pointing out that HJ and HJun have had a very special relationship which makes them more than friends and colleagues. They themselves have described it as being more like siblings, as well as admiring and respecting each other. However, that closeness translated into actions which could have been taken as signs of liking each other as more than just friends and siblings, and it now also creates a bit of confusion in terms of how they feel about each other. HJ and HJun don't have any interest in each other as man and woman, however, they are used to being each other's bff's and treating each other both casually and intimately. The thought that that relationship is no longer appropriate as they each now have partners is something that they are slowly starting to wake up. So, HJun is a bit jealous of HJ and MR, as is HJ of HJun and MR, though I expect it to resolve itself easily.  I appreciate that this drama puts that in perspective without making it a huge noisy fuss, or having HJ and/or HJun all of a sudden decide that maybe they are interested in each other.

I am glad you are making this observation. It is true that they have a really close relationship, they are more like siblings/best friends who work together, then collegues but precisely that might make it difficult for them and their partners to adapt. 

Let's see how HJun handles Hyun Jae asking if his brother is sleeping at her place and how or if he says something to his brother too. I do wish that MiRae and Yoon Jae might have more interaction...maybe he will ask her to help him buy a ring? That might make it at least not so awkard for them, bc when the four of them are together bc the lawyers tend to kind of monopolize the interactions?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

I do wish that MiRae and Yoon Jae might have more interaction...maybe he will ask her to help him buy a ring?

I think that the issue may be that MR is a fairly quiet and reserved girl, as well as being the youngest of the 4. So, even when HJun had told MR to be comfortable, MR is not quite able to be comfortable with HJun. So, without a personality transplant, or at least a significant amount of time passing, I'm not seeing MR being able to discuss much with YJ, or HJun for that matter. I'm not sure if this is a writing fail or an acting fail.

However, as you mentioned, perhaps YJ could ask MR for help picking something out for HJun, though not sure about a wedding ring. I'm not sure that any woman likes to think that her ring was picked out by another woman. Besides, MR already gave them couple bracelets. However, recruiting MR's help to throw a surprise party or event of some kind could be good.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

MR is not quite able to be comfortable with HJun. So, without a personality transplant, or at least a significant amount of time passing, I'm not seeing MR being able to discuss much with YJ, or HJun for that matter. I'm not sure if this is a writing fail or an acting fail.

She's kind of bland sometimes imo, and I also don't know if it's how the character is written or how the actress is portraying her. 

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

However, as you mentioned, perhaps YJ could ask MR for help picking something out for HJun, though not sure about a wedding ring. I'm not sure that any woman likes to think that her ring was picked out by another woman.

lol, true...I don't think any woman would want another one to pick up her ring, but I thought about MiRae ind of helping YJ with narrowing options...I don't know if our Dolt could manage on his own. 

Though probably the next couple of episodes will be focused on the SooJae-YooNa fallout, so I am just hoping the Dolts will have some scenes together.

• Like 2

@Min86 @stroppyse

I just got off Eps 23 ...the double date turned out so sweet and actually quite entertaining especially the bickering between HJ vs HJ. Clearly these two have a great bond (just like siblings ) beyond that of boss vs subordinate. Actually you can see that the actress playing MR is quite green in the scenes with the four of them. The other 3 are clearly very seasoned actors. But it's not a deal breaker for me since MR's character is written to be quite docile and timid. 

Anyway , what has caught my interest right now is the brothers' mum finding out the truth about Soo Jae and Yuna's  "marriage" plans. It is about time she does. I like this actress who plays the mother and I can really feel how disappointed and angry she is now that she knows the truth. 

I have not had time to check out the rest of the cuts yet...but here in preview for eps 25-  Dolt Couple will have lunch with grandad, MR's mum meets Hyun Jae ( but hmmm don't seem like it went so well despite seeming all polite, and I think they are gonna develop something more between Yuna and MR's brother ( think Yuna and Soo Jae broke up today?)

Continuation of the beach date

Spoiler

Spoiler

ahahaha ...after beach date did our Dolt Couple continue with some bedroom action? 

Post- bed room action :laugh:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring