It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That's so sweet how nervous HJun is in front of the Grandfather! Especially, since HJun is the successful career woman who is actually HJ's boss even!

That was such an important moment! And so very HaeJun of her to be clumsy, nervous and kind of shy trying to show Grandpa that she's there not as a successful woman but as YoonJae's girlfriend. 

I hope HyunJae will find out soon about Mirae's mom adoption...the woman is getting on my nerves now. She's throwing a tantrum bc MiRae is not attached at her hip all the time. ugh!

And can we please talk about MiRae's wardrobe? What is she wearing half of the time?! I don't get it!

It's going to be interesting to see how the YN-SJ storyline continues now. His mom is very much hurt and lashing out. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm leaving this here...sorry for the quality...I'll post later the HD version.

Seems like a lot of things will happen next week!

The written preview:

마음정리가 끝난 유나는 수재에게 진짜 이별을 고하고, 수재는 끝내 잡지 못한다. 한편, 윤재는 결혼하자는 해준의 말에 선뜻 대답을 하지 못하는데...

After clearing her mind, Yuna says goodbye to Soo-jae, and she can't catch Su-jae. Meanwhile, Yoon-jae doesn't readily answer Hae-jun's request to marry her...

Edited by Min86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Translation of the preview

SJ Mother: Say something! What is it?
SJ: YooNa said she wants to break up.

JH Father: You know that female employee?
YN: I’m an employee of Bong Foods.
JH Father: She seems pretty good.
JH: I know, right?

SR: Lawyer Shim is in the emergency room!
Woman: I told you this could happen!
SR: Apparently a client who had grudges against Lawyer Shim caused some trouble.

YJ: Hae Jun-shi!

HJ: Thank you for liking me first.
MR: Thank yo as well. I don’t feel hurt at all. When we are together, I feel very content.

Saleswoman: This is the first time that I’ve seen siblings who have such a good relationship.
HJ: We’re not siblings.
Saleswoman: Oh, it’s just that the two of you look so much alike.

MR Mother: Do you have a daughter?
Grandfather: Yes

MR Mother: It felt right. I thought it was special. I understand what it is about bloodlines.

Also, a slightly different translation of the written preview:

After having cleared her mind, Yoo Na really parts from Soo Jae, however, Soo Jae is unable to accept it. Meanwhile, Yoo Jae had been unable to readily answer Hae Jun’s request to get married…

Thanks @Min86 for posting both. It seems things are progressing.

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm just going to say...If these writers decide to have HaeJun have amnesia I'll be rioting on Twitter bc I can't deal with another amnesia trope this year! :shocked:

And thanks @stroppysefor the translation! 

It seems like MiRae and Hyun Jae will start having ppl say they look alike and maybe that will make things even worse once their families connection comes out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Min86 ahahah... no amnesia trope please.

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations

Dolt Couple cuts...

Hae Jun gets grandpa's approval...seems like he was wearing the clothes she got him as a gift

Spoiler

I think this money issue may be a problem ... @stroppyse did he bring up his debts here?

Spoiler

I understand now why Hae Jun suddenly brought up the marriage suggestion. These two went roller skating :laugh: and due to their achy bodies had to put those deep heat patches and lie down. Later he kind of asked if this was how marriage was .

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

HaeJun shares with MR about her "successful" meeting with YJ's grandfather. Think MR got inspired here to bring Hyun Jae to see her maternal grandmother

Spoiler

But during the visit , for a moment she suddenly thought Hyun Jae was her husband but after the episode passed, she realised & was embarrased but HJ assured her it was ok

Spoiler

Soo Jae's "suicide attempt"...was saved by cops who later called his family

Spoiler

I know I shouldn't be laughing but see the two older brothers in the car with him & trying keep him quiet:laugh:

At the end , Yuna finally decided to break up with Soo Jae this time

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, Min86 said:

It seems like MiRae and Hyun Jae will start having ppl say they look alike and maybe that will make things even worse once their families connection comes out. 

Except that they're not related by blood, just potentially by law if the grandfather and daughter accept each other as family. So, it's a weird trope to bring out. Still, I guess they have to get to the bloodline truth at some point and in some way. Still, it feels sloppy since they don't actually share any DNA.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think this money issue may be a problem ... @stroppyse did he bring up his debts here?

He didn't say it to her, but he thought it to himself that he has a lot of debts still. HJun was talking about how the younger couple married young, so they had a lot of expenses with relatively few resources, but since they, HJun and YJ, were both older and established, that they didn't have to worry about material circumstances. So, YJ thinks to himself later on looking at the falling stock prices that he doesn't have enough material wealth really.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hae Jun gets grandpa's approval...seems like he was wearing the clothes she got him as a gift

Yes, YJ tells HJun that his grandfather really liked her and was smiling a lot after he met HJun.

It was a cute scene with HJun wondering why YJ hadn't contacted her only to realize when he finally did that he had been thinking of things to do together that she might like. Aww.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know I shouldn't be laughing but see the two older brothers in the car with him & trying keep him quiet

That was hilarious! And, the three of them actually seemed like brothers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Soo Jae's "suicide attempt"...was saved by cops who later called his family

Actually, it's kind of a relief that SJ isn't such an idiot that he would kill himself over having been such a fool. It's not as if he doesn't have family who loves him and is wiling to help him, even if they give him grief for being scammed and for having such stupid ideas as to try to scam his own family as well. 

Given how many desperate people there are in the world though who don't have anyone they can turn to, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that scene being played for laughs, though.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1
28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

think Hae Jun taken to the emergency room may sort out his confusion. 

I think that might be the push he needs to propose or at least let her know why he's hesitant. I am all for being optimistic bc I can't deal with some makjang plot now with amnesia or something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I can't deal with some makjang plot now with amnesia or something...

ahahaha I can tell you were traumatized by the last weekender. 

OST 9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaha I can tell you were traumatized by the last weekender. 

Very much so...the amount of toxicity, violence and abuse imo was too much...not enough cuteness to compensate.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

it seems like the parents won’t be too happy with the girlfriends. MiRae Bc of her divorce and HaeJun… well, Mommy Lee does think she’s insane. 

Here's the YT vid:

Edited by Min86
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Min86 YJ just proposed ...he asked her to get married after the ER incident ( fortunately nothing happened to her). But she didn't answer. She wants him to propose properly :laugh:

The cut of YJ rushing off to check on HJ in the ER...

Spoiler

He was really worried , so he kind of got offended when she asked him in the previous cut why he was there....but they made up quite quickly

Bahahaha she wants a more sincere proposal isn't it @stroppyse?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

She wants him to propose properly

Of course she does! :MewGiggle:She wouldn't be HaeJun if she didn't!

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

He was really worried , so he kind of got offended when she asked him in the previous cut why he was there....but they made up quite quickly

I'm glad she wasn't hurt...he was really worried! I knew the cousins were going to use that to get him to accept he's dating her!! 

Btw, they were so cute today! 

Now, let's see what happens when he brings her home.

I loved the Mirae & HyunJae scenes today. Hope their romance won't come crashing down when the secrets start coming out.

• Heart Eyes 1

@Min86 Lots of sweet Hyun Mi moments today but given the preview , I am guessing it is the calm before the storm

But I hope the drama treats all these pairs as adults ...parental objection shouldn't be the reason for separation at this age :psweatduck:

The kiss

Preview in YT 

Oh let me add this ...dum dum dum ...complications incoming

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

51 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Lots of sweet Hyun Mi moments today but given the preview , I am guessing it is the calm before the storm

yes, I also have the feeling things will get bad for them before they get better.

51 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But I hope the drama treats all these pairs as adults ...parental objection shouldn't be the reason for separation at this age :psweatduck:

It seems to me that Mommy Lee won't see it that way. I wonder how her older sons will react. So far, both Yoon Jae and Hyun Jae seem to make their decisions even when their mom says something else. 

53 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh let me add this ...dum dum dum ...complications incoming

Tbh I want that secret to come out soon...maybe MiRae's mom will be busy with that and not bothering MiRae too much...though I guess both things will be connected.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Bahahaha she wants a more sincere proposal isn't it @stroppyse?

:lmao2: Yes, she wants him to put more effort into his proposal!

The scene where they make up was actually really sweet. YJ says that he realized he likes her much more than he had thought. He had run over with all sorts of unspeakable thoughts in his head, of potentially losing her, and he had become out of his mind. HJun responds that she had been miserable because of the incident, but now that incident has made her happier than she would ever have thought.

As they are walking, HJun mentions that she doesn't want to part from him which is when YJ says that perhaps they should get married. Then they wouldn't have to part, and if there is another incident of any kind, then he would be notified. That's when HJun asks whether when proposing, even if he didn't kneel in front of her, there shouldn't be more to it, some more sincerity (meaning something more significant. YJ says he's taken aback because he thought that she would like it (getting proposed to). That's when HJun tells him that she's telling him to try harder.

:lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Translation of the ep 28 preview

SJ Mother: I’m going to tell all the relatives, that you are the daughter that I gave birth to. (me: oops, seems as if dementia has taken her back to when she adopted SJ)

Woman: Why didn’t you go on the blind date that I arranged for you? Do you perhaps already have a girlfriend?

YN: We broke up.
JH: Then let’s go in my car.
YN: Okay.

SJ: I’m sorry. Are you not willing to forgive me at all?

HJ Father: Isn’t it about time that you told us about your girlfriend?
Cousin: You look like siblings!
HJ: I first met her as a client on a case. She was suing to annul her marriage.

YJ: I will introduce my girlfriend. This weekend.
Mother: Really?
YJ: Mom, are you that happy about it?

HJun: Hello. I’m Shim Hae Jun.
YJ: What happened between you and my mom?
YJ: When you think about it, the point to living is going forward like this.

Mother: What kind of woman is she? Is she a divorcee?

Father nods yes.

MR: Even if this love fails, I’ve already gotten so much from it.
MR Mother: if you are happy, then I’m happy.

I still don't like this story line of HJ and MR looking alike thing. They're not of the same blood lines, so why do they keep pushing it as a plot point? It creates a false issue versus the legal issues that could potentially arise. I guess they're going to use it as the mechanism to bring SJ and her father back together maybe, but it still feels kind of lazy and dumb. 

Unless, they really are going for birth secrets galore which actually make HJ and MR actual cousins in which case, ewww, not really into incestuous story lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, Min86 said:

It seems both MiRae and HaeJun will have to face some problems with the mom in law.

I wonder how the sons will react to that. 

In the preview, I cracked up at YJ's mother's face when she saw YJ's girlfriend. :lmao2:

She had told YJ that he should never date someone like HJun before. But now, he's not dating someone like HJun. He's dating HJun! rofl

I think YJ's mother should just be grateful that YJ has met someone who is so capable and resourceful as well as beautiful. I know that she likes young, wilting flowers like YA, but really, YA was the one who colluded with her adored youngest son to try to deceive her and the rest of the family. HJun definitely does not need an apartment as incentive to meet and marry YJ.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

YJ rushing to the ER after hearing HJun was there.

SR: Lawyer Shim is in the emergency room!
YJ: Why?
SR: I’m not exactly sure either, but it may be that a client with a grudge against Lawyer Shim may have caused some trouble.
YJ: Is she hurt?
SR: If she’s in the emergency room, it’s probably because she was hurt? Wait. Wait. Let’s take my car!

YJ: Seung Soo!
SR: Husband!
SS: Hyung, you came as well?
YJ: Yes! Where is Hae Jun-shi?
(SS points)
YJ: Hae Jun-shi! Hae Jun-shi!

HJun: Yoon Jae-shi
YJ: Hae Jun-shi! You’re not hurt?
HJun: Why would I be hurt?
YJ: Why didn’t you contact me?! If you were going to be late, you should have called me to let me know you were going to be late!
HJun: I…I texted you.

HJun: Why is he being like that?
SR: I think that he thought that you had been hurt. Because he got some wrong information.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I cracked up at YJ's mother's face when she saw YJ's girlfriend. :lmao2:

She had told YJ that he should never date someone like HJun before. But now, he's not dating someone like HJun. He's dating HJun! rofl

Same! Mom was like...WHAT?! And then hiding behind dad! :PsyWhat: Of course, her son not only didn't listen to what she said, he's pretty much challenging her, bringing HaeJun home...And if he's bringing her home, is bc they already agreed to marry (at least I think so...didn't he tell the dad he would bring his gf home when they'd agreed on marriage?)

19 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think YJ's mother should just be grateful that YJ has met someone who is so capable and resourceful as well as beautiful. I know that she likes young, wilting flowers like YA, but really, YA was the one who colluded with her adored youngest son to try to deceive her and the rest of the family. HJun definitely does not need an apartment as incentive to meet and marry YJ.

This is what I hope will be how she sees it! She already got hurt by the cute, young girl she wanted to have so badly in the family...let's hope she takes the time to get to know HaeJun now and give her a chance. 

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

HJun: Why is he being like that?
SR: I think that he thought that you had been hurt. Because he got some wrong information.

SR was so happy to have confirmed her suspicions but poor YJ was so distressed! I'm glad HaeJun is fine, but that poor man was so scared!

Btw @stroppysedid YJ tell her about his finances here?

• Like 2